** The Sydney Cup ** - Big Prizes!

Beaustradamus

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1413254841prestige-sydney.png

Prestige is a brand new org and is looking to bring new life into Sydney. To start us off on the right foot, we will be hosting a new tournament that we hope to make into a tradition. Welcome to the Sydney Cup!

Rules

1. The format will be just like the FIFA World Cup. We will have 32 fighters located across 8 different 4 man pools. Each pool will be a 3 match round robin pool with the top two fighters moving on to the round of 16. From there it will be a single elimination knockout round. There will be a third place fight for those who lose in the semifinals.

2. The top 8 managers in the tournament will be separated into their own pools. The next 8 managers will then be randomly drawn into a group. This process will also take place for the next two sets of managers.

3. This is a fighter creation tournament and all must be created as 18 year olds the day in which the creation date is set. Fights will also take place in the 145 lb weight class so be able to make weight!

4. Training must take place in Sydney.

5. Creation date will be announced after the sign ups have been completed.

6. The tournament fights are tentatively set to begin during the last weekend in December. Fights will take place every two weeks.

7. Tiebreakers- If a pool ends up in a tie, the following tiebreakers will be used: 1. Head to Head, 2. Finishes, 3. Amount of time fought in the finishes (less being better). If there is a three way tie, this format will be used to determine the top seed and then the tiebreaker will reset for the next two remaining. If none of this works to determine the winner, a tiebreaker round will be added. Fights will take place one week after the last round robin fight (injured, tired, or not) and will push back the other rounds by one week.

8. You will receive an initial 4 fight contract worth 5k/2k/2k. This will cover your first three fights and the first round of the knockout stage. If you make it to the quarterfinals, you will receive a 3 fight, 4k/4k/4k deal.

9. Bets may be placed on every fight through the Prestige Bookmaker (will be created before the tournament).

Prizes

1st Place

$500,000

6 months VIP
Custom Trophy
Prestige BW Title Belt
6 month supply of supplements from Kangaroo Punch

$50,000 sponsorship from Payday Fightwear

2nd Place

$100,000

$25,000 sponsorship from Payday Fightwear

3rd Place

$25,000

Additional $25,000 provided by Kevin Johnson

$10,000 sponsorship from Payday Fightwear (4th place also)

Bonuses
$50,000 provided by Prestige to the winner if he comes from a public gym

$2,000 per finish provided by Kangaroo Punch

$2,000 per 100% fight rating provided by Kangaroo Punch

$25,000 to the fastest KO funded by Kshitijscholes

$25,000 to the fastest Sub funded by Kshitijscholes

$25,000 from Kevin Johnson - TBD

10 pairs of Sydney Cup tees and shorts from Payday Fightwear

$100,000 from awiley2 to the worst fighter of the tournament

$50,000 from Donald Kingsley if the winning fighter trains at Great Bash Heel

$50,000 from Donald Kingsley if a fighter trains at Great Bash Heel and finishes in the top 3.

$2,000,000 from Bawon Samedi. - TBD

$300,000 from Federico Manta - TBD

If anyone else would like to sponsor a prize as well, it would be very much appreciated!

Please feel free to sign up here in this thread. We will keep you posted with updated dates for creation and the tournament start as we get closer to filling up the tournament roster. Thank you!

• Upvote 3

Tournament Roster

1. Petro Faratini -- confirmed

2. Hairey Balsagna -- confirmed

3. Mickey Hart

4. Bob Vendarra -- confirmed

5. Bwang Jong Sr -- confirmed

6. Storman Norman -- confirmed

7. Luca C -- confirmed

8. Rory Daly -- confirmed

9. KC Cooper -- confirmed

10. Abraham Raheem -- confirmed

11. Donald Kingsley -- confirmed

12. Grant Brophy -- confirmed

13. The Dude -- confirmed

14. Cody Lentz -- confirmed

15. Kshitij Singh Negi -- confirmed

16. Arno van Rensburg -- confirmed

17. Alfred Morgan -- confirmed

18. Caleb Smith

19. Central Park Wigan

20. Cysole Dean -- confirmed

21. King Yento -- confirmed

22. Don Africa -- confirmed

23. Jake Goldman

24. Hayden Ingham -- confirmed

25. Luke Taylor -- confirmed

26. Ben Jammins -- confirmed

27. Baby Face McGee -- confirmed

28. Dom Jaehnke -- confirmed

29. Jack Demon -- confirmed

30. Bawon Samedi -- confirmed

31. Scott Davies -- confirmed

32. Christy Scott -- confirmed

yep i sign up.i having shit success with free agents at moment and determine to win a creation tournament.Just one question fight will fight take place no matter what even if the fighters is inured or will they be push backed if his not.Just wondering so i know which hidden s i going to pick or him

Fight will take place no matter what, even if injured. Thanks for signing up!

how long for training after creating? how often fights?

I'm planning on roughly 5-6 weeks. I might consider extending this though.

I will sign up for this, but say someone has a tough fight and is injured for the max 16 days.. it wouldnt be fair to just try to make him fight injured, it would basically be an automatic loss.

I understand. I would like to keep this at 2 weeks per fight to keep the schedule more compressed but if there is enough of concern about this, I will consider moving it to 3 weeks off per fight. Nevertheless, thank you for still signing up!

Sign me up!

Also, anyone looking for a place to train in Sydney:

http://mmatycoon.com/gympublic.php?gmid=3201

*Note - Happy Pills has rebranded as Kangaroo Punch. They are my nutrition partner at the gym.

Sounds good. To teach clinch I believe you need boxing, MT and wrestling, not MT, wrestling and bjj as it is in that gym. Btw.

I just don't like the Sydney must training part.

We're trying to build up Sydney, so Sydney for everything is a big thing to us. We want Sydney to be up there with the other top cities and not the runt of the litter.