INSTANT QUICKFIGHTS

lotos

Add a tick box option on the quickfights screen that says you're ready to fight now. Also have larger payouts on quickfights. A great way to inject some life into the game, give new players some instant fun while providing a way to make quite a lot of money and gain hype/experience in a short space of time. [Fights would have to be international and without travel to increase chances of getting a fight.]

How it would work: be ready to fight 1 hour or 2 once both fighters have accepted.

Would this function encourage people to use of the app?

This would transform the game in my eye as it would bring some realtime aspects to the game. Players who use the app can get an updates when the fight has been accepted and might even encourage people to use the app. I don't use the app, but I know I would upload the app for this.

• Upvote 6

idk about the 'bot' part. I like how QFC itself is done now. But when going QFC, why is it restricted to a regional thing? I think for the lower level QFC fighters, let them fight anywhere in the world, just to test them out. Keep all the of the other restrictions in place.

This might lead into a higher turnover for fighters. But for me, it is annoying to have to wait a few days for a QFC.

• Upvote 3

idk about the 'bot' part. I like how QFC itself is done now. But when going QFC, why is it restricted to a regional thing? I think for the lower level QFC fighters, let them fight anywhere in the world, just to test them out. Keep all the of the other restrictions in place.

This might lead into a higher turnover for fighters. But for me, it is annoying to have to wait a few days for a QFC.

in several cities it's not a matter of waiting a few days, but weeks of waiting for a "Quick" fight. if you look at the QFC waiting list, it is empty most of the time at most weight classes. and all the last QFC fights I had were against super skilled fighters with double digit primaries.

so at least from my experience, it is not quick; it is not a level playing field; it is not used to test new fighters. so it doesn't work for what it was supposed to. if you had an "instant fight" option against recent creations you'd ensure a level playing field. but if no one else ticks that "instant fight" option you might as well keep waiting. so if no one shows up in X ammount of time, you'd fight a bot (this shouldn't ever count towards record and hype though).

if QFC being global fixed everything at once then I agree it's a better solution but looking at the waiting list, I'm not sure that would be the case.

• Upvote 1

Amateur fights sounds good. Maybe there could a tick box for [off the record] or I'm thinking couldn't you award more hype for higher level QFC's or ones that are [on record]. Kinda like an underground (fight club) selection (ie not on record) and/or gym fight (on the record). I'm just throwing it out there, maybe someone can add to this???

And the bot sounds like the wisest solution to guarantee getting a fight.

ALSO: To eradicate the waiting for ages, what if the option to instant quick fight only happened during training times or morning/evening slots (maybe 2 x half hr,1hr,2hr slots each day and/or all day Sundays). Be great to go down the fight club on a Sunday wouldn't it?.....Testing your guys all in one single visit would be pretty damn cool.

It seems we have a few overriding issues with QFCs here:

1) QFCs go [off the record]: having test fights affects the rankings too much. Could this be a selection we choose YES/NO?

2) QFCs go international or fighter faces bot: not enough QFCs in smaller towns, hence waiting too long. [This may coincide with the travelling issue: does travelling/jets stay and is this a matter of priority enough to change the game engine]. As a solution we could consider high speed jets (automatic concord flights with QFCs).

3) Reduce manager hype: concern for managers getting too much hype.

4) Flights/destination: Will Mike keep them?

5) QFCs get divided into another group; Amateur Instant Flights (possibly with with high payouts and less manager hype [off the record]) and higher level fighters who get less money and more hype [on the record?]

FLIGHTS/JETS ISSUE: It seems the game (Mike) has been in dilemna as to whether to either stay realistic (keeping jets/flights) and less functional as a game or take a less realistic direction in terms of giving the players a more exciting/playable experience. It feels to be that removing flights is too much of a dramatic slash in terms of wasting all that programming.

SOLUTION: I think the solution could be ALL OF THE ABOVE. Mike introduces ultra speed jets and automatic flights (cost free for young fighters) for INSTANT-QFCs. The hype and record will either be switched on or off (unless there's a way to have a sliding factor: such as younger fighters get either less hype/more money or more hype/less money).

How it could work: QFCs have a [ready to fight now] button and a [off the record] button. QFCs go international with automatic high speed jets just for QFCs which take 1-2hrs to get anywhere. So, you enter into the instant quickfights column for your weightclass and wait (10-30mins). If the fighter doesn't get a match up, then a bot is assigned and the flight happens automatically and immediately. The fighter gets his opponent at the same time as the flight takes off so u can adjust your sliders at that point. Maybe it's possible to have an [accept opponent during flight] option (if you have your sliders set for ANY opponent). In that case, a manager could accept to fight you and replace the bot.

Suggestion for hype issue: the younger the fighter, the least hype the managers get, but more money (this could this be set by the manager as a pre-fight (one single slider or you simply choose one or the other) or automatically calculated so that the older you are the less money you get, but gets more hype)? "I'm just throwing ideas around, so please feel free to pull my ideas apart. Let's try to work out the most simple solution together".

• Upvote 3

It seems we have a few overriding issues with QFCs here:

1) QFCs go [off the record]: having test fights affects the rankings too much. Could this be a selection we choose YES/NO?

2) QFCs go international or fighter faces bot: not enough QFCs in smaller towns, hence waiting too long. [This may coincide with the travelling issue: does travelling/jets stay and is this a matter of priority enough to change the game engine]. As a solution we could consider high speed jets (automatic concord flights with QFCs).

3) Reduce manager hype: concern for managers getting too much hype.

4) Flights/destination: Will Mike keep them?

5) QFCs get divided into another group; Amateur Instant Flights (possibly with with high payouts and less manager hype [off the record]) and higher level fighters who get less money and more hype [on the record?]

FLIGHTS/JETS ISSUE: It seems the game (Mike) has been in dilemna as to whether to either stay realistic (keeping jets/flights) and less functional as a game or take a less realistic direction in terms of giving the players a more exciting/playable experience. It feels to be that removing flights is too much of a dramatic slash in terms of wasting all that programming.

SOLUTION: I think the solution could be ALL OF THE ABOVE. Mike introduces ultra speed jets and automatic flights (cost free for young fighters) for INSTANT-QFCs. The hype and record will either be switched on or off (unless there's a way to have a sliding factor: such as younger fighters get either less hype/more money or more hype/less money).

How it could work: QFCs have a [ready to fight now] button and a [off the record] button. QFCs go international with automatic high speed jets just for QFCs which take 1-2hrs to get anywhere. So, you enter into the instant quickfights column for your weightclass and wait (10-30mins). If the fighter doesn't get a match up, then a bot is assigned and the flight happens automatically and immediately. The fighter gets his opponent at the same time as the flight takes off so u can adjust your sliders at that point. Maybe it's possible to have an [accept opponent during flight] option (if you have your sliders set for ANY opponent). In that case, a manager could accept to fight you and replace the bot.

Suggestion for hype issue: the younger the fighter, the least hype the managers get, but more money (this could this be set by the manager as a pre-fight (one single slider or you simply choose one or the other) or automatically calculated so that the older you are the less money you get, but gets more hype)? "I'm just throwing ideas around, so please feel free to pull my ideas apart. Let's try to work out the most simple solution together".

Wow the flight thing is a complicated read. So super speed automatic flights? Why don't we just teleport and scrap the flying altogether? So much simpler, takes a very confusing and unnecessary part of the game out. Game is already tough enough without having to worry about fighter logistics. Though I do understand it really takes the locations aspect out of the game as well but I think we could come up with a way as a community to make each location perform and possibly work differently possibly through localized rules, economic differences, possibly even localized hype ratings (this would really effect business with orgs) and really add some depth to the game of which flying to and from doesn't really add anything but private jets (unless you could possibly open up your own Airline, but man that would be a pain in the ass.)

As for the qfc I really think switching it over to instant fights would be a huge plus along with opening it up internationally. 100% shouldn't count towards your official record and the same with opening it up internationally.

Wow the flight thing is a complicated read. So super speed automatic flights? Why don't we just teleport and scrap the flying altogether? So much simpler, takes a very confusing and unnecessary part of the game out. Game is already tough enough without having to worry about fighter logistics. Though I do understand it really takes the locations aspect out of the game as well but I think we could come up with a way as a community to make each location perform and possibly work differently possibly through localized rules, economic differences, possibly even localized hype ratings (this would really effect business with orgs) and really add some depth to the game of which flying to and from doesn't really add anything but private jets (unless you could possibly open up your own Airline, but man that would be a pain in the ass.)

As for the qfc I really think switching it over to instant fights would be a huge plus along with opening it up internationally. 100% shouldn't count towards your official record and the same with opening it up internationally.

Nice feedback. Scrapping flights seems like good idea. SO, if we HAVE to keep flights then why not make it exciting and exclusive? So, an alternative is to keep destinations but each city has different traits/arenas such as female competitions (just throwing these out there), open weight, cheaper gyms, underground streetfights (off the record), high hype events etc........and have qfc's international with a quick fights option?

• Upvote 1

I have been asking for this for years but I keep getting bad responce maybe because its me but maybe because really others think its not worth it.

Anyway what we need is not just a quick fights but legit tutorial for new users where one of the steps is a quick fight or few of them. For example they give you 3 type of fighters Wrestler BJJ and Striker and you need to fight against Medicare bot fighter all over the place where game would tell you the biggest mistakes you made like going 100% combos or taking fight to the ground when you have 0 ground skills.

Also the QFC need to be not based on cities but overall because even if you think new manager makes a fighter and he can get a fight in 2 days its not allways true or eve rare ar this point because you need to wait a week or sometimes more to even get an opponent.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I have been asking for this for years but I keep getting bad responce maybe because its me but maybe because really others think its not worth it.

Anyway what we need is not just a quick fights but legit tutorial for new users where one of the steps is a quick fight or few of them. For example they give you 3 type of fighters Wrestler BJJ and Striker and you need to fight against Medicare bot fighter all over the place where game would tell you the biggest mistakes you made like going 100% combos or taking fight to the ground when you have 0 ground skills.

Also the QFC need to be not based on cities but overall because even if you think new manager makes a fighter and he can get a fight in 2 days its not allways true or eve rare ar this point because you need to wait a week or sometimes more to even get an opponent.

I think at the very lesst the last part has to be fixed. Not needs but has to be fixed. How can you call them quick fights if I can book a fighter in a KT test fight for next week (need 2 fighters for this next week btw if anyones interested.) And he'll probably fight sooner than half of the fighters trying to get a fight in the qfc. Might as well join an org at that pace.

I think at the very lesst the last part has to be fixed. Not needs but has to be fixed. How can you call them quick fights if I can book a fighter in a KT test fight for next week (need 2 fighters for this next week btw if anyones interested.) And he'll probably fight sooner than half of the fighters trying to get a fight in the qfc. Might as well join an org at that pace.

Thats the problem and its even worse if you are new manager. If you play the game and you make a new fighter you will wait these 2 weeks is not all that much for a guy who is playing the game but lets be real how much of the new managers will wait 2 weeks for a first fight? I think we all know the answer for that.

As far as lotos is saying that some of the QFC fights should be against bots I would have to be completely against it. It ruins all the manager game standards as far as this or other manager games goes. Only instant fights against bots should be for new managers in tutorials or any other type of sections where they can learn how to fight and the results or anything what happened in these fights should not go public in any circumstances.

Lets not make this game like any other facebook type mma manager game where you just need to press the most clicks and you are the strongest fighter in the town.

• Upvote 1

Great points!

At first I only entertained the idea of bots cos A)someone mentioned it and B)it seemed a fail safe way in case instant quickfights were as as less popular as current QFCs. I think what you guys are saying are really valid points and would take a lot of heat and concern about how badly these affect the ratings. The reasons for having QFCs are clearly not being met.

I have high hopes for making qfc's international and off the record. If it's off the record, then why not have fights at open weight. Hell if managers are looking to REALLY test their fighting skills (ground skills against another grappler for example), test a fighter or just have some fun then why not have the quickfights with opponents you are confident are good.

TO FURTHER THIS CONCEPT: you could even set up QFCs in a chat room (like gaming rooms) so that you can log on...see if anyone is online with wanting to test fight and you just arrange it verbally. You could even exchange information before/after the fight, so that you know you are really testing your guy (deducing that a seemingly impressive knockout WAS because your guy was good and not cos ur opponent had zero striking defence OR match up your subs guy against a GnP guy before hand).

MY CONCERN IS: before I or we get carried away, I'd like to get an administrator in this discussion, cos I'd like to get an idea if A)any ideas will actually go on the list of priorities B) how high this is on their list C) how our ideas coincide with current ideas that the programmers are working on. (i.e If we don't know what their plans are then it's hard to come up with good ideas that will contribute to the grand scheme of things and don't clash with what they are doing). I think we could be wasting our time unless we know what the agenda is? Will destinations stay in the game? Will the women's division be in one town?

WHAT IS THE ISLAND FOR ANYWAY?: I think the island was meant to be designed for the testing creations right? Or was that for testing your skills? Or was it just to have a more realtime aspect to the game (faster paced)? Either way, maybe the island could come into it. Maybe localise non rated fights to another island-----maybe the staff or already working on non-rated QFC competitions? I like the idea of taking a few new guys and entering them into a knockout (2 strikes) tournament. They might even end up fighting each other?

this is bang on, i'm down for getting faster qfc's across the tycoon world as opposed to waiting just in the city the fighter is in.

other than that i like the pace the game flows at!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

this is bang on, i'm down for getting faster qfc's across the tycoon world as opposed to waiting just in the city the fighter is in.

other than that i like the pace the game flows at!

QFCs should be worldwide (or maybe continent-wide? No, worldwide).

You should also be able to fight at your natural weight or your cut-to weight.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

QFCs should be worldwide (or maybe continent-wide? No, worldwide).

You should also be able to fight at your natural weight or your cut-to weight.

Agreed....what about open weight quickfight tournaments? Or is a way to speed that shit up worth discussing?

• Upvote 2

Well maybe make QFC as amateur record that gives some xp and morale boost according to opponent? Thus the "has an extensive amateur record" make more sense and wont make fighters after creation automatically professionals. Plus its a good way to test a fighter without losing or have to worry about a random opponent. Furthermore, people might consider better getting a contract instead of grinding free wins out of the QFC. Maybe send a message to the fight also saying sth like ^ ur fighter has signed his first contract and is really have and receives a morale boost^ or maybe some other (random?) event (bad-good?)

• Upvote 3

• 7 months later...

Well maybe make QFC as amateur record that gives some xp and morale boost according to opponent? Thus the "has an extensive amateur record" make more sense and wont make fighters after creation automatically professionals. Plus its a good way to test a fighter without losing or have to worry about a random opponent. Furthermore, people might consider better getting a contract instead of grinding free wins out of the QFC. Maybe send a message to the fight also saying sth like ^ ur fighter has signed his first contract and is really have and receives a morale boost^ or maybe some other (random?) event (bad-good?)

Agreed....any of the above would be nice additions to the game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

in several cities it's not a matter of waiting a few days, but weeks of waiting for a "Quick" fight. if you look at the QFC waiting list, it is empty most of the time at most weight classes. and all the last QFC fights I had were against super skilled fighters with double digit primaries.

so at least from my experience, it is not quick; it is not a level playing field; it is not used to test new fighters. so it doesn't work for what it was supposed to. if you had an "instant fight" option against recent creations you'd ensure a level playing field. but if no one else ticks that "instant fight" option you might as well keep waiting. so if no one shows up in X ammount of time, you'd fight a bot (this shouldn't ever count towards record and hype though).

if QFC being global fixed everything at once then I agree it's a better solution but looking at the waiting list, I'm not sure that would be the case.

For experienced fighters and if a bot was an idea people liked, instead of picking a randomly generated fighter, your opponent could be selected from retired fighters. If you're lucky, you might face one of the greats or one of your own hall of famers. That would be soooo cool. Imagine if came across an old rival or friend's legendary champ. I would love it if I could fight Laz Staz's boy Bwang Jackson. Some of my prospects haven't even heard of these veterans. (That idea sent me off on a wild one Regular John)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1