Potential Error

aylib

Fighter got rocked early 2nd round (determined/heart TotT) and I dont see him recovering, just winning the fight via decision. Have you seen anything like that, where a fighter gets rocked early and there is nothing to show that he has recovered? Almost 9 minutes later he wins.

I've seen numerous fights ending without fighter recovering, but not one where one hasn't recovered for 9 minutes, especially with a determined/heart hidden.

Is this an error/glitch?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=933642

No have not seen that, but it looks funny that he is "dominating the fight" just a few lines below where he is rocked.

There is nothing about him still being or wobbly legs or similar so looks like he did recover but it wasn't reported. Could it be he recovered in the round pause and that doesn't get into the fight log?

No have not seen that, but it looks funny that he is "dominating the fight" just a few lines below where he is rocked.

There is nothing about him still being or wobbly legs or similar so looks like he did recover but it wasn't reported. Could it be he recovered in the round pause and that doesn't get into the fight log?

This would be my guess right here.

Closest thing I can think of is this fight <http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=925881> where my boy got rocked within seconds, never formally recoreverd, landed more overall strikes than his opponent for like 7+ minutes but eventually got KOed, still having "wobbly legs" after all that time. That guy wasn't "Determined" though.

But it doesn't seem to be an error IMO, just a special, somewhat rare circumstance where a guy gets rocked and doesn't "officially" recovers but manages to keep fighting for a much longer time than "rocked" fighters usually do.

• Upvote 1

Seen it a million times. I think immediately after fighter is rocked there is a "heart roll" and if successful right away it doesn't show that he's recovered.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=118690

Would happen to Ben Stone on the regular. There's a lot of fights to sift through, but there's more than a few examples of that happening in just his career alone.

• Upvote 2

Are you saying that that fighters heart is likely to be so good as to recover immediately?

Also, what was Stone's confidence like, as I see a submission to strikes loss, which I assume points to heart/confidence.

Essentially. Or he just got a successful heart roll after rocked... some fighters do recover immediately after rocked. If you roll successful heart roll it "activates heart" and then they start fighting more successfully/aggressively.

btw Sub (strikes) is just flavor text for TKO loss. Means nothing to heart or any other skill. No different than when you get a lucky TDWP submission roll or a Knockout Flying Knee. Flavor.

He had heart, confidence, KO power, 143 IQ, only thing missing was chin. I relied to heavily on rock and recover tactics due to his heart to protect his chin.

Essentially. Or he just got a successful heart roll after rocked... some fighters do recover immediately after rocked. If you roll successful heart roll it "activates heart" and then they start fighting more successfully/aggressively.

btw Sub (strikes) is just flavor text for TKO loss. Means nothing to heart or any other skill. No different than when you get a lucky TDWP submission roll or a Knockout Flying Knee. Flavor.

He had heart, confidence, KO power, 143 IQ, only thing missing was chin. I relied to heavily on rock and recover tactics due to his heart to protect his chin.

Interesting tactic.

I had this fight today where my fighter who was set high to break clinch actually scored a knockdown in the clinch but the fight resumed in the clinch position, surely a clinch should be broken when you take a knee...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=943187

Not in the instance shown - "Three drops Two onto one knee with a big uppercut from the clinch! Two is propped up by the cage and works his way back to his feet!"

Basically the Clinch's version of your guy waving him back to his feet essentially

Fighter has only 1 fight, yet if you look at sub completion % it is showing erroneous data:

http://mmatycoon.com/statsfighter.php?fid=340009

You arent reading the stats in the correct way, i guess.

It says 2 sub attempts(1 successful) = 50% sub landing rate.

In his only fight he tried a sub two times, with the second being successful.

You arent reading the stats in the correct way, i guess.

It says 2 sub attempts(1 successful) = 50% sub landing rate.

In his only fight he tried a sub two times, with the second being successful.

On the defence side though it says the same thing, despite him not having had a Submission attempt against him, nor having one be successful.

On the defence side though it says the same thing, despite him not having had a Submission attempt against him, nor having one be successful.

Right. One fight cant have two successful submissions.

Unless its Air Khabib tapping Conor and emasculating Dilon all in one sitting.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...