David vs. Goliath

Since DREAM 9 just finished I had been thinking about the David vs. Goliath matches and about the freak shows and I had been wondering if there is a difference between them and if they had happened inside the game and I realized that I have three fights that could be considered “freak shows”.

The first two are from my guy Gavilan Barrera, in both he is the shorter and the lighter fighter:

Gavilan "Volador" Barrera [ 1736 ] vs Jeganathan "Jack Hammer" Mondero [ 1127 ]

Gavilan "Volador" Barrera [ 1736 ] vs "Wall of China" Feng Wei [ 426 ]

These last two could be called David vs. Goliath matches since the difference in weight and stature is not that big but the next fight from my guy Chike Rusesabagina it´s a freak show:

Chike "Zulu" Rusesabagina [ 5030 ] vs J ""The Jazz Violinist"" Wilson [ 4773 ]

I know that there is only a 10 lbs difference but if a 6' 11" fighter beating a 5' 3" fighter can´t be called a freak show then I don´t know how to call it.

Now I wanted to ask you all something. Do you guys have any freak shows in any of your fighter’s record? :mf_popcorn1:

gavailan got so lucky. He didn't land a punch or strike of any kind on the ground or on the feet and got a lucky sub. 9 times out of 10 he loses that fight. can't wait to get that rematch

I have a 150cm (4'11") tall Light Heavyweight so every one of his fights is a freak show.

how much does your midge....er, vertically challenged fighter weigh?

Don't have too many fights under my belt yet (got a few coming up, though :) ), so the closest I've got is:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=3665

Not much weight difference (my guy gave up only 7 pounds), but my guy was also 55 cm shorter (which, I think worked to his advantage), and 3 years younger, and secured the win.

how much does your midge....er, vertically challenged fighter weigh?

205lbs. I should move him up to heavyweight.

He's won his first 2 fights though. Once you're in the meaty grip of his stubby fingers, there is no espace.