Jones vs Teixeira

I'd book on Jones. You know, the UFC doesn't wanna lose a chance to make an epic title fight rematch, which would be a nasty PPV drawer - Jones vs. Gustaffson. Also Jones is a beast - it doesn't matter that he got exposed by Gus - Gus is the one who exposed Jones, not Teixeira. I think he will be handled like everyone before Gus :)

• Upvote 1

I'd book on Jones. You know, the UFC doesn't wanna lose a chance to make an epic title fight rematch, which would be a nasty PPV drawer - Jones vs. Gustaffson. Also Jones is a beast - it doesn't matter that he got exposed by Gus - Gus is the one who exposed Jones, not Teixeira. I think he will be handled like everyone before Gus :)

100% agree with this. Teixeira goes in to this fight in a similar way to how Rampage went in to his fight with Jones; known for their unbelievable striking, but the size difference will play right in to Jones' hands. We could see a surprise, but the odds are definitely stacked against Teixeira.

I thought that also, but then I watched Glovers pervious fights - he has a chance, a small one, but a chance

I thought that also, but then I watched Glovers pervious fights - he has a chance, a small one, but a chance

Everybody that ever fights has. Matchups are always made so that both fighters have chances. But Teixeira has small chances. Teixeira is considered a striker, but:

Striking: Jones > Teixeira (reach, better from the outside, Jones has the nod here)

Wrestling: Jones > Teixeira (Jones could actually ragdoll Teixeira if he wanted)

BJJ: Jones > Teixeira (Jones has slight advantage here, remember how he finished Rampage or Machida.)

All in all, Jones is better at every aspect of the fight. If Teixeira would grapple, he would lose significantly, now he will go banging in standup, and he will lose not that significantly :)

Everybody that ever fights has. Matchups are always made so that both fighters have chances. But Teixeira has small chances. Teixeira is considered a striker, but:

Striking: Jones > Teixeira (reach, better from the outside, Jones has the nod here)

Wrestling: Jones > Teixeira (Jones could actually ragdoll Teixeira if he wanted)

BJJ: Jones > Teixeira (Jones has slight advantage here, remember how he finished Rampage or Machida.)

All in all, Jones is better at every aspect of the fight. If Teixeira would grapple, he would lose significantly, now he will go banging in standup, and he will lose not that significantly :)

Gus was like that also, now Jones is ducking him.

Gus was like that also, now Jones is ducking him.

Gus striking was as legit as Jones. Gus dangerous from the inside, knows how to get there, as Jones from the outside

Jon Jones talking about how none of these fighters deserve a title shot. He needs to Shut the Fuck up and fight whoever they put in front of him. Then he can prove they dont deserve it. Not run his mouth and avoid fights. If you want a break go take one you deserve it. But don't say they don't deserve to even fight you... Pathetic

Jon Jones talking about how none of these fighters deserve a title shot. He needs to Shut the Fuck up and fight whoever they put in front of him. Then he can prove they dont deserve it. Not run his mouth and avoid fights. If you want a break go take one you deserve it. But don't say they don't deserve to even fight you... Pathetic

Oh give me a break. He went through Shogun, Machida, Rampage, Belfort, Evans so he's 'ducking' Gustafsson who couldn't even finish Shogun. They gave Gus a very very winnable fight in Manuwa, he won it, now he waits in line until other contenders get their chance.

Gus will fight Jones, and he'll get beaten....again.

Rampage has a 1600 ft/lb Left hook to the liver (fight science)

and that guy stated *when you go in that Octagon: there is a 50/50 chance that you're getting your arse kicked*

Jones has never been hit with ANYTHING like Glover is going to try and hit him with: I have no pref: and will be pleased with either getting the W

I apologize for buttin into it,...but I guess I had a little more than 2cents to put in

Cheers, all

Rampage has a 1600 ft/lb Left hook to the liver (fight science)

and that guy stated *when you go in that Octagon: there is a 50/50 chance that you're getting your arse kicked*

Jones has never been hit with ANYTHING like Glover is going to try and hit him with: I have no pref: and will be pleased with either getting the W

I apologize for buttin into it,...but I guess I had a little more than 2cents to put in

Cheers, all

He'll have to reach Jones to actually pack that power that ya'll are talking about.

He'll have to reach Jones to actually pack that power that ya'll are talking about.

Everyone can be defeated, everyone can be reached - Anderson Silva

Guest AmunRa

I think a lot of people want to see Jones get knocked out. That would be fun. But also, most people want the Jones vs. Gus re-match - so for that reason only, I want Jones to win.

Teixeira is gonna bob and weave to get in the pocket and KO Jones with a brutal right hook! i've visualized it many times and that is how it always ends.....

I'm afraid Jones has a deadly weapon - as soon as his opponent's go inside he either clinches and elbows the shit outta ya or just throws a standing elbow from the inside :)

I'm afraid Jones has a deadly weapon - as soon as his opponent's go inside he either clinches and elbows the shit outta ya or just throws a standing elbow from the inside :)

Dude... Go watch Teixera vs Bader, Jones might be out before he throws anything.