1 night Mma tourneys?!

juicemalone

I think there could be a way to make this work, it'd have to be worked out so that the average fighting who fights 1 fight a night would be able to last longer at his top level and take more fights in the long run than a fighter who takes part in 1 night tournaments all the time.

Allow the injuries pile up, if you fight 3 times in a night you should be able to walk away with a higher injury than the current 16 days and you could offset the hype gained by having a side effect of the events be that your fighter will start to degrade in skill sooner. This way sure you can use these to gain a bunch of hype every other week but just like in real life if you fight this way you're going to wear down on the fighters body.

I think this would be fair, it'd still be nice to see ever now and then but it could be offset enough that managers shouldn't want to cause their fighters to degrade too soon and org owners shouldn't be too keen to make these events since if you start burning out too many fighters you can expect people to talk about it and you might find managers avoiding you.

I think the main reason for this is how do we set sliders for 3 fights in 1 night?

What if you face a striker for round 1, then your next fight is a potential fight between a grappler or a striker who you won't know until they fight?

And the live changing of sliders is a stupid idea as not everyone who participates is going to log in at the exact time to change a slider based on his next opponent in a small window of time given between fights in 1 night tournament.

• Upvote 2

I think the main reason for this is how do we set sliders for 3 fights in 1 night?

What if you face a striker for round 1, then your next fight is a potential fight between a grappler or a striker who you won't know until they fight?

And the live changing of sliders is a stupid idea as not everyone who participates is going to log in at the exact time to change a slider based on his next opponent in a small window of time given between fights in 1 night tournament.

I didn't think about that +1 for your point.

I didn't think about that +1 for your point.

No Mark, you didn't think!!! :P

But that's not to say i am against 1 night tournaments, i actually like the idea of them. I just don't think in this game it would be a good idea.

Maybe the best option would be a quickfire tournament like the QFC tournaments we have that are 1 day each fight so you can set sliders with injuries and energy loss still occurring (with a bit of energy back the next day?) so you can set sliders? Otherwise you have to use the same slider and hope for the best?

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Just make it work like QFC Tournaments. Fight once a day for X amount of days.

the only issue with this that i can see is slider settings -- you might want to change them up between who your facing and if done in one night folks wouldnt have the chance to set them up -- but if done like mentioned every day till tourney is over then would be chance to set them

• 4 years later...
On 10/9/2015 at 5:18 PM, juicemalone said:

let orgs host 1 night mma tourneys! Rather than only having qfc tournies let us do it on an org fight card

energy would be a huge problem, if this was implemented there would need to be a tweak to energy for these tournaments exclusively. guys lose less energy then regular fights when competing in one night tournies. I like the idea but a lot of possible problems to run into