Honour Fighting Championships SMACK TALK

This is the official London based "Honour Fighting Championships" Smack Talk Thread.

We will also publish reviews and previews of our events.

Feel free to call out opponents here or discuss about the organization.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1470884077300x300.jpg

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac248/ajvanrens/Drotske%20S.png

Marcus Drotske

"I can't believe Jimbo Rice's record was actually credited with a W for his fight against Chaney. Chaney's a bum and should not have been granted a license. Man up Jimbo, fight me and prove you belong on the pro circuit!"

Marcus Drotske

"I can't believe Jimbo Rice's record was actually credited with a W for his fight against Chaney, the guys a bum and should not have been granted a license. Man up Jimbo, fight me and prove you belong on the pro circuit!"

http://i.imgur.com/c22ERKf.jpg

"The Itallian Dream" Marvin Vettori to Marcus Drotske

Jimbo is a little snake in the grass, you will KO him in the 1st Round, #TeamAVR

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/14799348971.jpg

Two title fights tomorrow!

170 lbs Dwayne Johnson v Reed Money

170 lbs title

265 lbs Random Fighter Three v Peter Faup

265 lbs title

170 lbs Twist Calypso v Takomi Saka

265 lbs Anthony Joshua v Freddie Adam

155 lbs Sergey Chernishev v Renato Ibanez

170 lbs Chris Conley v Demian Maia

265 lbs Phil Ure v Jack Smith

265 lbs

Willem Van Der Weegh v Daniel Hayden

265+ lbs

John Brown v John Jones

Honour Fighting Championships presents

HFC 26 Johnson vs Money (874658)

November 26, 2016

At The Underground - London

Author: Master Po

Under Card:

John Brown vs John Jones - 265+ lbs

John "Rumble" Brown is making his MMA debut. He has been training under a new manager in the Tycooniverse, Hank Sambo. At this early stage in his career Brown has focused primarily on his striking skills and is growing more and more competent in boxing and Muy Thai. Opposite him in the cage will be John "Virus" Jones who is also training under a newer manager, Gerard Lee. Jones has been focusing on elements of his ground game while also working some Muy Thai. Jones is 1-1 with 1 KO and has obvious KO power. In this opening bout of the event I give him the edge due to experience that can only be gained inside the cage.

Prediction: Jones TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Willem Van Der Weegh vs Daniel Hayden - 265 lbs

Van Der Weegh is an 18 year old that has wonderful wrestling skills. He is at 1-2, and naturally some 30 lbs heavier than his opponent Daniel Hayden a British boxer/BJJ practitioner. Hayden is also an 18 year old who shows a great deal of promise at this early phase in his career. He displays top notch striking stringing together effective combinations. The future for Van Der Weegh looks bleak at best. I'm thinking if he loses this one it may be in his best interest to embrace his life long dream of becoming a medical marijuana farmer. Hayden has a slight edge in experience, a sizeable edge in management and training, and a landslide edge in raw talent and ability. I'm concerned for Van Der Weegh's well-being.

Prediction: Hayden KO (Punches) round 1.

Phil Ure vs Jack Smith - 265 lbs

Phil Ure comes into this fight with a MMA record of 2-0 with 2 Submissions. He has a purple belt in BJJ and has a good background in wrestling. He is looking to take a step up in competition here facing Jack Smith who has a MMA record of 4-2 with 4 Submissions. Smith has a purple belt in BJJ as well. Both fighters have a limited grasp on striking abilities, Ure working aspects of Muy Thai, while Smith has been implementing boxing techniques into his repertoire. These fighters are basically mirror images of each other with the exception in experience. Smith has 6 fights under his MMA belt with Ure barely scratching the surface in 2 fights with less than a minute of total cage experience. The fight would be otherwise hard to call, but given the experience levels, I have to lean toward Smith given his track record.

Prediction: Smith Submission (Armbar) round 1.

Chris Conley vs Demian Maia - 170 lbs

Conley has had an up and down career, literally. He started his career with Honour winning his debut, then losing a title shot vs Calypso, then coming back with another win, and another loss. He has definitely been involved in some entertaining fights with 3 of the night awards. Two of those coming in victories and one in his most recent fight which he lost by TKO. He will need to bring his proficient boxing and purple belt BJJ with him against Maia, a purpble belt submission artist who has had more success so far in his MMA carreer. Maia stands at 4-1 with 4 Submissions. His only loss came against Reed Money who was the last guy Conley fought...and lost in the same TKO fashion. Maia is an entertainer as well with 2 of the night awards. I feel that Maia has the experience and skill advantage. If Conley could manage a win here it would be shocking.

Prediction: Maia Submission (Triangle) round 1.

Main Card:

Sergey Chernishev vs Renato Ibanez - 155 lbs

Chernishev the 18 year old wrestler with a blue belt in BJJ has made strides in his boxing techniques. Sergey, the "Fly," as his friends and family call him, is at 2-1 with 2 KOs, utilizing a ground and pound style we all know and love. Renato Ibanez is 2-1 also but with 1 Submission. Ibanez is more of a point fighter. He has the edge here in BJJ with a purple belt, but the Fly has the edge on him in wrestling. It's not hard to visualize this fighting making its way to the ground in short order. From there things get a little tricky. My gut feeling is that Chernishev's ground and pound will be too much for Ibanez, but Ibanez being the superior BJJ fighter, could possibly land some counter submission if the Fly gets too ambitious. Like I say, "I guess that's why we have the fights."

Prediction: Chernishev TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Anthony Joshua vs Freddie Adam - 265 lbs

This looks like a completely lopsided match up on paper. Joshua is one of the most experienced fighters in the Honour Fighting Championships organization. His MMA record is 6-1 with 6 KOs. He has only been past the first round in 1 of his 7 career fights. He's a finisher if I've ever seen one. The Chosen One displays respectable boxing with elements of Muy Thai built upon a wrestling base. He will be looking to sprawl and brawl against Freddie Adam the brown belt BJJ fighter. Adam is not like your typical BJJ submission artist. He has natural KO power and has used it successfully in his last two fights. Adam started his career within Honour losing his first fight by a decision. Since then I believe his team has ironed out any wrinkles in their training and tactics to better use his heavy hands in a ground and pound format. He has won his last two by TKOs due to cuts. One would assume cuts from ground strikes would be results of elbows, but this isn't the case. Adam is gashing faces with closed fists. That's a peculiarity to say the least. This is a big time step up for Adam. I think too big.

Prediction: Joshua TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Twist Calypso vs Takomi Saka - 170 lbs

Calypso is ranked 7th in the entire Honour organization. He boasts an MMA record of 6-1 with 5 KOs. He won the vacant 170 lb title way back in HFC 6, then successfully defended it 3 times at HFC 10, 13, and 16. Sadly his championship run came to an end at HFC 20 where he lost a grueling decision to current 170 lb champ Dwayne Johnson. When you go undefeated and never taste that agony of defeat the first loss can be a huge test. Calypso has shown the heart of a lion coming back true to his form winning yet another fight by TKO in his brutal clinch. The Japanese Playboy, Takomi Saka, attempting to show he is a force to be reckoned with by taking a substantial leap in level of competition. Saka is 2-0 with 2 KOs. He is a Muy Thai fighter with a good upbringing in wrestling . He has KO power and/or ability, but his tragic flaw may prove to be his tendency to get cut, which may be a little higher than your average fighter. Everything points to Calypso that is ranked 7 for a reason. Saka is the fighter with something to prove. Can he do it?

Prediction: Calypso TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Co-Main Event:

Random Fighter Three vs Peter Faup - 265 lbs Title

Three captured the Heavyweight title from Antonio Silva at HFC 15 where they headlined the event. Three has defended that title twice successfully by submitting Dave Laston at HFC 20, and in a rematch with Antonio Silva by way of TKO (Cut). Random Fighter Three, the wrestler with a blue belt in ju-jitsu, and a touch of Muy Thai, is set to defend again facing Peter Faup who is no pushover. Faup is much more of a stand up guy with strong boxing and Muy Thai skills, but he has been training hard in BJJ and has achieved a blue belt. Oddly enough with Faup being more stylistically suited to striking his MMA record is 4-2 with 1 KO and 2 Submissions, so he is sneaky on the ground. Things could get tricky on the ground where this fight is sure to end up. This is a case where it could really go either way. I believe this will come down to who has the best tactics so management is in play here more than usual.

Prediction: Fighter Three TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Main Event:

Dwayne Johnson vs Reed Money - 170 lbs Title

The fight everyone will be waiting for on the edge of their seats is a great matchup between two heavy hitters with a combined MMA record of 8-1 with 7 KOs. Reigning champ Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is sitting pretty at 4-0 with 3 KOs. His attributes are strong boxing with a strong wrestling base. Your run of the mill sprawl and brawler who started his career in the Honour organization and has taken all comers. Training at FIERCE gym under Josh Matthew they have found a recipe for success that is working for them at the moment. Reed "Manlow" Money is next up for Johnson. Manlow has wonderful boxing and was a top notch wrestler at the collegiate level in his country Sweden. He has set up shop in London under manager Altin El Topolino honing his MMA skills at London MMA Club a reputable gym. Usually I like to go with numbers and the math suggests that Johnson should be favored here slightly just on the priciple that he has yet to lose. However, I feel that the one question mark that presents itself in regards to Johnson is his chin. It appears to be solid by all accounts, but is it enough to withstand Money's big right hand coupled with a very specialized striking attack? The same question could be posed at Money. Is his chin enough for Johnson's power? This makes this fight a matter of who finds range and gets off first.

Prediction: Money TKO (Strikes) round 1.

HFC 26 Johnson vs Money Official Review

Honour Fighting Championships

On November 26, 2016

At The Underground - London

Attendance: 1000 (Sold Out)

Event Rating: 113.12

Preface:

Honour Fighting Championships, the most hyped pure 300k + ID restricted org, put together yet another captivating experience for a sold out crowd at The Underground in London. Time and time again HFC outdoes itself, pushing their ceiling higher and higher. Every time we think they can't possibly do better, they rise to the occasion and pull out all the stops. The atmosphere in the venue was mesmerizing. You could feel the intensity building up with each and every fight, leading up to the climactic main event, which won the Fight of the Night award leaving fans satisfied, yet understandibly, hungry for more.

John Brown vs John Jones - 265+ lbs

John Brown came into the opening bout looking to start off his MMA career on the winning track. However, the more experienced John Jones had different plans. Jones came into the arena with the eye of the tiger and when the bell rang he pounced into action with wreckless abandon. Right away Jones shot in for a takedown. Browns tried to sprawl but Jones persisted and landed in half guard. He went straight to grounding and pounding, initially missing, then finding his mojo and softening up Brown with blow after blow. Brown wanted to get back to his feet, but either his inexperience, or Jones' skill, would not let that transpire. Jones landed series after series of strikes through what little defense Brown could muster, inevitably leading to a successful Kimura for Jones the obviously superior BJJ artist.

Prediction: Jones TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Result: Jones Submission (Kimura) 0:57 of round 1.

Willem Van Der Weegh vs Daniel Hayden - 265 lbs

I expressed my concerns for Van Der Weegh's well being in my preview of this event and after the fact I am still worried about the fellow. If I could use only one word to describe this fight I suppose brutal would suffice. Both fighters appeared rested, primed, and ready upon entering the cage. That would come to a quick end. The bell rang and Van Der Weegh threw a hook that was a little too wide, and Hayden avoided it with ease. Hayden came back with a 1-2 that sent Van Der Weegh to the mat in lah lah land. For a moment it appeared that Hayden would follow him to the mat, but he stayed up and waved Van Der Weegh to his feet. Hayden then landed a superb combination that had Van Der Weegh out on his feet. The referee had to tackle Hayden to protect the unconscious Van Der Weegh from suffering irreparable damage.

Prediction: Hayden KO (Punches) round 1.

Result: Hayden KO (Punches) 0:12 of round 1.

Phil Ure vs Jack Smith - 265 lbs

This fight matched up two guys with very limited striking ability and purple belts in BJJ. At the onset Smith shot in for a takedown and was stuffed. Then things got somewhat awkward with both fighters waiting to counter off the other. Smith succeeded with his next takedown attempt taking this fight to a place both fighters should have felt at home. Smith seemed content to sit and control, but eventually advanced position to mount. He threw some sloppy strikes, though, and Ure reversed position on him not long after a warning from the referee to improve his position. Ure dropped back for a leg lock that had little chance of landing and somehow maintained dominant positioning. Then he threw out a hail mary trying for a guillotine that had even less of a chance of working. Smith being more experienced in the cage used just a split second lapse of concentration on Ure's part to lock up a triangle. Ure tried to fight it off, but eventually fell unconscious.

Prediction: Smith Submission (Armbar) round 1.

Result: Smith Submission (Triangle) 2:55 of round 1.

Submission of the night Award

Chris Conley vs Demian Maia - 170 lbs

Conley came out in this bout and straight slapped Maia. I don't know if that had some sort of underlying meaning in it, but it sure seemed like it to me. Maia clinched up with Conley where Conley actually landed some decent shots before breaking the clinch for whatever reason. From there Maia spammed takedown attempts geting stuffed time and time again. Conley landing some good shots in between each and every attempt to take the fight to the ground by Maia. Maia eventually managed a takedown about 3 minutes into the first round. He then tried a kimura but it had a snowball chance. Considering Maia's track record the ground was not the best place for Conley to be but he managed to survive and even reverse position at the close of the first round, winning it easily on all cards I would imagine. In the second round Conley got a double leg takedown on Maia who immediately escaped back to standing. The two went back and forth with striking missing as much as landing before Conley threw out a left jab and right to the body that collapsed Maia. Conley moved into mount followed by a barrage of strikes that left the referee with no choice but to stop the contest.

Prediction: Maia Submission (Triangle) round 1.

Result: Conley TKO (Strikes) 2:22 of round 2.

KO of the Night Award

Sergey Chernishev vs Renato Ibanez - 155 lbs

Ibanez came out shooting for a takedown. Chernishev sprawled and tried a counter takedown of his own that failed. Ibanez clinched and Chernishev immediately broke it. Back and forth takedown attempt by Ibanez and counter takedown by Chernishev both failing before Chernishev shot in from the right range and landed in Ibanez's guard. Ibanez tried what he could from his back failing with a couple submission attempts. Then things got even uglier, with both fighters laying and praying. The crowd grew visibly and audibly restless as boos resounded throughout the arena. Chernishev eventually managed to start working some effective ground and pound hurting Ibanez and doing enough to take the first round. The second round wasn't any more entertaining, but Ibanez came out with a takedown and managed to control Chernishev enough to keep the fight on the ground while spamming sub attempts, and ultimately take that round. In the third round Chernishev stuffed Ibanez three times in a row then landed his own takedown. In what was most likely the least exciting match of the night, Ibanez again spammed submissions to no avail and allowed Chernishev to land just enough ground strikes to take this one home.

Prediction: Chernishev TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Result: Chernishev Decision (Unanimous).

Anthony Joshua vs Freddie Adam - 265 lbs

In round one Joshua popped a crisp jab that cut Adam. For reasons unknown Joshua landed a takedown on the clearly superior BJJ player. Joshua stood back up then sprawled on Adam who was stuffed three times trying to take the fight to the ground. Oddly enough Joshua took it to the mat again and smartly stood back up. He opened up the cut on Adam a bit more with a nice tight head shot. Adam finally circumvented Joshua's takedown D with a double leg takedown where he actually had success from the dominant position, managing to land a nice elbow that gashed Joshua with a couple other strikes and failed sub attempts to end off the first round. In the second round the sense of urgency from Adam could be seen by all. Joshua landed some hard shots. An overhand left, an overhand right, then a counter punch that drew cheers from the crowd. Adam gassed himself out trying takedown attempt after takedown attempt, all the while getting peppered by the superior striking ability of Joshua. Closing in on the 1 minute mark of the second round Joshua landed a right hand and a left hook that set Adam flat on his ass. Joshua, in a most spectacular fashion, dove in with a flying punch that connected clean and put Adam to sleep.

Prediction: Joshua TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Joshua KO (Punches) 0:56 of round 2.

Twist Calypso vs Takomi Saka - 170 lbs

This last fight on the main card of the event was a complete surprise to me. Considering Calypso's track record being the former champ, being currently ranked #7 in the entire Honour organization, and winning 5 of 6 fights by KO, I never dreamt this would go the distance. Calypso came out in the first looking to grind in the clinch. Saka didn't want any part of the clinch, not being able to land effectively. It would turn out that would be Calypso's best round, where he found room to do considerable damage in the latter part. Calypso went right back to trying to clinch in the second, but Saka was able to break free much easier, and actually landed effective shots while inside the clinch. Saka staggered Calypso after breaking a clinch early in the second round, that seemed to be a turning point where Saka would take over the reigns for the next two rounds. In the third Calypso would continue to try and clinch allowing Saka to counter. Saka landed meaningful strikes at range that judges kept tabs on. Even in the clinch Saka defended well enough, and landed a few shots of his own to take over on points.

Result: Saka Decision (Unanimous).

Co-Main Event

Random Fighter Three vs Peter Faup - 265 lbs Title

By now everybody in The Underground was sauced up, ripping, and roaring. Faup came out looking to clinch, and seemed a lot quicker than he did when we last saw him back at HFC 22. It started out slow, then Faup got a clinch around 45 seconds into the fight. Fighter Three took it to the mat shortly thereafter, working some hardcore ground and pound on Faup. All Faup could do was cover up and squirm around trying to keep what little positioning he could. It was a bad day for Faup trying to sweep unsuccessfully in between getting hammered and elbowed. Three minutes in Faup gave it one last hoorah, with a loose triangle that Fighter Three easily shrugged off. That's when Fighter Three saw his opening, and landed some digs and hard shots from guard. Finally loading up on a huge left hand, then three devastating shots that called the referee into action. The crowd was enthusiastic to say the least.

Prediction: Fighter Three TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Fighter Three TKO (Strikes) 3:37 of round 1.

Main Event:

Dwayne Johnson vs Reed Money - 170 lbs Title

It felt like an earthquake was rattling the venue when the two big dogs made their entrances. The crowd wanted a standup war, and these two showman were not about to disappoint. Johnson came out digging hard body shots. Money appeared to be playing defense while looking for a clinch. Then Johnson took it to the clinch. At first it looked like Johnson was more effective, but Money stayed in the fight landing in the clinch as well. That trend continued for the first round with Johnson steadily becoming more and more effective, landing more frequently with hard shots, that won him the first round easy. In the early exchanges in the second round Money landed a couple quality shots, but Johnson took it back to the clinch. Expanding on the success he had in the first round he took the same approach with better results. Johnson seemed to be landing harder shots as the fight wore on. Money landed some as well, but was visibly getting gassed trying to escape the clinch, while under a focused attack on the body by Johnson. It was back and forth. A straight up brawl. Each fighter landing strikes and eating them. Finally, with the crowd about to literally tear the roof off the mutha, Johnson scored with a shoulder strike that rocked Money. Johnson went straight to a killer insinct landing bomb after bomb. Honestly I can't tell you if Money ever recovered from being rocked because Johnson never stopped throwing long enough for him to take a breath. Eventually Johnson created just the space he needed to unleash a massive uppercut that sent Money's eyes rolling, off kilter, and catawampus. And if that wasn't enough, he landed several more shots before the referee came in to call it. Excellent fight!

Prediction: Money TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Johnson TKO (Strikes) after 4:27 of round 2.

Fight of the Night Award

Conclusion:

Another truly amazing event by Honour Fighting Championships! You could literally feel the energy coursing through the arena! Everything was in sync and harmonious. Everybody did their job. The staff at HFC, the managers, the cage girls, the announcers, the referees, the bartenders, the crowd, and last but definitely not least, the fighters. It was like a 100 mph wooden roller coaster. An absolute necksnapping thrill ride! All leading up to a downhilll loopty loo of a main event! MMA fans I'd say it was captivating! Now that it's behind us and we have to wait for the next one I wanted to say a few things on behalf of the organization. Honour is looking for fighters in all weight classes to become part of the hype! If you are interested in a contract we invite you to reach out to Henryk Kuzbik (110803). Any other questions, comments, or concerns should be expressed to Enzo Ribeiro (105373). If you've read this far I extend my utmost gratitude. Much appreciated my fellow Tycoonicans.

http://i.imgur.com/c22ERKf.jpg

"The Italian Dream" Marvin Vettori to HFC
4 Wins in a row by Submission in Round 1.
Jayden Evans is the next victim on my list.
#TeamVettori #ValhallaTrainingCenter #StillUndefeated

Honour Fighting Championships Presents:

HFC 28 Pickerage vs Jones (875042)

On December 10, 2016

At Wild Bob's Bar - London

Undercard:

Justin Duponte vs Regin Atkins - 135 lbs

Kicking off the event we have a match in the 135 lb division. Duponte is a wonderful boxer that lost his MMA debut in a quick fight, then signed with Honour and went on to win his next 3 fights by KO. He has since lost his last two fights, and is looking to rebound here against Regin Atkins. Atkins is less skilled in boxing, but still at a proficient level. He has struggled to gain any footing in the MMA game with only 1 win in 5 fights. If I had to come up with a reason he is struggling, it would be because he is over 7 foot tall, and can't even push a scale to 140 lbs. A ridiculous build like that might be better suited to hanging drywall or Christmas lights. If this plays out like it looks on paper it will be a confidence builder for Duponte that should help him get back on the right track.

Prediction: Duponte TKO (Strikes) round 1

Boney Maroney vs James Taylor - 265 lbs

Boney Maroney has a mixed martial arts record of 1-1. He won his debut in a quick fight then lost his first fight under a contract with Honour. He is a remarkable boxer with a little skill in wrestling and a blue belt in BJJ. James Taylor is an 18 year old version of him. Taylor is proficient with boxing, and has identical skill in regards to wrestling and ju jitsu. Both of these fighters are capable of chucking some heavy leather, but Taylor may have more of an upside. This is a hard one to call. I think that Maroney, although he has a 20 cm reach advantage, would do best trying to take this into the clinch. I think Taylor, although having a lot more mma experience, has a softer chin. Either fighter could win the fight if the correct tactics were put into play.

Prediction: Maroney unanimous decision.

Kurt Angle vs Kano Kobayashii - 265+ lbs

Kurt Angle is a strong boxer with a mediocre history of high school wrestling. He has really been struggling which shows in his combined MMA record of 2-4. He has a match here against a Japanese 18 year old with a devastating Muy Thai style. Kano "Finisher" Kobayashii is a young man that just recently signed with Honour Fighting Championships. He is 1-0 with 1 KO in a quick fight. He is coming to show and prove against the seasoned Angle. A loss for Angle here could very well be a death sentence. Either way I believe it will be a win win for Kano.

Prediction: Kobayashii KO (Head Kick) round 1.

Cody Ruttenum vs Jiaan Jatt - 170 lbs

In the meat of the undercard we have Cody Ruttenum, one of eight Ruttenum brothers. Cody has a good dirty boxer style. He stands at 2-2 with 2 KOs, but his 2 losses coming by KO as well. Opposite him in the cage is Jiaan Jatt a 19 year old with wonderful boxing. His mma record is at 2-1 with 2 KOs with his 1 loss coming by submission by Demian Maia at HFC 21. This should set the stage for an entertaining stand and banger. I think Jatt, the orphan that fought for everything he has, will take that mentality into the cage, and clean Ruttenum's clock. Unless...Ruttenum could take this to the ground and use his wrestling.

Prediction: Jatt KO (Punch) round 1.

Main Card:

Dorian Prine vs George Stobbart - 185 lbs

Stobbart is a new face in Honour. He comes into this match at 1-1 in quick fights looking to step up in competition and start gaining popularity and hype. He will be facing a well rounded Dorian Prine who has a well rounded 2-2 mma record to match. Prine, the purple belt submission artist/point fighter could present Stobbart a fellow purple belt submission artist, with a significant obstacle. Prine will be pulling out all the stops to thwart a recent losing streak. He has been KO'ed in his last two outings, but seems to have remained focused and kept any morale issues at bay. With both these fighters at 500 win percentage, it appears Prine should be considered favorite, due to experience and an advantage in striking ability, however limited that may be.

Prediction: Prine Submission (Arm Triangle) round 2.

Libio Do Santos vs Harry Duncan - 185 lbs

We haven't seen Do Santos since he lost to Luke Rockhold at HFC 24 by a punishing TKO. He is a purple belt submission artist witih some background in wrestling. With a mixed martial arts record of 3-1 with 3 Submissions he will be coming into the match looking for redemption against Harry Duncan who has won his last two fights with his Muy Thai clinch. Duncan is 2-2 with 1 KO. I imagine he will try to utilize that taxing Muy Thai clinch against Do Santos who should be at a disadvantage there. The storyline in this fight will be who can take the fight where they want it. If Do Santos can pull guard to takedown Duncan from the clinch it could spell trouble for Duncan.

Prediction: Do Santos Submission (Armbar) round 2.

Lucien Paol vs Randy Miller - 185 lbs

The Frenchman Paol is set to square up with the American "Reckless" Randy Miller in this bout in the 185 lb division. Paol is a purple belt BJJ practitioner with a good background in wrestling. He has been working hard on Muy Thai according to my sources at England Fight Club MMA. We last saw Paol at HFC 25 where he suffered a demoralizing TKO defeat to Enok Jepsen. Randy Miller is a decent looking prospect at only 18 years of age. He brings a Muy Thai clinch style of fighting with him into the cage. He is at 1-1 at this point in his career, and has yet to display the power to score a knockout. Paol has a granite chin by all accounts, and won't make a KO victory any more of a possibility for Miller. This seems like a tough one to call and will undoubtedly come down to tactics.

Prediction: Paol Submission (Triangle) round 1.

Scott Powell vs Yoshimasa Porter - 135 lbs

Scott Powell started his career with Honour. He came out of the gates on a 3-0 tear winning those all by TKO, including a fight for the title against Renan Faber. He then lost the title to Mike Perry, came back with a win against My Name, and lost a title fight rematch against Mike Perry. Looking at his history, it looks as if he may have been pushed a little too hard too quickly, in my humble opinion of course. Powell brings his Muy Thai style with heavy elbows to the cage against a dirty boxer by the name of Yoshimasa Porter who comes from the Netherlands. Porter has aspirations of expanding on his early success in quick fights with a newly signed contract with the Honour organization. He stands at 4-0 with 2 KOs. This should be a stand up fight with chins getting tested. Powell has a 3 fight experience advantage, but from what I have been hearing from those close to the fighter, he seems to have a serious lack of morale which will effect his performance in the cage without a doubt. Win or lose I think it would be in his best interest to take a week or two off and maybe go on a shopping spree at one of the many great clothing companies in the Tycooniverse.

Prediction: Porter unanimous decision.

Co-Main Event:

Antonio Silva vs Jake Johnson - 265 lbs

The Brazilian Antonio Silva is coming back under new management. He is one of the most popular fighters in the organization. The one time champion in the 265 lb division lost a pair of fights against the current champ Random Fighter Three by TKOs due to cuts. Because of these losses he has slipped in rank to 33rd. He was released by his former manager due to strong disagreements. He comes back ready to turn things around under new manager Slobo Dragovic, who has years of experience in the mma game. Jake Johnson is a remarkable boxer who had a great run in college wrestling at UNLV. He is also looking for redemption after suffering a similar TKO loss due to a cut. This is an interesting matchup between two warriors trying to right their respective ships. Silva has an edge in wrestling whereas Johnson has the advantage in boxing. Other than that these young men are very comparable. Both show a tendency to cut so defensive strategies are key to victory.

Prediction: Silva TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Main Event:

Taylor Pickerage vs Tito Jones - 185 lbs

The current champ of the 185 lb division is responsible for the only 3 losses on these two fighters records. He defeated Pickerage by TKO (Strikes) at HFC 16, and he defeated Jones twice by TKO (Strikes) at HFC 10, and HFC 20. I imagine promoters, match makers, and Rockhold himself will be paying close attention to this match. Pickerage seems to be the better boxer and wrestler with Jones showing an advantage with Muy Thai. Pickerage has a MMA record of 4-1 with 3 KOs. Jones has struggled when compared with Pickerage and sits at 4-2 with 2 KOs. Both fighters are apprentice level BJJ students with blue belts, but I don't see this fight being fought on the ground. Pickerage will likely try to use his strength in the clinch to dictate the pace with a dirty boxing style, and test Jones' chin. Jones with an 8 cm reach advantage should try to score from range. With the coming of super events with all titles on the line approaching, both fighters should have their war faces on.

Prediction: Pickerage TKO (Punches) round 2.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31b28.jpg

Keyser Soze (300715) Presents Practical Predictions:

Hi guys; as you may have seen; myself and my colleagues in Chael Mir's management stable have decided to embark on a project called Practical Predictions. This is for the purpose of keeping our fans in the community updated on what we are thinking about our fights, making predictions for both lovers and haters to get fired up about. Another thing is we wanna clean up these forums with some educated analysis on our upcoming fights; we'd like to provide an alternative to the 'Just Bleed' and 'Who da Fook' mentalities that we see in interviews and rants printed all across these pages.

Anyways, my fight with Lodewijk Platje is coming up in 3 days time and I wanna give you guys my own breakdown of the fight:

Loedwijk is a a very durable and tough opponent. He is a good athlete, who's biggest strength is no secret, the clinch game. He has some really good elbows, and whilst he has knockout power, has proved he can go the distance as well. He is obviously an older man than myself and is likely to be physically stronger than me.

All of these things mean that I have to be prepared to go three hard rounds come the 14th, so Cardio has been a massive part of this camp for me. My MMA debut was a Split Decision win; it wasn't a bad performance but I'll be looking to win more convincingly this time round. I'll be looking to showcase my skills and look for the finish.

Ultimately I'll be looking to take the centre of the cage in order to avoid the clinch against the cage, which Lodewijk will inevitably want. I feel I am a vastly superior boxer, which I will use to my advantage in this fight. I will establish a jab, look for the 1-2, and try to set a pace in 1st round which my opponent will not be able to deal with; I will look to make it an out-fighting striking clinic. Like I said, he is tough opponent, I'm not going to just walk through him, but I do believe I'll be able to make him wilt. I will punish him with combinations of punches and kicks to the legs, body and head, and I believe I will overwhelm him, and stop him either late in the 2nd round or early in the 3rd round. He has done very well when he is able to bully guys; he will not bully me, I will win decisively.

See you again for my next fight

Keyser Soze

Chael Mir's Management Team

ICON Alliance Entourage

HFC 28 Pickerage vs Jones Results and Review

On December 10, 2016

Event Rating: 82.76

Attendance: 750 (Sold Out)

Foreword:

Honour Fighting Championships has let it be known that they intend on putting together Super Events for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. As a result of this there would be a few events with no title fights on the card. This was one of these events, but it should be noted that it was in no way inferior to what we've come to expect with Honour. This was an action packed event from start to finish. There was one decision and one submission. The other eight fights were decided by knock out! I don't know how you feel about results like that, but I can dig it! So let us take a look at how each fight went down.

Under Card:

Justin Duponte vs Regin Atkins - 135 lbs

In the opening fight of the evening we had a fight in the 135 lb bantamweight division. This fight was the first of eight KOs in the event. At the starting bell Duponte came out swinging. It was apparent Atkins had no other strategy outside of landing a takedown. Duponte wasn't as accurate as he probably would have liked, but he landed enough, and coupled with Atkins excessive failed takedown attempts to completely gas Atkins out. In the end Duponte bounced Atkins off the cage with a hard uppercut which rocked Atkins then followed with a perfect overhand right that knocked him out cold. It may be time for Atkins to contemplate a career change.

Prediction: Duponte TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Duponte KO (Punch) 1:13 of round 1.

Boney Maroney vs James Taylor - 265 lbs

This fight started out slow with 1 counter punch landed by Maroney at the 1:00 minute mark. Things stayed pretty much the same in the next minute, but Maroney landed a few more counters and tried a few takedowns. He was stuffed on all attempts with Taylor looking to keep the fight on the feet at all costs. In the closing seconds of round 1 Maroney landed a crisp counter right that dropped Taylor. Taylor showed good heart though, and managed to recover but still lost the round. In round 2 Taylor came out missing with a body shot allowing Maroney to count with a right, left combo that wobbled Taylor yet again. Maroney then followed up with a devastating right hook that cold cocked Taylor.

Prediction: Maroney unanimous decision.

Result: Maroney KO (Punches) 0:05 of round 2.

KO of the Night Award

Kurt Angle vs Kano Kobayashii - 265+ lbs

Despite being a decision this was a very entertaining fight which highlighted the matchmaking talent within the Honour Fighting Championships organization. As I expected Kobayashii came out looking for high kicks. He couldn't seem to maintain enough balance to land more than he missed with Angle constantly trying for takedowns and clinches. Oddly enough Angle pulled guard out of a successful clinch attempt, then advanced to mount and stood up. Kobayashii managed to win that round by a slim margin with similar action to close it out. Angle came out and dominated the second round by clinching and pulling guard. Again he advanced to mount and stood up, but never let Kobayashii find range for his dangerous kicks. The third round saw Angle clinching and pulling guard yet again. This time though he spammed some sub attempts, but could never catch Kobayashii off guard. In the end I think Angle's advantage in experience paid dividends as he did just enough to keep Kobayashii from doing any damange or scoring enough with the judges, which led to a decision win for the seasoned veteran.

Prediction: Kobayashii KO (Head Kick) round 1.

Result: Kurt Angle unanimous decision.

Cody Ruttenum vs Jiaan Jatt - 170 lbs

Jatt came out digging in Ruttenum's body looking like he was the more aggressive fighter. In the initial seconds of the fight Jatt landed a 3 punch combo that cut Ruttenum. Ruttenum began looking for counters and landed a few. Then Jatt threw a beautiful combo that managed to knock down Ruttenum. Jatt beckoned him back to his feet. Jatt then missed with a sloppy left hand and allowed Ruttenum to connect with a straight left counter which cut Jatt. With both men cut and bleeding Jatt continued to look for combos, and Ruttenum waiting to capitalize on Jatt's aggressiveness with counters. Eventually Jatt missed with a right hand and Ruttenum came over the top with a brutal right hand that stumbled Jatt. Ruttenum instantly went in for the kill as Jatt slumps to the floor under a barrage of punches. An excellent fight that really could have went either way!

Prediction: Jatt KO (Punch) round 1.

Result: Ruttenum TKO (Strikes) 1:28 of round 1.

Main Card:

Dorian Prine vs George Stobbart - 185 lbs

Kicking off the main card we had a match with two fighters with basic striking abilities. With this knowledge a ground fight was to be expected and for the first two rounds this is what they gave us. In round 1 Stobbart initiated things by shooting in and landing a takedown into Prine's guard. Honestly it was uneventful other than non-stop sub attempt spam from both fighters. Stobbart managed to win the round by maintaining a little better control. In the second round Stobbart again shot in for a successful takedown. This time Prine pulled a slick move and slipped around to take Stobbarts back. Stobbart stayed calm and avoided the inevitable rear naked choke and ultimately regained guard leading to more sub attempt spam from both fighters with no success. Prine with the move to take Stobbart's back did enough to knot the contest up 1 round each moving into the final round. At the start of round 3 Prine went for a high kick that partially landed and cut Stobbart. I don't know if he had trouble with his vision but Prine then landed a nice two punch combo that rocked Stobbart. After that Stobbart was stuffed on every takedown attempt and Prine cracked Stobbart with a hard hook to the ribs. In a most spectacular fashion Prine shot in for a takedown and slammed Stobbart onto queer street then pounded down on him with a brutal barrage of strikes. Amazing turn of events!

Prediction: Prine Submission (Arm Triangle) round 2.

Result: Prine TKO (Slam) 0:30 of round 3.

Libio Do Santos vs Harry Duncan - 185 lbs

The second fight on the main card was Libio Do Santos vs Harry Duncan in the 185 lb division. It had been a while since we saw Do Santos who suffered a KO defeat at the hands of the current champ of the division Luke Rockhold. Duncan came out in the fight and snatched Do Santos up in the clinch. Do Santos did next to nothing inside the grasp of Duncan who started working Do Santos over with knees to the body and elbows over the top which opened up a cut. One thing I noticed very early in the first round was that Do Santos appeared to be getting gassed out fast. Duncan absolutely dominated the first round pummelling Do Santos with hard knees to the mid section. It wouldn't take long in the second round for Duncan to seal the deal. Duncan focused more on elbows and knees to the head. Do Santos again was manhandled with the exception of a few failed takedown attempts. Eventually Duncan connected with a series of elbows that ended Do Santos' night a lot earlier than he would have liked.

Prediction: Do Santos Submission (Armbar) round 2.

Result: Duncan TKO (Strikes) 1:30 of round 2.

Lucien Paol vs Randy Miller - 185 lbs

Next in line to do battle was Lucien Paol and Randy Miller. This fight wouldn't last long and woud be the only submission of the night. The fight started out with Miller trying to clinch and Paol trying to land a takedown. They went back and for several times before Paol dove in and powered into Miller's guard. Paol, being far superior to Miller in BJJ, advanced to side control almost immediately. From side control Paol tried three different attempts to submit Miller. The third time was a charm. Paol locked up a kimura on Miller and forced the tap.

Prediction: Paol Submission (Triangle) round 1.

Result: Paol Submission (Kimura) 1:37 of round 1.

Submission of the Night Award

Scott Powell vs Yoshimasa Porter - 135 lbs

Rounding out the main card on the event was a fight with Scott Powell vs Yoshimasa in the 135 lb division. Porter came out and sized up Powell with a few shots to find his range, He then sured up a clinch. Both fighters showed good defense in the clinch and more shots were blocked than landed. In the initial exchanges it looked like Powell was the more effective fighter. Porter broke the clinch, recollected himself, then clinched up again. This time both fighters started landing more shots. It had the feeling of a fight that could go either way with just one good shot. Porter may have landed that shot with a nice punch to the side of Powell's head. Powell was visibly rocked and never recovered. Porter broke the clinch and blasted Powell with an excellent left hook that dropped Powell. Powell did all he could to gather himself, but Porter's killer instinct took over. Porter mounted Powell and bombed on him until he landed a crushing shot that laid him out. The crowd was hysterical!

Prediction: Porter unanimous decision:

Result: Porter TKO (Strikes) 3:10 of round 1.

Fight of the Night Award

Co-Main Event:

Antonio Silva vs Jake Johnson - 265 lbs

In my preview of this event I expressed concern for a tendency to cut by both fighters. I felt that this was common knowledge and the fighters themselves or managers and coaches would have to work out some sort of game plan to try to combat this. The fight started out slow other than a hook to the jaw from Johnson that opened up that dreaded cut on Silva. Johnson was more accurate and his strikes had more mustard on them. Just over two minutes into the fight Johnson dropped Silva with a beautiful combination that also made the bad cut on Silva even worse. Three minutes in and Johnson clinched up with Silva then threw a shoulder strike that was aimed directly at that cut. Closing out the first round Johnson landed and Silva whiffed. I'm sure the steady stream of blood created vision problems for Silva. In the second round Johnson clinched again and opened the cut even wider. The remainder of the fight was just insult to injury as Silva could never againt mount any offense on the way to a blind hook in the clinch from Johnson that brought the doctor in to wave off the contest. Nasty stuff!

Prediction: Silva TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Johnson TKO (Cut) 1:56 of round 2.

Main Event:

Taylor Pickerage vs Tito Jones - 185 lbs

Jones came out in the main event, as expected, kicking. He landed a nice inside leg kick, but that small success would mirror the minuscule success Jones would enjoy in the entirety of the fight. Pickerage took it to the clinch. Jones escaped the clinch at first, but Pickerage took it right back. In the clinch Pickerage manhandled Jones, scoring at will with hard body shots, and tight shots up top. Jones landed a few elbows that didn't amount to a hill of beans, and was eventually rocked by a short shot on the inside from Pickerage. As he's done in the past Jones showed good heart and recovered from being rocked, but ultimately lost the first round by a wide margin. In round two Pickerage went back to the clinch, and never let Jones have a second to breath. Pickerage landed nearly every shot, while Jones failed with several attempts to pull guard and break the clinch. Eventually Pickerage pushed Jones up against the cage and unleashed a hardcore right hook that put Jones on the mat. Jones tried to get up again, but the referee pulled the plug. Pickerage looks to be coming into his own as we move on toward the upcoming super events. Hats off to this young man.

Prediction: Pickerage TKO (Punches) round 2.

Result: Pickerage TKO (Strikes) 1:39 of round 2.

Conclusion:

Honour Fighting Championships has recently scaled back events in anticipation for previously announced super events on Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. This has in no way effected the results of recent events. HFC 28 was another example of this. Despite not having a title fight on the card it was a great success. Selling out Wild Bob's Bar in London then putting on a clinic with back and forth battles with only one fight making it to the judges hands. It's really amazing to see how good things are going first hand. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to play what little part I can play in it. As always, Honour Fighting Championships is actively recruiting fighters in all weight classes. HFC could use some big boys to fill out the 265+ division, but as I stated they are always looking for fighters in any weight class. If you are interested in a contract we encourage you to contact Henryk Kuzbik. Any other questions should be directed to Enzo Ribeiro. HFC 29 Calypso vs Neuffer set for December 14, 2016, is fast approaching! Be there!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1480566953HFC%2029.png

HFC 29 Calypso vs Neuffer (875784)

On December 14, 2016

Under Card:

Flynn Williams vs Fred Jackson - 185 lbs

Starting off HFC 29 we have a 185 lb battle. Flynn Williams is making his debut with Honour. Being 18 years old he only has 1 quick fight under his belt which he won by a KO from punches. He looks like an intelligent fighter with a variety of striking abilities. He'll be taking on Fred Jackson who won his debut with Honour at HFC 27 with a unanimous decision over Lazovicz The BiG MaN. Jackson is a confident fighter with solid Muy Thai. One of these fighters will be exiting the cage with their first defeat. This will come down to tactics.

Prediction: Jackson TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Lodewijk Platje vs Keyser Soze - 145 lbs

In the next bout we have two more newcomers to the Honour organization. Lodewijk Platje of the was an Olympic wrestler in his country The Netherlands. He is also a proficient practitioner of Muy Thai with ruthless elbows and evident KO power. On the other side of the cage will be Keyser Soze another Muy Thai fighter with some complimentary boxing and wrestling skill. This Turkish youngster is just 19 years of age with a 1-0 record. Platje has a wealth of experience compared to Soze with a MMA record of 7-2. Soze has a good upside, but at this point I'm not convinced he will be able to close the deal on the seasoned veteran.

Prediction: Platje by unanimous decision.

Kevin PercivalH vs Jason Taylor - 205 lbs

Kevin PercivalH is a wonderful wrestler with a blue belt in BJJ. His record stands at 2-1 with 2 KOs. He is coming off a loss to Karl Wick at HFC 27 by a TKO (Cut). Jason Taylor is mediocre in all skills with an apparent focus in wrestling. His record is 3-2 with 2 KOs. He broke the .500 mark with his last fight also at HFC 27 by TKO'ing Wouter Leg Lock. Neither of these two are what we would consider strikers, but if we had to pick the better fighter in that regard it would have to be Taylor. With this being said I think that the fight will end up on the ground. I see PercivalH grinding out some sort of ground and pound victory.

Prediction: PercivalH TKO (Strikes) round 1.

AJ Rumble vs Captain Wrestlefuck - 205 lbs

The recurring theme seems to be new faces in the organization and this is great news for all of us! AJ Rumble will be making his debut with Honour. He is a youngster at 18 years of age. This American from Georgia has shown KO power as his record of 2-0 with 2 KOs would suggest. He has basic striking ability, but is apparently very quick and/or agile in this level of competition. I spoke to the young man about his career in MMA and he confidently told me, "If I make the weight you will lose....by a KO." Facing him is one Captain Wrestlefuck, with a record of 3-2 with 2 KOs. Wrestlefuck is a superb wrestler. I know right? Who would have thunk that? If this one goes down like I envision it should be a good one.

Prediction: Rumble TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Main Card:

Marvin Vettori vs Jayden Evans - 155 lbs

Jayden Evans is a newcomer to the Honour Fighting Championships. He is 1-0 with 1 KO. He won his only fight thus far by a ground and pound style TKO. Evans is a superb wrestler who has worked to implement elements of Muy Thai striking into his arsenal and also has a blue belt in ju-jitsu. He will be making a substantial leap in level of competition facing Marvin Vettori. Vettori is a brow belt BJJ submission artist scheduled for his second fight with Honour. This Italian won his debut with Honour at HFC 27 submitting Watari Hart by a first round arm triangle. Vettori is 4-0 with 4 submissions to his credit, as well as capturing the Featherweight title in TD, Helsinki. The way it looks Evans may be biting off a bit more than he can chew.

Prediction: Vettori Submission (Kimura) round 1.

Negan Finnigan vs James Ritchie -155 lbs

Negan "The Bat" Finnigan is a remarkable boxer with proficient wrestling. He has won all 3 of his MMA fights by way of KO. Finnigan has worked almost exclusively striking at range. To win his debut with Honour he may need to stick to that gameplan against James Ritchie, a ground and pound type fighter who holds a purple belt in BJJ. The Irishman will be making his debut as well. He is 2-0 with 2 KOs and seems to favor taking down opponents then working from top positions, but he does have decent kicks. One of these fighters will leave the event with their first professional loss.

Prediction: Finnigan TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Marcus Morbius vs Lazovicz The BiG MaN - 185 lbs

Another fighter ready to take on his first opponent within HFC is Marcus Morbius. Marcus is a brown belt submission artist with a record of 6-1 with 6 submissions. He comes into this event, under new manager Fat Mike, prepared to stir the pot in a division that is already busting out the seams with talent. Lazovicz The BiG MaN will be here to welcome Morbius in some form or fashion. Lazovicz has really struggled as of late, losing his last three. He is a well rounded fighter, and if his team doesn't find a certain area to specialize in, he may find himself serving as a career stepping stone for fighters like Morbius.

Prediction: Morbius Submission (Arm Triangle) round 1.

David James vs Max Steele - 205 lbs

In the last fight on the main card we have an 18 year old hometown favorite, David James. This young man has just scratched the surface of his career with a MMA record of 2-0 with 1 KO. Mainly known for his Olympic wrestling, James has been training up all aspects of mixed martial arts at FIERCE gym, and shows a natural ability to maintain clinch control. His opponent will be American fighter Max Steele who has a purple belt in BJJ. Steele is 2-1 with 2 submissions with his last fight netting him Submission of the Night at HFC 25 against Mike Rockhold. He will surely aim to pull guard if he finds himself in James' Thai clinch. The question will be...Can he do so?

Prediction: James TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Co-Main Event:

Reed Money vs Greg Landlaw - 170 lbs

Reed "Manlow" Money appears to have ironed out some wrinkles outside of the cage by moving on to new manager James Logan after a demoralizing loss to Dwayne Johnson at HFC 26 for the title. Currently he is at 4-2 with 4 KOs. We all know his sprawl and brawl fighting style. Now we will see what kind of heart he has going against Greg "Greco" Landlaw, another brown belt submission artist who displays proficient skills in the Muy Thai discipline. Greco stepped onto the Honour playing field at HFC 27 defeating Rodrigo Gallardo by RNC, and winning the Submission of the Night award. This looks like the right fight at the right time for both these guys. Money needs a confidence boost after losing that title fight which a win over Landlaw would produce, while Landlaw could be catapulted up the ranks with a victory against a fighter with the pedigree of Money.

Prediction: Money TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Main Event:

Twist Calypso vs Marko Neuffer

Calypso is one of the most well known and well liked fighters within Honour Fighting Championships. He is the former Champion of the 170 lb division. He won the title back at HFC 6, and went on to successfully defend it three times, before losing to current champ Dwayne Johnson. Since then he is 1-1 and has slipped to 18th rank in the organization. He is in a similar place as Money from the Co-Main event where he needs a confidence builder. Insert Marko Neuffer a German with strong boxing. Neuffer also has some medicore skill in wrestling as well as a blue belt in ju-jitsu. He only has 1 professional fight, which he won by KO (Punch) in a quick fight roughly a month ago, so this could be a long night (or more likely a short night) for him. I like the heart this kid shows accepting a contest with a fighter like Calypso. Who knows. Neuffer may shock us all, but probability would suggest that Calypso gets a fairly easy win to start his ascent back up the Honour ranks.

Markus Drotske (#5 HFC LHW)

"The media is making more of this than it is. I've said it before and I'll say it again - there's NO beef between myself and Evan Peters. He just finds himself in the unfortunate position of being in my way to the top and he needs to justify his ranking by fighting me or go find something more suitable to do like Ballet or Yoga!"

Keyser Soze (300715) presents Practical Predictions

So my last fight didn't go exactly how I wanted; I didn't get the finish, however I still feel I proved some critics wrong by getting the win, and all in all was pretty happy with my performance. My next fight with Daerion Leafshard was taken on 5 days notice, and I'm very happy that the org offered me a fight on such short notice. That said; this is a tough short notice opponent; he has pretty good boxing and hits very hard, so I will have to be defensively sound. However; the striking element is also where I shine, and I feel like I'm a bit better at it than he is. He may be the better pure boxer, but I am more well rounded, being a good boxer but also having dangerous kicks. I also think I apply a higher volume than my opponent does. My strategy will be to be patient; try not to take too much damage or get into a brawl which favours my opponent. I will limit his movement with kicks to the legs and body, then I will overwhelm him with strikes to the face. I believe my pressure will be too much for him; I think it is too much for most fighters in the division. I believe I will finish him late in the 2nd round and earn myself a handsome new contract.

See you guys next time

Keyser Soze

Chael Mir's Management Team

ICON Alliance Entourage

Honour Fighting Championships Presents

HFC 34 (877372)

On January 14, 2017

In association with Vandal & Laundry

Renato Ibanez vs Grzegorz Gorski - 155 lbs

First up will be Renato Ibanez vs Grzegorz Gorski. Ibanez is a Brazilian grappler with a professional record of 4-2 with 3 Submissions. Ibanez is 2-2 in Honour, and training under manager Milo Paris, it appears that all of his hard work is starting to pay dividends. He comes to this event ready for a 3 fight win streak. This has the makings of a chess match on the mat. Ibanez's opponent will be a 19 year old from Krakow, by the name of Grzegorz Gorski. He has a MMA record of 6-1 with 6 Submissions. He has fought early and often starting out his career building his record to 5-1 in QFCs. He signed with Honour, and won his debut over Sergey Chernishev. Gorski has the edge in experience, but with the high probability of this fight taking place almost entirely on the mat, he will need to bring his A game against his brown belt opponent.

Prediction: Ibanez Submission (Armbar) round 1.

Tito Jones vs Robert Harris - 185 lbs

I've mentioned before that Tito Jones is the first fighter that I started working with in the MMA world. He is a well rounded fighter, and as I've come to learn the hard way, well rounded fighters in the MMA Tycoon world translate into well rounded win/loss records. I assured him that I would continue to do my absolute best to put him in positions to win, but our relationship could be coming to an end. Robert Harris is a well rounded fighter as well, but the key difference is, he is a young man that has plenty of time to hone in on specific skills, as he is only 19 years of age. Harris is 2-0 with a strong wrestling base. He comes into this fight under manager Wan Wilder, primed and ready to use Jones as a stepping stone.

Prediction: Harris TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Duncan Macleod vs Louie DePalma - 205 lbs

Duncan Macleod has a record of 3-2 with 3 KOs. Working under manager Darren Hayden this 19 year old Scot began his career fighting for SP ICON. With a natural ability to throw some lethal kicks, he is a well rounded fighter who has been part of some exciting fights, and he is ready to face Louie DePalma here for his HFC debut. DePalma has an exceptional boxing game at 19 years of age. He comes to this event to make his debut as well. Training under manager Sami Assasi he is 1-1 with 1 KO. Macleod has the advantage in experience, and this will be a definite test for DePalma. Macleod has shown KO Power and DePalma has a granite chin. Who can utilize their skill set to dictate where the fight will take place?

Prediction: Macleod KO (Head Kick) round 2.

Keyser Soze vs Harold Hitman - 145 lbs

Keyser Soze is an undefeated Turkish fighter with wonderful Muy Thai. This outspoken fighter who trains under Chael Mir has a record of 3-0 with 1 KO. He has said that he feels he is going to walk through the 145 lb division. Harold Hitman says, "We'll see about that!" Hitman is 1-1 with 1 KO. His only two fights have come in QFCs. Manager Nath Maron signed his British 20 year old to a contract with Honour, and told me that if Soze thinks he is going to walk through Hitman, he will be in for a rude awakening. Hitman has wonderful boxing skills, and has worked his wrestling game at Armbreakers/BJJ gym, in preparation for this debut fight with HFC.

Prediction: Soze TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Ajax Athanas vs John Riverson - 265+ lbs

Ajax Athanas, who hails out of Sparta, will make the trip to London to fight John Riverson who will enter the cage in front of his hometown crowd. There is very little to go by with Athanas as he has only had one professional fight that lasted 25 seconds. The good news is he showed excellent boxing ability, and won that fight by KO (Punch). Training under manager Jonah King, the 19 year old will be making his Honour debut. Riverson has been busy starting out his professional MMA career. He has a record of 2-4 with 2 Submissions. The 25 year old has competent Muy Thai with a blue belt in BJJ, and respectable wrestling. Having lost 3 of his last 4 outings, he has signed with HFC desperately ready to start chalking up some wins.

Prediction: Riverson Submission (Triangle) round 1.

Fedor Sinyavin vs James Taylor - 265 lbs

Fedor Sinyavin is a 19 year old Russian with wonderful boxing as his first and foremost skill. Only having had one fight in a QFC he is at 1-0 with 1 KO, and claims to be ready to make his debut with Honour here at HFC 34. James Taylor has been fighting a lot longer than his opponent, and has a professional record of 3-4 with 2 KOs. He has really been struggling of late losing his last 3 fights. The 19 year old seems to have a huge heart, and has still been working to better himself at FIERCE gym under manager Darren Hayden. This may be his swansong if he can't put together a win against the clearly less experienced Sinyavin.

Prediction: Sinyavin TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Nummer Tretton vs Max Steele - 205 lbs

Nummer Tretton won his debut with Honour at HFC 24. The 19 year old Swede has strong boxing and a blue belt in BJJ. He has been spending a lot of time with manager Christian Johansson at his private gym working on his wrestling. Max Steele is 2-2 with 2 Submissions. He is 1-2 since joining Honour, and his manager Hank Sambo informed me they have been battling morale issues, as a result of recent losses and personal problems. Steele is a purple belt ju-jitsu student with well rounded skills in other disciplines. Can he get his mind right and remain focused for this battle with Tretton?

Prediction: Tretton TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Flynn Williams vs George Stobbart - 185 lbs

Flynn Williams debuted with Honour at HFC 29, where he battled Fred Jackson for a grueling 3 rounds only to find himself knotted up in a draw. At 18 years of age he is well rounded with Muy Thai and wrestling as his main two weapons. He is currently 1-0-1 with 1 KO, and without question ready to put that last fight behind him. George Stobbart is an American with a purple belt in BJJ, and some degree of familiarity with wrestling. Having lost his debut with HFC via a vicious TKO (Slam) at the hands of Dorian Prine, Stobbart is likewise ready to move forward.

Prediction: Williams TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Shamus McGillicuddy vs Cub Lamas - 145 lbs TITLE

Shamus McGillicuddy is 2-0 with 2 KOs. He won his MMA debut in a QFC via KO (Punch), then signed with Honour and won a fight against Jack Jackhammer via another KO (Punch) which won the KO of the Night Award. This 25 year old Irishman trains under Master Po, who I seem to have grown very fond of over the years. Predominantly a wrestler with respectable Muy Thai, McGillicuddy is your run of the mill sprawl and brawler. Climbing the ranks due to a little luck, and a little skill, he finds himself in a title fight against a very formidable Cub Lamas. Lamas is well known, and has had the title for a big part of his career. Lamas has wonderful boxing, and respectable wrestling, leaving the door open for this to be a stand up war. The 26 year old Brit has a very big advantage in experience with a record of 7-1 with 5 KOs.

Prediction: Lamas KO (Punch) round 2.

Stadin Kingi vs Martin Clinton - 185 lbs

Coming into professional mixed martial arts fighting under contract with Alliance Wars, Stadin Kingi a remarkable Finnish wrestler, went 4-1 with 3 KOs. Under manager Marky Mark, the 19 year old was ready for a change, and they decided to make the move to Honour Fighting Championships. Kingi is also a strong boxer with a blue belt in BJJ. He shows all the signs of a promising prospect. He has a granite chin and knows how to win fights. Ranked number 8 within the Honour organization he has the feeling that a title shot is within reach if he can take out Martin Clinton in his HFC debut here. Martin Clinton, a 26 year old from Taiwan, has never tasted defeat. Ranked 7 in the organization he has a record of 6-0 with 4 KOs. A strong wrestler and practitioner of Muy Thai, Clinton has the makings of a sprawl and braw type fighter. This is his second fight for Honour, and he knows that the winner of this contest will be highly regarded when it comes time for a 185 lb title fight.

Prediction: Kingi TKO (Strikes) round 2.

HFC 34 (877372) Event Review and Results

Introduction:

Honour Fighting Championships is keeping on keeping on. Partnered up with Vandal & Laundry the 300k+ ID organization is steadily putting together one great event after another. In front of a sold out crowd at Wild Bob's Bar this up and coming organization did not disappoint.

Renato Ibanez vs Grzegorz Gorski - 155 lbs

The first fight of the evening was the only fight to go the distance. I try to find something positive about every fight to point out in a review, but this one is giving me a hard way to go. I guess the positive is that it was the first fight, and it was over and done with early, allowing the other more entertaining fights to take over. Ibanez came out trying to take the fight to the mat which he did. On the ground the pace was slow and the crowd was noticibly displeased. Ibanez did just enough grounding and pounding to win all rounds and the fight as a whole. On the feet Gorski did better with striking at range, but couldn't prevent Ibanez' takedowns or do anything to score points on the ground.

Prediction: Ibanez Submission (Armbar) round 1.

Result: Ibanez Unanimous Decision.

Tito Jones vs Robert Harris - 185 lbs

Harris came out head hunting. Jones basically only having Muy Thai to lean on tried kick after kick to no avail. Harris was clearly superior in stand up moving well to avoid kick attempts from Jones, and landing hard counters. By the time all was said and done Jones had landed 1 head kick, and 1 body kick, and those were not crisp strikes. Harris landed 10 hard head shots, and ultimately got through to Jones' suspect chin to stop this fight via KO (Punch). I have made it known publicly that Jones was the first fighter I agreed to manage, and now it's time to learn from the experience, and move forward.

Prediction: Harris TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Result: Harris KO (Punch) 2:51 of round 1.

KO of the Night Award.

Duncan Macleod vs Louie DePalma - 205 lbs

In this fight Macleod came out kicking as to be expected, but he never could connect. DePalma got the better of all the exchanges in this short lived fight. Macleod could never find his range, and DePalma made him pay with every miss. Just under a minute into the fight Macleod appeared to be sucking wind. This was most likely the result of missed kicks, and a hard body kick and two more body shots from DePalma, that landed with authority. Eventually Macleod whiffed on a body kick allowing DePalma to knock him down with a hard right hand. DePalma let him up looking for a finish, which he found off yet another counter. A massive hook from DePalma would end Macleod's night early.

Prediction: Macleod KO (Head Kick) round 2.

Result: DePalma KO (Punch) 0:56 of round 1.

Keyser Soze vs Harold Hitman - 145 lbs

As soon as things got under way it appeared that Soze had a plan in place, and executed it to perfection. The 19 year old Soze looked quick and agile, and widened the gap on that advantage with a flawless barrage of kicks to Hitman's legs and mid-section. Hitman, a pure boxer, just couldn't seem to deal with the kicks from the Muy Thai fighter. Hitman didn't connect very often at all, but did manage to cut Soze in the first round. He also showed the heart of a warrior recovering from being rocked by Soze just a minute into the first round. Hitman put in a valiant effort lasting as long as he did, but on this night he was just simply outclassed. Compu-Strike totals for the contest were 24 (21) head punch, 19 (9) body punch, 2 (1) punch combo, 10 (7) head kick, 25 (25) body kick, and 21 (21) leg kicks for Soze, and 28 (5) head punch, 9 (3) body punch, and 1 (0) punch combo for Hitman.

Prediction: Soze TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Soze TKO (Kick and Punches) 4:22 of round 2.

Fight of the Night Award

Ajax Athanas vs John Riverson - 265+ lbs

Two big boys making their Honour debuts here. Riverson came out trying for takedowns, but Athanas the 19 year old showed good athleticism sprawling on all occasions. Athanas landed a hard right hand that knocked Riverson down just seconds into the bout. Riverson sprung back to his feet, but was rocked and cut. Going back to what he knows Riverson tried more takedown attempts with no success. Riverson was gassed out quicky and dropped his hands allowing Athanax to connect with a shot to the temple that staggered and dropped the big man. The ref dived in to stop any unecessary punishment because it was clearly over for Riverson who has some work to do now on a 3 fight losing streak.

Prediction: Riverson Submission (Triangle) round 1.

Result: Athanax KO (Punch) 0:45 of round 1.

Fedor Sinyavin vs James Taylor - 265 lbs

Let me break down this 8 second fight. Uh....Taylor walked into a left hand from Sinyavin. Sinyavin landed a monster right hand that had the crowd on their feet. Then Taylor spaced out and Sinyavin pounced in with a tight three punch combo that knocked Taylor out cold. Sinyavin is no joke when it comes to boxing skill and power. Taylor with 4 consecutive losses may want to consider a career change.

Prediction: Sinyavin TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Sinyavin KO (Punches) 0:08 of round 1.

Nummer Tretton vs Max Steele - 205 lbs

Tretton, the 19 year old Swede with strong boxing put on a clinic against the well rounded Max Steele. Steele landed a head kick and a leg kick in this 57 second fight. Tretton moved well, bobbing and weaving, and connecting with hard shots. I think the difference here was Tretton's boxing skill, and Steele's lack thereof. Steele, while already losing the standup battle badly, seemed to be circling to his left in this fight. It was not long before he realized this was grave mistake circling into a superior boxer's power. Coming up on a minute in to the fight Tretton connected with a straight right that rang Steele's bell.

Prediction: Tretton TKO (Strikes) round 1.

Result: Tretton KO (Punch) 0:57 of round 1.

Flynn Williams vs George Stobbart - 185 lbs

Both of these fighters are young, but Williams had the uphill battle with no experience in BJJ, and mediocre skill in other disciplines. Stobbart didn't have a wealth of ability either, but he capitalized on his best chance at victory having a purple belt in BJJ. Stobbart came out looking to take the fight to the mat. It wouldn't be long before he succeeded. Being young and unpolished he couldn't manage to do much at first, missing most or all of his attempts to ground and pound. The lack of activity drew a referee standup. After that though Stobbart got another takedown, and this time controlled Williams well before locking up an armbar that sealed the deal.

Prediction: Williams TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Result: Stobbart Submission (Armbar) 4:56 of round 1.

Submission of the Night Award

Shamus McGillicuddy vs Cub Lamas - 145 lbs TITLE

This was a title fight for McGillicuddy that critics seemed to think was a bit early. Nevertheless, it went down. Lamas is one of the most well known fighters in HFC, and he showed why he is the champ. He rocked McGillicuddy early. McGillicuddy gave it the old college try, recovering well, and landing some good shots, especially in the clinch. McGillicuddy seemed to have the strength to keep Lamas in the clinch, but his corner called for him to break. This was the straw that broke the camel's back. McGillicuddy landed a good body shot that seemed to stun Lamas, but Lamas responded like a true champion. Lamas exploded with a 4 strike combo that had McGillicuddy beaten and bloodied.

Prediction: Lamas KO (Punch) round 2.

Result: Lamas TKO (Strikes) 2:18 of round 1.

Stadin Kingi vs Martin Clinton - 185 lbs

Stadin Kingi came to this event ready to make a name for himself in the organization with his debut fight. Clinton set to make his second appearance under contract with Honour was looking to build on momentum from his last win. Clinton is a Muy Thai fighter with some brutal elbows so it was no surprise he wanted to clinch. What was surprising is that in the clinch Kingi landed more effectively, and broke it at will. On this night Kingi was the better man. He rocked Clinton after breaking his clinch with a nice three punch combination. Clinton got his wits back about himself, but Kingi would knock him down with a vicious hook then follow up with more strikes to bring the ref into the mix. Kingi with a dominant showing in his HFC debut, but both of these fighters are still in contention for the 185 lb title moving forward.

Prediction: Kingi TKO (Strikes) round 2.

Result: Kingi TKO (Punches) 1:11 of round 1.

Conclusion:

We had some quality fights here at this event, and it begs the question what's next? Looking ahead, on the 21st of January, 2017 we have HFC 35 with two titles on the line. Peter Faup will take on Random Fighter Three for the 265 lb title, and Dwayne Johnson will lock horns with Reed Money for the 170 lb strap. With an undercard of contenders jockeying for position it should be a night to remember. As always the organization owner Henryk Kuzbik is looking for new fighters in all weight classes so give him a shout if you have a fighter that you would like to sign to the org. Thanks for your time, and stay tuned for new developments.
  • Upvote 1

Keyser Soze (300715)

Through my career so far; I have never really cared all that much about championship belts; I just want to fight anyone at anytime, and so far that's what I've done. But sometimes you reach the end of the line; and on this occasion, the line stops with the champion.

Cub Lamas (300501) so far I have fought absolutely anybody who's anybody in this division; and none of them have given me the challenge I desire. It's only you left; once I beat you I will have cleaned the division, and I will have a big shiny gold belt which is mostly for show; but in this instance it will be a symbol of my dominance. Cub; you have done well so far and there's no disrespect; but I don't think you're in the same class as me; something tells me your opinion is gonna be different, so why don't we go find out? Please Cub; let Honour Fighting Championships know that you're down to brawl with the Turkish Underground Gangster, so they know you aren't scared. LET'S FUCKING DO THIS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...