Data entry for VIP time

MMATycoon

Evening all!

So I don't have to spend valuable programming time on upkeep for Bet MMA, I've made it so you guys can enter fighter profile data for me. This is an ongoing job and there's enough there for several people to maintain their VIP time by entering data. Anyone can do it, whether you are VIP or not. You can cash out the VIP time above 30 days earned (to be progammed in the next couple of days).

http://www.betmma.tips/list_fighter_data.php

To get involved, visit that link. Log in (with your MMA Tycoon login info), refresh the page and it will add you to the data entry team. Do as much or as little as you like :)

This is important stuff, so don't screw up. If you screw up on purpose, I will delete your Tycoon account. If you screw up by accident more than a couple of times, you won't get any VIP time, even for the stuff you did properly... so read the guide and do it all properly every time. If you make occasional mistakes that's OK, just PM me and I will fix it. If you think someone else's made a mistake, PM me and I'll check it out.

I've also decided to pay out VIP time for the handicapper directory.

Read about the handicapper direcory here.

I want more people making unit predictions so whatever unit profit you make, I will give you 3x that in VIP days. Don't guess though... if you guess, you'll lose. Make small unit bets to figure out the system, so a couple of units here and there and if you do well, start upping your unit bets.

I've promised I'd pay out VIP time for WOC predictions for ages, so I'll sort cashing those out at the same time too.

Again, I'm passing this all over to you guys so I can spend more time on Tycoon. Until now I've entered every bit of data myself and it's taken and enormous amount of time, so the more you guys help, the less I have to do myself :)

Thanks and fire away with any questions! :)

EDIT - I WANT TO EMPHASISE... DO NOT GUESS AT STANCES! I need you to watch at least a round of fight tape and be 100% sure of the stance. This is the most important stat we are entering.

• Upvote 3

Just wanna check something... I see you're entering fighter stances already. Make sure you are 100% on those. I've put that at 3 days because I want people to watch tape and make sure that people aren't switching stances ever. That's probably the most important attribute we're storing.

Just wanna check something... I see you're entering fighter stances already. Make sure you are 100% on those. I've put that at 3 days because I want people to watch tape and make sure that people aren't switching stances ever. That's probably the most important attribute we're storing.

I'm a good boy, doing my research Mr Tycoon

https://gyazo.com/773192a1209b74b24796beb07ad9f5eb

Some guys are harder to scout than others, Jose Aldo and Diaz were easy... Dan Henderson was a bitch, no videos uploaded in my country yada yada yada. But I've found an efficient way of doing this.

1. Go down the list and find a fighter you want to scout (E.g Dan Hendo)

2. Find his most recent fight (e.g against Boetsch)

3. Tale of the tape FOR BOTH FIGHTERS can be put in

4. Watch fight and record stance, or... fast forward.

Boom, you have like plenty of VIP days

Just english wiki pages please.

There's a site called MMA Core that has basically all UFC videos.

Try and get at least 5 mins on the feet to check their stances. Some people don't switch straight away and I really wanna get that right. Someone like Frank Mir for example fights entire fights southpaw sometimes and other times entirely orthodox. We've got some really interesting stats coming on the stance vs stance stuff;

Orthodox vs Southpaw stance in MMA

Alright one round sounds fair, I'll do it properly but I was doing the ones I'm really certain off, I was going to do Benson Henderson but F that lol, I don't want the pressure of being wrong so I'm just doing what I'm confident with: Aldo, Nick Diaz, Henderson and Boetsch but I feel like I'm just whoring for VIP days now so I'll give other guys a chance.

yeah a couple of old ones will do that when i was entering "Link" and sometimes did sherdog and sometimes wikipedia. If you just post their IDs I can sort those, cheers.

And don't worry about whoring for VIP time - I would rather it gets done by someone I know will do it properly. There is plenty more to go around anyway - look at all those effing crosses :S

I'm not doing too much right now, I'm just digging up UFC, Sherdog and Wiki pages if they exist and filling whatever info I can pull from the pages using them in that order, 90% of what I'm filling in is a copy and paste from the UFC page. I'm just going to work down the roster as I have time and if/when that is sorted I'll look into putting some time into the harder info to find when I have time. I just finished the "A" fighters, going to take a break and get onto the "B" or whatever needs doing at the time.

• Upvote 1

Blah.

Tae Hyun Bang's wiki link leads to Yui Chul Nam's UFC page - it messed me up and I entered the wrong age, it's the same month and day but the year is wrong, he should be 32 but I enter it as 34 since I was giving the UFC page precedence. I also entered him at a BJJ purple belt but that was also taken from Yui Chul Nam's page.

I feel slightly racist that it took a minute to click that they did not look the same. >.> at least I noticed something looked off.

Anybody know of an easy way to hear of a fighters BJJ belt? I guess just through scouting, the UFC will make a comment about it. But for some guys it seems impossible.

I've been scrolling down to the biography section of their UFC page and some have it answered - if it's there I've been finding it as an answer to the "What ranks and titles have you held?" question. I've also been using the wiki if it cites a source - one was to a Facebook picture of the guy with his teacher and his black belt certificate so it seemed pretty legit.

There's a site called MMA Core that has basically all UFC videos.

What MMA Core are you using? Every single video's down every single day on there for me. MMA Versus is much better in my experience (for the record I recently burst out laughing when Kin Moy, an MMA fighter in Bellator, shared his fight with another site via MMA Core haha).

I'll put in some work on this as well. What do you do for guys who switch stances frequently like a Max Holloway? Also what do you mean "TUF Fights where it's not 0 fights".

basically if they have been in TUF, enter how many fights they've had and you'll get more credit than just putting 0, if they haven't been on TUF.

There is an option for switch stance (3 actually), from the drop down.

As for MMA Core I just search the fight and it comes up. You have to leave it like 10 seconds before the video shows up though. I bought fight pass so i dont need it usually - only for recent PPVs when they aren't up on fight pass yet.

I tried to buy Fight Pass but for some reason which the guys on chat told me they didnt face, they wanted me to pay all of it in one go instead of a monthly rate. I even had a back and forth in emails with them about it and they maintained that it was a one off payment. Luckily I was broke so I didnt have a couple of hundred quid for them to take off me after one week.

I got into the downloading game a while ago so I've got plenty stored. Still need to go to MMAVersus a lot to get some deeper fights though.

Is there a section for TUF or amateur fights on the page? I haven't went into editing anything yet.

Also is every fighter supposed to be on the list or is that something you'll do progressively? I was thinking of just doing them as I go through the tape for this weekend's event but I noticed Charles Oliveira and Max Holloway aren't there off the bat.