Fighter of the Year 2012

Eveas

Fighter of the Year 2012  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Which fighter had the best year in 2012?

• Otso Jokinen
    • Pat McDermot
    • Victor Creed
    • Jan Paulsen
    • Anton Chigurh
    • Sam Hall
    • Waru Kuzuri
    • Boba Fett
    • Aaron Witt
    • Christian Segura
    • Jeremy Tonal
    • Merrick Kane
    • Fidel Puno
    • Fat Jobber
    • Charles Martel
    • Chaly Kwidama
    • Bruce Campbell

I'll add a second poll to this later if everyone agrees that will narrow it down to the top 3 before casting our final votes. All names are in the order they were nominated to be fair. If you wish to go through and post a link to all nominations feel free. I'll do this for anything image related as I make the polls. If I missed any nominations posted in the threads let me know ASAP. Votes are set to public.

My boy Otso has this one. Just looking at Victor's opponents, and they ain't convincing. Paulsen being the expection there.

This is almost enough to make me change my vote from Otso to Creed.

• Downvote 1

My opinion affects who had the better year? Cool.

No. It was more a discussion that we had in chat concerning Otso v. Creed. I had initially thought that Otso had the better year. After looking at Creed's fights and Otso's fights, I was swayed toward Creed based on the level of his competition and the fact that he utterly dominated all of his opponents. The domination is really what gets me. Therefore, my comment was more pointed toward the ridiculous nature of your original statement.

• Downvote 1

Well, Otso started the year as a top contender, Creed worked his way up. Creeds first "big" fight was vs Overeem. Hyped at the time as the #1 vs #2 manager. Creed dominated poor Overeem.

Next fight for him was against Mjolnir who is arguably the best HW of all time in the game. Creed produced a one sided beatdown of the legend putting his name in the top p4p spot for the first time i believe in mid May, Unlike Otso he never left outside of the top 3 p4p.

Vicious Fights Champion Karev was up next for Creed. Karev before hand had only lost to top fighters such as Bokhari and former Ascension Champion before he went awol Patterson. This was a champion vs champion fight from at the time was a top 10 org before they went to tourney only.

War Machine was next up. After his victory over Creeds Alliance mates fighter Marciano and EPL Season 2 Winner Dignam he was next for Creed. One of the best HW's in the game who hits like a truck. Yes he has confidence issues but lets face his KO power is pretty brutal. Creed destroyed War Machine in two rounds.

Garson DeBramalo He got screwed due to a game glitch in his first fight against Tolonen. Second fight Tolonen ate a knee. Beat up Starship Pain also on his way to a shot at Creed. Creed put on a clinc which showed his wrestling game as well as his stand up. Creed in the 5th round won via a slam KO. It was another dominating preformance by Creed.

"Sea Bass" Bantrell. Lost two two guys in the past before the Creed fight. Glory and Mjolnir if you are gonna get beat by any two guys back then those were the guys to lose to. Bantrell was coming off a victory against the #1 P4P fighter at the time (overtook Creed after the Williams KO) Chigurh. Creed put on an awesome preformance and pulled out the victory via UD his only one that year.

Jan Paulsen no further introduction i feel is needed nor should any of these guys lets be honest. This fight took place at prolly the event of the year as the main event. Paulsen was in a killing mood upto this fight. Creed managed to put on a one sided beatdown to Paulsen and knock him out in the second round.

Randy Ortiz. Defeated "Sea Bass" to get his title shot. He was coming out of the EPL at the time of the fight. Proved he was worth the fight when he took Creed down into mount in the first round. Creed came back pissed off and took off Ortiz's jaw in the second round.

Yeah he really did fight a pile of bums didn't he? An undefeated year in a top org.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Creed not having as many fights this year is due to 3 things.

1. At the start of the year Ascension was going through a tough point in the HW division with Pete Patterson going Awol. We planned to set up a few fights to select the champion but had to wait to make sure the guy that went inactive. That took a few weeks sadly.

2. The No contest. Wasn't Creeds fault. Creed then had to wait a few weeks to get the rematch because we had booked up the events before it which brings me onto the last point.

3. For most of the year Ascension had a roster of over 100 fighters and deep divisions. We also held the 3mil tourney which also put a strain on how many times guys could fight. Not Creeds fault he couldn't fight every two weeks. Instead he went up against the best fighters available all the time. No one he fought was outside of the top 100 p4p. More so actually most of those guys he faced were #3-#6 in the weight class. Considering the other two top guys for most of the year at heavyweight was Afro and Lances other fighter Williams its pretty damn good.

he fought more and lost more. The fights may have been harder, but the Creed definitely fought a higher level of competition.

Creed was the most destructive of the 3 without a doubt. Kuzuri accomplished more than both in the sense that he entered a Grand Prix that had the greatest BW/FW fighters on the planet and won... and in the process avenged his only loss (at the time) with a brutal KO over the legendary Clint Lomax who had defeated him via decision in the beginning of the year.

Victor Creed, Waru Kuzuri, Otso Jokinen

Pretty much in that order, give or take on Kuzuri/Creed, considering Kuzuri won the Grand Prix, but Creed had a KO slam this year.. Otso had a great year but his only fight outside of NFC was a loss he'll never avenge and he was TKO'd.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Victor Creed, Waru Kuzuri, Otso Jokinen

Pretty much in that order, give or take on Kuzuri/Creed, considering Kuzuri won the Grand Prix, but Creed had a KO slam this year..

I'd agree with that order.

And quit bringing up that fucking slam all the time. I'm avenging that shit in a week and two days anyway.

Hahaha how did Merrick even get nominated for this thing anyways :) Don't get me wrong, his double leg is legendary and all and I love him to death but he is so outta his depth here :) I owe who ever nominated him a beer!

Hahaha how did Merrick even get nominated for this thing anyways :) Don't get me wrong, his double leg is legendary and all and I love him to death but he is so outta his depth here :) I owe who ever nominated him a beer!

He recently figured out what a kimura is and thus is the most dangerous man in the SHW division.

Otso probably deserved this most. 15-2 against top competition. Creed would have won it if he had another 3-4 top level wins.

That's the thing here, people are saying that Creed went undefeated which is impressive as hell. But pretty much no one fights 17 fights against top competition and goes undefeated.

That's the thing here, people are saying that Creed went undefeated which is impressive as hell. But pretty much no one fights 17 fights against top competition and goes undefeated.

NFC must have a far different idea of top competition than I do then. By my quick count Otso fought against top competition 11 times and went 9-2 with 5 KO's. Creed fought top competition 8 times and went 8-0 with 7 KO's.

Otso is very good, but I'd put him third or fourth in fighter of the year rankings.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

NFC must have a far different idea of top competition than I do then. By my quick count Otso fought against top competition 11 times and went 9-2 with 5 KO's. Creed fought top competition 8 times and went 8-0 with 7 KO's.

Otso is very good, but I'd put him third or fourth in fighter of the year rankings.

Then why Creed wont fight Anton Chigurh? Look at last post fight comments from Anton and Sinuhe. When Sinuhe started to call out Otso that fight happend fast..

Otso 2012: Sinuhe Egyptian p4p 1, Roddy Piper p4p 24, Seppo Taalasmaa p4p 8 x2, Takanori Gomi p4p 9 (2-1), Doc Chillum p4p 18 (170 lbs), Vladimir Solovyev p4p 139, Pete Doherty p4p 5, Pertti Peto p4p 38 (170 lbs), Dirk Zeldenthuis p4p 8 (170 lbs), Karl De Groot p4p 12, Osgar MacGregor p4p 284, Felix Flashlighter p4p 5 (170 lbs), Victor Reinhardt p4p 18, Waldorf Astoria p4p 1 (december 31 2011)

Victor Creed 2012:

Randy Ortiz p4p 62, Jan Paulsen p4p 5, Sebastian Bantrell p4p 4, Garson DeBramalo p4p 15, Kupke De Vries p4p 8, Oleg Karev p4p 21, Merrimac Mjolnir p4p 2, Alistair Overeem p4p 37, Evander Holyshit p4p 135, John Jan p4p 86, S. Keletor p4p 74

• Upvote 1

Then why Creed wont fight Anton Chigurh? Look at last post fight comments from Anton and Sinuhe. When Sinuhe started to call out Otso that fight happend fast..

At one point I remember Creed was going to fight the winner of Chigurh/Bantrell. Bantrell won and got the shot at Creed. You called out Creed on the 29th, when he has a fight scheduled for the 12th. Were you expecting that fight to get cancelled to accommodate you?

It's my fighter fighting Creed, if i win you can bring Chigurh down. That would be a great fight. I don't know what Life/Crisse and LT have planned for Creed if he wins, so I can't speak for them.

• Upvote 2