Anderson Silva vs Anthony Pettis?

Anderson has 2 more fights on his UFC contract. If you were the matchmaker, who do you put across from him for his next fight?

It looks like Anderson and Anthony Pettis would like to fight each other, who takes that one? Assuming it takes place at 185lbs

Im leaning towards Anderson, even though he has fallen so far from his prime. Anthony didn't look too good against Donald. I think the size difference may favor Silva. Idk how much power and speed Anthony will have at 185, if he chooses to gain some weight or just weigh in at 175 or something.

Weird fight but very interesting. If I was the matchmaker though, Id go Anderson Silva vs Uriah Hall.

Pettis could never fight at Middleweight, hes way too small. 176 would be more realistic but Anderson would have a hard time cutting for that. Anderson vs Hall would be awesome though for sure.

Anderson vs Weidman 3

Anderson vs Diaz 2

Anderson vs Till

Anderson vs Shogun/Rogerio Winner at 205.

Any of those would be exciting and would be massive for an event in Brazil. I think all are competitive fights.

• Upvote 1

Do you realize how big Anderson Silva is lol? The dude once fought at light heavyweight.

There's probably like 30 pounds weight difference and Pettis stands absolutely no chance unless he can chop down Silva's leg or throw a surprise KO.

I do. Him and Pettis have both been talking about it though, thats why I brought it up. But Anderson is 45 and hasn't had a KO win since Stephan Bonnar, and is 1-6-1 in his last 8 fights. Pettis is still only 33 even if he is past his prime. Im not saying he'd win but I couldn't count him out.

I do. Him and Pettis have both been talking about it though, thats why I brought it up. But Anderson is 45 and hasn't had a KO win since Stephan Bonnar, and is 1-6-1 in his last 8 fights. Pettis is still only 33 even if he is past his prime. Im not saying he'd win but I couldn't count him out.

If that's the case, he needs to be drilling some crazy jumping strike maneuver to KO Anderson.

Not sure how this will work out weight wise. At MW i guess Anderson has an advantage, even if he is a shadow of who he once was. I think it will be a decision win, nothing too spectacular, with Anderson's most entertaining moments being his clowning around.

Anderson's final should only be non-contenders who can put forth an exciting match up(for me, not casuals per say).

Shogun vs Silva was one i wanted for years but Shogun is even more of a shell than Silva. I mean who gave a fuck about Liddell/Ortiz 3.

they will sacrifice Silva to some young prospect ..like they did with Adesanya.

But i would personally like to see Silva fighting Weidman for the 3rd time

If Silva faces anyone that isn't already a big name and (preferably with his career also behind him like Nick Diaz) HOF status it would have to be a striker.

I still wouldn't be behind it but if he is booked against a contender or prospect it would have to be against someone like Shabaz, where Silva would be a legit level test for his striking.

That fight would make zero sense for Silva though... But let's face it... No fight makes any sense for Silva anymore.

I have no issues with a 40+ UFC league for the old timers.

Silva vs Liddell

Silva vs Lee Murray 2

Silva vs TRT Vitor

Silva vs Dan Hardy

Fights would line up w/ a lot of his career.

I like that idea for 40+ league, Bellator does that all the time. The Silva vs Liddell is closer to a 50+ league :thumbup:

Just looked at the LHW, MW, & WW rosters & I see why Dana doesn't know what do with Anderson.While fighting Pettis would be cool (I love a good size difference; Pride Never Die!) it seems unlikely. Barring prospects & doing just fun veteran fights their aren't that many intriguing options:

Chris Weidman III

Diego Sanchez @ 185 (lol)

Robbie Lawler @ 185

Matt Brown @ 185

Tim Boestch (lol)

Ed Herman (lol)

I don't think he'd fight Shogun as they were friends from the Chute Boxe days but that would be a fun one.