Major League Baseball 2020

Deuce7

Crazy stuff, didn’t see a real reason for letting go of Betts. Thought he might be a Sox for life.

I’m still amazed at how light of a penalty the Astros got for having hidden cameras. There’s not a team in the league that wouldn’t trade a couple mil and some draft picks for a World Series.

The Betts move is because they didn't want to pay him after this coming season and figured they might as well get something in return. "Experts" are guessing Betts could get close to $400million on the open market.

The Astros punishment, if you want to call it that, was definitely on the light side. They'll be trading guys away soon enough. Too many young guys that they can't afford.

Baseball can say they have parity all they want, but the Dodgers already had the best roster in baseball and just added two more stars. They need a hard cap, but it will never happen.

To be fair, we've seen plenty of teams have "the best talent" and not win.

Hard cap will never happen. Players are getting paid loads of money on guaranteed contracts and their player's association won't ever let that change.

Baseball can say they have parity all they want, but the Dodgers already had the best roster in baseball and just added two more stars. They need a hard cap, but it will never happen.

Not gonna lie this dodgers roster is looking like a real juggernaut but it was a juggernaut the year before and for a few years before that and lo and behold they have yet to win a title. The reason baseball can say they have all this parity is because they do. If the dodgers win this year it wouldnt go against that since they havent won in over 30 years. Hell even the Yankees have gone through a historic drought.

Imo I still dont believe the dodgers are gonna win because despite adding a top tier player they still have all the same issues that they have had and has kept them from winning. Their starting pitching is extremely weak outside of buehler. And in the playoffs pitching is what carries you to titles. Their bullpen is solid but their second biggest issue imo is their manager Dave Roberts. Weve seen him mishandle his bullpen year in and year out. In my eyes hes one of the worst managers in baseball with the luxury of having the most talented roster year after year.

Baseball does not have parity. The nature of the game is that the best team does not always win, sure. But right now, before spring training has even started, 10 clubs are already eliminated from the postseason due to the talent disparity. 4 or 5 clubs, you can already pencil into the playoffs.

I know a hard cap will never happen. But the game needs one.

Baseball does not have parity. The nature of the game is that the best team does not always win, sure. But right now, before spring training has even started, 10 clubs are already eliminated from the postseason due to the talent disparity. 4 or 5 clubs, you can already pencil into the playoffs.

I know a hard cap will never happen. But the game needs one.

Compared to basketball and football it has far more parity. The fucking royals won a title and the dodgers havent. Parity isnt that every team has a reasonable chance because thats simply impossible to achieve. Parity is that the same team doesnt win every year and nobody truly knows whos gonna win even up until the World Series itself. The Red Sox won 2 years ago and now it looks like theyre gonna have to rebuild. If you look at football the patriots are always title contenders and have usually won most years. And how many years did we say well the warriors are gonna win the title going into an nba season?

I think the Yankees are the favorites because the gerrit cole signing was a much bigger hole filled than the Mookie trade. A dark horse for me is also the Braves.

The same could be said for every sport. Look at the NFL. We knew coming into this season the Redskins, Dolphins, Bengals and Cardinals were definitely not going to make the playoffs. On the other side, we would have penciled in the Patriots, Chiefs, Saints, Seahawks and Packers into the playoffs.

• 8 months later...

what's a bigger World Series error, the last play of tonight or Buckner in 86?

Bill Buckner in 86 for sure. Cost them the series against Mets

that didn't cost them the series, that was game six, they still had game seven.

My first thought when I saw the play...

http://youtu.be/szM0wwcdPV4