How much do you guys pay to train?

MMATycoon

i'd be curious to see how much some of you are paying as well. i desperately need to get in shape, and this would be a great way to do it. not sure if i want to pay that much though, when i can just start going for bike rides on the beach instead (where the "scenery" is much better) :P

50 bucks a week wouldn't surprise me in the least though, for 3 or 4 session @ 1.5 to 2 hours each.

That's sound about right for Gracie/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the UK. That way they can subscribe you to the monthly membership at a cost of £50 or so. I did look at Roger Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in London but they charge the same price for 30 minute sessions (crazy... even if it is Roger Gracie!). Good luck with the training though. Although I like the thought of learning BJJ, I will likely stick to Judo and study BJJ abroad in a year or so when I travel. DP

Myself and the wife instruct both self defence martial arts and freestyle kickboxing - monthly subscription is £35 for once a week (2 hours) and the unlimited package is £50 - Up to (12 half hours)

Personal sessions with both of us in the room @ £30

We also train in Muay Thai and pay £60 (each) p/m

Private sessions with Chris Knowles are run @ £35 p/h (don't know if that's the cost to the masses, but its the price we get)

£10 per session is steep IMHO

Thanks for the info guys. £10 is a bit steep then... it's just that psychological barrier of being in double figures too. Maybe £8 wouldn't seem so bad.

I must say, I do enjoy being covered in bruises again. Makes me feel like I've done something useful.

you better figure out have to deal with the mess in training at this game because its to damn funny that these days almost every one runs private gyms !

Its good to hear that the game maker is training IRL :)

I hope your rib is ok, and about the barfing/shape, look up what fitch is eating nowadays and u'll be on the right track.

I pay 30£ for 6 months worth of training :o

Granted it's a local taekwondo club where we train twice a week for two hours... but still, why are the prices so high over there? Those better be 1on1 classes or else I wouldnt bother. :D

Oh and, I'm going to a schol to learn some Gracie JJ in norway for a year, it's a part of our education programme tha twhen you're done with high school you can take a year off and do something completely unrelated to your education, I chose a school with a newly started BJJ course. 3 days a week for god knows how many hours.

That costs about 9000£, but I get a lot of it covered by the state, and the rest in a regular student loan.

I pay 60 dollars a month for unlimited classes and access to a gym when I want. Granted, I live in Norway and combat sports training is much cheaper over here.

Well it looks like I may have epic failed. There are two indistrial estates pretty close to eachother and I was in the wrong one. I went into the wrong gym, where there just happened to be a BJJ session on at the same time as the other place. :tumbleweed:

Apparently the GracieBarra is £6 per session. There were a couple of guys in Gracie Barra gis at the place I was at, so I have no idea what the deal was.

The gym I go to is $15 per class or $125 for unlimited access to classes. It's primarily a muay thai gym (run by Australian champions ;)), but they do run boxing, grappling, and MMA classes a few hours a week.

if anyone lives in the Bay Area and wants BJJ lessons I can probably get you a great deal with a Ralph Gracie Black Belt. You can probably get 1 on 1 private training if you really want. My brother is the BB

10 bucks per session for me. but mines not a gracie affliate. :(

Never paid per session. At Inferno MMA in Naples, FL it was $200-$300 per month. Once you're on the "Inferno Fight Team" you don't have to pay, and if the owner/instructor owes you money for something you don't have to pay either lol

• 2 weeks later...

damn...either the UK guys got it cheap or we're paying too much here in the US. i was training at Muay Thai Academy in North Hollywood for $100 per month for unlimited sessions. its the oldest MT gym in the US and many great MT fighters either instructed or trained there (Saekson Janjirra, Coban Lookchaomaesaitong, Malaipet the Diamond). was also looking at Rickson Gracie's school in LA and 10th Planet with Eddie Bravo (which is in Legends MMA). never got a price on Rickson's school, but Legends MMA was $200 per month unlimited if i remember correctly.

which reminds me...i need to get back in shape and training my shins to become iron again.