Credit the designers of custom avatars

markyosullivan

I'd like to see the designer's name added to the avatars which are created, there's been a couple of occasions where I've forgotten who did the avatars for some of my current or ex fighters on my roster and it's frustrating when I want an avatar of a similar style or a follow up skin for my avatar.

This could done a couple of ways.

1. The only people who can upload avatars are the designers themselves who then can designate which manager gets to use it. This also helps eliminate the problem of managers paying for avatars which aren't accepted by Mike because it will be the designer who needs to get approval before they can sell them.

2. Anyone can upload the image but you have to nominate the designer who created the avatar whenever you upload the avatar. The designer will then have to accept this nomination, this is just to stop designers been credited with creating some really shitty looking avatar.

By crediting the designers work this could also lead to there being an avatar web page where managers can search for avatars which are currently being sold by the designers, or maybe just look at all the avatars made by a particular designer.

• Upvote 7

I also like the idea of the designers being able to display all their work somehow and everyone else knowing who made the avatar.

Great idea, +1

The problem with the first point is that Mike will have to change the way VIP is paid for so that the avatar designers do not get charged

Easy enough to sort out. Could go like this:

Avatar Creators submit their designs for judgement by Mike. If they have one avatar accepted, they then get a portfolio type section in the Custom Avatars part where people can see the avatars they have had accepted.

People who are looking to buy avatars, or look at the quality of work from people when deciding on who to ask for avatars, can see each persons portfolio. The portfolio's themselves will be split into two parts: Used and Unused. This will help to prevent people from asking about avatars which have already been sold.

The managers can see the avatars, and then message the Creator for purchasing. It is then the Creator who selects the Avatar and inputs the Manager ID to sell to, along with a $ price they agree on. When the Buyer gets a message about it, if they have any Custom Avatar tokens, that will be taken out, but if they don't, then the VIP fee is deducted from their total.

This I feel would be the cleanest way to operate it, and would cause the least amount of complications and make it easier for people to understand.

• Upvote 3