Additional "Speciality Slot"

MMATycoon

I've been thinking about adding an additional slot for everyone, which can only be used for either;

The Island

QFC orgs

KT orgs

This would be an additional slot for both non and VIPs, aimed at getting more people involved in the niche aspects on the game.

Possible problems

- At the end of an Island season you'd have your fighter deported to a different city and if they weren't going to carry on as a niche fighter, they'd have to be released (or another of your fighters).

- How would we deal with uncontracted fighters? People would likely just use the slot for a training project if we didn't force a contact signing / fights, so we may just have to use this for The Island, which is easily controllable, unless people can think how we can properly enforce a QFC / KT only fighter (perhaps just force a fight every X days).

Thoughts?

• Upvote 12

i think the island would be a great place for this -- i wouldnt mind trying the island (at the time i already had 20 fighters and couldnt without cutting some one) -- i do think it would be nice to just have your fighter retired at the end or cut depending on what you want without it costing or using vip time (be a free option) -- as you mention qfc or kt could maybe be used for other things -- the island is a deal on its own there is no interaction with the outside world on the island

Is this free or? I don't really agree with giving NON-VIPS a free slot for this. It's giving them extra things for free... Surely the people who pay for VIP would be more worthy for such a thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Why try to "force" fighters into the specialty niches? If people don't want to play in those niches, then maybe they aren't worth keeping around? You'd just be creating an artificial player base with a specialty slot. Maybe that's a good thing? But to me, it still seems like pumping gas into a car that doesn't run.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why try to "force" fighters into the specialty niches? If people don't want to play in those niches, then maybe they aren't worth keeping around? You'd just be creating an artificial player base with a specialty slot. Maybe that's a good thing? But to me, it still seems like pumping gas into a car that doesn't run.

Well no one would be "forced" i don't think, you would have the extra slot there for if you did or did not want to use it.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see QFC orgs where u could create a guy with at least 70% skills. If the QFC orgs are still just 25 yr old creations I'm not sure I'd be interested because I think it takes very little slider skill at that skill level. If your fighter is a MT guy & fight some1 with no MT just throw high dmg & 100% kicks. It's very easy to exploit the lower level fighters. The Island I just never really understood. That to me is like living in the real world then choosing to live like the amish.

I had suggested turning those QFC tournaments into like a 75% skill creation, u can only fight in that format with separate hype & such just so you'd have a no injury/energy guy to fight with pretty regularly. I felt it'd give newer managers just joining a sense of competing with the 'big boys' with at least 1 fighter w/o needing access to loads of $$ or private gyms. That to me turns a lot of guys away & this would be incentive to sign in everyday. It'd also be great for returning managers who are completely rebuilding....
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That's up to you if you don't want to use it; not everything is going to appeal to everyone. With a limited user base though, we need to get as many people involved in as many aspects of the game as possible. I think The Island is a great concept to get people competing but we don't really have enough users to just have it sat there without being pushed in some way.

As for giving non VIPs an extra slot too, we have a massive user turnover and I want to try and keep people around long enough to turn them into VIPs. I don't see the problem in both non VIPs and VIPs both getting an extra (limited functionality) slot.

That's up to you if you don't want to use it; not everything is going to appeal to everyone. With a limited user base though, we need to get as many people involved in as many aspects of the game as possible. I think The Island is a great concept to get people competing but we don't really have enough users to just have it sat there without being pushed in some way.

As for giving non VIPs an extra slot too, we have a massive user turnover and I want to try and keep people around long enough to turn them into VIPs. I don't see the problem in both non VIPs and VIPs both getting an extra (limited functionality) slot.

Okay cool. Sound fun. Also, like Seans idea on QFC idea.

& trying to adapt to a new engine. a lot of returning managers grab really crappy FA's (they'd never have kept on their old roster) just to have somewhat skilled guys who can fight in better orgs so they're not just abusing newbs all the time because I know a lot of returning managers in the past who were super competitive but couldn't get very up to QFC spam or have every fight be against managers they had yrs of slider experience on. Due to how exploitable guys are with low skills there is definitely an adjustment period when you get into fights at the higher end. I think you'd satisfy the noobs & vets with that. It did great in the community vote. Like 30-5 but not sure why Mike is kinda against that move

I'd have less issues with the Island if you never left. That'd be worth it to me. To build a guy who essentially has to train like they did in the stone ages ('09 :) ) & waste the 2 best yrs of their learning speed just to get thrown into the regular world where guys get elite training at creation (for most vets) seems like not having any foresight IMO. There are plenty of guys who gym rat til 25 just so they can train 2ndaries first since they're effected by learning & physicals are not. So I honestly thought only new users would do that if I'm being honest. I was surprised any vets used it at all

I would never bother keeping an island fighter, regardless of how good I thought he was/could be. it's just a completely different situation, completely different world.

the only way if keep an island guy is if the island rolled over season after season...but at that point, it's not the island, it's a game reset

Im with Sean thats how I envisaged the QFC tourneys going

To get people hooked you need them fighting as often as possible with multiple fighters maybe you could use the QFC tourneys but lock fighter creation at age 28 (65%) and 30 (70%) 2 seperate tourneys these fighters just keep fighting king of the hill style. 1 v 2 - 3 v 4 etc etc

• Upvote 3