Synchronicity's Face/Off - Official Smack Talk Thread

FrankyFin

All i could say is sorry for not being able to complete the preview in time. I had some problems which unfortunately overwhelmed me but You guys can be assured of some great previews on the way in the next few events and i will be doing additional interviews and stories of any top fighter in the organization so if anyone is interested in giving a interview or making a Biography of their fighter please contact me asap. And rest assured i will definitely make either of the things mentioned about your fighters a joy to watch and read.

• Upvote 1

The Story of Kassim "The Albino Warrior" Magufuli I V; Sad But True

The tales of Kassims’s childhood are as tall as the mountain he claims to have climbed. Here’s what we do know. He was born somewhere in rural Tanzania on the southeastern coast of Africa. His formative years were horrendous. The village he grew up in was deeply religious. Kassim was born albino and considered a demon by the village elders. For years he was mutilated, tortured and emotionally belittled. The exact details of his treatment is unknown, but stories of insane things such as fire ants inside eyelids, to drinking snake venom have been told. Miraculously he survived and still developed as a “normal” human. The torturings became less regular but more intense. He knew their ultimate plan was for a grand sacrifice. Here is where the story gets real blurry. At age 15, Kassim fled his village due to, you know, people trying to kill him and all. He was under hot pursuit and wanted dead by his entire village and family (even his own mother and father). He sought refuge on Mt. Kilimanjaro. All that's known is two American Hikers found a disturbing scene at Kilimanjaro’s peak. Kassim was found unconscious, unarmed and covered in blood. He was surrounded by 37 dead tribe elders and elite warriors all heavily armed with spears, axes, and shields (his father and uncle were among the group hunting him). To this day, no one knows exactly what happened. Kassim spent the next two years going through the American refugee program. He eventually settled in New York City and found a job cleaning wrestling mats at a local MMA Club. Early in his career Kassim gave us a small glimpse into his past. Due to harsh criticism and claims of lies Kassim has not spoken about his formative years in over a decade. When you get to know Kassim he is incredibly kind and genuine. To think he went through things like that and is still so productive is amazing. While he won’t talk about his childhood, ask him anything about his fighter career or current life and he will chat with you for hours. I caught up with Kassim and asked him a few questions at his resident gym, The legendary Little Lebowski Urban Achievers Gymnasium

BH- Tell me about your favorite fight?

KV- Oh Benjamin what a bull shirt generic question hahahah. I'll oblige, to be honest as a fighter I try to always think about the next fight. So Melek Taus is my favourite fight even though it has even happened yet. But looking back of course a couple stand out. Winning the belt off of Mick Murphy back at Sync 641, was pretty insane, not a lot of people gave me a chance there.

BH-If you could fight one guy in the future who would it be?

KV- Honestly I would fight some low key people. There is a whole network of international “tough guys” who are enforcers for illegal operations. A lot of us fighters get offered a “rough em up” contract here and there. Those guys really piss me off. There are a few out there who I would gladly square up with.

What's next for you career wise?

KV- Melek Taus is the immediate future. Then back to Synchronicity to defend my belt. I love super fights. I am the baddest man on the planet, period. I heard what Nick Shamrock said, it’s cute. I would smash him like an avocado at a tex-mex restaurant. If anyone anyclass anywhere wants it, I will gladly oblige.

Thoughts on Synchronicity as an Org.

KV- Top class, pure top class. Great fights, crossover fights which I love. President Alex Maniatakos is a real cool guy for letting me do crossover fights. You won't see management have such a good relationship with fighters like this very often.

Thoughts on your crossover fights?

KV-As I said before, anyone, anywhere, anytime. If you are a legit pro we might as well make money while we do it. That being said, I do enjoy fun fights. I want to see those guys everybody else is afraid of. What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? My super fights answer just that.

How important is P4P Rankings (Kassim is currently #1 worldwide light heavyweight rankings and #4 on p4p rankings ?

KV- To me, when I fight I block everything out. I don't care if I am fighting a blackbelt or a neighborhood tough guy, either way I am zoned in. As far as lifestyle and respect? The world recognizing you for the value you offer is all I ever wanted and it feels amazing.

Tell me about your childhood?

KV- Mate, fuck off, I’ll walk out.

I've always wanted to spar with a pro, can we step into the gym for a sec?

KV- Gladly
30 seconds of Kassim walloping me. 10 seconds in he suplexed me, moved to mount and finished me with 20 seconds of hammerfists and elbows.

After an hour of recovery we resumed.

BH- How is the love life?

KV- It's active. People love the champ, the champ loves the people.

BH- If they were a fan at home struggling with something, what would be your advice?

KV- Believe in yourself. Even if people around you tell you that you're evil and ugly. Even if they rip your nails off and stick your hand in boiling lemon juice. Even if they force you to eat a rotten antelope carcass that is months old...still believe in yourself. And if you see a large gathering of people with spears pointing at you, run away fast!

It's not often an interview will leave me feeling as shook up as that one did. It could have been the hammer fists but it also was his story.

Kassim "The Albino Warrior" Magufuli I V, the man, the warrior, the survivor. Sad but True.

• Upvote 5

SYN SUPERNOVA X

HELLO AGAIN FOLKS, JEEZ I HAVE JUST REALISED THAT IT'S BEEN A DAMN LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE DONE ANY KIND OF PREVIEW OR REVIEW FOR SYNCHRONICITY, BUT WE ARE NOW BACK AREN'T WE. SO WHY DO I SAY ALL THIS ? WELL I SAY IT BECAUSE LAST WEEK OUR ORGANIZATION HAD PUT TOGETHER ONE OF THE BEST EVENTS IN SYNCHRONICITY FOR SOME TIME NOW, WHICH CONSISTED OF 2 TITLE FIGHTS AND THEN GOT ROUNDED UP WITH A PROPER MAIN EVENT WHICH WAS LATER AWARDED THE FIGHT OF THE NIGHT SO YOU CAN GUESS HOW THAT WENT. AND SO TO TAKE YOU THROUGH A THOROUGH ANALYSIS OF THE ALL THE FIGHTS THIS IS MATTY FERNANDEZ BRINGING YOU THE REVIEW OF (SYN SUPERNOVA X)

(UNDERCARD BOUTS)

WHEN YOU LOOK AT UNDERCARD BOUTS, YOU MIGHT GET THE FEELING OF "O THEY ARE JUST UNDERCARD BOUTS LET'S NOT WATCH THEM" BUT GUYS LET ME TELL YOU THESE BOUTS WERE ANYTHING BUT BORING AS IT HAD SOME VERY EXCITING FIGHTS WITH SOME VERY UNIQUE STYLED FIGHTERS SHOWING US EVERYTHING IN THEIR ARMORY SO ALL AND ALL THESE BOUTS WERE TO PUT IT IN ONE WORD GREAT. AND THEREFORE LLET'S NOW GO THROUGH THEM TO SEE WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN THOSE FIGHTS.

1. Saul "Slip The Jab" Goodman vs Darrel Petersen (MIDDLEWEIGHT BOUT [185 LBS])

In this fight we had a classic case of a striker vs a submission artist or a grappler and therefore most of the fans were expecting a finish from either fighter as it is very common to find a striker not being very good in the ground and vice versa, therefore most of us though that one of them would use their abilities to their fuull potential but did it happen? let's see below.

Round 1: The fight definitely started with a bang as both fighters let their hands loose in the opening minutes swinging at thin air and therefore not much happened there. Then they both seemed to have the sudden urge to use their MUAY THAI against each other which resulted in a couple of clinches, one from each and then after a few strikes from both in the clinch round 1 came to a close.

Round 2: At the start the round 2 Petersen suddenly changed his style of fighting out of nowhere and attempted a few takedowns along the way many of them unsuccessful but he started making Goodman think which was a good thing for him. But with the change in Petersen's strategy Goodman was becoming more and more effective with his striking so much so that even after being taken down by Petersen he was still able to win that round. And so round 2 also came to a close with Goodman on top position literally dominating the round.

Round 3: The final round somehow always seems to be the best round in all close fights which go to the decision, but unfortunately this fight seemed to show us the exact opposite of that myth because apart from a takedown from Petersen and a few good strikes and domination from Goodman we did not get to see much action in this round so much so that at one point in the match the referee had to intervene to stand up the fighters to their feet due to the lack of activity on the ground so you can guess how this round was really.

~ RESULT: NONETHELESS THIS WAS A VERY GOOD FIGHT TO START OFF THE EVENT. AND SO THE WINNER OF THIS FIGHT BY UNANIMOUS DECISION WAS SAUL GOODMAN.

2. Finnish Experiment vs Tony Bunker (FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT [145 LBS])

This was yet another matchup of two very contrasting styles in the cage because one of them is a superior striker and the other is a superior grappler but unlike the last fight, this one did have a finishing touch added to it as this fight did not go to the judges scorecard but was decided in the cage. So let's see exactly what happened in the fight.

Round 1: I have to be honest the fight plan of Bunker did surprise me a lot in this fight as in the opening stages of the first round he started to clinch with his opponent fully aware of the fact that his opponent has probably got a superior striking in the clinch as well as pure boxing but still, he kept on trying to strike with Finnish in the clinch but ultimately got dominated in the entirity of the first round with elbows, uppercuts head strikes thrown at him on regular intervals and so with that the round 1 ended.

Round 2: People in the arena probably thought that after that first round Bunker would tweak his tactics a bit as he was simply getting dominated but surprise-surprise he started to clinch with Finnish almost as soon as the second round started but again Finnish broke off the clinch successfully several times due to his superior MUAY THAI and that is exactly what led to a huge elbow that sliced open a cut in Bunker in the 3rd minute which suffered more beatdown until the end of the round with uppercuts, elbows and all types of different striking that would take me days to write. so that is how round 2 also ended.

Round 3: Now as i said before some very close fights get's decided in the final round of the fight probably due to the fatigue settling in making the fighters more vulnerable to getting KO'ed, and that is exactly happened in this fight as in the opening stages of the third round Finnish simply decided that he had enough of beating down Bunker systematically and therefore with some efficient striking and some hard shots to the head of Bunker at the same time the referee stopped the fight and thus ended the fight.

~ RESULT : FINNISH EXPERIMENT WON VIA TKO (ROUND 3)

3. Dom "The Decisionator" Cruz vs Haislan Garcia (FEATHERWEIGHT BOUT [145 LBS])

Now this fight was all about WRESTLING and JIEU JITSU really because both fighters are highly skilled fighters on the ground which also doubles up as their fighting style and therefore it was of no surprise really to see nearly the whole of the fight being fought on the ground and so without wasting any more time let's jump straight into the action.

Round 1: Right from the start of the round Cruz went in for a takedown, successfully completed it and from there on he really never looked back as he went on to try some submissions like the kimura which Garcia defended pretty easily. But then Garcia tried a submission attempt of his own which failed miserably too, but then after long period of no real activity the referee stood both of them back up in hopes of getting some action on the feet, but almost as soon as they got up, they went back down again through the help of another takedown by Cruz and from there on till the end of the round Cruz controlled the top position without much activity though i might add.

Round 2: Round 2 started off the same way round 1 ended really as almost as soon as Round 2 started Cruz got another successful takedown in on Garcia and never really let go of him. Cruz though to get some good ground strikes from top position in this round compared to the last but other than that it was same as Round 1 really and so with that round 2 also came to an end.

Round 3: Again right at the start of round 3 Cruz again managed to get another takedown on Garcia but this time Garcia managed to escape the guard and get back to his feet only to be brought back down to earth again with another takedown from Cruz, and from there on cruz tried a couple submission attempts on Garcia unsuccessfully but once again Garcia managed to escape the guard of Cruz to stand back up. But in the end there was not much time left for Garcia to do anything special except for getting in some good strikes in the end and therefore with that the bell rang to announce the end of the fight.

~ RESULT: DOM CRUZ WINS VIA UNANIMOUS DECISION (ROUND 3)

4. Doug Bell vs Super Meat Boy (HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [265 LBS])

Now this was one fight which was expected to be a easy win for Super Meat Boy but well, it did not turn out that way did it? I bet you'll are also eager to know what happened in the fight so let's take a look at it.

Round 1: Doug Bell came out swinging in this fight and when i say came out swinging i mean it because due to his massive hook Super Meat Boy had a massive cut very early in the fight, which bothered him throughout the fight, well as long as it lasted at least. But then a big head kick from Bell stunned Meat Boy and forced a knockdown out of him and from there on there was only ever going to one winner because meat boy never recovered and then a few minutes later after a huge left stunned Meat Boy again Bell jumped on the opportunity and finished the fight in style with a barrage of strikes forcing the ref to stop the fight.

~ RESULT: DOUG BELL WINS VIA TKO (ROUND 1)

5. Jesse Kilpatrick Vs Dada Segbo (LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT BOUT [205 LBS])

Now this fight was always going to be a very difficult fight to choose from because although Jesse is superior on the ground it is really difficult to choose between them because they are pretty evenly matched in all the other departments really so this was always going to be a close fight and so to find out what exactly occured in the fight let's take a look at the review below.

Round 1: At the start of the fight both fighters took the cautious route to see what exactly their opponents have got in store for them but alas it ended up being a very dull start with a few good strikes here and there. There was also a couple of clinch attempts which was easily thwarted by Segbo until a massive takedown which changed the complexation of the round which was a very cagey round mind you and so with that Kilpatrick managed to control the rest of the round from top position and easily secured the round in his favour.

Round 2: After securing yet another takedown early on in the round it looked like it was going to be another easy round for Kilpatrick, but then from out of nowhere Segbo started bringing out all kinds of submission moves from the bottom which Kilpatrick soundly defended again and just like that with Kilpatrick controlling Segba from the full guard round 2 also came to a close.

Round 3: Round 3 well let's just say was not as exciting as we thought it might have been as after securing yet another takedown Kilpatrick never really went for any submission move as he tried to control Segba in the guard, which was not a great idea as there was a almighty scrap between them for the top position which led to numerous reversals and therefore with that the fight came to an end.

~ RESULT : JESSE KILPATRICK WINS VIA SPLIT DECISION (ROUND 3)

• Upvote 1

Aaaaaand NEWWWW Featherweight Champion of Syn ! ................. Brayden Point !!!!!!

Great performance Champ ! Congrats to you and your manager !

Big gratz to Mark Kerr for dominating the fight against Rick Piano. You earned a title shot with this perfomance.

@Tower you d better get ready for one of the toughest fights in your career !

@Gravas . Are you ready for Partio ? He just messaged me that he wants to take that WW belt home.

• Upvote 3

We are happy to announce our partnership with Aspire Clothing ! Two legendary brands of the MMA Tycoon universe meet again !

RieErC7.png

In order to celebrate the occasion , Aspire will be providing sets of this unique design to all Synchronicity Champions !

Make sure that you visit their store and support this great company.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/clothingpublic.php?cid=5858

• Upvote 5

We are happy to announce our partnership with Aspire Clothing ! Two legendary brands of the MMA Tycoon universe meet again !

RieErC7.png

In order to celebrate the occasion , Aspire will be providing sets of this unique design to all Synchronicity Champions !

Make sure that you visit their store and support this great company.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/clothingpublic.php?cid=5858

Aspire and SYN have got a few more things up our sleeves too... :yes:

Stay tuned.

• Upvote 3

Pekka "Punchmaster General" Toivonen

The stage was set. It was a playoff game against the cross town rival. Pekka’s team's best player just got knocked out from a brutal blind side hit. This is why Pekka was on the team. This is why people kept telling Pekka “give it one more season”, or “the skating part of the game will get easier when you are older”, truth is, none of them meant it. Pekka served one purpose for the hockey teams he played on and it had nothing to do with a puck, a hockey stick or skating. Pekka was on his team to whoop ass. Whenever anyone on the other team (or his for that matter) did something that crossed the line, Pekka’s coach would give him the word, sub him in and watch the upcoming beatdown. Story goes from ages 4-17 Pekka amassed a fighting record of 779-1. His one loss came to a local Boxing legend. Pekka was 13 at the time, the boxer was 39. They fought for 15 rounds. Pekka lost in the 16th when he got caught in a corner and eventually succumbed to 15 uppercuts.

It was about 4 years later from that fight when the stage was set once again for Pekka; it was a playoff game against a cross town rival, his shithead superstar teammate just provoked a defender into delivering an illegal hit. A hit, that the referee did not see. It was time for justice, it was time for Pekka. Pekka’s coach waved him in to inevitably add one more brutal KO to his record. Except this time destiny had a plan. Pekka would do what he usually does, destroy his opponent in 2 seconds flat with a 5 punch combo (nose and jaw broken). But destiny would bring legendary fight manager Freako Wimp to that small Hockey arena in Turku Finland. Freako was watching his nephew for his sister who was dealing with a medical emergency. His nephew loved hockey, they had a 24 hour layover in Finland. Freako was heading to Las Vegas to watch a fight but had to land in Finland due to a passenger falling ill on the plane. Freako brought his nephew to a local hockey game to kill some time. What he saw blew his mind. He’s seen five punch combos before. And he’s seen guys get their nose and jaw broken, but he’s never seen it so fast and with such little effort. Freako spoke with Pekka about a future in fighting. Pekka was ecstatic. It is all he ever wanted. In Finland, people play hockey. When you tell them you want to be a fighter they say “perfect, play hockey, you can fight people all you want”. That life was never for Pekka, he wanted to be a martial artist.

And with Freako’s help, that is exactly what he became. Pekka "Punchmaster General" Toivonen has taken the MMA world by storm. He started out with a lightning hot 7-0 record in MMA, in that time he also amassed a 6-1 KT record. The dudes a winner, but he didn't stop there. Since then, he has continued to dominate in MMA. He is a well rounded martial artist but his Muay Thai and Wrestling are world class. He also holds a blackbelt and can box with the best of them.

He is now 21-6. He held the Empyrean (F in the chat) Middleweight Championship belt and on a different occasion he held their Light Heavyweight Championship belt. When Empyrean closed their doors Synchronicity was happy to accept Pekka into their organization. President Alex Maniatakos said this about Pekka joining Synchronicity, “First off, I've known Pekka for many years and he is a great guy on a personal level. On a professional level, when you look at his record and some of the legends he has got into the cage with, we could not be more thrilled to have a fighter of his character and caliber on our roster”. Pekka seems to be feeling right at home here in Synchronicity as it took him just two fights to claim the Middleweight Championship Belt. “Oh i feel right at home” he said, “Alex and the guys have done a great job of setting me up against other top level guys. I will fight anybody and defend this belt against any worthy opponent. I came to Synchronicity to fight the best in the world. I got the belt, who can come take it from me? Just tune in on 5/08 and you can see what happens when ol Junkyard dog tries to take my belt”. As you can see Pekka is feeling good and very excited for his Synchronicity title defense.

Win or loss, Pekka has cemented himself as a legend of the game. At just 32 years old he could have many more active and productive years. Keep in mind he is still very new at synchronicity, his legacy could be adding a whole new chapter. From a hockey rink enforcer, to a worldwide elite Martial Artist, Pekka "Punchmaster General" Toivonen has proven that people can transform into the person they believe they are meant to become. Pekka always knew he was a fighter not a hockey player, people always told him the other way around. He didn't stop fighting and now it has paid off.

-BH

• Upvote 6

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1588549137Aspire%20-%20Syn%20v7.png

Shirts have been sent out to the new SYN Champs from over the weekend. Congratulations boiks

Those are nice, I was under the impression it was a package deal.

Anyways, nice shirt.

Quick Question for SYN: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65213&page=9&do=findComment&comment=913660

Camp Karter and Camp Camara are doing a 5M bet and we would like to organize Pekka Toivonen vs Chris Steve 2 (non-title) at PULSE.

Would it be too much trouble to please borrow him?

Please let us know, this will be a good fight for the Super Fight League too, sponsored by Mentor Guru Corleone.

Thank you. If so I will fix everything with Randall so Steve can fight him before or right after his next title defense, we have a pretty flexible contract.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

What a weekend ! Two title fights and two new Champions !

Congratulations to Junkyard Dog for a remarkable TKO victory , with only 4 seconds remaining before the end of the 5th round !!!! According to the judges, Pekka was winning the fight on the scorecard up to that moment . Fight of the night bonus for both and the 185lbs belt back around the waist of Dog !

Elgin Turner retains the Lightweight belt after a professional Decision win against Rhudy Rhod ! Rhod dominated the first round but Elgin adapted to his opponent's plan and dominated he fight during the next four rounds.

Other notable performances included Borjigin's TKO win versus Frank Stein and Puno's victory over Blake Green.He has definitely proven that he deserves a title shot with this performance.

Dont miss next week's event ! One of the greatest Featherweights of all time, Friedrich Alzheimer , will be facing Syn's Champ and the most promising Featherweight in the world , Brayden Point !

May 16th . Dont miss it !

Credits for the poster go to Barney !

0hXISBq.png

• Upvote 7

Syn 687 - Preview -

It's a beautiful spring morning in Berlin, Germany. Friedrich Alzheimer is enjoying the run through the streets of Berlin with head coach Sheldon Zimmerman. It's been more than two years since he was in Synchronicity and now is the perfect time to return. His career is ending win or lose Saturday night and Syn has been blessed to be the company he shared his last fight in.

" I've had a few slips in my career but I always find my way back to the top and that's where I am now. It's time to return to Syn and leave my mark once and for all. I am walking away from a fight game that I've been dedicated to since I was a teenager. I'm giving my all in this fight and leaving nothing left. No regrets, going out on my own. " Says Alzheimer

This camp started right after he signed with Syn. In late April his manager Alex K got the call he'd been waiting on.

" Everyone wanted him once our last deal was done. I got calls from everywhere but he wouldn't listen to them. He wanted to go to Syn because he felt he had unfinished business there. It's his time now, Vegas better be ready because once the fight is over we have to say goodbye to one of the greatest of all time!! !" Said Alex K with a smile.

As Friedrich completes his seven meter run on this calm morning in Germany he realizes the obstacle that stands in his way.

" I know all about Brayden Point. The hype is real with that one. He's undefeated though so I guess he can talk as much as we wants to until someone beats him. The thing is I have nothing left to lose. I am going in there one last time and Brayden has it all to lose. He better be ready because I am. "

Halfway across the world in Los Angeles, California a certain 19 - 0 twenty six year old is working out at Team Alpha Midget Gym. Head coach Sakuraba is holding mitts as he attacks practice the way he has done since he was sixteen.

" I'm not here to defend Syn or defend my title, I am here to knock that old man into retirement."

The buzzer beeps inside the gym and Featherweight Champion Brayden Point takes off his gloves and turns to the camera.

" How does an old man coming off a knockout loss expect me or my camp to believe he's in the best shape of his life?! Get outta here man. He speaks about my " HYPE" I get results and that ain't no make believe. I walked into Syn and took out the six time defending champion. This is only the beginning."

Back in Berlin Friendrich is seen packing his bags for America. This is his first trip to America in eight months and he understands the pressure is on.

" I have to win, it will not be easy but it can be done. I can beat him, his age and his record doesn't worry me. Any man can fall on any given day. Saturday May 16th is his day. We have been working hard. We know what mistakes I made in my last fight, they have been corrected and now we reap the rewards of a hard camp and we go out in style."

Brayden and Coach Sakuraba don't see it happening any other way than him getting his hand raised.

" He wants to try and take me to deep waters, I'm not stupid. He thinks he can take it to the fifth round and eke out a decision. Brayden don't do decisions bro!! I'm takong his head off and taking his career. Welcome home to Syn, now take this L and go away."

On Saturday before Point and Alzheimer go to battle we have a Welterweight throw down between Paul Warrior who is on a two fight winning streak and Nick Dalton who is poised to make a run for the Championship but not until he gets past Warrior.

Nick Dalton is in Vegas where he calls home. Training at house of pain with coach Benny Sparks is where camp begins and ends. As the cameras caught up to them in the gym Dalton sparring with fellow team member Billy Jack. When their session was over Jack had word to say about his teammate.

" He hits harder than anyone else I've ever faced or sparred with. I know how bad he wants that belt and he's knocking on the door. This Saturday he'll quit knocking and punch through it." Said Billy Jack

Dalton walked over with his coach as they spoke amongst themselves. Billy dapped up Nick before leaving for the afternoon.

" I appreciate you guys coming out and spending time with us for camp. I know the fans want to see me get this win and keep moving forward. Becoming a Syn World Champion is obviously the end game but I can't cheat the process. I have to take the right steps and continue to improve. When I win on Saturday and get that sixth straight win I would have then earned what I believe is a chance to fight the champion. We put in the work as we always do and we will leave here tomorrow and head to Los Angeles ready to put on a show." Dalton spoke softly before moving to a treadmill where his coach was waiting for him.

Twenty minutes away from Dalton's gym in Las Vegas is Ryōzanpaku Dojo , it's a small gym nestled inside a shopping center. Paul Warrior doesn't train with soccer moms or Dad's trying to lose a few pounds. This privately ran gym is owned and operated by his manager Whymer. It's here that Warrior prepares for what he calls " A shift in power".

Working in one big room with eighteen other trainees is Warrior. He is one of the leaders of this team. Alongside him is top tier fighter Harold Gormsson. They are inseparable and count on one another as sparring and training partners. When grappling was over for the day the entire room came together in one big circle and wish Paul Warrior luck on his forthcoming fight. Luck however has nothing to do with it.

" I know who I am. I know what I can and cannot do in this sport. This fight to me is fun, I want to see if I can end his winning streak. I think I can, I believe we work harder than anyone else. This gym is family , If I don't give my all every single day in here I am letting my brother's down. I know they all feel the same way as I do. That's why I'm confident."

Paul drives to his home which isn't far.from the gym. On the way he points out to the camera crew the gym he passes. " That's where Nick trains, I go by here every day on my way to and from the gym. Some days I see him, other days I don't."

At Paul's home he gives a tour to the crew and introduces the world to his family.

" I work hard for them, mi familia. If I don't work hard they see that, they hold me accountable you know. I live in Las Vegas, Nick lives here too. I hear about him all camp, people are me training in the desert and say we saw Nick at the ice cream parlor. People tell me he's at the clubs. Maybe he is, maybe he is training. It doesn't matter to me. I work hard no matter what he does. I was on a losing skid and I needed to change my style, switch some things up. Now I am back, he is in my path and it's my job to beat him. I need to beat him , my family needs me to beat him. I cannot let them down."

The Rest of The Card -

At lightweight 24 - 10 Kagekatsu Uesugi v 22 - 10 Tapani Kansalaine.

Uesugi has lost two straight and comes into this bout needing a win to stay relevant. The good thing for him is that on paper he is the better fighter, especially when it comes to bjj. The bad thing is Kagekaksu can't depend on those stats. He has to find a way to start winning again, we've seen him put together three, four and five fight win streaks in the past, can he start another one on Saturday?

Tapani is coming off a controversial bout against Diego Hagman. Many in attendance saw it going the other way but that win counts and he looks to build on it this weekend. When reached for comment Tapani simply said " Fights aren't won on paper." A win Saturday will point to a career rejuvenation for the 31 year old but it won't come easy.

At lightweight 19 - 13 Ernest Graves v 17 - 3 Coral Sea

Both men are making their Syn City debut and both want to make great impressions. Ernest Graves is hoping to put his last fight behind him after getting knocked out. " This is a fresh start. I am well rounded , I am ready to go and I know I want it more." On paper this fight is very even outside of Graves being much better on paper on the mat. He will likely used his bjj to his advantage.

Coral Sea is an absolute beast that is currently on a five fight winning streak. He is known for finishing fights and has a 70 percent finishing rate. When asked about his opponent Coral was blunt. " He is the chum, I am the shark. He wants to try and submit me but mate it isn't happening. Been a long, very long time since I've been submitted. I'm the better man and the better fighter. Prepare to die!"

At middleweight 30 - 9 Remi Highjack v 24 - 16 Gennady Mikhasevich

Highjack is 1 - 0 under new manager Ryan Epicity and they believe the wins will keep coming this weekend and beyond. Epicity spoke on behalf of his fighter. " Remi is a bad man and now with the right direction he is unstoppable. Gennady is punch drunk and Saturday we'll make sure he stays that way."

Gennady recently changed managers as well. His new gym is treating him nicely and he hopes that the switch will equal wins. When reached for comment Gennady's manager said.he was too busy training in his gi to talk to the media.

At middleweight 18 - 11 Pat Yaj v 22 18 Arthur Pendragon

Pat Yaj is known for being a loud mouth who stands in the pocket and throws without regard of his opponent or himself. His management has been telling the media that after two knockout losses Yaj has changed the way he trains and it will translate on fight night. We'll have to wait and.see if that's true but we do expect fireworks from the media day all the way to fight night!!

Arthur Pendragon rebounded from two straight Syn losses in his last outing with a huge tko victory. Arthur believes he has the edge against Yaj come Saturday. " He won't change because he's an idiot. To take a punch to a give punch is a fool's game. I fight smarter and I win!!"

At Welterweight 22 - 14 Marciano Cobb

v 18 - 11 Jarred Reich

Cobb needs a win more than anyone else on the fight card Saturday. He wasn't able to secure a win in his last four outings and hasn't won since 2019. Cobb believes his ju jit su game is what will separate him and his opponent in this battle. " There are levels to this game, I will show Jarred what a brown belt can do that a purple belt cannot!"

Jarred Reich sees things another way and after his run around his Las Vegas neighborhood he took a moment to tell.us exactly how he feels going into Saturday. " I've lost a few sure, but I ain't lost four or five in a row and I damn sure ain't standing stiff and welcoming shots. Cobb is too full of himself and has too many yes men around him to change. I have worked hard for this and Saturday I am picking him apart."

At heavyweight 9 - 2 Albert Pulkkinen v 17 - 5 Theodore Thundercock

This fight has all the makings of a stand up war. Since hiring new management Albert is 2- 0 and his wins have both been from vicious knockouts. " I might be older but I've taken less damage and less fights. I've given myself time to grow as a fighter you'll all see that on Saturday."

Thundercock is 1 - 0 under his own new management team and now that he's training at the essence of epicity gym he believes it's truly time for a rebirth. " We've both gone through changes but I believe I am the smarter , younger , faster and harder hitting fighter. On Saturday I aim to please and I never miss."

At middleweight 25 - 13 Gurgen Davidyan v 22 - 13 Alexander Pichushkin

On Saturday Gurgen says he'll look at this as just another fight. " I go in and I compete. No secret plan , I work hard and I try hard. If I win good if I lose I learn. We don't worry too much about what we cannot control."

Alexander sees things slightly different and after walking away from fighting for six months to find himself he feels he's the best he has ever been. " I left the sport because I wasn't happy with losing and I needed to get my mind right. I did that and it made everything better. I hired new managers, I moved and now I train at a great gym. You've seen me win two straight. My debut was just the beginning. I keep a positive mind and move forward. Saturday in the Coliseum in front of that crowd I promise to put on a show!

The show opener at lightweight 16 - 9 Jimmy Carl Black v 16 - 14 Paddy Fagan

These guys know one another well and there is good reason for it. Last month at Syn 682 these two guys went to war. When it was all said and done after fifteen minutes the judges ruled it a draw and that's not something Jimmy Carl Blscl agrees with. " I won the two rounds very clearly. Judge Yuki gave him all three rounds?!? What was that bitch looking at? This time I get the finish!"

Paddy believes he knows why it was a draw instead of a decision win for Black. " I landed more strikes and did more damage with my accuracy. I opened him up and when that blood started flowing he wasn't the same. This time I finish it and end this so called rivalry for good!"

Ease join us this Saturday at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum for Syn 687 Point vs Alzheimer!!! Doors open at 7pm fights at 8pm and are available on the Fite app for purchase!!

• Upvote 9

Hello fight fans... Your weekly fighter spotlight has turned to a big ol party beast! Read below to learn morre about the famous-

Rocket Bob Frankels "The Pagan Party Beast"

According to the dictionary, the definition of a pagan is as follows, “a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions”. According to the same dictionary, the definition of a party beast, is “someone who parties so hard they begin to take the form of a beast”. Can you imagine? A person partying so hard that they literally transform into a beast. Also keep in mind this party beast is a master of martial arts, and does not adhere to any mainstream religion.... That is Rocket Bob Frankels "The Pagan Party Beast" in a nutshell. He is the most simple yet complex being that ever existed. Rumours are he doesn't sleep, he will only listen to psy trance for hours on end when he wants to rest. Stories of him showing up to sparring tripping on some form of herbal hallucinogen were first claimed as folklore but soon accepted as a regular occurence. He has gone on record saying he has been under the influence of at least some form of herb for every single one of his fights. He would not mention if any of those herbs were ever mind altering but he did wink at me when I asked that.

As a fighter this man is a pure legend. President Alex Maniatakos has already saved him a seat in the Synchronicity Hall Of Fame. President Maniatakos had this to say, “Oh he’s a pure legend, I mean look what he has done for this organization, and look what he has done for the sport. We will be honored to get him into the Synchronicity Hall Of Fame when the time comes". Just look at Bob’s record and you can see why President Maniatakos has such high praises for Bob. He is an amazing 44-15-1, 38 of his 44 wins coming by T(KO). He held the Synchronicity 265+ Super HeavyWeight Belt multiple times throughout his career. Many recall his famous brawls with the beloved Kimbo Slice. Currently Bob still throws hands with the best of them. He is not in immediate title contention, but considering this man has 60 pro fights, the fact he is still a top competitor is truly amazing. When asked about his future Rocket Bob said this, “Man I love this journey. I prayed to a tree last night and it told me to keep fighting, then I went to a frat party. It felt so natural to party with those college bros...I think i can keep fighting a long time”. Who knows, maybe Rocket Bob being young at heart will help him keep fighting into his old age. Also the fact that trees talk to you is probably a sign of some powerful sh*t, so Bobs got that going for him too.

Whatever the future holds for Rocket Bob Frankels "The Pagan Party Beast", he will always be known as a Synchronicity legend. His fists like bombs flying through the air, have ended countless fighters' hopes and dreams. He says he doesn't feel guilty about any of his wins and never feels sad about any of his losses. “I try my best, what will be will be, it sounds cliche but if he dies he dies. Do everything you can, do your best, and everything else is out of your control”. Wise words from a man with two 40ozs taped to his hands. Sometimes messages come in unique packages.

Regardless Rocket Bob Frankels "The Pagan Party Beast" is an absolute legend. He has some of the most dangerous striking of all time. Every fight of his is a treat. We are all waiting in anticipation for his next fight to be announced!

As Usual Fight Fans thank you for reading and...Fight ON!

• Upvote 8

Homerun. Reach advantage and big damage. Bringing that bat from his avatar to the fights lol.

I'd like a crack at him with Ekaku but by time that ish happens (2-3 wins out? And notorious underachiever) he'll probably be on the decline. Stats wise fight would be more even though.

Alzheimer is past his age decline too. Much more prone to being finished on the back 9.

• Upvote 1