Users on the same IP / multis

MMATycoon

Not really, the punishment would be pretty light, I’m sure multis deleted, and vip fine, but since he’s more of a noob I doubt anyone would hold it against him. He seemed very enthusiastic about the game and I was looking forward to a lot of his things, sad to see him go, especially so quickly before anyone had the chance to help him.

25 minutes ago, Fireballer34 said:

Not really, the punishment would be pretty light, I’m sure multis deleted, and vip fine, but since he’s more of a noob I doubt anyone would hold it against him. He seemed very enthusiastic about the game and I was looking forward to a lot of his things, sad to see him go, especially so quickly before anyone had the chance to help him.

I agree with you about his punishments from Mike but being a multi is pretty looked down upon by the community.  If the community didn't care about multi's no one would've tried to call him out on it, he did look very enthusiastic about the game and I was excited to see what he was planning to do but it is what it is. 

38 minutes ago, vaznys10 said:

I agree with you about his punishments from Mike but being a multi is pretty looked down upon by the community.  If the community didn't care about multi's no one would've tried to call him out on it, he did look very enthusiastic about the game and I was excited to see what he was planning to do but it is what it is. 

I just think seeing as he was so new, he would be forgiven quickly, especially if he became a reputable business owner and contributed to the game.

So now calling out the scammer is a problem? This person intended to cheat from the very beginning. For weeks, I've been gathering evidence, tracking his movements, and over two weeks ago, I notified the administration about it. Now it turns out that both the community and the administration don't care about multi-accounts. I personally traced over 22 accounts he used. When I confronted him with my findings yesterday, he admitted to having over 100 accounts, many of which were installed in my organization to lower the rating. He revealed that he regularly returns to the game to sow chaos using multiple accounts until he gets bored or someone catches him. Additionally, he claimed he can generate VIP Memberships and cash. I don't know if all of this is true. What I do know is that everyone seems not to care about it at all. I notified the administration about it and haven't received any response. All of this does not reflect well on this game and its community.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Ego said:

So now calling out the scammer is a problem? This person intended to cheat from the very beginning. For weeks, I've been gathering evidence, tracking his movements, and over two weeks ago, I notified the administration about it. Now it turns out that both the community and the administration don't care about multi-accounts. I personally traced over 22 accounts he used. When I confronted him with my findings yesterday, he admitted to having over 100 accounts, many of which were installed in my organization to lower the rating. He revealed that he regularly returns to the game to sow chaos using multiple accounts until he gets bored or someone catches him. Additionally, he claimed he can generate VIP Memberships and cash. I don't know if all of this is true. What I do know is that everyone seems not to care about it at all. I notified the administration about it and haven't received any response. All of this does not reflect well on this game and its community.

Wow…

I’m going to have to change my opinion on this, I guess good catch by you, guess this shows how well players can hide their intentions behind their screens. I was not trying to say you were wrong for reporting this, I just wasn’t aware you’d already contacted him and confronted him. He didn’t seem like an a-hole from what I’d seen of him, but if what you are saying is true then I do not want you to think that I encourage multi accounts or don’t care about them. I admit, I see some that I don’t report because I don’t think they are doing any harm to the game, as long as they don’t cheat. But lowering your orgs rating is just a bad move. I honestly wouldn’t doubt that he can generate VIP, the amount of it he was offering for those tournaments was crazy. I just thought he was a very enthused player who wanted to make the game better but I guess I was wrong. I am sorry for making it seem like I don’t care about this, I do, I just didn’t know the extent of it. From your original post it didn’t seem like the multis were doing much harm. As for Mike, he’s said he just doesn’t have the time to ban every multi, but if this involves VIP I’m sure he’ll do something. Dunno about vlad, hasn’t logged on for a while. Can’t quit though, he owns part of the game.

Harm can come in many forms, there was an alliance and Org not so long ago who was printing cash fighting their own multi's and artificially raising their rank as managers and as an Org through having multi's take the dive going into fights with low energy and morale. Makes the work anyone else does kinda pointless. Admin nuked the Org and accounts in the end. Kudos to Ego for tracking all this down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ego said:

Good job mate! 100 accounts is crazy... I've talked with him on a few separate occasions and he seemed like a nice and genuine guy. Guess I was wrong. 

3 hours ago, Ego said:

How about the new IFMMA owner? Same creation date as a manager? Wondering how long this shell game will go on.

15 minutes ago, venom09 said:

How about the new IFMMA owner? Same creation date as a manager? Wondering how long this shell game will go on.

Lmao it’s not a new owner the guy just changed his profile name and released all his fighters, sure the org will go inactive. I know it’s the same guy because same fighters and when I passed his ID from forums I learned he changed his profile name. 

15 minutes ago, venom09 said:

He has changed his manager details. And all his moeny has gone...

2 hours ago, vaznys10 said:

Good job mate! 100 accounts is crazy... I've talked with him on a few separate occasions and he seemed like a nice and genuine guy. Guess I was wrong. 

I also saw him as a good guy. In reality, he didn't harm anyone; at the end of the day, he only committed fraud in a computer game. After the confrontation, he initially lost his temper, but after a while, he calmed down and seemed to be sincere with me. Ultimately, he decided to leave honorably on his own, and I'm not sure if the information I had would have been sufficient for him to get banned.

6 minutes ago, Ego said:

He has changed his manager details. And all his moeny has gone...

I also saw him as a good guy. In reality, he didn't harm anyone; at the end of the day, he only committed fraud in a computer game. After the confrontation, he initially lost his temper, but after a while, he calmed down and seemed to be sincere with me. Ultimately, he decided to leave honorably on his own, and I'm not sure if the information I had would have been sufficient for him to get banned.

Yeah, i'm sure that he is a good guy IRL. The stuff I said about him not being nice and genuine was regarding what he does in MMAT. 

3 hours ago, Ego said:

Now it turns out that both the community and the administration don't care about multi-accounts.  Additionally, he claimed he can generate VIP Memberships and cash.

The game has been on its knees for quite a while now and if I was to guess about 120 managers are about all that is active now a days with around 100-200 'cousins/brothers' floating about who account for the VIP members, the rest are casuals who log in once every couple of days/weeks. 

That line in bold however is what will make Mike spring into action. If he is losing money due to people generating their own VIP the problem is usually fixed rather quickly - same with game cash to a certain extent. 

• Upvote 1

With the current number of players seemingly decreasing, I'm actually ok with allowing multi accounts with a few limitations. I'd say if someone wants to manage two accounts, go for it. Any more than that is a bit odd. If you want more fighters, buy fighter slots. 

I also feel managers should be able to have multiple businesses. If there's a motivated manager, he/she should be able to have multiple businesses.

This latest catch was a good one, though.

Just my two cents.