GKNY Smack Talk Forum

andymckenzie

Sphinx shows heart to become lightweight champion

FighterEliteMMA

Wild Bob's Bar hosted GKNY9: MC Vs Sphinx on Saturday June 13. If you thought The Underground was a fighters club, Wild Bob’s is here it’s at. 750 wild New Yorkers came to see the GAMMA feeder’s rookies in action, and to throw some elbows and do some damage.

Before even getting inside the venue there was what can only be called the most technical street fight those in line had ever witnessed. As soon as pushing turned to punches, the smaller of the two pulled guard, on the concrete, and guillotined his way into the back of a police car. Props for the choke, maybe we’ll see him competing inside a GKNY cage.

When the action legally kicked off those that came early for the undercard fights were treated to a submissions heaven. Too bad Mr. Guillotine didn’t make it inside, as 4 of the first 5 fights were decided by submission.

The main fights on the event kept Wild Bob’s in constant chaos, with all not needing the judge’s help in deciding the winners. All of the action led toward the main event where fight pundits would’ve been impressed in an epic come from behind win for GKNY’s first lightweight champion.

It was a night of raw entertainment. Let’s get straight to the biggest and most exciting fight then see how the card stacked up.

[Main Event] Sphinx def MC by Submission (Armbar) at 04:35 of Round 5 to win the GKNY Lightweight Title

Jimmy Sphinx (7-2) became GKNY’s first ever lightweight champion when he secured a late armbar victory to win his 7th straight and pull a win out of the hat after going into the last round well behind on the judge’s scorecards.

It was, without a doubt, the best fight on the night and both competitors received a Fight of the night award for their battle. Sphinx snared the Sub of the night award for his late victory making that 3 award winning fights in a row for the new 155 lbs champ.

Hesa MC (2-1) dominated with his superb clinchwork, landing an insane 184 strikes (80%) in the clinch in which his Muay Thai elbows and knees all but won him the fight. Going into the last round, MC also stuffed 32 of 35 takedown attempts (91%) from Sphinx, but it was the final one that led to the massive come-from-nowhere victory.

With just over 3 minutes left in the fight, Sphinx pulled guard from yet another MC Thai clinch. The BJJ brown belt of Sphinx was on show, as he worked off his back to deny MC’s ground and pound and attempt to lock in the triangle. With a slick show of transitioning, the new champ was finally able to roll into an armbar and get the impossible victory with just 30 seconds to go.

It was a massive show of heart and determination from Sphinx to nab the win and finally break into the GKNY top 10 P4P list, taking the #8 spot. As he talked to the crowd after his fight, he put the win down to simply being the better fighter and let everyone know he wanted to make his Jiu-Jitsu legendary.

MC put the loss down to being unprepared, yet till the last round he had the fight all but won. This is what he had to say: “I wasn't prepared for the match. I have had wild parties and my mind wasn't in the match.”

In a headliner that lived up to the main event quality, Sphinx would be happy yet maybe a little lucky to walk away with the belt. His Jiu-Jitsu has definitely made a name for itself with the late submission.

Up next for the champ will most likely be a match against the current #1 contender in Robert Sito. The newcomer does have a GKNY debut against Jose Cuervo at GKNY 12, but if he wins like he’s poised to he could face the new champ for a shot at lightweight gold.

[Co-Main Event] Williams def Boy via KO (Knee) at 00:28 of Round 1

Lenny Williams (4-0) continued to roll through competition as he scored another first round TKO, this time in 28 seconds, his second fastest victory so far. That’s 4 wins by first round stoppage to “Otto” and another KO of the night victory to his name.

Cannon Boy (5-2) only managed to land 1 punch before the combo that send him back to grade school. It was a nice knee off the back of a picture perfect jab that gave Boy his second loss, who now has 2-2 since joining GKNY.

Williams had his third straight KO and finishes his middleweight campaign undefeated. He’s since signed back on with GKNY as a light-heavyweight at 205 lbs, his current natural weight being 201. “I'm actually going to add some muscle and some weight and work my way to 205. So 205 better beware because I'm coming.”

With the win and the changing of weight classes, Williams finds himself as the #3 contender for the 205 lbs title. Alexy Innokenti has already issued him a warning and being the Russian is the #4 contender, the two might battle it out in the coming weeks.

Cannon Boy seems quite undeterred in his loss, putting it down to cheating. He still stands behind his boxing skills and will continue to develop his hands and push ahead. With the loss, Boy drops a couple of slots to #10 in the middleweight division.

[continued...]

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1433546576GKNY%2010%20Poster.jpg

GKNY 10 OWNERS BRIEF

After last weekends success at Wild Bobs Bar and crowning our final vacant champion at 155lbs, its back to business this weekend and we have our first ever title defence at GKNY.

In the welterweight division, Lao Shin will be taking on Anakin Skywalker who will be hoping he can get his hands on the belt. Skywalker has stepped up to the challenge and jumped at the chance to fight for the title after Archie Nelson pulled himself from the fight last month, so that he could free himself up for TWGC. We wish Nelson luck in the tournament.

We will be back at The Underground this weekend hoping to put a show on to a packed out house as GKNY put on 10 top quality MMA rules 10 point must scoring battles on.

As normal you can place your GKNY 10 bets here - http://www.mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=8249

Good luck to all fighters and hope you put on a great show!

• Upvote 1

GKNY Weekly Update

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1433546576GKNY%2010%20Poster.jpg

Saturday 20th June 15 saw fight fans in New York take their seats once again in The Underground, New York, filling the arena of 1000 to the brim once again to be entertained with 10 fights on the card from GAMMA Kids NY, where 20 fighters put everything on the line. Just short of $115,000 was paid to the best prospects New York has to offer, fighting for their place in the MMA history books with the ultimate goal of getting promoted up to GAMMA.

The headline for this event was a Welterweight battle and the first title defence in GKNY history where Lao Shin successfully defended his 170lbs GKNY title again Anakin Skywalker. Skywalker heroically stepped in and grabbed his chance to challenge for the title after original opponent Archie Nelson dropped out of the matchup to try and get a slot in the TWGC.

The 26 year old native of Hilo tried to use his wrestling to try and neutralise the accurate striking of Shin and didn't even throw a punch, but through determination managed to get the champ on the ground, although only once out of six attempts. Once on the ground he came up short against the Abu Dhabi champ, who managed to reverse Skywalker. The remainder of that round was deadlocked as both fighter showed good submission defence until the bell.

Whatever Shin’s corner said motivated him, because he cam out swinging in the second world scoring with a hook that rocked Skywalker followed by a straight right that knocked Skywalker out cold and sent Shin back home with his belt.

The Co-Main event also in the Welterweight division showed Adlan Amagov take on Alex Goss and went the distance. This fight was a 3 round war and showed great fighting class in all areas that MMA has to offer. Amigo comfortably won the first 2 rounds with Goss fighting hard in the 3rd trying to get a GnP finish but not quite making it and claiming the final round as a consolation. Both fighters took home $1000 gaining fight of the night honours. At the end of the fight Amagov called out the winner of the main event which GKNY owner has granted! He will take on Shin at GKNY 15 in Amsterdam on 25 Jul 15….. Let the Smack Talk begin!

KO of the night went to middleweight Xavier Williams for his 5 second KO of William Fallen who walked straight into a huge combination from the bell and got made to stand up before a 1-2 ended the night for him.

Sub of the Night went to light Heavyweight German Skeng Man, who trains out of Demon’s Elite Gym for his beautiful 1st round arm triangle on Artur Milano. Man managed to grapple Milano to the ground and managed to wear the Polish fighter down with a constant barrage of submission attempts before the refusal to tap got too much for Milano as he showed great heart but went unconscious.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1434147208Underworld%203.jpg

This weekends event is returning once again to the Underground for our 3rd Underworld event brought to you by our sponsor Underworld clothing where you can get all your combat clothing.

In the main event Light Heavyweights Zangiev and Nabokov square off in a showdown that could determine who will take on the winner of BatzCastelmore Vs Innokenti who fight for the title at GKNY 11.

The Co-Main event has middleweight champion John Matrix having his first title defence against unbeaten Ed Landry.

Featherweights Yamamoto and Souza will also square off with the winner possibly going into contention for the next shot against Tony Ramos, who hasn't fought since the first Underworld event and was meant to fight on this card, but pulled out to try and get in on the TWGC action. Lightweight Chang Thong Song will also step into the Octagon for his pro debut to face off against Adrian Johnson, the guy that no one else wanted to fight. Johnson is the out and out favourite here, but lets see if Song can pull off a miracle!

Remember its an Underworld event so the following extra prizes are up for grabs:-

Winning fighter wearing Underworld Clothing (per piece) - Prize $500

Winning fighter wearing Underworld GKNY Clothing (per piece) - Prize $1000

Winning fighter sponsored by Underworld clothing and thanks them post fight - Prize $2500

All bets are up at Combet LOD with only $35k left in the pot to win this month, why don't you have a little flutter! - http://www.mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=8249

On Saturday 27th June 2015 1000 fight fans packed themselves once again into a sold out Underground in New York to see 20 hot prospects battle it out on GKNY’s highly touted Underworld 3 card, with extra bonuses in play this week lets have a quick round up of this card before we move onto this weeks upcoming action.

Underworld 3 was our 3rd highest rated card to date coming only behind 2 the 2 previous Underworld cards. It was also our 3rd (joint with Underworld 2) ticket revenue to date.

The headline event saw Victor Zangiev get an impressive TKO win over Vladimir Nabokov with just 6 seconds remaining in the first round. Zangiev is now the highest hyped 205lbs fighter in GKNY, so could be marked as the No 1 Contender to fight against the winner of BatzCastelmore and Innokenti in their title fight that takes place on 4th July 15. His main competition in the division for No 1 Contender slot is with Gerry Kelly, who’s fight against Lenny Williams on 25th July 15 is still to be confirmed by Lenny’s team. Maybe Zangiev will step in to take that fight and we can see who the true No 1 Contender will be.

In the middleweight division we saw a new title holder as Ed Landry kept his promise and KO’d Matrix in the middle of the 1st round. Matrix is blaming his cut man for the loss after some vaseline went into his eye and prevented him seeing the shot that Landry dropped him with. These things happen in MMA though and I am sure we will see John Matrix back in no time. Ed Landry won KO of the night for his performance netting him an extra 2k and we will see the new champ defend his title at GKNY 16 against Edwin Jordan.

In the featherweight division Andre Souza pulled off a fantastic Kimura in the first round against Yamamoto. That was his 8th sub attempt of the fight that lasted just under 4 mins. Andre Souza also took home an extra 2k with Sub of the Night awards and will find himself next fighting at Underworld 4 at the end of the month for the featherweight title where we await to see Tony Ramos fight again for the first time since he won the title back in April.

Fight of the Night awards went to middleweights McGobblecock Jr (Love the name) and Micky Rock for their 3 round battle which was hard fought and won by McGobblecock via unanimous decision.

Other bonuses went to the managers of Zangiev and Patterson, who both netted $3500 for promoting the event sponsor Underworld Clothing and wearing their brand. Remember to check out Underworld Clothing, based in LV that have a great range of GKNY clothing.

This weeks action takes us once again to… You've guessed it The Underground in NY! For GKNY 11.

We have 10 great fights across the board for you on this one with the headline event being the No1 Contender slot to face the winner of the Co Headline’s 205 lbs title fight! Funny how rankings and hype work out sometimes, but no doubt there will be some great entertainment in both of those fights as well as the rest of the fights on the card.

As always bets will be going up for this event shortly and can be found at Combet LOD.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/bookmakerpublic.php?bid=8249

Due to time restrictions with this org, I am unfortunately not going to have time to write up any events no matter how brief they are and will probably stop these weekly reports as well. I think its more important to focus on the recruiting and matchmaking that you guys want. What we will do is cover some of the higher profile GAMMA events from time to time that you guys will all want to be a part of. If anyone does have the time and wants to earn some cash writing for GKNY, then send me an email and we can sort something out.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w47.jpg

Gerry "The Justice Minister" Kelly 5-1-0.

"Lenny "Otto" Williams, or "Notto" as you should now be referred to - you are a coward, afraid to put up your 'perfect' 4-0 record against me, all your bravado is now been exposed. If you want a belt in this company, your going to have to come through me sooner or later. You should be ashamed of yourself.This is MMA, you will lose a fight, if you want protection go to Boxing.

Victor "Red Cyclone" Zangiev, I look forward to making my debut in the company against you - it promises to be a great fight, all the best to you, you look to be a really dangerous opponent - may the best man win"

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14287255893744.jpg

Lenny Williams 4-0

"Gerry Kelly is one funny guy, isn't he? Your statements reeks of hypocritical bullshit that doesn't really deserve a reply but I'll entertain my faithful fans that have made me aware of your comments. First of off, notice that I am moving up to this division. Understand that I started being able to cut to 175 pounds which is 10 pounds lighter than the normal weight for the middleweight division. Understand that even as a fighter that weighed less then my competitors, I still left people cold on the canvas. Understand that it takes time to gain the muscle necessary to compete at a larger weight class. I guess you don't understand that though. I thought a guy like you would be smarter. Understand that I was wrong. Your'e stupid or as me and the boys like to say back at the gym, eres un tonto. Also, Does anybody else find it comical that this guy is calling me out for being a person who wants to protect my record yet he has a two year advantage on me and "advantages" in Muy Thai and Wrestling. That's without mentioning you have yet to face a guy who you haven't had at least two Primary skills that were ranked higher than your opponents. Yet you have the nerve to call me out on "trying to protect my record"? Not that it would matter though, because I'd still knock your foolish ass out. Eres un tonto. Cierre la cogida arriba para siempre por favor. Toda la gloria a Dios! Soy un guerrero de por vida!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14255081277241.jpg

Edwin Jordan 5-0

"I bet Mr. Landry is having nightmares right now but while hes sleep, I stay up training because let's face it, I DON'T GET TIRED. But you do Mr. Landry. Sitting at my ringside seats at Underground 3 I was laughing because I figured out how to beat you. If you get hit by me 23 times you would have been KO'd Mr. Landry. That's not a lie either, check the record. 30 Days. Toda la gloria a Dios! Soy un guerrero de por vida!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14125321867425.jpg

GKNY 11 PRE FIGHT INTERVIEW WITH ALEXY INNOKENTI

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/37/37w47.jpg

Gerry "The Justice Minister" Kelly 5-1-0

"Lenny, you signed a contract with the org, you knew the rules, you knew the roster. You took the Org's money and then you decline a fight? I don't need to say anymore than this. Maybe some day we'll meet, likely not. I've a fight to prepare for as I accept one when it's sent my way and a dangerous opponent who deserves my full attention.

I wish you all the best in this organisation, doing...whatever you actually do since fighting isn't you thing"

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14287255893744.jpg

Lenny Williams 4-0

"The problem with your assumptions is that I didn't decline the fight. I never once said I wouldn't fight you. The fight never got declined. What happened was that I needed and wanted more time to gain the weight before I accepted the fight since I was fighting at 185 and went 4-0 in this org there before I decided to move up. Gaining weight takes time! I probably should have never been offered the fight in the first place. I'm happy you ignored the rest of my soliloquy because you proved me right. You never fight people at your own skill level and try to prey on those who you think are weaker than you. One day we will meet. On that day, I'm going to knock your fucking head off. Toda la gloria a Dios! Soy un guerrero de por vida!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14148551423132.png

Andre "Gator" Souza

I signed a new 5 fight contract . Thank you to the org owner for the believe in me. I hope to become a HOF'er and if all goes well, a multi-division champ as well. I have the title shot coming up and it's against a dangerous gnp fighter. He entire game seems to be about that, so I know that I'm a more complete martial artist, but he for sure is superdangerous, so I'll have to be smart . Good luck to him and thank you to my fans for all the support!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1435517822GKNY%2011%20Poster.jpg

In Lieu of a post fight interview for GKNY 11, I just wanted to put a few words down about the event because it was such an awesome event for the org.

Whilst we just fell short of selling out the Underground GKNY did set some records last weekend. Org records were set in 3 out of the 4 areas with it being set as having the highest fighter pay of all times at $146500 disclosed fighter pay (No wonder i'm not making a profit!). The highest ticket revenue at $147642 but most importantly our highest event rating to date at 107.81.

The card showcased 10 fights 8 of which ended by KO / TKO, 1 by submission and only 1 by decision.

Our fight of the night was between Alexy Innokenti and Charles Batzcastelmore, where we saw Alexy become the new champ. Both fighters got cut in the fight which lasted 3 of the scheduled 5 rounds and the ex-champ showed he had the heart of a lion after getting back to his feet twice from knockdowns before our new champ finally managed to turn off his lights. The KO came just in time as it looked like the referee was about to call the doctor in to check out Charles' cut, hopefully he will be back in training and ready to fight again soon. Given a bit of time, this could be 1 hell of a rematch.

KO of the Night went to Mike Tyson for his first round KO against Alex Rodriguez in under 3 mins and is putting him back in title contention if he can win his next fight. Tyson had cut Rodriguez early in the round as he dominated him in the clinch before dropping him. Rodriguez got back to his feet and Tyson carried on laying a beat down on him before muttering in his ear and then bouncing him off the cage and back into his fist to end the fight.

Sub of the Night was a no brainer and went to our only submission of the night which was El Matador's 2nd round kimura against Jimmy Snuka in the featherweight division. Snuka managed to land an amazing 21 out of 24 punches in the fight and comfortably won the first round. But it wasn't enough to stop him from being taken to the ground 4 out of 6 times over the 2 rounds and getting tapped out via a tight Kimura on El Matador's 12 submission attempt. A brilliant start for the Tokyo based fighter GKNY debut.

In other general news in the org, GKNY have just purchased a luxury jet that will run at nil profit moving fighter between locations when required. It will only operate between NY, Montreal and Amsterdam though, so if your fighters are based in 1 of those cities and are asked to fight in another 1 they are guaranteed top quality flights at budget prices and will get a jet invite along with the fight request.

Up later will be an interview with Robert Sito, who is fighting on this weekends card at GKNY 12 - Putin Vs Strong. Bets for this fight are up at Combet LOD -

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14133704845947.png

GKNY 12 PRE FIGHT INTERVIEW WITH ROBERT SITO

We're here today with Robert "Sitek" Sito ahead of his fight this weekend with Jose Cuervo at GKNY 12. The winner of this fight should be set to secure a fight for the lightweight title against the winner of Sphinx Vs Lester which takes place at Underworld 4.

Welcome Robert, how are you feeling about Saturday night, do you have any pre-fight nerves leading up to this one, the first time you will be stepping in the cage as a GKNY fighter?

Wow Man. I'm feeling great today and I hope nothing will change before the fight or after it (big smile). I changed orgs because the one where I was fighting ran out of money, when I was close to a title fight...I think this fight with Jose will be a great war. Similar build guys trying to tear each others heads off. We'll see what happens but I hope that my hand will be up after our fight :) And then a title shot... I don't care who wins the title match right now. I think Jose could beat both of them so our match should have been the real title fight right now ;)

Yeah, you and Jose look in great shape at the moment and are both pretty evenly matched, what you lack in Muai Thai, you make up for in your wrestling to even the score. Jose looks like an all or nothing fighter where all of his fights win or lose end in finished, with this aggression and his and his reputation for having amazing high kicks are you worried you might get caught with a lucky shot?

I'm not afraid of his kicks. I can also kick but I feel my hands will be faster than his legs ;) And I hope that luck will not be necessary in our matchup ;)

Thats good to hear you are concentrating on your own strenghs rather than your opponents. Without giving away your game plan, how's the training been going? Your training partner Lukasz Wolek is fighting on the same card against Fez Pez in the featherweight division. Have you been training together, and how do you rate his chances on Saturday night?

Yeah Man, we spar a lot with each other. My boxing gets better and better thanks mostly to him. But we've got great pack of guys in our gym. For me as a featherweight fighting in the lightweight division isn't easy but I train with a lot of great lightweights like Krystian Wojnasiewicz, Herkules Nowacki, Marcin Sokol or Rafal Koks. Hector Linhares, who's whole former career was as a bantamweight, will be debuting in the featherweight division so I have another great skilled guy to train with. They do a lot with Lukasz as well, so be prepared for fireworks in Wally's fight also. I predict beautiful KO...but it's MMA. You never know for sure. I'm almost sure Wally will get his win. I hope it's gonna be great day for my camp. We want only W's on the night...

That's fantastic, it sounds like it's going to be a very entertaining night from your camp aswell as the other 8 great fights we've got lined up on the card on Saturday night. Thanks for taking the time out to talk to us today. I wish you the best of luck in your fight and also look forward to chatting to Wally after his fight, so pass on my best wishes to him aswell. Before we sign off, do you have a message for the guy that will be standing opposite you in the octagon on Saturday night?

No problem. I will pass them. Actually we will be eating some pizza today with each other. We can as we are light in our divisions ;) To Jose, I don't have much to say, just prepare for war and don't be scared Homie ;) See You at the weigh'ins and of course in the cage.

• Upvote 1

Gunner Hilton (256650)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14251385855092.jpg

MMA RECORD 7-2-0

Hey management when are you going to sign me??

Im the future of your company imagine this face with the belt.

Promise me a title shot and ill make you famous.

Love GUNNER

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14133286055783.jpg

GKNY 12 POST FIGHT INTERVIEW WITH LUKASZ WOLEK

Interviewer:- After a great night of fighting action at GKNY 12 we are now visiting Lukasz Wolek after his 1st round (T)KO win over Fez Pez in the featherweight division. Lukasz, congratulations! What a night for you it was winning your GKNY debut in spectacular fashion! How are you feeling today?

Lukasz:- Thanks. It’s going great. I respect Pez a lot, he was dangerous and dealt some damage to my head as well as the rest of me. But it was my day and my night. My hands were working, power was there also. I added elbows to my arsenal and this one attempt ended this fight for good :) I'm also happy that Sitek get a "W" so we both can celebrate :)

Interviewer:- Yeah, it was a great night for your camp! We caught up with Robert prior to last nights fight and he said you were prepping by eating pizza together. With both of you getting stoppage victories last night, what the hell was in your pizza?! How are you finding fighting up a weight class? It didnt seem to make a difference to your performance and do you think the fact that you dont have to worry about cutting weight gives you an advantage in the 145lbs division?

Lukasz:- Hehehe, we're not only on pizza of course but we could eat some being the smaller ones in our divisions. And our pizza....is our secret hehe :-) I feel fighting in higher class gave me a speed advantage and in fighting sports "speed is a strength". But I think I would prefer to fight in lower class with similar build guys some day. I know Robert would love to fight in my division but I'm here now and we don't want to collide with each other for sure;)

Interviewer:- Although the fight only lasted under 3 mins it was a very entertaining for the whole fight with the crowd on the edge of their seats. You were pretty evenly matched until you got the fight in the clinch where you really showcased your power. Have you been concentrating on your clinch fighting in the lead up to this fight and how do you think you compare to the other fighters in the weight division right now?

Lukasz:- I knew Fez is also good in the clinch. I was curious how it was gonna work out there. I tried and I think it was good option for me in our matchup. Probably my wrestling and boxing were keys to having the advantage there. I wasn't concentrating 100% on clinching though, I wanted to fight on the feet for sure and I believe in my boxing skills. When it comes to the 145lbs division I think there're couple of guys that could get me troubles. But I will do my best to beat them all, win the title and of course defend it also.

Interviewer:- Your next fight is at GKNY 18 against Matt Smith, your opponent is yet to fight at GKNY, how to you rate him and can you predict the outcome of the fight for us?

Lukasz:- He looks like great clincher. I also like to fight there so it will be interesting who will have more there… It will be also interesting to see how my boxing will match up to his muay thai when we'll be fighting at distance. I think it will be a battle for a knockout. My prediction is me winning in 2, maybe 3 round via KO ;)

Interviewer:- Thankyou for your time today Lukasz, we all look forward to your next fight at GKNY 18 and cant wait to see you throw down again against Smith. Happy training!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/32/32w37.jpg

Nick Rude Pre Fight Interview - Underworld 4

Interviewer:- Today we are at The Factory in New York, visiting the training camp of GKNY lightweight prospect Nick Rude ahead of his fight on Saturday night against Kev Rubio on the undercard at Underworld 4, which will take place at Hard Knocks, NY.

Nick, thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to speak us as you prepare for Saturday night. How are you feeling?

Nick :- Cool and confident. I have been training hard for this upcoming fight against Kev Rubio.

Interviewer:- You managed to beat your last opponent with an impressive first round armbar in your last fight, which was a rematch against Gareth Mark at GKNY 9, a fight which should have taken place a month earlier, but Mark struggled on the scales. With Underworld Clothing stumpng up a massive 30k sponsorship for this event that will be paid to any winning fighter wearing their brand or thats sponsored by them aswell as to the Of the Night performers, will you be going for another finish on Saturday night? How do you see the fight going down?

Nick:- Rubio has seen his ring time. He has 5 wins but with only 2 of his wins coming by true finishes. I don't plan on leaving this one to the judges, were going to finish this one on the mat. I will feel him out and then break him down. I see the win coming in the first round.

Interviewer:- Your skills on the floor have been proven now, but the fact that Rubio has lost 4 out of his last 5 fights and has his back against the cage as his fighting career hangs in the balance, must make him a more dangerous opponent for you. How have you prepared to take on a better striker that has a (slight) edge over you in his wrestling skills.

Nick:- This is an equation that Prof. Carter and our fight camp “Palace of Pain” have been working hard on. We have done the work all I have to do is execute it, as the Prof. would say. All I will say is we are going old school Jujitsu to bring out this win…. Punch, Kick, Grab, Throw, Break!

Interviewer:- Sounds great, can't wait to see the fight. Before we go, have you got a message for your opponent on Saturday night?

Nick:- Yes I do. Pick a limb Kev.... Because I am taking one home!

Interviewer:- Thanks for your time Nick, we are looking forward to watching your fight this weekend at Underworld 4 on Saturday night, at Hard Knocks NY. Good luck and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

• Upvote 2