Messing up sliders before a fight.

Wondered if anyone has stories of how they made a stupid mistake with the slidders without meaning to.

I'll start off with my beauty of 99% try to clinch when it was meant to be 99% stay on the outside, made even better by the fact my guy had useless MT and Woeful clinch work at the time.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=101380

As you can see, the whole fight was just me trying to clinch and not being able too.. and on the one or two times I managed to get the clinch, I broke it straight away anyway.

This whole thing is made even more amazing by the fact I won the fight with the 3 shots i landed between then 1,000,000,000 attempted clinch's :D

never done it...cuz i'm a fukn obsessive psycho and change my sliders 100 times the week of the fight and prolly 10-12 on fight day :)...damn this game! lol

Same. I'm talking moving sliders as little as 0.2% over, and over, and over, and over, ad infinitum. OCD certainly has its benefits. Pays off since I've never fucked them up, save my first few fights when I was far too high to understand the wiki.

Once made the somewhat minor mistake of forgetting to stay standing %100 in the clinch vs a brown belt with my purple belt. He had pretty crappy takedown defence and wrestling which was good for him seeing as i took him down every time i tried. Luckily i did set my ground correctly and managed to get up from the idiotic takedown attempts. Had my clinch set pretty low and 100% stay standing when on the outside so ended up winning via cut standing. Won't make that mistake again. Since then i'm like the other OCD patients here.

Wondered if anyone has stories of how they made a stupid mistake with the slidders without meaning to.

I'll start off with my beauty of 99% try to clinch when it was meant to be 99% stay on the outside, made even better by the fact my guy had useless MT and Woeful clinch work at the time.

As you can see, the whole fight was just me trying to clinch and not being able too.. and on the one or two times I managed to get the clinch, I broke it straight away anyway.

This whole thing is made even more amazing by the fact I won the fight with the 3 shots i landed between then 1,000,000,000 attempted clinch's :D

My guy was a HW champ going for his 4th title defense and by far my best fighter. The slider looked like it was set to 100% stay on the outside when it was really just 99%. I had it set to 100% break clinch. Long story short, he comes out and the first thing he does is clinch, then breaks the clinch immediately, then gets KTFO by a head kick.

I did it just once....and my mistake was to not even set the sliders!

My fighter had previously been fighting a guy weaker on the floor so he was still set to take-downs and gnp....the problem was the guy he was fighting was far superior on the floor and my guy kept shooting in! needless to say it ended with a submission loss....doh! :suicide_anim:

I had a fight where I made the same clinch/outside mistake as others mentioned, but the fight stats from mine are better I think as a true example of a fight where literally nothing happened:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=88027

The only two sucessful moves in the whole fight were two landed kicks by my opponent. My game plan was clearly a massive failure of a mistake but I wonder what that says about his.

I know fight ratings lower than 10% exist but still I think that's pretty awesome.

hmmm...i dont like the ending to this story. sounds like a flaw in the fight engine...lol

I just lost in 50 seconds by Kneebar.. I wasn't THAT worried about the ground vs a blue belt but I was a white with only Respectable Def G...

was too aggressive =(

Always worry about the ground if your fighter is only a white belt.

Always worry about the ground if your fighter is only a white belt.

Yeah true. I don't know what I was thinking when I set aggression/damage so high...I set his takedown up perfectly for him.

Oh well..

whats the best way to increase flexibility and agility? anyone know lol

/back 2 drawing board

I suggest CTs, as long as you have the patience and money to stick in a gym with an elite conditioning coach. About two or three weeks and you should be happy with the results, and it won't only improve flexibility and agility, it'll improve all physicals.

My guy was a HW champ going for his 4th title defense and by far my best fighter. The slider looked like it was set to 100% stay on the outside when it was really just 99%. I had it set to 100% break clinch. Long story short, he comes out and the first thing he does is clinch, then breaks the clinch immediately, then gets KTFO by a head kick.

Do people still use the actual "slider" interface anymore? That seems extremely risky to me and way less precise. Hit the little cell phone icon in the upper right corner of the tactics section and use numerical figures to set your tactics and you'll never make that mistake.

Ever since Mike implemented that option I have never ever EVER used the slide interface again.

Now, my turn for a story. When I first started playing the game I didn't understand the nuances of the sliders (particularly which meant which action would take place) nor how the absolute sliders really worked. Needless to say all 4 of the initially created fighters spent their debut fights trying to execute double leg takedowns anytime their were on their feet ... even the white belts and crappy wrestlers!

Amusingly enough though, the 2 guys with decent jitz managed submission wins :) The standup guys, well, they got knocked the fuck out or choked the fuck out :) Never made that mistake again.

I got one real big mistake last week, my original plan is to take this guy to the ground, either by takedown or by clinch and slam, since I got better wrestling, I put a higher % on the clinch and ended up on the wrong side, which ends up 85% to clinch. I pbp and my fighter tried to clinch 3 times out of 5 lines and I was like..."What the fuck?" Check the slider and I was like "Holy Mama, I am going to lose." Luckily, I still manager to sub my opponent out and not get KTFO when I am closing to clinch.