Kicks accuracy and balance

RodrigoMachado

I was under the impression that balance was mostly for take down defense? I thought Flexibility was the key to accurate kicks? Is this wrong?

Balance must play apart in kicks as if you had shit balance how are you going to kick them in the head without falling on ya arse

Very true with better balance you will be able to kick faster, stronger and more accurately.

well try thinking of it this way : if you throw a kick then you are going to need balance firstly to not fall over while throwing it, and secondly to support the power of the kick. try taking some kickboxing classes, sure I pulled my right ass cheek first time i tried a head kick (flexibility lack) but without balance all the power and technique in the world duznt help.

Balance must play apart in kicks as if you had shit balance how are you going to kick them in the head without falling on ya arse

i've never seen anyone in mmatycoon go to the ground from missing/landing a kick

i've never seen anyone in mmatycoon go to the ground from missing/landing a kick

Yeah, but I think with bad balance the accuracy of the kick might be lower, because your fighter needs to try to get the balance right and so the kick is errr...not as lethal and sharp.

I don't know in MMATycoon, in real life balance is VITAL for a fighter who wants to throw some kicks in a match.

By the way my personal experience (but maybe i'm terribly wrong, it's just my idea) suggests me that in MMATycoon balance is also important in ground game. It seems that fighters with a very good balance are rarely the victim of a sweep... which also sounds pretty reasonable to me