Is it possible for people to 'vote' or something for captains? Instead of the captains being automatically chosen based on rank but based on who people want as a captain. It will take a bit longer to start things off though.

translate ........

So with your new top 10 status your now afrait of being a captain and dont want the responsability? lol

I don't, but i like the draft aspect of this tournament and there are none that have more established fighters fighting in it. Plus Rory basically begged me and since he is a fellow countryman i thought i'd throw him a bone.

Lies!

Is it possible for people to 'vote' or something for captains? Instead of the captains being automatically chosen based on rank but based on who people want as a captain. It will take a bit longer to start things off though.

I suggested this as well to Rory via PM. That way people won't be 'forced' to be team captain because they are high ranked, but can be team captain because they want it and are also active. That will keep the picks going faster as well I believe.

Well, the reason I made it top ranked managers as captains is because it usually makes the teams more even. Plus it seems like a bit of a ball ache to get 6 captains chosen from 30 votes. As for Bjorn thinking that the 6 top managers might be inactive, I'm not sure they would be top 6 if they were inactive tbh.

But i dont really want to piss on anyone's parade. Perhaps everyone could PM me in game to let me know if they are in favor of that or not. I dont really wanna clog the thread with a discussion about that.

PS JLP i can see you reading this thread and as a former particiapnt i expect you to join ;)

• Upvote 3

Well, the reason I made it top ranked managers as captains is because it usually makes the teams more even. Plus it seems like a bit of a ball ache to get 6 captains chosen from 30 votes. As for Bjorn thinking that the 6 top managers might be inactive, I'm not sure they would be top 6 if they were inactive tbh.

But i dont really want to piss on anyone's parade. Perhaps everyone could PM me in game to let me know if they are in favor of that or not. I dont really wanna clog the thread with a discussion about that.

PS JLP i can see you reading this thread and as a former particiapnt i expect you to join ;)

if someone dont wants to be captain, just go to the next on the list. BAAM done, so simple :P

Ok, i said last one at the last one :D, but seems like i hear only good things about this torunament. So i guess i have a spot when it starts. Plus to keep the vendetta party at a minimum in here :D

short, i am in

If Bob is in, I'm backing my Corporation brother and signing up for my second GoNY. Let's do this.

Going to see if we can get an alliance team in.

Last year my team was

Captain: Gwad

1st pick Scooby

2nd pick Me

3rd pick Tats

4th pick Shiftas

Was great fun :D Good interaction with Scooby and the captain made it a thoroughly enjoyable experience and I met G Wad who has quickly become one of my better friends of the site.

And of course I got to work with Scooby and talk strategy with him he was already a good friend before the tournament. Even if he did run me over on Far Cry :P

But this is such a fun tournament, getting to work with new people. So I urge, whoever is in your team: Communicate, make contacts, strategize and it makes it a lot more fun :)

• Upvote 1

I never did this thing (I'm too noob). Is it worth it? I would have to free a spot on my roster and lightweight ain't my weight of choice but... IDK.

As your alliance owner and your old mentor, I order you to do it :)

Or I will hit you with a friendly Polish put down :P

• Upvote 1