Rapid Fighting Championship 340K+

RAPID FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP 41 REVIEW – HARD KNOCKS ARENA IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

Carr: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Rapid Fighting Championship 41 Review! I’m your host, Eric Carr, and joining me is the esteemed Chris Ball!

Ball: Thank you, Carr, I appreciate that! We had an explosive event in Sydney with half of the fights ending in the first round!

Carr: Plenty of business was handled, no doubt about that! In fact, only two fights went the distance, and that’s an indication of the intense competition that Rapid Fighting Championship signs and brings to each and every event! Without further ado, let’s get into the action! The night kicked off with Michael Swango vs. Blake Westcutt! I predicted that Swango would win this fight by knockout, and Ball thought Westcutt would win by submission. Turns out that I was right on the money!

Ball: Yeah, yeah, you got lucky! I fully expected Westcutt to make Swango tap out quickly, but he obviously wasn’t able to pull that off! You could see the disappointment on his face and his trainers faces as well!

Carr: Swango was an absolute blur of aggressive pain and punching as soon as the bel rang! He ran at Westcutt and didn’t even have time to make a proper fist when he threw his first strike!

Ball: What’s the deal with the slap!? You don’t slap a man, especially in the cage, and especially if you’re a highly-trained fighter with very good boxing skills! I thought Swango may have done that to try and throw Westcutt off his game or maybe just flat out try and show him up! Either way, I know if someone ran at me and slapped me, there would be hell to pay! What’s he going to do next, slap an opponent across the face with a glove and challenge him to a duel!?

Carr: I’m sure it was just the adrenaline and getting caught up in the moment! As you said, Swango’s a very skilled fighter, and he has heavy hands and knows how to use them, so give the guy a break! Swango did what he needed to do to keep Westcutt at a distance and out of his attempts to clinch him so he could have a better chance of taking this fight to the ground! Not even at the one-minute mark, Swango unleashed a furious combination that floored Westcutt, cut him above his right eye, and dazed him pretty badly!

Ball: There’s no doubt that Swango rocked Westcutt’s world with that awesome combination, but what surprised me, and I’m sure numerous people watching this fight, is the trouble that Swango had in finishing this fight right then and there! You level your opponent, cut him, and daze him all at the same time, yet you don’t finish him!? That’s the sweetest setup you can have but he didn’t’ take full advantage, and I’m sure his trainers will work diligently on correcting that so he knows what to do next time!

Carr: Part of that was Westcutt’s defense, Ball! Give him some credit for surviving that onslaught and tough situation! Westcutt did a great job in avoiding being finished and even managed to lock Swango into a clinch so he could slow things down and get his bearings back! Westcutt tried to pull guard but I think he was too dazed to pull that move off properly, plus Swango was well-prepared and too strong! Swango broke the clinch then broke more skin above the right eye of Westcutt and the blood began to pour more freely! Westcutt had to work hard to lock in a clinch that, in my opinion, saved him in the round, and he managed to hang until the bell!

Ball: The clinch attempts were Westcutt’s downfall, and to Swango’s credit, he waited for the right moment before leveling Westcutt with a nasty counter jab-cross combination that dropped Westcutt and really opened up that cut! Swango learned from his earlier mistake in the first round and this time, he moved in for the finish! Calling back on the old Street Fighter days, he unloaded a brutal uppercut that knocked Westcutt out before he even hit the mat! That’s power, precision and pain! Swango had to admire that knockout and Westcutt didn’t know where he was once he woke up!

Carr: It was a devastating knockout, and that earned him Fight of the Night honors! Swango moves to 11-2 overall, an excellent record, and sends a message to his opponents that his heavy hands are to be taken seriously! The FinnFighters are very proud of this young man, and they have every right to be! “The Cowboy” took the loss well and he falls to 9-2, which is still an excellent record! I’m sure he’ll work very diligently to rebound from this loss, and The Stepdads were there in full support when he went back to the locker room!

RESULT: MICHAEL SWANGO DEFEATS BLAKE WESTCUTT BY KNOCKOUT

Carr: The next match was just flat out mean!

Ball: This time it was my turn to predict this fight correctly! We both predicated that this fight would end in a submission, and in terms of that, we were both right, but I went with “Boah”, and man, did he pull through! He was locked and loaded as soon as the bell rang, and it seems Xavier could sense how focused Neves was!

Carr: You’re right about that because Xavier tried to distract Neves by waving his hands out in front of him, but Neves completely ignored that and went for the lockup! Xavier locked Never into the clinch but it was Neves who was the aggressor in taking the fight to the mat! Never pulled guard, dragged Xavier down, and before Xavier knew he, a tight Triangle was cinched in and he had no choice but to tap! Neves’ corner was happy and they made sure to wave their Voodoo Nutrition and Dark Knight Nutrition items all over the place!

Ball: You do what you have to do for those sponsors! You have to admit, the bat symbol for Dark Knight Nutrition is just freakin’ cool! Jack Xavier is now 10-4, which is still good, don’t get it twisted! The UnderGround Fights Enterprise members at cage side were very supportive of Xavier and he didn’t seem to be too upset about the loss after that. Neves moves to 13-2, a very impressive record, and The Stepdads were all giddy after this quick win by their alliance member!

RESULT: THIAGO NEVES DEFEATS JACK XAVIER BY TRIANGLE SUBMISSION

Ball: Focusing now on the Gok Won Khun vs. Carter Donovan fight, and I have to say, Carr, Khun made me look very smart!

Carr: That he did, Ball! I predicted that Donovan would make Khun tap, and you predicted that Khun would win by knockout! Technically, he did knock Donovan out, so you get credit for your prediction!

Ball: You better believe I do!

Carr: Being the Light Heavyweight Champion, I thought Donovan was going to be a torrid storm in the cage that overwhelmed Khun, but to his credit, Khun was extremely well prepared for this fight, and the results showed exactly that! Donovan did try a major haymaker to start the match, but it was definitely much too early for that, and Khun slipped it easily! Donovan looked sharp on his feet, there’s no doubt about that, but he wasn’t able to land any of his standard crushing strikes! Part of that was Khun’s defense, and I also think Donovan had to watch out for Khun’s kicks!

Ball: Khun ate a few shots but managed to stay away from any takedown attempt Donovan made, plus managed to land just enough shots to make Donovan’s hands spread wider than he’s like. Right then and there, Khun saw his opening, and boom! Khun stepped in with a sharp uppercut right on the money and Donovan was looking up at the lights before he knew it! To his credit, he got off the mat quickly, but it was obvious that he was out of it! Khun blasted Donovan with a vicious right hook that floored him, and Khun launched into side control and rained down the punches until the referee had to stop it! Not only did he win the title, but he also received Knockout of the Night accolades!

Carr: It was a very impressive showing by Khun and he absolutely earned the right to the be the new Light Heavyweight Champion! “Black Wolf” now sits atop the proverbial mountain with a 5-1 record, and there are great things in store for the 21-year-old! He’ll proudly display that beautiful championship belt, but Jackson Trigger is next in line on September 14th, so Khun won’t have a whole lot of time to celebrate! Donovan moves to a very respectable 7-3 overall and I’m sure he’ll snap back quickly from this loss!

RESULT: GOK WON KHUN DEFEATS CARTER DONOVAN BY TKO (STRIKES) TO BECOME THE NEW LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Carr: The crowd was still buzzing from the championship fight when Konstantinos Nevrakis and Samuel Westcliff stepped into the cage!

Ball: I still want to know how long it took Nevrakis to learn how to spell his first name!

Carr: For this fight, I went with Nevrakis to win by submission while Ball went with Westcliff by knockout!

Ball: I definitely didn’t see this fight ending the way it did! Props to Nevrakis, nonetheless!

Carr: Prior to entering the cage, Nevrakis took a moment to genuflect, cross himself, then sprint around the cage, and he looked very ready for this fight! Westcliff came to the cage with a great deal of confidence, and that’s to be expected from a fighter who hasn’t tasted defeat!

Ball: Definitely, plus he head a major height and weight advantage! With all of that going, I definitely thought he’d run right through Nevrakis! No disrespect to Nevrakis at all, but I just didn’t expect him to be able to slow down Westcliff!

Carr: I think Nevrakis’ speed caught Westcliff off guard, because he locked him in a clinch almost immediately after the bell rang! Even the referee was surprised at how Nevrakis ran up to Westcliff and wrapped his arms around his for the clinch! Westcliff was able to keep Nevrakis against the cage for a brief moment to avoid the takedown, but Nevrakis stuck with it and managed to pull the bigger man into guard. Once he did that, Nevrakis was like me on a great BBQ rib!

Ball: Ha! Now you’re talkin’! Nothing in this world is better than a great piece of BBQ! Unfortunately for Westcliff, Nevrakis’ submission skills and aggression was too much to handle! He did as best as he could to avoid being tapped out by a Triangle, then a Guillotine, then he faked another Triangle, twisted his body, and he isolated Westcliff’s left arm! Once he did that, the big man couldn’t retract his arm in time and he was forced to tap! The Stepdad members at ringside leapt in celebration as Nevrakis moved to 11-2 overall, an excellent record, while Westcliff tasted defeat for the first time!

Carr: Now we’ll see what Westcliff is made of because the first loss for any fighter is definitely the toughest one!

Ball: Absolutely correct! The true test of a fighter is when they have to face themselves through adversity, and by the looks of him, I think Westcliff will be just fine! Again, he’s very confident and his youth will serve him well!

RESULT: KONSTANTINOS NEVRAKIS DEFEATS SAMUEL WESTCLIFF BY SUBMISSION (TRIANGLE)

Ball: Halfway through the night, Scott Barrera and Tobb Le Tobb stepped into the cage of judgment! I picked Barrera to win this fight by knockout while Carr chose Tobb to win by submission! Barrera adds to my correct predictions with his performance in this fight!

Carr: You’re doing better than I am with the predictions, Ball!

Ball: I call ‘em like I see ‘em! It’s all right, though, because overall, we’re doing way better than Styles and Xavier over there in Tokyo!

Carr: That’s a very good point! That just goes to show you who knows what about the fight game! Back to this fight, I really thought Tobb would be able to get this fight to the ground and slow the pace while wearing down the big man to open him up for submission possibilities! Instead, when Le Tobb was finally able to get Barrera in a clinch after he displayed some solid boxing ability, it didn’t last long! In fact, Le Tobb was getting the better of Barrera in the standup game, in my opinion!

Ball: Le Tobb surprised me with his footwork and defense! Barrera was a little frustrated that his efforts to land any effective strikes were thwarted or outright avoided, but to his credit, once he was in the clinch, he was able to land a couple of strikes to loosen up the clinch and he pushed Le Tobb away! He settled in after that, displaying solid footwork while keeping his distance from Le Tobb until he saw his chance and landed a solid right hook to Le Tobb’s head that opened a cut on his forehead! Le Tobb reverted to more defensive fighting and was doing just fine until Barrera hit him on the left temple with another right hook, and that one really stung Le Tobb!

Carr: You could see the glazed-over eyes of Le Tobb at that point! He was fighting on instinct but Barrera sensed he was in trouble and he throw repeated hooks like he was a hurricane! Le Tobb dropped like an anchor, face-first to the canvas! The referee leapt into position to stop the fight and that was all she wrote! That win propelled Barrera to 4-2, while Le Tobb now stands at 10-4, which is nothing to sneeze at!

Ball: 10-4 is definitely not bad at all, but after the loss, Le Tobb’s management and training staff had a terse sit down with the big man and everyone agreed to part ways, so he’s currently a free agent! I have no doubt someone will call him to see if he’s interested in their management style and philosophy as to what he should focus on!

RESULT: SCOTT BARRERA DEFEATS TOBB LE TOBB BY TKO (PUNCHES)

Ball: For me, this was the most shocking fight of the night! You and I predicated that Eddie Alpha would win this fight by knockout!

Carr: I absolutely thought this was the most easy prediction to make for this night of fights, but we were both proven wrong!

Ball: Not only us, but I have a feeling many people who put a bet on this fight were just as shocked! Taking nothing away from Manfred Schmidt, of course, it just seemed like this was a prime position for Eddie Alpha to be in to win this fight! Besides, like I said, his name sounds like an anime or wrestler’s name, so maybe I got carried away with that!

Carr: Either way, Schmidt proved to all of us that anything is possible once that cage door closes and the bell rings, or the horn sounds! Schmidt took the chance of countering Alpha’s countering and aggressiveness, and it worked for him when Alpha loaded up for a big punch! Before Alpha could unload that bomb, Schmidt shot in and got the takedown after some effort! Schmidt was able to keep control of the fight but the action slowed and the referee stood them up. As soon as the referee moved, Schmidt shot in for another takedown and that scored points on the judges’ cards!

Ball: It was more of the same in the second round, which surprised me because, again, I thought Alpha would be able to rock Schmidt’s jaw, but Schmidt was able to stay out of serious harm’s way, lock in another clinch, secure the takedown methodically, and position himself for the Triangle! Alpha couldn’t get out of the hold fast enough and had no choice but to tap! The aggravation was very apparent on his face, especially when Schmidt said, “Baka Gaijin Ichiban!”

Carr: Schmidt is now an even 5-5 while Alpha drops to 5-7! He’s still young so he has a chance to turn this around quickly! That is, however, four losses in a row for the young man, so the question arises about how his mental state will be! That’s tough for any fighter to endure so we’ll find out what he’s internally made of!

RESULT: MANFRED SCHMIDT DEFEATS EDDIE ALPHA BY SUBMISSION (TRIANGLE)

Carr: Phil Domphy and Danny Corleone were up next in the cage, and they fought a very hard battle!

Ball: You said very hard!

Carr: Come on, did you really just go Beavis and Butthead on me!?

Ball: Hey! You said it, not me!

Carr: Anyway! As I was saying, Domphy and Corleone had a battle that definitely tested their endurance, as well as their mental aptitude! I chose Domphy to win this battle by knockout, while you chose Corleone to win by submission!

Ball: Of course I did! You’ve seen The Godfather movies! Everyone submits to the Corleone family eventually, even their own family members!

Carr: Um, right. In the first round, Corleone definitely made it known that he planned to submit Domphy or keep this fight on the mat if he wasn’t able to! He was full steam ahead and all aggression in getting the takedown and attempting various submissions, but Domphy kept a level head and was calm in his submission defense! Credit to him and his trainers for the preparations they made for this battle!

Ball: I think Domphy caught everyone by surprise when he ran like he was shot from a cannon and got the takedown on Corleone to open the round! I definitely didn’t expect it but Corleone is comfortable in the grappling game and was able to try more submission holds while avoiding serious ground-and-pound damage from Domphy! However, that obviously wasn’t enough as he lost that round on the score cards!

Carr: The fight went to the ground again and that caught me off guard because I thought he’d forgo the grappling and try to land more effective shots standing up! However, he obviously knew what he was doing and he was able to stay out of trouble during the various submission attempts Corleone made while he was on his back! Domphy landed some decent shots in the ground-and-pound, but overall, he did his best blanket imitation, and no, not the South Park character!

Ball: Damn, I was going to say that, too! Oh well. The crowd was definitely not feelin’ the lay-and-pray break in the action and they let the fighters know about it through their very loud booing! Domphy was glad to get the win, of course, but you could see he was disappointed in not being able to finish Corleone. Domphy moves up to 3-1 overall while Corleone now has a 4-3 record. The various LEGION OF DOOM members around the cage definitely didn’t look happy but they’ll no doubt work with Corleone to get him on the right track!

RESULT: PHIL DOMPHY DEFEATS DANNY CORLEONE BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

Ball: After that match, the fans needed to get more hyped, and lucky for them, they got what they wanted!

Carr: That they did, Ball! Coiote Magrin and Sydney Thift both entered the cage energetically and were bouncing around the entire time they were introduced! I predicated Thift to win this fight by knockout!

Ball: And I predicted Magrin would win by submission! I’m doing pretty well tonight because I nailed this one, too!

Carr: Yeah, yeah, it’s all luck!

Ball: A little luck but more skill, baby! Thift was very aggressive from the get-go but Magrin was comfortable in the clinch, opting to stay in it and defend as best as he could against Thift’s strikes while doing his best to take the fight to the ground by pulling guard! He went to the well a little too often, quite frankly, and Thift was able to defend against it for over two minutes! To Magrin’s obvious surprise, Thift countered a failed clinch attempt with a takedown, and Thift went to the ground-and-pound with decent results!

Carr: The results were decent but not enough to deter Magrin and his submission abilities! Magrin was patient while defending himself while on his back! He absorbed some punishment from Thift’s fists, but it wasn’t anything to put him in any serious trouble! Thift may have gotten a little too confident because he was able to defend against the previous submission attempt, and before he knew it, what began as a decent Triangle Choke attempt turned into a serious problem and Thift was forced to tap!

Ball: That was smart by Magrin to coax Thift into relaxing a bit too much and before Thift realized what happened, he was locked in and had no other choice but to tap out! With that victory, “Boia” moved to 3-1 and I’m sure he went to a Brazilian party and lived it up! Thift is now 3-5, and has dropped three in a row. He’s in a bit of a funk but if he really wants to, he’ll be able to turn things around!

RESULT: COIOTE MAGRIN DEFEATS SYDNEY THIFT BY SUBMISSION (TRIANGE CHOKE)

Ball: Next up was John McSulley vs. Hot Sauce! Both of us predicated that McSulley would rock Hot Sauce with his hands and win this battle by knockout!

Carr: Chalk one up for the both of us, because we nailed it! McSulley utilized his height difference well, especially when he rushed in and locked Sauce in a clinch! Prior to that, it appeared that McSulley was having fun and mocking Sauce a bit because Sauce couldn’t land any clean shots!

Ball: He definitely played mind games with him while dodging his attacks and using excellent footwork to get in, land a shot or two, and get out before Sauce could react or counter-attack! Sauce made attempts to take the fight to the mat, but McSulley had him locked up nicely and leaned his weight on him to prevent the takedown! No matter what Sauce tried, McSulley was ready and as time wore on, the frustration became very evident on Sauce’s face!

Carr: That was definitely the case and it would up costing Sauce big time! The dominance that McSulley showed was blasted upside Sauce’s head as soon as the bell rang for round two! A savage head kick from McSulley floored Sauce and when he got to his feet, his legs were spaghetti! McSulley nailed Sauce with a massive right hook that spun Sauce to the mat where McSulley mounted his back and rained down the punishment until the referee stepped in! The crowd went crazy, McSulley leapt for joy, and that was all she wrote! Sauce dropped to 4-5 while McSulley improved to 1-1!

Ball: Sauce steps into the cage against Jimmy Jackson on September 14th, so he has time to recover, get himself right, and take advantage of this opportunity to break his losing streak! The Underground Fight Enterprise will surely do all they can to help him focus and prepare!

Carr: McSulley, meanwhile, is slated to square off against Zed Vrienan on September 14th as well! Both of these men have a chance to show what they’re made of in the near future!

RESULT: JOHN McSULLEY DEFEATS HOT SAUCE BY TKO (STRIKES)

Carr: And last, but not least, we had Vaai Finau versus Jimmy Jackson! We both predicted that Jackson would win this fight by knockout! Needless to say, we were both wrong on this one!

Ball: Again, I thought we definitely were going to see a knockout in this battle! Finau proved to me that he’s more crafty than I expected and I give my respect to him for that!

Carr: I think he took a few people by surprise, and none more than Jimmy Jackson! It’s possible that Jackson took Finau a bit for granted because he hadn’t won a fight up until that point, but as we’ve all seen, anything can happen in that cage! Finau opened the action by throwing various types and levels of kick, but Jackson was sharp and kept himself at enough distance to avoid those kicks! He also took advantage of some misses by countering with some beautiful punches that definitely made their mark!

Ball: Finau looked razor sharp with his punching, no doubt, and he opened up a cut above Jackson’s left eye with a solid right cross early in the first round after breaking a clinch that he instigated! For the rest of the opening round, neither man landed any big shots and plenty of punches were avoided. However, Finau was far more accurate, and that pushed him ahead of Jackson on the scorecards!

Carr: The second round was a struggle at times for both combatants, but it seemed to me that Finau was able to change Jackson’s approach to the fight with his kicks! He changed levels well and that threw off Jackson’s timing just enough to cause problems despite the kicks not doing a lot of damage. Jackson was a step slow with his counter-punching, and Finau sensed that as the round wore on! He scored a takedown to get control of the right on the ground plus score valuable points on the judges’ cards! He tried for a Kimura but Jackson was ready and Finau settled for controlling the fight and getting some air in his lungs when he had a chance!

Ball: Heading into the third round, Jackson could sense he was behind on the score cards because we heard his corner telling him he needs the finish or he’ll lose! Both fighters continued their back-and-forth attempts at landing various strikes and trying to counter-attack them, but nothing very damaging was landing for either man! There were some shots that stung, no doubt, but accuracy and speed was the main focus of this fight! The total number of accurate shots that Jackson took was evident above his left eye where he developed a nice mouse! It’s not often a cut gets swollen, but that’s what happened to Jackson, and that may have helped slow him down just enough for Finau to take advantage!

Carr: Finau was definitely the better fighter that night and it was a landslide unanimous victory over Jackson! Finau smiled like a kid in a candy store after earning his first win, and his trainers proudly hugged him and slapped him on his back. Finau is now 1-2, and I’m sure the young Tongan will be in the cage again soon to try and keep the momentum going! Jackson falls to 3-6 with this loss and that’s now four fights in a row he’s lost! One has to wonder what that’s doing to his mental and emotional state, but hopefully he’s able to get himself on track with focused training and maybe going somewhere to clear his mind.

RESULT: VAAIU FINAU DEFEATS JIMMY JACKSON BY UNANIMOUS DECISION

Ball: Well, he better clear his head and get himself training the right way because he’ll be battling Hot Sauce on September 14th, and if he’s not fully ready for that fight, Hot Sauce may remind him very painfully that he needs to be balanced all the way around!

Carr: Very true words, Ball! With that, we’ve come to the conclusion of the Rapid Fighting Championship 41 review! We thank you as always for joining us and letting us be a part of your MMA lives! We also thank Dark Knight Nutrition for supporting us in our efforts to bring you the most accurate and insightful previews and reviews in the business! On behalf of myself and Chris Ball, I’m Eric Carr, signing off!

• Upvote 3

Absolute MUST READ stuff man! I'm hooked! Can't wait for the other review for RFC41 if you're doing one...and the posters for this weekend's RFC42 and Tokyo22 are done and sent to you guys for use! Woot.

Thank you very much for your kind words and hard work, Hare, I greatly appreciate it! Your posters are awesome and add a lot to the RFC! :guitar:

RAPID FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP SHOWDOWN IN TOKYO 22 PREVIEW – AUGUST 31, 2019

zx1ZGy7.png

Xavier: Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to another edition of the Rapid Fighting Championship Preview! I’m your host, Esiah Xavier, and as always, my fellow commentator and partner in crime, Furious Styles, is here as well!

Styles: What’s up good people!? We’re out here at Hard Knocks Arena in Tokyo again where 3,000 more MMA crazies are fired up for this weekend’s battles!

Xavier: As always there is an excellent night of fights for everyone to enjoy, and the fans in Tokyo will have the place rockin’! Let’s take a look at the lineups! We have two Welterweight fights, one of which is for the Welterweight title! There are also two Super Heavyweight fights, three Lightweight fights, and three Heavyweight fights!

Styles: There’s definitely going to be some damage dished out tonight with five of the fights being the mastodons of MMA! It seems like there are more heavyweight and super heavyweight fights here in Tokyo than anywhere else! X, you can’t tell me that has nothing to do with all the rice and fish over here!

Xavier: All the rice and fish? I’m a seafood junkie, as you well know, yet I don’t weight 265 lbs. or more! In fact, I’ve weighed 175 lbs. since I was in high school, and that was some time ago!

Styles: Well, maybe you’re just lucky, then, because I know I do my best to stay in shape and eat well, but dammit, some of the food that’s not so good for you just tastes so frickin’ great! Plus, come on, we all know the history of the sumo wrestlers over here, and you’ve seen for yourself how much food, especially rice, those guys put away!

Xavier: Yes, Styles, you’re absolutely correct that those who choose to follow the traditions and lifestyle of the sumo consume very large amounts of food. However, we’ve seen plenty of large people who don’t exercise at all, with the exception of getting in and out of a car to go to a drive thru!

Styles: Ha! I can’t deny that! Well, you know that I especially enjoy the big bulls in the cage, because there’s a whole lot of thumpin’, and most of the time, someone gets knocked the hell out! I know there are some who are skilled ground fighters, and that’s all good, but there’s nothin’ like a good ol’ KO!

Xavier: Yes, Styles, we all know you enjoy seeing knockouts and blood in the cage! Sometimes you worry me with your thirst for violence, but then again, I’m sitting right here next to you, so it would be a bit contradictory for me to speak on that.

Styles: Exactly! Admit it, X, you like seeing brutality as much as I do!

Xavier: I appreciate the skill and ability to knock an opponent out, no doubt, but some are far more vicious than others, and I don’t necessarily agree with the ruthlessness that some fighters take. However, in the cage, I understand their well-being is on the line, so they’re trying to end their fights as fast as possible with as little damage suffered as possible!

Styles: Absolutely correct! However, seeing someone get steamrolled is kick ass!

Xavier: Kicking off the card is a Welterweight Championship fight between Litill Bjornsson and Daquan Bowman!

Styles: These names kill me! Litill? Does he pronounce it like “little”, as in small?

Xavier: That’s my understanding, yes.

Styles: I see. Well, for a little person, 5’7” isn’t exactly that small, and he’s proven himself to be one hell of a submission artist! Honestly I’m surprised he’s so solid because I haven’t seen him throw too many kicks, and in the fight game, at least in my opinion, being able to kick well and throw elbows and knees in the clinch, is essential! However, when you can twist a human into a pretzel or level them with fists, then you don’t need kicks, elbows and knees!

Xavier: I think he’s done quite well for himself, and “Mini Mountain” enters the cage with the title and a superior 24-1 record!

Styles: One loss? That’s it!? Damn!

Xavier: Yes, his only loss was a unanimous decision to Tan Zan! However, when they battled again, Bjornsson won that fight with a Triangle Choke! This man has had an incredible string of victories and very impressive wins over very impressive warriors! Trust me when I say that La Familia is very proud of this man! Standing across the cage from him will be “Deebo” Bowman. Have you seen the movie, Friday?

Styles: Who hasn’t!? That movie is crazy funny, and Deebo is awesome!

Xavier: Hailing from Compton.

Styles: Where?

Xavier: Compton.

Styles: All right!

Xavier: Did you just really say some lyrics to an N.W.A. album!?

Styles: You’re damn right!

Xavier: Well, cool! Bowman steps into the cage with one hell of an obstacle and opportunity! He’s slightly shorter, weighs less, and is seven years younger, but his 8-2 record speaks volumes of his ability and potential! He had a 6-fight win streak snapped by James Smith not too long ago, and he’s been back and forth in the win-loss column, but I have a feeling he’ll step up for this fight!

Styles: Of course he will! This is a chance to defeat a legend of the sport plus wear gold around his waist! How many people will ever have a chance to do something like that!?

Xavier: That’s an excellent point! The Stepdads have definitely given him a great deal of vocal support, and though they may not necessarily like the way he dresses, they sure as hell like the way he fights! In a nutshell, Bowman has to keep this fight on its feet where he’s shown his excellent ability to use his kicks and speed to setup his punches and knockout power!

Styles: He’ll have to fight like he’s in the Compton streets! Bob and weave, do damage when you get in, and look for that one shot knockout! If Bjornsson gets a hold of him and drags him to the mat, it’ll be like an alligator dragging someone into the water; very dangerous situation! Litill and his team have no doubt done their research and they’ll prepare him well for this battle! Personally, I think Bjornsson’s age, experience, and outstanding skill will prove to be too much for Bowman, and he’ll win by submission!

Xavier: I think the young upstart has one hell of an opportunity to shock a lot of people, and I like the x factor here, so I’m going with Bowman to pull off a major surprise and win by knockout! No matter the result, this is one hell of a way to kick off a night of fights!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Bowman by KO; Styles – Bjornsson by Submission

Xavier: After the title fight, we have the first super-sized fight of the night as Luis Maestre and James Fusi square off!

Styles: “The Dexter Creole”, as he calls himself, not only has one hell of a nickname, but he’s large! Standing at an incredible 7’3”, and weighing 300 lbs., he should get a job as being a wall of a building! I want to ask him why the hell didn’t he play basketball!? Imagine him and Shaq bangin’ away in the post for an entire game!?

Xavier: That would be both intriguing and frightening! The very large Maestre has very large punching power as well, and that has been evidenced by his 7-fight win streak! However, that streak was snapped by Alejandro Arciniega at Rapid Fighting Championship 39, so Maestre is looking to rebound from that loss and re-establish himself as a top contender for the super heavyweight title!

Styles: Being dominant at 21-years-old is a scary thought for his opponents, no doubt, but I have to wonder how much that last loss stung him! You know I’m the Dr. Phil of the MMA, and my sources tell me that Maestre has been a bit down about that loss and his trainers do have some concern! The LEGION OF DOOM will no doubt do their best to get his spirts up, especially against an opponent of Fusi’s caliber, but if he can’t get his mind right, that may be bad news!

Xavier: “Relentless” is exactly that when he’s in the cage, and though he’s lost four fights while compiling a record of 7-4, that doesn’t deter him from approaching every fight with the same energy and passion, and I respect that! He achieved a 4-fight win streak before losing to Sven Svensson at Rapid Fighting Championship 15, and he’s been back and forth in victories and losses since then. He recently defeated Yhorm Cinder at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 15, so he’s feeling good and confident!

Styles: The kid has shown the world he’s an outstanding boxer and his hands are weapons! Despite being over twelve inches shorter than Maestre, that may actually serve him well because he could very well because he may be able to duck under Maestre’s punches and go to work on the big man’s midsection! He could also chop away at the big man’s legs like a lumberjack chopping down a sycamore!

Xavier: There’s no doubt that Fusi will have to use speed and aggression to stay out of harm’s way in this fight! If Maestre lands any clean shots or is able to lock Fusi into a clinch and lean on him, Fusi’s energy will get sapped quickly and he’ll be a much easier target! This is going to be one hell of a challenge for Fusi, but I have a feeling about this young man, so I’m going to pick him to win by knockout!

Styles: Despite my sources about Maestre and his potential emotional status, I can’t pick against a walking big rig! I’m taking the massive Maestre to win this fight by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Maestre by Knockout; Xavier – Fusi by Knockout

Styles: The next two warriors to step into the cage after that fight will be Theodore Jasper and Trymore Nkomo! Theodore and Trymore!? It sounds like a chipmunk is fighting against a preppy nerd!

Xavier: Calm down, Styles! I know you have a thing with names, but these are names that were either given by their parents for various reasons, or they changed their legal name through the court system. Either way, it’s their choice!

Styles: I understand that, man, but let’s be real! When you hear the name, Theodore, don’t you automatically think of some dude wearing Docker’s, a Polo shirt, and a pair of glasses!?

Xavier: Not necessarily!

Styles: Whatever, X! And Trymore!? Come on, man! That’s a gimme! Anyway, Jasper steps into this battle with a perfect 5-0 record, and at 19 years of age, that’s quite impressive! The Stepdads have been high on this young prospect for some time and he’s shown a solid ability to finish a fight early, because so far, none of his fights have reached the third round! I like that because it tells me this kid is locked and loaded, and when the bell rings, he runs in and handles business!

Xavier: Standing opposite of Jasper will be “Brave” Nkomo from Zimbabwe! I like the colorful flag that Zimbabwe has, and Nkomo is a colorful fighter! He’s had some success with his new management team and has proven that he can make an opponent tap out! Recently, he’s only had one fight go the distance, so he, like Jasper, enjoys being very aggressive, and that has the makings for an excellent fight! We have the typical standup versus ground fighter scenario, so it will be interesting to see who is more aggressive, or if either man opts to try and use the other man’s aggression against them and look to counter-attack and possibly unbalance the opponent!

Styles: I don’t want to see that! I want to see these two young tigers go head-to-head with all-out aggression and leave it all in the cage! There’s no time for strategy when your opponent is all over you like cocktail waitresses in a Las Vegas casino!

Xavier: Something tells me your Las Vegas adventures and my Vegas adventures are quite different!

Styles: Oh hell yeah they are!

Xavier: Nonetheless, I’m choosing Jasper to win this fight! I think he has the ability and aggression to keep this fight on its feet and land very effective punches and kicks while maintaining enough distance from Nkomo to avoid the takedown attempts!

Styles: In that case, I’ll take Nkomo to win this fight by submission! I think he’ll surprise Jasper with a feint, lock his legs, take him down, and twist him up something vicious!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Jasper by Knockout; Styles – Nkomo by Submission

Styles: The welterweights step in as Seymour Hughes and Abul Khayr Belabed do battle! Seymour…hey X, have you seen The Simpsons?

Xavier: Of course! The Simpsons are iconic and have been on the air for over twenty years!

Styles: Correct! So, you know what I mean when I say, Seymour Butts!?

Xavier: Yes, Styles, I got it.

Styles: Ha! I crack myself up! “Bulldog” has earned an impressive 7-1 record, and had a 6-fight win streak going, but his recent loss to Litill Bjornsson stopped that streak! However, he got right back on the winning side of things with a first round submission win over Rustam Uzdenov at Rapid Fight Championship 39! He’s shown a solid ability to land some painful kicks, and he’s comfortable on the mat as well!

Xavier: Belabed has had an up-and-down start to his career and currently stands at 8-8-1! The green-haired fighter from Saudi Arabia has won and lost with every type of match result! Recently he defeated Khamid Osman Durnagoz at a Quick Fight Championship match, so he may be able to build off of that momentum!

Styles: Just a second there, X! I just got word on my phone that Belabed has flat out been depressed lately! That makes no sense to me because he won his last fight, but it seems dude has just been sitting around, staring up at the ceiling, then wearing himself out in the gym without resting properly! Who the hell does that!?

Xavier: To each their own, but that’s definitely not a good look! If he expects to be able to beat Hughes by being tired and depressed, I’m afraid he’s going to have a very rude awakening! A tired, unmotivated fighter is a punching bag with a pulse!

Styles: No doubt! I think this pick is easy! Hughes by knockout!

Xavier: I echo that sentiment!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Hughes by Knockout; Xavier – Hughes by Knockout

Xavier: Next up is Del Werthers taking on Beef Stew! I already know where you’re going with this!

Styles: X, are you serious!? Beef Stew! That’s his actual name! Is his Uncle named Chef Boyardee!? Does he have a grandmother named Mrs. Fields!? Does he have a brother named Popeye’s Chicken!?

Xavier: Knock it off! Werthers has had an up-and-down start to his career as well, and he’s currently 6-5! At one point he had a 3-fight win streak, but that was snapped by Theodore Jasper at Rapid Fighting Championship in Tokyo 16!

Styles: Theodore, the killer chipmunk got the job done!

Xavier: Killer chipmunk!?

Styles: That should be dude’s nickname! Anyway, Werthers has shown the ability to drop an opponent with a well-placed punch at any time, so Stew will have to be wary of that! Hey, Styles! If Stew isn’t careful, he could get cooked! If Werthers lands a solid shot, Stew could get burned! If Stew loses, will he get heated!?

Xavier: Must I continue to endure this!? Moving the focus to Stew, similar to Werthers, he’s been back-and-forth with wins and losses, and his current record is 5-4! The YABAI representative from Djibouti recently had a 5-fight win streak, but a loss to Snappy Whiplash at Rapid Fighting Championship in Tokyo 19 brought that to a halt!

Styles: Snappy Whiplash!? Ha!

Xavier: Don’t start! During Stew’s win streak, he went between winning by TKO and unanimous decisions, so he can finish fights or go the distance with no problem! His sparring partners at Hare of the Dog Gym laud his boxing and muay thai abilities, so I expect him to focus on that in this fight! He and Werthers are basically the same size, but if Stew has the standup advantage then he’ll obviously want to do his best to keep this fight on its feet and use his touted skills to keep Werthers off balance!

Styles: On the other side of things, Werthers may choose to try and take this fight to the ground so he can control the pace while looking to soften Stew up with ground-and-pound before going for any submissions!

Xavier: Since you say that, I’ll pick Werthers to win this fight! I think his age and experience will prove to the be the deciding factor in this fight! I say he wins by submission!

Styles: I’m picking Beef Stew strictly because of his name! I think he wins by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Werthers by Submission; Styles – Beef by Knockout

Styles: Back to the big boys we go with Axel Aethelwulf vs Juhani Lammikko! Axel Aethelwulf sounds like a cool villain in an Avengers movie!

Xavier: It does have a certain ring to it, I must admit!

Styles: You see!? You’re starting to catch o now, X! One thing about dude, though, is that weird glow he has about him all the time! What the hell is that about!?

Xavier: You got me! First time I saw him was in a dimly lit hallway, and I saw some odd white aura reverberating around him! Let’s just say I nodded at him quickly and kept moving along!

Styles: Well, hell, I don’t blame you! I wonder how The Stepdads felt when he approached them about joining their alliance!? That must have been one hell of a meeting! Aethelwulf has fought his way to a 9-3 record, so the guy knows how to handle business in the cage! He basically wins or loses by punches, so don’t be surprised to see him win, or lose, this fight by punches!

Xavier: “Cruel”, in the meanwhile, has a 7-5 record, a winning record, but there’s no doubt he’ll want to win this fight and feel better about himself overall! He recently lost to John Wayne at JLB Heatwave, so there’s extra pressure to not only get off the snide, but to also make an impressive debut here at Rapid Fighting Championship! He has the weight advantage in this fight, and I wonder if he’ll try to take this fight to the mat and control the action there in an effort to keep himself from absorbing damage in the standup!

Styles: Guess what, X?

Xavier: What’s up?

Styles: My phone just buzzed with a text message that says Lammikko’s been a little touchy as of late, so he may not be fully mentally ready for this fight! If that’s the case, you already know how I’m rollin’ with this pick! I’ll roll with Aethelwulf to win by knockout!

Xavier: Again, I have to echo that sentiment!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Aethelwulf by Knockout; Styles – Aethelwulf by Knockout

Xavier: The heavyweights keep the momentum going as Kevin Maxwell and Isiah Yesaya are set to do battle!

Styles: Maxwell’s nickname is “Big Poppa”? Does that mean he’s a fan of Biggie Smalls!?

Xavier: Maybe it does, Styles.

Styles: Damn shame what happened to him! He was an awesome rapper!

Xavier: I agree wholeheartedly! Maxwell has battled his way to a 7-5 record, and after a nice 4-fight win streak, he’s lost his last two, so he’s looking to turn things around and quickly! He’s all aggression as none of his fights have gone to the third round yet, so expect him to have the same approach to Yesaya!

Styles: I hope so because you know I’m a big fan of that approach! In his last fight against Jordan Jones Jr., the guy obviously likes the letter “J’, he lost because he was a bloody mess! Don’t be surprised if Yesaya targets that same area to try and get him to bleed heavily again! “Beast” Yesaya has struggled in his career and has a current record of 4-7-1! He has a six-inch height advantage, so I expect him to try and use his long arms to keep Maxwell at a distance where his capable hands and feet can be the most effective!

Xavier: He’s definitely shown that as he won fights with his fists and even head-kicked his way to a victor! However, over his last three fights, it hasn’t been pretty for the big man! He lost because of a spinning backfist, then lost from a head kick, and against Murat Idrisov Li at Rio Heroes 51, he lost by unanimous decision! Needless to say, he wants to get things turned around sooner than later, because those types of losses are tough, especially physically!

Styles: He’s definitely been in the cage with some heavy hitters and has paid the price, but he keeps coming back, so I respect that warrior spirit! He’s going to need that warrior spirit against Maxwell if he expects to get back on the winning path! Keeping this fight standing is his best bet, in my opinion, because Maxwell has shown he’s quite capable of taking care of business on the mat!

Xavier: That he has! Nothing against the big man, but for this fight, I’m going to have to choose Maxwell to win by knockout! I think his aggression will overwhelm Yesaya and that will prove to be too difficult to weather beyond the opening round!

Styles: I’ll also roll with “Big Poppa” because Biggie Smalls was bad ass! Maxwell by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Maxwell by Knockout; Styles – Maxwell by Knockout

Styles: Our final lightweight fight of the night occurs between Tim Logo and Errol Browse! Logo and Browse!? It’s obvious to me that their parents are dot.com techies with names like those! I bet you one of them has a cousin named Data! Maybe they have a dog named Digit, or maybe a cat named Jobs!

Xavier: Lord, does it ever end!? Logo enters the cage with a 3-1 record, with the one loss being to Stan Dickinson at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 19! Before you say anything, Styles, don’t comment about his last name!

Styles: Aw come one! You take all the fun out of it!

Xavier: Logo has shown solid ground-fighting ability so my guess is his approach to this fight will be to take it to the ground and methodically tire Browse down before looking for the finish!

Styles: “Black Kill”? Hold on now! His last name is Browse, and his nickname is “Black Kill”!? I think this dude thinks he’s in a Call of Duty map or something! He started off his career pretty solidly and racked up some nice wins with head kicks and excellent punching techniques, but over the past six fights, he’s been on a downward spiral! I don’t give a damn who you are, if you drop six fights in a row, your feelings are going to be hurt!

Xavier: I can’t argue that, Styles, unfortunately. When he lost to Marcin Vanatta at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 18, it was very apparent that he, along with his trainers, were very irritated, aggravated, and just down, overall! When the trainers look dour, you know it’s bad news! I don’t think there’s much else to say about this fight, and my pick is Logo with the submission victory!

Styles: Yeah, I’m with that! Logo wins by tap out!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Logo by Submission; Xavier – Logo by Submission

Styles: The final super heavyweight fight of the night goes to Super Man Yes vs. Ari Baba! Super Man!? I’m not even going there because that’s just too easy! “Killer”, as he calls himself, is 6-8 overall with a 3-fight losing streak to the same fighter! I’ve got to tell you, that’s not a good look, especially for someone nicknamed “Killer”!

Xavier: He did have a 3-fight win streak before that losing streak and showed he does have ability on the mat! However, after dropping three in a row to Fionn MacCumhaill, it’s difficult to ascertain how his psyche is at this point! It doesn’t matter how big someone is, if their mind is scrambled then they simply won’t be an effective fighter!

Styles: Well said! Size doesn’t matter if the engine is busted! As for “Dono”, he’s 5-4, but word around the campfire is that his psyche’s busted too! What the hell!? Everyone loses, unless you’re a supreme fighter and are also damn lucky! Losing a fight shouldn’t break a warrior’s spirit! Hell, losing three or four in a row shouldn’t, because there have been fighters who’ve lost many times early in their MMA career and then something clicks, they turn everything around, and they become a champion! You absolutely must have heart and desire to make it in this sport, plain and simple!

Xavier: I couldn’t have said that any better myself!

Styles: I know that!

Xavier: Give me a break! Anyway, if Baba can impose his will and keep this fight standing, I think he’s got it, even if he’s a bit off emotionally! I’ll take him to win by knockout!

Styles: It’s scary how much we’re agreeing tonight, but I don’t see any other choice but to take Baba for the knockout! You simply can’t be the best version of warrior you can be if you’re butt hurt about losing! Plain and simple!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Baba by Knockout; Styles – Baby by Knockout

Styles: And that brings us to the final battle, and it’s appropriately a heavyweight contest! Gusarov and Augusto Pinochet bring us home as the last two in the cage of punishment!

Xavier: “The Mauler” has done exactly that in his first two career fights, and he hasn’t tasted defeat yet! Both opponents he faced were finished in the first round, so he brings plenty of heat and boom in those fists! The UnderGround Fights Enterprise has spoken very highly of this young man and now the fans of Rapid Fighting Championship get to see him up close and personal!

Styles: “El General” steps into the cage for the very first time in his entire career, so this will be very telling for the both of these young bulls! It takes a certain kind of crazy brave individual to get into the ring for the first time against someone who has more experience than you, plus hasn’t been defeated! Word from the LEGION OF DOOM is Pinochet is very solid with his muay thai skills, and he’s had some previous boxing experience back in his home country of Chile!

Xavier: If that’s the case then he may be more comfortable against Koreshkov than we expect! Since we have no background history on Pinochet, he proves to be the definition of wild card for this event!

Styles: That adds a level of excitement, though, because no one knows what to think about the guy! Just for being the dark horse, I’m going to pick him to beat Koreshkov by knockout! Why not!?

Xavier: Very brave of you, Styles! I’ll choose Koreshkov for the simple fact I have some history I can see on him! I choose “The Mauler” to win by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Koreshkov by Knockout; Styles – Pinochet by Knockout

Xavier: All right good people, that concludes this preview episode of Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 22! As always, it’s been a pleasure to spend time with you and present our inside information to the best of our ability!

Styles: Make sure to tune in and catch the explosive battles that will happen in that cage when Tokyo gets rockin’ on August 31st! As always, we thank our merchandise partner, Dark Knight Nutrition, for their support, and we especially thank all of you for your support! Without you, there would be no us! Take care, be well, and we’ll see you at the fights!

Xavier: This is Esiah Xavier and Furious Styles, signing off!

• Upvote 6

Awesome stuff X!!! And hope folks enjoy the posters this week, I put a different spin on them, tried to go a little more polished/professional event poster look and hope it came out right! Enjoy everybody and look forward to a great weekend of fights all set up masterfully by X!

Your posters look fantastic and definitely have a professional feel to them! You've done another excellent job, and it absolutely makes the content of my previews much more intriguing. I'll do my best to have the Sydney preview done and posted tomorrow so everyone can get caught up on those fights as well.

• Upvote 1

RAPID FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP 42 PREVIEW – HARD KNOCKS ARENA IN SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA

nGq2Ras.png

Carr: Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Rapid Fighting Championship 42 Preview! I’m your host, Eric Carr, and joining me is the esteemed Chris Ball!

Ball: I’m in the house with the one and only Carr, and we have a tremendous lineup for this show!

Carr: Absolutely correct! There are two Lightweight fights, one of which is for the Lightweight Championship! We have one Super Heavyweight fight on the card and that’s for the Super Heavyweight Title! There’s one Welterweight fight, three Light Heavyweight fights, one Featherweight fight, and two Middleweight fights to sum it all up!

Ball: The action starts off with an explosive matchup for the Lightweight Title between Darrel Hill and Ru Shi Wu Cao! Wow, that’s a mouthful!

Carr: That’s what she said!

Ball: I thought Styles over in Tokyo was the only one who would take it there, but I guess not!

Carr: Hey, it was right there for the taking and I’m not going to pass up a chance like that!

Ball: Apparently not! Darrel “Hitman” Hill, who is apparently into Highlander or medieval times, and definitely is into tattoos since his hands and forehead have tattoos, steps into this battle with a perfect 8-0 record! No one will argue that he is the deserving champion of that very sharp-looking belt, and The Stepdads definitely tout this young fighter as the future of their alliance!

Carr: Hill has shown quite the propensity to take fights to the ground and finish them! During his impressive 8-fight win streak, the Kimura has been his favorite finish as six matches have ended with that! He’s also successfully defended the title twice already, once against Aslanbek Barayev at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 16, and the other at Rapid Fighting Championship Fight Night 10! Apparently, Maverick Kai is not impressed and had some rather choice words for “Hitman” Hill recently!

Ball: Apparently this Buzz conversation has escalated into a potential feud between these two fighters, so that’s something to keep an eye on for the future! Hill has also shown an awareness of when to go for the finish as the other two victories are by TKO, so an intelligent fighter with educated skills makes for one dangerous dude! Since he’s only 20 years old, there’s tremendous potential for this young man! Across the cage from him is another 20-year-old who has a solid 5-1 record! Cao, like Hill, has shown he can finish fights with submissions or strikes, so I expect to see nothing less than these two going toe-to-toe to start the fight, then it may end up on the ground, where both of these fighters are most comfortable!

Carr: Both are also aggressive so this fight could very well be over before the butter on the popcorn settles! Earlier today, I spoke with both of these young man, and I asked Hill to put his sword away because I’m not trying to have any Kill Bill moments! He’s absolutely focused and ready for this fight because he wants to prove to his doubters that he’s the real deal! When I spoke with Cao, I have to be honest, Ball, I didn’t get the sense that he was all there mentally for this battle! I honestly don’t understand how anyone with a chance to earn a title doesn’t get themselves in prime condition on all levels for that chance, but it is what it is! I could be wrong, of course, and Cao may just absolutely go off and defeat Hill quickly, but from what I saw and felt, he’s not in the right frame of mind for this opportunity!

Ball: That’s a shame, really, because it’s not every day you have a chance to be a champion! I don’t know what other motivation is needed, but seeing that belt should help motivate any fighter! Since you don’t think Cao’s mentally up to par for this, I’ll take Hill for the submission victory!

Carr: I second that motion, your honor!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Hill by Submission; Ball – Hill by Submission

Carr: The monster trucks of the MMA step into the ring as over 500 lbs. of humanity squares off in the cage! Alejandro “The Kraken” Arciniega and Ryo “Red Dragon” Takuma do battle for the Super Heavyweight Championship! “The Kraken”, cool nickname by the way, enters the cage with a 6-1 record, and The Stepdads are certainly very proud of this young man as well! He brings with him a 4-fight win streak, and only two of his fights have gone past the first round, so expect his same aggressive approach to this fight as well! He defeated Luis Maestre at Rapid Fighting Championship 39, and showed the organization that his hands are definitely sources of pain!

Ball: Dude either finishes his opponents with his fists or he gets dropped by a fighter with some dynamite in his hands! “Red Dragon” fits that description, Carr! He’s 8-3 and is also a member of The Stepdads, so there are bragging rights within the alliance as well on the line! Takuma is eight years older, and that life experience may be of benefit to him, along with his height and weight advantage! His fists are his ticket to victory and that’s all there is to it! He’s lost to hard-hitting fists and submissions, but that obviously hasn’t stopped him! What I find interesting is he apparently pissed off Dodong Santiago during his time in FARTMMA! After knocking him out in the first round, Dodong flew off the handle a couple of months later! This buzz thing really let’s fighters go off!

Carr: Buzz definitely provides entertainment for those who are subscribed to it! It’s always awkward when two fighters from the same alliance battle it out in the cage, especially when there’s a belt on the line, but both of these warriors are absolutely ready for this! I’m going with “The Kraken” and his youthful aggressiveness to win this fight by knockout!

Ball: Since I’m older than you, I’ll go with the older Takuma to win this by knockout because of his experience!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Takuma by Knockout; Carr – Arciniega by Knockout

Ball: The welterweights take the stage when James Smith and Demetrious “No Mercy” Waters enter the cage! With a 13-7 record, Smith is the shorter man in this fight but he has the weight advantage, and a slight in-cage experience as well! Although he has a 3-fight losing streak heading into this fight, his fellow UnderGround Fights Enterprise alliance members say he’s very confident for this fight, and from what we’ve seen, he’s aggressive from start to finish! His losses have been by more submissions than decision losses, but he’s shown a strong chin and plenty of energy to go the distance if that needs to happen! Scar Ambe, who beat Smith by unanimous decision, let him hear about it recently, and maybe that’ll help Smith turn around his fortunes!

Carr: The taller “No Mercy” has had an even up-and-down start to his career, currently standing at 8-8! To his credit, the guy likes to fight! He’s been putting in a lot of work in the Quick Fight Championship circuit, so he’s experienced all types of matches, and that will work to his advantage! He’s shown solid ground skills, especially in the submission aspect, and I expect him to try and use his height as leverage to take Smith to the ground and try to control the fight there! However, when I spoke with Waters’ trainers recently, they all had a look of concern on their faces because they feel Waters hasn’t been training the way he should for this fight, opting to mope in the gym about a disagreement he had with a lady friend of his!

Ball: Sometimes, Carr, women and combat sports don’t mix!

Carr: Don’t I know it! Still, there has to be an understanding about what’s at stake here! Keeping personal issues outside of the cage is the only way to be successful, unless the fighter is able to use that emotional turmoil as fuel!

Ball: That’s a very good point! Some of our female fighters have told me that they purposefully get into it with their significant other and use the fire of that emotion to push themselves to another level in a fight! Whatever works! Waters is going to be a walking target in there if he’s not completely with it! I’m picking Smith to win by knockout!

Carr: You do what you have to do in this industry! Speaking of doing, I’ll do what I have to do and pick Smith to win this fight by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Smith by Knockout; Ball – Smith by Knockout

Carr: The first of three light heavyweights fights begins with Yanki Klushinwa vs. Abraham “All Day” Alcantara!

Ball: “All Day”? Does it say what he can do or wants to do all day?

Carr: Not a word! You’ll have to ask him!

Ball: I’m a little trepid about asking a dude with a purple Mohawk any questions!

Carr: I see. Well, we’ll find out one way or the other. Klushinwa has had a bit of a struggle so far with his career. He’s 4-4 overall and recently lost to Twisty Kneereaper, one hell of a name, by Rear Naked Choke at Rapid Fighting Championship 39! Most of his victories have been by decision so he’s methodical in his approach and tries to control the fight, and that frustrates certain opponents, especially ones who are very aggressive and anxious to fight! He’s taller than Alcantara so I expect him to use that height to stay outside and throw jabs at Alcantara to try and keep him at bay! I was able to speak with his trainers as well, Ball, and he’s another fighter who just seems out of it! He was shadowboxing when I walked into the locker room and he had no crispness, no pop! He was just going through the motions and that speaks volumes!

Ball: Seriously!? The whole point of getting into the fight game is to prepare yourself on all levels to be the best warrior you can be at all times, no matter the circumstances! “All Day”, although at 7-7, may very well have the easiest fight of his entire career against Klushinwa! The last two fights have been tough outings and he lost both by submission! When he wins, he wins with brutality, and I expect him to be very aggressive in throwing punches at Klushinwa, especially if he’s not fully prepared for those hard-hitting hands! Only one fight has gone the distance for Alcantara, and I definitely don’t expect that to change in this fight! Let’s just cut to the chase and say I’m taking Alcantara by knockout win!

Carr: I concur with that decision! Alcantara by knockout, bottom line!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Alcantara by Knockout; Ball – Alcantara by Knockout

Carr: Staying in the light heavyweight division, Roc Le Phat and Orla Wanker are set to do battle!

Ball: I wonder if Orla knows that wanker is a British slang term!

Carr: I’m sure he heard it numerous times when he was a kid!

Ball: Maybe that’s why he’s a mixed martial arts fighter now!

Carr: That very well could be the case! Phat is 6-4 overall and has proven that his hands hurt when they hit! Most of his fights end early and that may very well be the case against Wanker! Phat has the weight advantage against Wanker and a few more fights under his belt as well! Both of these fighters are 21 years old so they’re hungry and wanting to prove themselves! When I spoke with Phat, I’m not sure if it was the lights in the room or just my eyes, but it seemed like there were spinning colored orbs around the guy! It was very difficult to conduct an interview with him, quite frankly, and the other members of The Stepdads that were there just smiled and chuckled, as if they knew some secret or something!

Ball: Spinning colored orbs!? Carr, you’ve been watching too much Project Blue Book or something! I dig his entrance song, though. A Tribe Called Quest is one of the most iconic rap groups to have ever performed, and it’s a damn shame that Phife Dawg died! They were damn good! “Onanisten” is 3-4 entering this fight, and the Denmark product and UnderGround Fights Enterprise member currently has a 2-fight win streak, both by submission, and he looked sharp against Eddie Alpha at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 18! He’s obviously looking to carry that momentum over to try and earn a third win in a row against Phat! He’ll have to be ready for Phat’s kicks, and if he can avoid taking too many of those, as well as staying away from those heavy hands, he may be able to take this fight to the ground and frustrate Phat into making a mistake that he can capitalize on!

Carr: I remember A Tribe Called Quest very well! I first heard them when I was in junior high school, and I vividly recall how smart and funny their lyrics were! For that fact, which really has nothing to do with anything in this fight, I’m going to take Phat to win by knockout!

Ball: I think you’re choosing him to win because you tripped out when you spoke with him with that colored spinning orb business, so I’m going with Wanker because anyone with that last name has to be tough! Wanker by submission!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Wanker by Submission; Carr – Phat by Knockout

Carr: Up next we have the speed demons in the featherweight division! Zhang Jun and Uriah Chin will undoubtedly pick up the pace of the evening when they do battle!

Ball: They definitely will! Both of these fighters are lightning in a bottle and if you blink, you might miss something spectacular!

Carr: Jun, of the FinnFighters, sports a 2-0 record with a nasty ground game! Both of his victories have been by submission, and he’ll obviously look to extend that streak to three against Chin! His last fight against Uther Lightbringer was over in the first round, so his ground game is definitely improving steadily, and that could be very bad news for Chin!

Ball: Chin is taller and heavier, and I fully expect him to use both of those attributes to his advantage! One thing I will say about this blue blood is he sure as hell likes to fight! Maybe people talk about his favorite soccer team in a bad way and that riles him up enough to challenge them to a fight! When he first hit the Quick Fight Championship scene, he was fighting basically once every couple of months! That’s impressive, and a bit crazy, but then again, some of our brothers and sisters from England are known to be a bit off! He recently overcame a 3-fight losing streak by making Theodore Nouveau tap out at Rapid Fighting Championship 38, so he’s feeling good and looking to stretch that streak! I think his height and weight help him land solid punches and win this fight by knockout!

Carr: Even though he’s only had two fights, I like what I’ve seen from Jun in the ground game! I think he’ll use Chin’s height against him and focus on one of his long limbs, keep him off-balance, and twist that limb until Chin can’t take it anymore!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Jun by Submission; Ball – Chin by Knockout

Carr: Marcin Cutlas and Tim “Lovable Sex” Drive enter the cage next, and Cutlas is, if nothing else, a gym rat! Sure, he’s only had two fights in which he won both, but the guy is a fitness fanatic! Various LEGION OF DOOM members tell me that the guy eats, sleeps and lives training, and it shows! His most recent victory over Coiote Magrin was a first-round TKO by strikes because he was absolutely relentless!

Ball: Hold on a second! This dude’s nickname is “Lovable Sex”!?

Carr: You heard me right, Ball! “Lovable Sex”.

Ball: I don’t know if this is the right industry for him, Carr! Maybe he wants to be an adult movie star!? With a nickname like that, there are numerous possibilities! Moving on, Drive is 2-2 who has victories with his hands and with submissions, so he’s a well-rounded fighter despite only being 21-year-old! None of his fights have gone past the second round, so this matchup is excellent because he’ll have his aggression level matched by Cutlas! Both of these fighters are basically the same size, so desire and skill will be the deciding factors in this one! Drive is a little older so he may have a slight experience edge, but I wouldn’t put too much on that.

Carr: Physically they match up on paper, but I think Cutlas has the definitive edge with his level of fitness, and I think that, coupled with his aggression, will be the deciding factor in this fight, and I choose him to win this by knockout!

Ball: I’ll have to go with Drive, then, despite my uncertainty about his nickname, because I think his experience makes the difference in that cage! If he establishes his jab early and often, that’ll prevent Cutlas from rushing in for any takedown attempts, and that will be the key!

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Drive by Knockout; Carr – Cutlas by Knockout

Ball: Balagot Liu and Saul “Slash” Hudson keep the action going, and Liu is off to a good start to his young career with a 2-0 record! This young fighter from Bangkok is well-schooled in muay thai, as is no surprise because Thailand produces numerous excellent muay thai fighters! In my opinion, he holds a major edge in the standup game due to his years of muay thai training! He’s a methodical fighter who gradually wears opponents down, and his last battle against Banma Zhang ended in a split decision win. That’s not a definitive win, but it’s a win nonetheless, and I’m sure Liu’s trainers have worked with him on being more aggressive and trying to end fights earlier!

Carr: “Slash” is seven years older, and I consider that to be an advantage. However, I had a chance to speak with Hudson’s trainers earlier, and some of them said they were a bit concerned with Hudson’s mood! After all, he has lost his last two fights, and Ru Shi Wu Cao, who we all know will be in the first fight of the night for a shot at the Lightweight Title, made pretty quick work of Hudson! Granted, Cao is an excellent fighter and potential soon-to-be-champion, but to lose like that is still tough! Having more fights under his belt will also help, but his trainers just didn’t strike me as being too confident in their fighter, and that’s always bad news!

Ball: Bad with a capital b! These fighters have to figure out what is it that will get them motivated and stick to that, even if they lose! It’s paramount to have the right attitude in that cage! That being said, I’ll go with the young pup because he’s hungrier and wants to prove himself! Liu by knockout!

Carr: I’ll have to go with you on that, Ball, because Hudson didn’t have the eye of the tiger, so to speak, and I can’t feel confident in picking a fighter who just isn’t hungry!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Liu by Knockout; Ball – Liu by Knockout

Carr: The second-to-last fight of the night focuses on Skjoldr Leifsson vs.”The Unstoppable” Kostas Mitros! Let me tell you, Ball, that Leifsson is an intense dude! When I spoke with him earlier, he took every opportunity he could to yell about recent win over William Bonin by first round submission at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 17! His trainers would just laugh and shake their head but they let dude yell, so I guess that’s a part of his deal! He also has some kind of pulsing light about him, as weird as that sounds! I wonder if his fellow Vendetta members see that too?

Ball: What’s with you, Carr!? Pulsing lights, spinning colorful orbs!? I don’t know what the hell you’re drinking and eating here in Sydney, but you need to put it down!

Carr: I’m not eating or drinking anything strange! I’m just telling you what it is I see!

Ball: Well, whatever your trip is, stop it! Mitros is brash because that’s one hell of a nickname, but this Greek combatant and member of The Stepdads is an even 2-2! In his last fight against Samuel Westcliff at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 16, he lost in the first round, so I wonder if that had any negative effect on his psyche! Then again, none of his fights have gone past the first round, so it probably doesn’t make a difference to him! He has one gear, and he’s going to test Leifsson with that speed, aggression and determination!

Carr: I think Leifsson can force this fight beyond the first round, and he’ll do it by counter-attacking Mitros to keep him off balance, plus make him use his energy with his aggressiveness, and when Mitros presents an opening, Leifsson will shoot in, take the fight to the mat, and he’ll control the action there while systematically working to get a submission! I pick Leifsson to win by submission!

Ball: I’m definitely more in preference of a standup fighter, and I think Mitros has the advantage on the feet! His hands are sharp and his kicks just plain hurt, and I think his kicks will make a difference in this fight because they’ll keep Leifsson from shooting in for the takedown, and Mitros may opt to try and clinch Leifsson up and keep him in the clinch while working some muay thai and dirty boxing! I choose Mitros by knockout in this one! Plus, his entrance is a Tupac song, and who can’t like that!?

PREDICTIONS: Ball – Mitros by Knockout; Carr – Leiffson by Submission

Carr: And that brings us to the final fight of the night! Littel “Fist” Big and Malachi “The Lightning” Bolton will wrap up the evening’s events, and this one is for bragging rights as both of these young men are members of Heritage!

Ball: It figures that we have an inter-alliance fight to top it all off! I don’t care what anyone says, these types of situations are awkward because you know both of these fighters will be working out together at some point in time, and one of them may say something the other doesn’t like, then boom! You’ve got another fight on your hands!

Carr: That’s possible, sure, but I’d assume the other Heritage members could keep these young tigers from getting into it outside of the cage! Big is not only making his Rapid Fighting Championship debut, but the 20-year-old Canadian is also having his first ever fight! That’s just added pressure and incentive for him to do well against his fellow alliance member! He definitely doesn’t want to start off with a loss because he’d never hear the end of it!

Ball: I know I’d be hazed every day until I earned my first victory if I lost my first fight, especially to a teammate! Bolton obviously has an experience edge in this fight despite him being 1-2 overall at this point! His two losses have been by submission and knockout, so it’s hard to gauge if he’s more susceptible to the ground game or a solid punch! He’s displayed some solid muay thai techniques and my assumption for this fight is he’ll try to counter-attack Big to keep him off balance and then go for the takedown and control the fight on the ground! I’m not sure if he can throw hands with Big so look for him to use kicks to score points and keep Big at a distance! Since he’s the more experienced fighter, he’s my pick for this battle! Bolton by submission!

Carr: I’ll take the chance on the unproven youngster! He’s had plenty of time to study his Heritage teammate and work with is trainers to prepare specifically for any flaws seen with Bolton’s fighting skills! I take Big by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Carr – Big by Knockout; Ball – Bolton by Submission

Carr: That concludes another preview show with yours truly and the enlightened Chris Ball! As always, we thank all of you for joining us and if you’re feeling lucky, head on over to UnderGround Bets Rapid Betting and put some money down! Who knows, you may just get lucky!

Ball: We also want to thank Dark Knight Nutrition for being the merchandise partner for our broadcasts! They still have the coolest frickin logo in the entire industry!

Carr: For Chris Ball and myself, I’m Eric Carr, signing off, and we’ll see you at the fights!

• Upvote 5

Since I am matchmaking for the 170lbs and 205lbs divisions, I decided I'm going to make top ten rankings for them. I'll be updating them once a week. If the fighter has a manager that hasn't logged in recently (clock next to name) I will leave them out of the top 10.

170-Welterweight

CHAMPION--VACANT

1. Osman Dawoud (10-2)

2. Josu Aingeru (10-2)

3. Nuclear Penguin (9-2)

4. Leon Louis (7-1)

5. Konstantinos Nevrakis (11-2)

6. John Titor (6-3)

7. Kane Thompson (7-4)

8. Toussaint Bissainthe (4-1)

9. Phil Domphy (3-1)

10. Coiote Magrin (3-1)

205-Light Heavyweight

CHAMPION--Gok Won Khun (5-1)

1. Jackson Trigger (9-1)

2. Alojz Sanel (10-2)

3. Carter Donovan (7-3)

4. Mwenye Kwadwo (9-4)

5. Luther Jackson (20-4)

6. Jambe De Bois (14-5)

7. Royce Gracie (14-2)

8. John Makres (4-0)

9. Hector Zorba (8-3)

10. Cochise Harris (6-2)

• Upvote 1

Posters are ready and links sent to you guys for RFC43 and Showdown in Tokyo 23 boys! Enjoy and can't wait to see em along with the awesome previews!

Apologize in advance, I'm vacationing in Maine with the family and couldn't put as much time into them as normal. But I hope they still came out decently!

RAPID FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP SHOWDOWN IN TOKYO 23 PREVIEW

HARD KNOCKS ARENA

rk0H5IH.png

Xavier: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the Rapid Fighting preview of Showdown in Tokyo 23! I’m your host, Esiah Xavier, and as always, joining me in the booth is the colorful Furious Styles!

Styles: What’s up, Tokyo!? Are you ready for another exciting night of fights that Rapid Fighting Championship brings to you!?

Xavier: As is the tradition, Rapid Fighting Championship has an outstanding lineup tonight that promises to bring a lot of hard-hitting action from warriors who are battling for position and the shot at a title! Tonight, there are two Welterweight fights, one Heavyweight fight, five big Bantamweight fights, and two Light Heavyweight fights!

Styles: Five Bantamweight fights will definitely have a major ripple effect in that division! Every fighter tonight knows there’s a chance to vault over some of the competition, especially since there are no titles on the line tonight! Champions will have an opportunity to scout the competition, and each fighter tonight has a chance to show the champions what they’re all about!

Xavier: Starting us off tonight is Josu Aingeru versus Osman Dawoud!

Styles: Wow, those are some unique names! Aingeru and Dawoud sound like a cool law firm! They should hook that up!

Xavier: Actually, that does have a ring to it!

Styles: Right!? You’re feelin’ me!

Xavier: Aingeru steps into the cage with an impressive 10-2 record that he, along with his LEGION OF DOOM associates, are very proud of! He had an 8-fight win streak broken by Akoni Jackson at Rapid Fire Championship 26, and since that point, he’s been back and forth in the win and loss column! He recently defeated Alzonz Appalusu at Rapid Fighting Championship 39, and obviously wants to carry over the momentum of that victory against Dawoud tonight!

Styles: The shorter and lighter Dawoud steps into the cage with an equally impressive 10-2 record, and The StepDads are definitely proud of this seasoned veteran. Currently riding a 6-fight win streak, and previously having a 4-fight win streak, Dawoud has shown that his fists are more than capable of ending a fight quickly! All but two of his matches have stopped in the first round, so it’s full speed ahead for him, and that aggression has obviously served him very well! He also has championship experience and credentials from battles in the Some organization, and that is a major advantage!

Xavier: Similarly, Aingeru has had most of his fights end in the first round, and he, too, has championship experience from titles he’s won in this organization! This promises to be a high-impact, hard-hitting fight and we all enjoy those!

Styles: Yeah we do! For me, those are the best kinds of fights because it’s just toe-to-toe mano y mano, and may the best man win! That takes guts, and you must have guts to make it in this industry!

Xavier: Well said, Styles, and I don’t think either man will back down from the other if they choose to stand in front of each other and test the other man’s ability to take a punch! This is definitely a tough fight to pick a winner from because there are numerous similarities, but I’ll choose Aingeru by knockout because he won a tough fight recently and was able to finish it in two minutes and twenty-four seconds!

Styles: In that case, I’ll take the man who has a 6-fight win streak and a ton of confidence! Dawoud wins this bad boy by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Dawoud by KO; Xavier – Aingeru by KO

Styles: Next up we have the big boys of the night as the heavyweights hit the cage! Sven Svensson, easy enough name to remember, does battle against…am I reading this right? His opponent’s name is Suge Knight!? Suge Knight!? He is aware of the situations involved with Suge Knight, right!? Does he really want to associate himself with such an incredibly controversial figure!?

Xavier: Apparently he does, Styles!

Styles: Wow, man, that takes a big set of balls to do that! There are people after Suge Knight and believe me, many people are very happy about him being incarcerated! He’s locked up for 25 or so years!

Xavier: It’s unfortunate for Mr. Knight, but he’s been embroiled in legal issues for many years, and the manslaughter charges against him were overwhelming! He got 28 years on a plea deal, so you know the evidence was deep and damning!

Styles: No kidding! Anyway, Sven Svensson, who calls himself “The Valhalla Viking”, which is cool as hell to me because I really like that TV series, Vikings! The History channel is brilliant for having that show, and who doesn’t like Ragnar Lothbrok!? He’s bad ass! Svensson is pretty bad as too, really, with a very respectable 13-3 record! Dude had a 12-fight win streak at one point in time, and that’s major! Add in the fact he’s been a champion and he has all the accolades a great young fighter would want! Keep in mind he’s only 21 years old so he has a long way to go and a whole lot more domination! It seems that Conor The Barbarian is a thorn in his side as they’ve fought 3 times and Conor has won 2 of those fights! At Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 20, we saw that happen!

Xavier: “Sugar” Knight has one hell of a task ahead of him! At 8-6, he’s struggled a bit with his career, and having to battle a devastating force like Svensson, who is 7 years younger, will be a tall task! However, having that age difference gives him more overall life experience, and while some don’t think that has much influence, you’d be surprised by that! In addition, he’s from Compton and one assumes he’s had tough fights before! The Underground Fights Enterprise members believe in Knight, and there’s a reason he’s stepping into this battle! He’s won 5 fights in a row previously, but had a 2-fight win streak snapped by Axel Aethelwulf at Rapid Fighting Championship in Tokyo 20! I assume that loss has left a bit of a sting in his pride and that could very well provide great motivation for him to get things turned around! What better way to turn things around than to defeat a young lion like Svensson!?

Styles: If he’s able to pull off this upset, because let’s be real, that would be an upset, it would definitely put him square on the championship title shot map! However, I simply don’t see that happening, X!

Xavier: I can see why you wouldn’t, Styles, and that’s all good! I’m going to choose Knight to pull off the upset in this fight! I think that recent loss made him more focused and he may catch Svensson being overconfident and cocky!

Styles: Overconfident and cocky!? Naw, man! Svensson knows what he brings to the table and he’s going to deliver another brutal knockout to his resume!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Svensson by KO; Xavier – Knight by KO

Styles: Moving on to the much smaller but faster fighters, Branimir Simeon steps into the cage against Genji Kamogawa! That sounds like a strong Japanese name! Simeon is currently 8-3 and the LEGION OF DOOM speaks highly of this man! After a 4-fight win streak, he’s had his ups and downs, but the last 2 fights have been wins by TKO, so he’s proven himself to be capable in the cage! At Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 19, he bested Kreepee Krawlee – now there’s the name of a man whose parents definitely see things differently – in a third round win. Most of his fights have finished in the first round, so I expect him to be aggressive against Kamogawa!

Xavier: Similar too Simeon, Kamogawa has held a 4-fight win streak! Unfortunately for him, he had an opportunity to win gold against Anthony Shiina at Rapid Fighting Championship 32, but he lost to a nasty Americana, and he lost the fight after that as well! He righted the ship against Chok Delarock at Rapid Fighting Championship 40, and he’ll look to continue with that momentum!

Styles: Hey, X, I’ve got some insight for you!

Xavier: What’s up?

Styles: My sources tell me that despite that last win, Kamogawa’s been a bit dour and mopey around the gym lately!

Xavier: Seriously!? He just won a match recently!

Styles: I know, man, but it seems like some woman he’s dating is stressing him out! As I always say, women and combat sports don’t mix unless she’s a fighter, too! There’s no way for them to understand what the hell combat athletes really go through unless she trains for it too!

Xavier: That’s a shame because I figured with his height and weight advantage, he’d be able to give problems to Simeon, but if he’s having issues with a woman then there’s no way I’m comfortable considering him to win!

Styles: That makes two of us, X! I’m definitely choosing Simeon to win this fight by knockout!

Xavier: I echo that sentiment!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Simeon by KO; Styles – Simeon by KO

Xavier: Keeping the bantamweight action going is Pal Hasani vs. Ichiro Suzuki!

Styles: Suzuki is a cool name, and they make great products, too! There’s also a violin teaching method named The Suzuki Method.

Xavier: You know that!?

Styles: Don’t sound so surprised, X! I’m a man of many tastes and I can be refined when I want to be!

Xavier: Refined!? You forget that we’ve hung out together in various sports bars and karaoke clubs, and I’ve seen you act a damn fool!

Styles: Hey, X! I told you I live life the way I see fit, and I have no regrets! Well, I’ve regretted a couple of times waking up next to a woman who…well, let’s just say there were a couple of times I pretended there was a fire and I hustled a woman out of my place, gave her some Uber money, and called it a day!

Xavier: Oh, yeah, very refined and classy!

Styles: Don’t hate! Anyway, “The Cobra” Hasani is a solid 11-4 heading into this fight, and The Stepdads speak about this young man’s potential quite a bit! His best win streak has been 4 in a row, and he’s had a few losses between streaks, but more importantly, the last time he faced Ichiro Suzuki, he lost by unanimous decision at Rapid Fighting Night 10! I assure you both of these men remember that last squabble and will use some of the experiences from that fight for this one!

Xavier: That would be astute of both of them to take advantage of that previous encounter to improve upon what did and didn’t work! “Broom-Broom” is an impressive 6-1, but he had that 6-fight win streak snapped by Hasani, as you said! Prior to that, he’s submitted every opponent he’s faced, and he managed to do that by the second round, an indication that he’s aggressive and skilled! We have yet another classic standup versus ground fighter, and Suzuki will definitely look to get this fight off its feet and to the ground as soon as possible!

Styles: “Broom-Broom”!? That’s…different! I could see if it was “Boom-Boom” or “Vroom-Vroom”, but hey, to each their own! I think Hasani will manage to keep this fight standing and will drop bombs on Suzuki until he can’t take it anymore! I’m rollin’ with Hasani by knockout in this one!

Xavier: As for me, I’ll take Suzuki to win this by submission! The pain of that loss previously has to be prominent inside of him, and, naturally, he wants to prove to himself that he can beat Hasani! I think he does it!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Suzuki by Submission; Styles – Hasani by KO

Xavier: The next combatants to enter the cage of pain will be Yez Pleez and Five Finger!

Styles: Hold up! Yez Pleez and Five Finger!? What in the blue hell!? Has a psychological evaluation been performed on both of these fighters!? One is named after a cordial phrase, but he can’t spell, apparently, and the other dude can count, which is good, but he’s basically named after body parts!?

Xavier: I knew you wouldn’t be able to let these go! I concur that their names are unusual, there’s no doubt about it, but I’m sure they have their reasons for having their names as they are!

Styles: Well, sure, and I know the reason why!

Xavier: I have a feeling where this is going but I’ll ask anyway. What’s the reason their names are what they are?

Styles: It’s simple, really. Both of these fighters have strong mental issues they need to overcome, and by being simple with their names, they give themselves more space and time to focus on those heavier concerns!

Xavier: Well, I definitely didn’t expect to hear that from you, and that’s an interesting perspective to take!

Styles: What, did you expect me to say because they’re both crazy!? Come on, X, we all know they are!

Xavier: That’s more like it. “Yeep” is 6-4 but has lost 2 in a row, so he’s looking to turn things around against Finger! He began his career well by winning 4 in a row, but he’s struggled to maintain any kind of win streak after that! When he’s locked in, he’s capable of using solid boxing skills to beat his opponents with!

Styles: “Death Punch”…oh, I get it now! He really likes that band! Well, seeing that he’s 21, I suppose I’m not too surprised! They do have some great songs, though! Fellow members of YABAI tell me that, despite his loss to Aleksan Nokkenson, Finger has been locked in and has been training very diligently with the desire to prove to everyone that he deserves to be in the fight game! His muay thai skills are touted and I expect him to lean on those skills in this fight!

Xavier: Pleez has shown solid ability on his feet but if Finger’s muay thai skills are that good, he’ll definitely have to watch out for his kicks! If he can manage to stick and move, that will reduce the chances of him getting tagged by hard kicks and increase his chance to win this fight!

Styles: Not so fast, X!

Xavier: What now!?

Styles: My sources tell me that Pleez has been trippin’ big time as of late! Apparently the dude has been playing Madden 20 and FIFA 19 for hours instead of getting his butt into the gym like he’s supposed to!

Xavier: Unreal! Now don’t get me wrong! I enjoy video games myself, and I can’t wait to play NBA2K20 which I’ll buy later today, but that’s another story. I don’t have a guy in a cage trying to knock my head off or twist a body part until I tap out in extreme pain!

Styles: Well said!

Xavier: Thank you, Styles! So, with that bit of information, I’m going to trust your sources, although they did miss out on one or two fights at Rapid Fighting Championship 22, and I’ll pick Finger to get his first career victory! Finger by knockout!

Styles: You know the fight game is unpredictable, but I trust my sources and I trust my gut, and my gut says to roll with Finger as well! Finger by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Finger by KO; Xavier – Finger by KO

Styles: Theodore Nouveau and Chok Delarock are next up in the battle of brutality! Theodore makes me think of the Chipmunks, or some dude who works on Wall Street and wears khaki’s every day! Chok Delarock sounds like a drink that’s popular in the hood!

Xavier: In the hood!? Which hood are you talking about, Styles!?

Styles: Whatever hood likes to lay claim to certain drinks! I don’t know, X! Stop analyzing everything I say and just roll with it! “Beaujolaise”, that’s quite a nickname, is 8-12, which is definitely not a great record, but dude likes to fight, and I can respect that! He recently broke a 4-fight losing streak with a first-round submission win over Xix Zyx at Rapid Fighting Showdown in Tokyo 20, so he may have gotten himself together in time for this fight!

Xavier: His last 5 fights have all stopped in the first round, so expect to see him being very aggressive in this fight against Delarock! “A Block” Delarock…

Styles: ”A Block”, like Cell Block A!?

Xavier: You’ll have to ask him! He’s 8-7, so his record isn’t great either, but it’s a winning record, and in the fight game, that’s definitely respectable! What’s not respectable is the current 4-fight losing streak he’s on, and as I always say, that kind of losing streak can’t be good for the psyche! He had a 5-fight win streak early in his career, so he’s capable, but he’ll need to handle business here! To add to this fight is bragging rights, because these two warriors train at the same gym!

Styles: Hold up! They train at the very same gym!?

Xavier: You heard me!

Styles: Wow, dude, that’s crazy! Do you think they’ve sparred with and against one another in that gym!?

Xavier: It’s possible, Styles!

Styles: Crazy! What’s even more crazy!? My sources tell me that both of these dudes have been caught up in their feelings!

Xavier: Both of them!

Styles: You heard me!

Xavier: Touche!

Styles: I don’t even know what to say about that, X! It’s bad enough when one dude mentally checks out of a fight before it even happens, but both fighters checking out!? Hell, let’s just roll the dice to choose this one! I’ll take Delarock because his name sounds like alcohol, and he’ll win by knockout!

Xavier: I’ll take Nouveau because he has a unique middle name and he’s from Albania, which has nothing to do with anything! Nouveau by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Nouveau by KO; Styles – Delarock by KO

Xavier: Kasey McRobbie and Paul Rabbitte are next up to battle!

Styles: Rabbitte!? I hope he’s as fast as one because I expect this to be a heavy-hitting fight!

Xavier: Well, he’s 3-5 right now but he’s only 21 year-old and that’s young enough to easily and quickly turn things around in a more positive direction! “The Rab” recently snapped a 2-fight losing streak by defeating DeMarcus Ridley at FNF Summer Madness III, and he did that in the first round! He was quite vicious in that fight and I have no doubt he’ll be just as aggressive and vicious against McRobbie!

Styles: “Mad Dog” is a solid 4-1, and in this fight, he may have a bit of an advantage if and when there’s a clinch battle or a fight for positioning on the mat! All but one of his fights have ended in the first round, and he’s proven that his fists are capable and dangerous! In a nutshell, he either wins by knockout or he gets knocked out, and I know the fans truly enjoy that style of fighting!

Xavier: Israel Adesilva can attest to the power of McRobbie’s fists, that’s for certain, and I expect this fight to be short, brutal and bloody!

Styles: Now we’re talkin’!

Xavier: In light of that, I’ll choose Rabbitte to win this fight by knockout because I feel he has more to prove!

Styles: I’m choosing McRobbie because I think he hits harder, and his record is obviously better! McRobbie by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – McRobbie by KO; Xavier – Rabbitte by KO

Styles: Moving right along, we have Ariel Schroder battling Xix Zyx! I’m not even going to try and comment on Zyx’s name because I have a hell of a time just pronouncing it! Schroder looks like a math or a gym teacher, and maybe that demeanor and appearance works in his favor, because opponents may underestimate him! A decent 7-5 record, he’s pretty much been back and forth between wins and losses, so he’s attempting to sustain that winning vibe after beating Juan Villa at Rapid Fight Night 10! He’s a submission artist and that’s obviously an excellent skill to have, plus he’s pretty aggressive and calculating, but he’s also lost by submission and knockouts, so he’s definitely a wild card in that cage!

Xavier: Like you, Styles, I don’t even know what to say about Zyx, let alone try and figure out his fighting style! In addition, let’s be honest, he’s a very odd looking dude, and to an extent, but in a very different way, maybe his appearance causes his opponents to underestimate him, because he does look like a guy who’s not too familiar with a barber!

Styles: Or hygiene!

Xavier: That may actually be a battle tactic, Styles! Maybe “Six” tries to psyche out his opponents by looking grungy, disturbed and just plain strange!

Styles: Well, if I were an opponent, I guarantee that would work against me! Dude looks like something from The Thing! Strange movie, by the way!

Xavier: Definitely a strange movie, but entertaining! “Six” is 4-4 and has lost his last 3 fights, so he obviously wants to get things turned around! Like Schroder, he favors submissions, so we’ll have ourselves a battle of wits, determination, and flexibility, or at least, I think we will! Zyx has a height advantage but from what we’ve seen, he pretty much doesn’t give a damn about standup fighting and goes right for takedowns and grappling!

Styles: Xix “Six” Zyx!? I got it! He’s playing with the number of the beast, 666! Clever…strange, but clever! However, what’s not so clever, X, is my sources tell me that oddball Zyx has been laying around and listening to dark metal and gothic music instead of training, and other UnderGround Fights Enterprise members have said he’s acting even more strange than usual, which is really saying something!

Xavier: I’m at a loss for words, but I’m not at a loss for a pick!

Styles: Me either! Put me down for Schroder winning by submission!

Xavier: Ditto!

PREDICTIONS: Xavier – Schroder by Submission; Styles – Schroder by Submission

Xavier: Our second-to-last fight of the night features Juan Villa versus Kreepee Krawlee!

Styles: Oh yeah, you know I’m going to talk about this one! Kreepee Krawlee! I touched on this name earlier in the show, but “The Spider” obviously has a propensity for arachnoids and bugs! I wonder if he’s seen Arachnophobia, and if he has, does it piss him off!?

Xavier: I’ll definitely let you ask that question of him!

Styles: Well hell, I have no problem doing that! Kreepee Krawlee…well, I know his favorite holiday is Halloween, and I bet you money that he has a pet tarantula and a snake! He also has a 6-4 record, which is decent, but I wonder if his fellow YABAI members are completely comfortable around dude! Hey X, I bet they call him Spider Man!

Xavier: They probably do! He began his career well with a 3-fight win streak but has since been back and forth in the wins and losses column! He lost to Branimir Simeon at Rapid Fighting Championship Showdown in Tokyo 19, so look for him to be aggressive in trying to get this win quickly! His ground game is dangerous and I’m sure Villa is fully aware of that fact!

Styles: “The Brave Heart” Villa is currently 8-4, which is quite good, but he’s also coming off a loss to Ariel Schroder at Rapid Fight Night 10! He had a 6-fight win streak to begin his promising career, but then ran into a bit of trouble, and has been back and forth, with more losses, unfortunately! He has the height advantage in this fight so I expect him to stay outside and as far away from Krawlee’s grasp as possible!

Xavier: I think that would be the smart move because he hasn’t really proven himself in the grappling game of this sport! He does have a knockout by head kick to his credit, but most of his victories have been by decision, so we’re not sure if he has the ability to finish a fight early!

Styles: You know what else we’re not sure of!?

Xavier: Oh boy. What aren’t we sure of?

Styles: Whether or not this dude truly cares about this fight! I just received word that he hasn’t even been in the gym because he’s been sitting around watching TV, playing video games, and eating Rocky Road ice cream all day! Hell, he sounds like dates I had when I was in college, but that was college!

Xavier: It absolutely baffles me when fighters aren’t mentally ready for a fight! It just makes no sense, and it makes no sense for me to pick him to win, so I won’t! Krawlee wins this by submission because he actually wants to fight!

Styles: You’re damn right about that! Krawlee twists Villa into all kinds of wrong and makes him tap in this one!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Krawlee by Submission; Xavier – Krawlee by Submission

Styles: And, to wrap out this night of combat, we have William Bonin and Barido Joranso standing across the cage from one another! I have to admit that I dig the name of the alliance he’s with! The Devil’s Rejects, another strange movie by the way, just sounds cool! Hey, if Zyx were smart, he’d try to join this group because that would be just too damned perfect!

Xavier: I actually have to agree with you on that one, Styles!

Styles: Of course you do, because you know I’m right, and I’m clever!

Xavier: Right. Bonin stands at 2-3 heading into this fight, and has shown some outstanding skills in the standup game! Unfortunately for him, his last 3 fights have been losses, and he’s lost by submission and TKO! Although quite skilled for a 21-year-old, that’s a very tough path to travel, but being that young may very well help him overcome the recent funk and charter a new course to winning!

Styles: Joranso is an even 1-1, so right off the bat, Bonin has the experience advantage, despite Joranso being five years older! Joranso’s trainers told me they’re proud of his boxing skills, and he’s shown an ability to submit opponents, but he’s also lost by submission, so it’s hard to get a read on him! He’s taller so maybe he can use that reach advantage, but…hold on! Really!? Unbelievable! Hey, X, I just got word from an anonymous source that Joranso has been watching old reruns of Friends and The Office all day instead of training as hard as he should! I like those shows, don’t get it twisted, but that comes after you handle business in the cage, son!

Xavier: Like we discussed previously, maybe there does need to be a psychologist for some of these fighters that just can’t get it together! In light of that information, I’ll keep this very simple. Bonin wins by knockout!

Styles: Bingo! Bonin by knockout!

PREDICTIONS: Styles – Bonin by KO; Xavier – Bonin by KO

Styles: All right, good folks, me and X are out of here! Catch us next time as we preview Rapid Fighting Championship 24 next week! Peace and hair grease!

Xavier: As always, we thank our merchandise partner, Dark Knight Nutrition, with their excellent products and bad ass logo!

• Upvote 1