free agent contract

A 1,1,1 contract is only if the manager likes you and wants to do you a huge favor ( if you are the org owner) or if the money is sent to the manager account. An org owner almost never will make problems because of the demand to upgrade such a contract.

don't worry, org owners are 99% friendly and understanding

• Upvote 2

In this scenario and the free agent has a contract like that..

Then it's probably a fighter that Mr. J signed to his own org for a shit contract and then dropped into the free agent market. Dude has been doing this for awhile and it's pretty much a bullshit way to "recruit" fighters. More like "trapping" unsuspecting managers who pick up an okay looking free agent. This is not against the rules or anything but in my opinion it violates and standard code of ethics. I don't really know the guy so I don't want to bad mouth him but I am just explaining what I see and how it looks to me. Every single fighter I have seen him drop is signed to Death Squad.

• Upvote 5

In this scenario and the free agent has a contract like that..

Then it's probably a fighter that Mr. J signed to his own org for a shit contract and then dropped into the free agent market. Dude has been doing this for awhile and it's pretty much a bullshit way to "recruit" fighters. More like "trapping" unsuspecting managers who pick up an okay looking free agent. This is not against the rules or anything but in my opinion it violates and standard code of ethics. I don't really know the guy so I don't want to bad mouth him but I am just explaining what I see and how it looks to me. Every single fighter I have seen him drop is signed to Death Squad.

I've noticed a couple of other places doing the same, maybe not with 1/1/1 contracts but with contracts that are well underpaying the fighters.

• Upvote 1

The fighters I've picked up on FAs from Highland Games got their contracts renegotiated to 1/1/1 from me just so I could save money for the org as opposed to giving it to fighters that didnt need it. If I release them, I suppose it'll probably be the same situation so I guess that situation would come about for me too. I'd defo renegotiate if someone picked the fighter up though.

Based on experience, a 1/1/1 contracts are more convenient than the regular ones since they do away the necessity of laundering the fighters' money since it is sent straight to manager's account. Almost all of my fighters are in this type of contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Based on experience, a 1/1/1 contracts are more convenient than the regular ones since they do away the necessity of laundering the fighters' money since it is sent straight to manager's account. Almost all of my fighters are in this type of contract.

you still lose money, because im sure the org owner deducts the manager to manager transfer fee from your pay, and the more money he sends you the bigger the fee gets

There are multiple reasons why people take low contracts, some get it paid up front, this is actually not that common since fighters do get cut etc but the signing bonus is usually direct to the managers account. Some guys do it to help out smaller orgs, i currently have two fighters on 1k contracts and one one 1,1 but that was because the dude done me a favor. Then you get the scumbag move which org owners do, which is hunt through free agency, pick up fighters and sign them to their org on a bullshit contract and then release them. Most notably this was something CBD done, more surprisingly Scott Davies did it also for a good while also. I am sure there were others who done the same thing, but it is indeed a scumbag move, chances are a noob picks the fighter up and gets the shaft which results in them just not playing the game anymore.

Usually those 1/1/1 are for managers which have agreed terms with the org owner to transfer the cash directly to their manager accounts. If lets say the manager releases that fighter, then the org owner almost always needs to renegotiate with the fighter's new manager, which means he (the org owner) is essentially paying 2x for the same fighter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

A 1,1,1 contract is only if the manager likes you and wants to do you a huge favor ( if you are the org owner) or if the money is sent to the manager account. An org owner almost never will make problems because of the demand to upgrade such a contract.

don't worry, org owners are 99% friendly and understanding

This.

• Downvote 1