other MMA games

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

wow they have like 3 lines of text about an entire fight round LOL. I wish we could add a few new primaries though to really make things more strategic and NOT have guys maxed out at everything basically. Add in Judo, Kickboxing or Taekwondo, and maybe like Sambo or something?

What would be a difference between Kickboxing and MT? Or Judo and Wrestling? Or Sambo and BJJ? Secondaries wouldn't change and that would be only flavor text change, nothing more - and you can choose Kickboxing, TKD or MT for striking, Judo or Wrestling for TDs, Sambo or BJJ for subs...if thats flavor text change, awesome. But I don't see how else that would change the game.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone here play World of MMA 3 or 4. I have been meaning to try it out. It's like a single player promoter game. I have been playing Ultimate MMA Simulator for a long time, even though it has some bugs. It's also like a simpler, single player version of this site.

UMMA simulator is great, I have been wanting someone to take over, update rosters, and fix bugs. Sadly, that probably wont happen. The creator posted the source code on his facebook site if anyone has the skills.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone here play World of MMA 3 or 4. I have been meaning to try it out. It's like a single player promoter game. I have been playing Ultimate MMA Simulator for a long time, even though it has some bugs. It's also like a simpler, single player version of this site.

WMMA is pretty good, but I think his wrestling game is better. There's only so much you can do with booking a real sport before it becomes clockwork, while with wrestling you're dealing with storylines, fans reactions to people, directly competing with other companies on a weekly timeslot basis, backstage politics, and so on. The MMA booking gmae has just a bit less to do, although you're still dealing with getting fans interested, building up stars, working with broadcasters, finances (although once your promotion makes it to PPV you're basically set for life) and so on. I enjoy both, but if you were to only get one, I'd say go for TEW2016. It's the more complete game.

Of course for a fantasy fight generator, it works wonders, depending on how much you trust the guys making the real world mods. Or if you just like watching champions live and die by the glove. The RW mods I can think of off the top of my head are a modern one, one set in 97 right as the MMA blackout started, and one in 93 when it all began. Good PbP system at that too.

Example pbp log, on pastebin since it's massive:

http://pastebin.com/kYfTJv4q