Gym Manager Improvements

I know Mike is very busy improving the fight engine but here a few ideas I have regarding gym ownership and improving game play and the gym managers experience. This is a improvements forum, so here are my improvements... of course I know there are other improvements going on as I write but a few of these could be added later on down the line.

This is my first post in two years and I'm sure these have been brought up before, so I apologise but here are just a few thoughts:

Gym size: Currently there is no cost attached to this. Obviously the more members you have the higher your costs should be and the bigger space you need. I have no idea how a gym with only 10 members can have the same associated costs as a gym with 200 members.

Public option: Private members - fighters only - open to all (public). Public can only use the fitness suite - you determine the max users of this element

and the cost of membership with max being $50 or something. The amount of public users is determined by an advertising budget and reputation. This will increase turnover through members fees, improved use of vending (and maybe merchandise sales if added). However, the more public members you have the quicker the equipment quality will decrease, and fighters will lose morale - everyone prefers training in private.

Gym facilities: Great that gyms have a sauna to cut weight - how about a physio to reduce injury time? or a Sports Psychologist to improve that killer instinct or to mentally prepare fighters for their next fight. Swimming pool option to train some physicals. Just a few thoughts...

Merchandise: Every MMA or BJJ gym I have been to sells merchandise to improve turnover. Maybe partner up with a clothing store - as per the nutrition company with vending machines.

and finally...

Amateur tourneys: Quite a few gyms run amateur MMA, grappling and striking events. Maybe allow gyms to host a maximum of 6 events a year (1 every 60 days). Hosted at the gym and open to members and also other fighters in the city. Cost of $30 to enter and you receive a cash prize if you win. But it's all about testing sliders and gaining experience. Amateur fights have minor affect on the fighters hype and popularity. Maybe increased revenue from spectators - depending on the size of your gym - say $10 a head.

Tiger Muay Thai in Phuket do a similar thing with their BBQ Beatdown. http://www.bbqbeatdownthailand.com/

Like I said, just a few thoughts. Thank you for reading. Best wishes, Paul

• Upvote 7

• 5 weeks later...
Gym size: Public option: - these would be realistic but also make it harder to run a public gym.
Gym facilities: - doctors was always planned as a separate company and hopefully will happen one day.
Merchandise: - more doable, especially as it would help public gyms.

Amateur tourneys: - massive amount of work but we'll see. maybe one day.

• Upvote 3

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the idea of having the merch companies partnered up with the gym like it is for gyms and nutrition which also goes to my one improvement idea and that's for clothing companies being able to have more than one partner because it's unheard of really for clothing companies only having 1 partner when it comes to professional sport leagues and etc.