http://s3.amazonaws.com/stripgenerator/strip/62/05/08/00/00/full.png

Mark: So is that a YES?...
Karl: Yeah, sure,whatever.
Mark: Great, there you go [passes him some paper]
Karl: What's this?
Mark: The script.
Karl: script?
Mark: Yes, c'mon, sit down.
Karl: You know I was going to give in, didn't you?
Mark: You always do.

The pair sit down in front of the computer, a slightly bemused look on Karl's face.

Karl: I'm confused, why the script?
Mark: A script is so you know what to say.
Karl: I know what a fuckin' script is for. And why is there a light on your webcam?
Mark: To record, we're recording this and then I'm uploading it to the net.
Karl: Whoa, you didn't say anything about that!
Mark: I know!
Karl: That's not fair dude, I'm not doing that.
Mark: [Whispers] Too late...

Mark: Welcome to Mark and Karl's Dark Soul Combat Review. This week we will be reviewing the event 'Suicide'.
Karl: [Mumbles] Man, that's a bit deep.
Mark: I'm Mark and this is Karl.
Karl: Erm, yeah...I'm Karl and tonight's event comes to us from Hard Knocks Arena, Amsterdam and is in partnership with Cyclone Nutrition.
Mark: [whispers to Karl] Cut out the fake accent moron!
Karl: [whispers] It's not fake idiot!
Mark: Course it is, you don't sound like that!
Karl: Just leave it, we're recording.

Mark: Ahem, we're going to start with tonight's main event. A title fight between middleweight fighters Roberto Kim and Justin Riddle.

Roberto Kim (12-1, DSC 4-0) vs. Justin Riddle (11-4, DSC 4-0)

Mark: Roberto Kim is coming to the fight to make his 3rd title defense. Going undefeated in his 4 previous appearances for DSC, Kim is a force to be reckoned with and could easily go on and on as the champ. With 6 (T)KO's and 5 subs on his record this guy can really mix things up and to walk away with a win against Kim needs someone equally at home wherever the fight might go.

Karl: That's right Mark. With an amazing 7 win streak it will take a fighter that not only wants the win but has the skills to make that win. Are those qualities to be found in his next opponent, Justin Riddle? Riddle has had his eye on the middleweight belt since moving to DSC towards the end of last year. Riddle has also won all 4 of his appearances for DSC and certainly deserves a shot at the title. Justin clearly takes the edge when it comes to stand up skills, with 10 finishes by either TKO or KO. That's impressive!

Prediction zone -

Mark: I'm a Kim supporter on this one. He's seen off 2 pretenders since getting the belt and I don't think he is ready to let the belt go yet.
Karl: What kind of reason is that? Riddle is clearly the better fighter. His bio says he's a world class boxer. Boxing is way better than this MMA or cage fighting crap!
Mark: [Whispers] Keep to the fucking script. [To the camera] Thanks for that well thought out contribution Karl.

John Matrix (12-4-1, DSC 3-2-1) vs. Dave Klincko (10-4, DSC 10-4)

Mark: Fresh from his title fight loss to Kim, Matrix is in the cage for the co-main event. Matrix is another fighter that can mix the action up a bit and at this level of fighting that is nothing but an advantage. Matrix is regarded as a powerful fighter and has shown this in the many fights that have ended in a (T)KO. Having a mixed career here at DSC, one other thing can be said for Matrix, and that is that he does not shy away from a challenging fight.

Karl: He faces Dave Klincko, a long time fighter here at DSC. Despite being another all rounder, Klincko knows that when he needs a finish then the ground game is where it's at, with 5 submission wins on his record. However, having the advantage standing I think he might be tempted to try a different tactic tonight.

Prediction zone -

Mark: My prediction for tonight is a win for Klincko. Overall a more versatile fighter I think that he will take the win.
Karl: I agree.
Mark: OK, moving on then...

Castor Rollings (6-0, DSC 1-0) vs. The Island King (10-1)

Mark: Next up we have a title fight between Castor Rollings and The Island King in the heavyweight division. Castor Rollings will be making his first title fight defense tonight. A bjj fighter, Castor has won all 6 fights via submission. The Swede is going up against an equally competent bjj fighter so will this make him rethink his tactics? We will have to wait and see.

Karl: That's right, the fatties are up next, with Rollings being the fatter of the 2. He goes up against a guy called 'The Island King'. Right, this is what happens when you're mother is on crack while pregnant. They go and give you some dumb name once they pop you out. I mean, who the fuck calls their kid that?

Mark: Of course we don't know that, he might have changed it himself...OK

Karl: Even worse. Anyhow...King is a guy that fatty Castor, the fake Viking needs to be careful of. With 10 submission wins this guy not only knows how to submit his opponent but will know how to stop being submitted. If we don't see a shit load of rolling around on the floor then I will be disappointed. Simple. It's going to be like 2 walruses trying to have sexy time.

Prediction zone -

Mark: This is too close to call. Both fighters are well trained bjj fighters and have more that enough submissions to prove this. King is the more experienced fighter here, so I'm giving the win to him.
Karl: I would be tempted to agree with you on this one. However. Castor is a dangerous foe. Why you might ask. Well, according to his online profile he really thinks he is a Viking. And nothing is more dangerous than an overweight Swede who thinks he's a Viking - fact!

Cranky Mark (7-0, DSC 7-0) vs. Noob Saibot (6-2, DSC 6-2)

Mark: We're going to review one more fight and then I'm going to move on to a round up of the undercard fights for this week. Up next we have 2 fighters that started their career here at DSC. Recently filing a new name after realizing that he is any thing other than Average, the fighter, formally known as Average Joe, is making his 3rd title defense tonight. Now going by the name of Cranky Mark, Mark is bjj brown belt and, aided by his highly skilled wrestling, has 5 submission to his name. And, if things don't go to plan, then he has his Muay Thai to help him out if the fight stays standing.

Karl: Noob Saibot is taking another try at that belt. Saibot is on a 3 win streak that is keeping him at the top of his game, so no surprise that he is here again, looking to take the belt from whats-his-name, Cranky? A fighter that is more comfortable standing he will no doubt look to keep things on the feet where he is far more a danger, striking and in the clinch.

Prediction zone -

Mark: I think Mark will keep the belt. With a previous win over Saibot, I hink that history will repeat itself.
Karl: Well said, I've nothing to add to that.

Mark: OK, for this week I'm just going to do a rundown of the undercard events,while we look to iron out some issues -

Enrique Rold takes on Jakes Mendes in this 145lbs fight
Jimmy Hoffer and Anthony Jacarson take to the cage to fight in the 185lbs division
Mikey Brown faces off against Aleksandr Karelin at 265lbs
Sonic Boom [Karl off camera(another stupid name)] takes on Nikolay Dubrovsky in the 265lbs division
Dane Kane is fighting James Ross in the 205 division
Rome Jones and Mark Messer kick off the event with a fight from the 205 division.

Mark: And that's all for this week and we will see you all next week as we preview next event 'Destroy'.

• Upvote 6

Karl: That's right, the fatties are up next, with Rollings being the fatter of the 2. He goes up against a guy called 'The Island King'. Right, this is what happens when you're mother is on crack while pregnant. They go and give you some dumb name once they pop you out. I mean, who the fuck calls their kid that?

Mark: Of course we don't know that, he might have changed it himself...OK

Karl: Even worse. Anyhow...King is a guy that fatty Castor, the fake Viking needs to be careful of. With 10 submission wins this guy not only knows how to submit his opponent but will know how to stop being submitted. If we don't see a shit load of rolling around on the floor then I will be disappointed. Simple. It's going to be like 2 walruses trying to have sexy time.

Prediction zone -

Mark: This is too close to call. Both fighters are well trained bjj fighters and have more that enough submissions to prove this. King is the more experienced fighter here, so I'm giving the win to him.

Karl: I would be tempted to agree with you on this one. However. Castor is a dangerous foe. Why you might ask. Well, according to his online profile he really thinks he is a Viking. And nothing is more dangerous than an overweight Swede who thinks he's a Viking - fact!

I'm now a big Karl fan.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Suffering

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1387754961image.jpg

2014-02-15

Mark: Welcome to another installment of our preview for Dark Soul Combat. Today we'll be previewing the event 'Suffering'.

Karl: That's right Mark, this weekend will see 20 fighters in some foreign country try to beat the other one to death!

Mark: OK, let's get on with it...

Andr De Fran (10-5, DSC 2-1) vs. Honey Badger (14-4, DSC 0-0)
Featherweight

Mark: Taking the main event we see Andr De Fran take on Honey Badger. De Fran has 10 wins to his name, 7 of which were via (T)KO. De Fran is quite the stand up artist, versatile in and out of the clinch. Fighting in the featherweight division De Fran made a great start for DSC on his debut by managing a 1st round TKO. This propelled him into a title fight that didn't go too well for him, but after another win he is here to prove he has what it takes to fight at DSC.

Karl: The guy he is facing is Honey Badger. Making his debut for DSC, Badger has an impressive 10 wins via (T)KO with 4 others going to the judges in his favour. That means he has the tools to give De Frans a run for his money in the stand up. Going up against another stand up fighter, Badgers only weekness is his 4 losses via KO that might cause a bit of concern.

Prediction:
Mark: We have 2 fighters tonight with very impressive stand up skills. Both are capable of a finish but my money is on Badger, mainly due to his current run of wins.

Quest Love (16-6, DSC 2-4) vs. Paul Buchanan (12-5, DSC 0-3)
Middleweight

Mark: The co main event is between 2 fighters that have both had a bit of bad luck at DSC, but, it's certainly not dampened their spirits. Quest Love has had a rocky few fights and will be hoping to turn things around. With 12 (T)KO's on his record he could certainly do this if he keeps the fight standing. Buchanan will look to take this fight to the ground and that's the last place Love needs the fight going.

Karl: That's right Mark. Paul Buchanan is a bjj red belt and will waste no time on the ground when, not if, it gets there. I hope for Love's sake he's been working his ground game. His 3 loss run is ending tonight and that's for certain. There's going to be no KO tonight for Love, he can forget about that shit.

Prediction:
Mark: I'm backing my choice tonight, Quest Love. This fight is going to be over via KO.
Karl: You're partly right, this fight is not going to the judges. But Love is going to get it big time. I reckon a takedown followed by a bit of a beating on the ground and then wham! Submission!

Kahlua Zordick (20-15) vs. Ballard Magnar (17-13-1)
Lightweight

Mark: DSC have recently opened up their Lightweight Division in the hope of attracting more experienced MMA fighters. Tonight will see 4 fighters make their debut for DSC in this division. One of which will see Kahlua Zordick take on Ballard Magnar.

Karl: Fresh from his bed bath at the old peoples' home is 38 year old Kahlua Zordick. The only rumble the 'Son of Thunder' experiences these days is when he lets rip in the day room, which 9/10 times gets a follow through. Much to the dismay of the carers!

Mark: [places head in hands] Not this week Karl, come on!

Karl: What!? OK. Zordick is a black belt in bjj...and don't we know it! With 18 of his 20 wins ending via submission! What is more of a concern is his losses. 6 via (T)KO. He had better watch out for Magnar's KO power.

Mark: Going against Zordick is Ballard Magnar. Magnar is the opposite of Zordick in that he has 12 wins via (T)KO. Magnar has a high level of wrestling that might cause concern for Zordick, especially if he's looking for that takedown. Keeping the fight standing is going to be Magnar's priority because if the fight goes to the ground it could be real trouble for him and the last thing he wants is to add another sub loss to the 5 already on his record. Magnar has the reach advantage here so will he use this to keep Zordick at bay?

Prediction:
Karl: I think Zordick's experience and bjj skill is going to win the fight. It's going to the ground. Sub win. Home before lights out.
Mark: I'm tempted to agree with you. Megnar's stand up record is great but is his wrestling good enough to keep the fight standing? It's the last defence he has between him and the canvas. But once on the ground then that's it in my opinion.

Gordon Lefleaur (28-10) vs. Roy Pitbull (19-11-1)
Lightweight

Mark: The first of the 2 Lightweight division fights takes place between Gordon Lefleaur and Roy Pitbull. Lefleaur is a highly skilled Muay Thai fighter who likes nothing more to stand and bang. A veteran of the MMA circuit, Lefleaur has 38 fights to his name with 12 (T)KO's. Not having the best luck recently Lefleaur will want to get back to a decent run of wins and Pitbull could be the next win.

Karl: Roy 'The Wardog' Pitbull. A name to strike fear into anyone? Not recently. Pitbull is coming off of a 4 loss streak, all to decisions. A talented fighter, Pitbull has just had a run of bad luck recently, not least being dumped by his manager. A bjj blackbelt and exremely talented boxer, Pitbull has shown that he is comfortable at all ranges, but is in his eliment standing where he has 9 (T)KO wins.

Prediction:
Karl: Winner by decision will be Lefleaur. Pitbull's run of bad luck is here to stay and I'll be surprised if this is not his last fight.

Mark: That's all we have time for guys, so I'm just going to do a quick run through of the rest of the fights:

145 - Kegon Ichimaru vs. Jose Medeiros
170 - Ryan Miller vs. Cedric Maake
205 - Woody May vs. Luboslav Petrov
265 - Sonic Boom vs. Giovanni Bertuccio
185 - Phil Harris vs. Robin Kluivert
265 - Jared Allen vs. Joe Silva

• Upvote 1