UFC 239 Jones vs Thantos Pick'em Thread

UFC 239

Jones vs Thantos

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

ESPN+ Main Card 10PM EST

Jon Jones (-658) vs Thiago Santos (+494)

Amanda Nunes (-396) vs Holly Holm (+331)

Ben Askren (-207) vs Jorge Masvidal (+178)

Luke Rockhold (-231) vs Jan Blachowicz (+200)

Michael Chiesa (-361) vs Diego Sanchez (+312)

ESPN Prelims 8PM EST

Arnold Allen ( -334) vs Gilbert Mendez (+287)

Marlon Vera (-415) vs Nohelin Hernandez (+339 )

Claudia Gadelha (-228) vs Randa Markos (+191)

Yadong Song (-204) vs Alejandro Perez (+184)

UFC Fight Pass Prelims 6:15PM EST

Edmen Shahbazyan (-598) vs Jack Marshman (+455)

Ismail Naurdiev (-546) vs Chance Rencountre (+429)

Julia Avila (-197) vs Pannie Kianzad (+174)

His arrogance and cocky shit is the only reason he lost any fights in my mind, his chin isn't the problem, it's him letting his chin stay up and hands down. His losses were to top dogs at 185 and 205 is the weakest division in the UFC by far, so I don't think he will have any problem finishing Jan and running through some other 205'ers until he meets Jones.

As douchy as he can be, I'm shocked so many of you are writing Rockhold off here, to me he's still one of the most complete and talented fighters at 185 and I think the benefit of no big weight cut will benefit him.

We shall see!

yeah i agree. I put money on him 2 weeks ago

What does the guy who picks the most correct outcomes of the fights get?

Tycoon cash if you’re in the league, if not “good job.”

and it seems like Luke just needs to be touched to get KOed .... :/
sad to see him decline
he was legitimately one of the very best all-rounded guys ever

Why would he retire, first fight he has been KO'd, first loss. Sure humiliating fashion. It could play tric

ks to his confidence but I still say he wins that fight in a rematch.

Well the main thing is he has 2 fights in UFC and in both fights he looked terribly bad. He is also not getting any better and everyone at this point know what he will do in the fight and how to avoid it. Of course he can wrestler some gate keepers but lets be fair he is not a championship material at this point and its his first lost only because he has been fighting nothing but low level competition up to the UFC. It other words its his first loss but if he keeps fighting its definitely not the last one and I do not think that he wants more of them.

I'd like to see Maia vs Askren both long in the tooth elite grapplers it'd be interesting and get a lot of hardcore fans attention

i think I read something about Maia retiring and wanting Diego Sanchez for his last fight.

• Upvote 1

Even if you think his chin is questionable, I just don't see Jan being that guy.

he ended up being that guy, also Luke has been pretty bad for the past few years, he has just one win since 2015. Jan in the same period had 5 wins (6 if you include the Luke fight).

he ended up being that guy, also Luke has been pretty bad for the past few years, he has just one win since 2015. Jan in the same period had 5 wins (6 if you include the Luke fight).

the funny thing is UFC keeps releasing guys that have that amount of wins in a shorter time span but he's still there.