SFC Smack Talk

Boble

These write ups are awesome. One of my favorite parts of the game and sadly their aren't many orgs who do them. I did write ups for an extremely brief period of time and the amount of work that goes in to making a good one is way more than one might think. Kudos to the writer(s) who look into a fighter's statistics and bio for an in-depth write up. Don't get burned out keep chugging along :)

• Upvote 1

Following the sudden disappearance of the previous SFC merchandise partner Knockdown Clothes are now stepping in for the next couple of events. We are happy to be able to contribute to our quickly expanding fighting community here in Sydney and will be offering sponsorships for as many fighters as we can afford on the coming fight cards.

To further support your local business & fighting organization, we are grateful for any help by mentioning us in your victory speeches.

MEaMkWK.jpg

With 3 impressive Fight Nights and almost 3000 visitiors Sydney Fights ends it's 3 card Weekend, lot's of KOs could be seen in The Underground in Sydney. The weekend brought some clearness regarding the Title runs, but also kept 2 divisions in more than fog. Let's hear what Boble Lineman had to say after Sundays Card:

"It is just awesome we seen so many quality fights, however the main focus is to get those belts out. The weekend made it easy on the 185 division, the fight is set for March 3rd Gary Red will face Big Asznee, we have 1 Challenger at 155 and 170 with Pat Williams and Joe Lugg, in addition at 265+ Jeff Messer is the first challenger. They will get opponents next weekend. It's a lot stranger at 205 and 265, the results of the Main and Co-Main Event from Sunday leave me struggling a bit, as the question is, will Zabit Samedov face stablemate Alaric Visigoth, or will their manager deny one of the two their title shot. At 265 we have perhaps the face of the Org Rick Piano waiting for his opponent, and while everyone expected Shazam McDaniels to dish out a win, the question is now, is King Hippo after only 1 fight a truthful contender." But the weekend brought more action than that, some very promising talents made their Sydney debut or cemented their path to glory. Here are the awards handed out:

SyFi 8:

Fight of the night: Glass Joe vs Naruto Uzumaki

KO of the night: Aaron Dale

Sub of the night: Jake Chimper

SyFi 9:

Fight of the night: Ty Banks vs Erwin Miller

KO of the night: Jem Mace

Sub of the night: Isbrand Gustav

SyFi 10:

Fight of the night: Henrik Hightower vs Orc Mismash

KO of the night: Croatian Cop

Sub of the night: King Hippo

Thats it for now, Fights offers and match Making will now be dominating over the next 48 hours to shape the future of Sydney Fights.

• Upvote 1

King Hippo: People are saying I'm not experienced enough yet, even my manager was trying to tell me it was too soon for a title fight, but screw that! I'm on a roll here and if I get a shot at the title I'm taking it any day no matter who stands before me.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/4/4w15.jpg

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15130501601842.jpg

Rich Piano

I am going to tear off your head and shit down your neck!

King Hippo: People are saying I'm not experienced enough yet, even my manager was trying to tell me it was too soon for a title fight, but screw that! I'm on a roll here and if I get a shot at the title I'm taking it any day no matter who stands before me.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15130501601842.jpg

Rick Piano

I am going to tear off your head and shit down your neck!

• Downvote 2

Sydney Fights a look into the title Race

To me the most important and one of the break or make criterias in an Org is the way titles are handed out and defended.

At Sydney Fights, we want to keep that very transperent, but instead of doing a tournament to crown champions everyone entered the Tournament by signing at Sydney Fights. The rules for qualifying for a title fight in the beginning is pretty simple, be the first to win 2 fights in Sydney Fights. However, as more fighters from Outside came in, a win in another Org can be counted, and once there is a qualifier and it takes more than 2 weeks to fill the Title Fight, one win may be enough, as we can see in the 265 race.

In this News I want to show who is close to the title in all our Divisions, and who already is set for the title fight.

135:

This division is way open, so far no fighter has won two fights, this weekend however can bring us closer to a title fight.

Marcelo Barbosa is 3-0 having won his Sydney Fights debut and a win from another Org, he will qualify if he wins his next fight.

Glass Joe won his first Sydney Fights fight and catapulted up in Hype + Pop, he will be back in action in a couple weekends and may be in the picture then.

Mike Chang(3-0) showed some class in his first fight, and another impressive performance can qualify him for a title shot.

Behind those Kyoji Kubota, Pinched Nerve, Zurab Koshadze and Brain Fog all will face off on March 4th, and this can be a big day in the weight class, if a title fight can be set before that weekend has to be seen.

Key Fights this weekend:

Barbosa (3-0) vs. Chang(3-0) winner will qualify

All other 135 fights this weekend features fighters with no Sydney Fights or other Org wins, so it is unlikely a title fight can be set this weekend.

145:

As at 135 so far no challenger has earned his spot, the division is wide open, with multiple fighters being signed later, so to get a conclusion of the title Picture, here are those close:

Илья Муромец (4-0) had an impressive debut win, and has 2 Org wins before, another win should put him in the title picture.

Lartem Obov (6-1) has all the tools to be succesful, a debut win, but with a crucial fight this weekend.

Hodi Gardanbit(1-0) had an impressive TKO debut win, and with a fight against Obov next, he can qualify for a title shot with all his inexperience.

Sun Ming(2-1-1) a UFC veteran, he had an impressive debut, but will have to wait 3 more weekends for his next fight, so he is in the second line waiting.

Carlos Sousa(2-0) Made an impressive debut, another win, and he could be in the run for a title shot.

Key Fights this weekend:

Obov (6-1) vs. Gardanbit (1-0) winner will qualify

Santana(1-0) vs. Lenin (0-0) Santana can get his 2nd SFC win, however at 18 not sure if a title fight would be the best career move for him

155:

Qualified for a Title Fight:

Pat Williams (5-1) has 2 impressive Sydney Fight wins, and will wait for the 2nd fighter to qualify, he already signed a contract extension.

Key Fights this weekend:

Sitsongrit (1-0) vs. Johnson (3-1) both fighters have 1 Sydney Fight wins, both can be elegible for a title fight with a win

De Barros(2-0) vs. Joints (1-0) another win would put one of them also at 2 Sydney Fight wins, so a look at these 2 fights can bring a viable challenger, and who gets a more impressive win may be named title Challenger

Others to watch:

Max Luther (2-0) had an impressive debut win, Genady Golovkin(2-2) brings experience from another Org, and Keon Fezeli (3-0) is perhaps one if the brightest prospects.

Logan Reid (2-2) and John MacGee (4-0) have recently been signed, but look like fighters to recon with.

170:

Joe Lugg(3-1) has 2 Sydney Fight wins, and signed a contract extension, he is set to soon fight for the title.

Key Fights this weekend:

Henderson (2-1) vs. Jones (3-0) Henderson can get his 2nd Sydney Fights win, Jones makes his debut

Petrov (2-0) vs. Ferreira (3-1) Petrov can score his 2nd win, if both him and Henderson win, it likely goes to style points or future planing.

Vidal (2-0) vs. Johnson (1-0) both fighters can potantially clinch qualifying criteria, but on paper may be a stept behind.

Others to watch:

Kevin Daughdrey(3-0) and Akira Harada (3-0) just signed with Sydney Fights, and have to be watched in Org fights. Bruno Jimenez(3-2) and Miroslav Walker (6-1) seem legit contenders with another win, in general this Division spots a lot of talent, and perhaps the just signed Callaghan (3-1) can become a future superstar.

185:

Title Fight set:

March 3rd:

Big Asznee(6-0) vs. Gary Red(2-2)

Big Asznee looked dominant in all his fights, and is the clear favorite, however don't count Red out, he came to Sydney at 0-2, and was off the picture for many, but with two clear wins he qualified.

On the Outside:

Igor Krovchensky(3-0) was originally announce the first challenger, however, he never signed a contract extension and has not been offered a fight since, it has to be seen, if he quit MMA or will soon be seen back.

Key Fights this weekend:

none (no fighters with a Sydney Fight win are scheduled at 185 this weekend)

Others to watch:

Sammy Kilbach(4-0) was just signed with a great QFC record, but his first fight yet to be confirmed, Wayne Benning(3-0) won his SFC debut, but aged 18 is more a long term project, Jon Silva(2-1) is 1-1 at SFC, and would love to get his hands on Asznee again, Irusek(2-1) is on equal terms, and also lost against Asznee, with a fight between those set for March 3rd, the winner could well be the next challenger.Darth Bo(3-0) has yet to make his debut, while Sergei Bumanov(1-0) looks a legit 19 year old on his way to the top.

205:

Qualified for a title Fight:

Samedov (2-0) as well as Visigoth(3-0) have 2 wins at Sydney Fights, and could fight for the title, however as both are under the same management, their manager has made the obviuos choice not to have them fight each other, so as a result of that, Samedov will wait it out for a challegner, while Visigoth will take on Harri Huiha(2-2) in 3 weeks time.

Key Fights this weekend:

Vacula (4-0) vs. Camara (4-0) with a win Camara can qualify, despite making his Sydney debut he has 2 wins at EFA and 1 win at NJMMA making him a valuable No. 1 Contender

Sullivan (2-0) vs. McNasty (4-3) a win for Sullivan would give him his 2nd SFC win, likely with a Camara win he will still have to fight another fight, or wait out his chance.

Others to watch:

Youngster Homelius (1-0) could also pick up his 2nd SFC victory this weekend, but an unexperienced 18yo is unlikely to get a title shot, Wazowski(1-0) brings a valuable ACL win, and may be a force to recon with. Carnera (3-0) has 2 wins in other Orgs, while Farsight (3-2) just joined SFC after loosing a title fight at RISE. Lindham(3-1) also is an interesting pickup, like Gooti Kusta(1-0) who picked up a win last weekend in SFC action.

265:

Title Fight:

February 24th:

Rick Piano(3-0) vs. King Hippo (2-0)

Rick Piano seems like the Poster Boy of Sydney Fights, well, even if he is more seen as a Heel figure, he sells tickets, as SFC wanted to keep his face prominent, it was decided, that Hippos win over McDaniels(4-1) this weekend was enoguh to earn him a title fight, surely McDaniels wants a shot at the belt in the future.

Key Fights this weekend:

Riita(1-0) vs. Snyder( 3-0) both fighters can get deeper into the picture, if they manage to win here in a monday Night affair.

Others to watch:

Bill Shorton(3-0) is scheduled to face Nebel (2-0) in the Co-Main Event of the Title Fight, it is very likely the winner can end up making a good claim for a title shot. Mahir Ferhatbegovic(1-1) has a great debut win at SFC, and will face McDaniels in March, the winner can stay in the title Picture.

Henrik Hightower (2-1) looks to be a great addition, his debut win at SFC looked good, and he will reamain to be watched closely, Travis Dillon (3-0) is an 18yo hopeful, which we should look out for in the future.

265+:

Jeff Messer (2-0) a winner in both his contests he can wait out the weekend, to see who will be selected to face him in his SFC Title Fight.

Key Fights this weekend:

Ole Anderson (1-0) vs. Hardy (2-0)

Arn Anderson (1-0) vs. Cat Fhin(1-1)

If both Andersons win, it's likely up to their Manager to make a choice of whom he sends into the title fight, however Fhin shouldn't be counted out, as he also has a SyFi debut win.

Edwards(1-0) vs. Yaroslev(0-0) Edwards has an EFA win, so in theory a win here can put him in the title picture, but his selection is unlikely

Others to watch:

Hulk Hogan (4-2) won his last NJMMA fight, and under new management hopes for a better run at SFC, than he had at NJMMA(1-2), be sure to look out for him, except for him the division still has time to built his stars.

• Upvote 4

Sydney Fights

SyFi 12 - Preview

February 17th , 2018 - The Underground - Sydney

We are creeping closer and closer to the day when our first champions are crowned here in the SFC, but just because this night doesn't have a title fight doesn't mean it won't have an impact on the overall makeup of the organization. We have many fighters struggling to find their way within the organization and show that they have what it takes to be contenders when these fights start happening. However, if your one of those people who is really waiting for those belts to get handed out your wait is almost over. Knowing whats coming I asked the owner if he was planning on starting with a certain weight class or if he was merely waiting for two fighters to show themselves worthy of a title and he had this to say "Well the decision is obviously to start as soon as possible to get the belts out, we have two title fights set now, SyFi 16 will see the 265 title with Rick Piano facing King Hippo, SyFi 19 will see the 185 belt up for grabs, when Gary Red faces Big Asznee, to me it is very important to get a progress here, once we have two worthy challengers the title fights will be set. I hope by Mid March we will have 8 champions on their way to glory." If that doesn't lend meaning to these lead up fights I don't know what will so without further ado lets get into the fights!

(0-0, 145 lbs) Pedro “Hot Sauce” Siracha

VS

(0-1, 145 lbs) Karl “Bus” Flix

This fight will be a fun fight to watch as Siracha attempts to keep away from Flix who then needs to try and bring the fight into the clinch where he has the advantage. Flix lost his SFC debut in SyFi 4 against Obev and did so in a decision that was so clear even the audience could have called it. He will need to prove himself in this one and make sure he doesn’t get into a losing habit.

Prediction:

This fight between 18 year olds will hopefully show what the future of this organization may look like in what looks to be a technical showcase between a boxer and a Muay Thai fighter.

Winner: Karl “Bus” Flix

In his last fight Flix attempted takedown after takedown and was stuffed repeatedly by his opponent, but in this match up his opponent has abysmal wrestling and as such Flix should be able to take him down if he so chooses.

(0-0, 205 lbs) “The Warrior of Love” Kazuma Kuwabara

VS

(1-2, 205 lbs) Rob Collins

This fight features a man making his SFC debut pitted against another who failed his first test in the organization and wants to show himself in a positive life to the owner and show he is capable of competing in the 205 pound division. Kuwabara has better boxing and wrestling while Collins has better Muay Thai leaving both these fighters with avenues for victory.

Prediction:

Collins has gone 1-2 in his career so far and does not want to fall further into the hole with another loss, so you can expect him to leave everything in the octagon in this one. Kuwabara should be similarly motivated as a strong showing could show that he is one of the more impressive 18 year olds in the SFC.

Winner: “The Warrior of Love” Kazuma Kuwabara

Collins has proven susceptible to wrestlers in his previous fights thus I give the slight edge to Kuwabara with his slightly better wrestling. However, both have equal BJJ and this fight could easily go Collins way if Kuwabara takes him for granted, because of his record.

(1-0, 205 lbs) Aulis Homelius

VS

(0-0, 205 lbs) Corey “Little Thunder” Smith Jr

Homelius debuted at SyFi 2 and managed to beat Rob Collins who participates in the fight before this one. If he can repeat another victory against Smith Jr he should show that he belongs in the rankings for the 205 pound division, as two victories in the SFC is impressive at this early point in the SFC’s history. To do this he will have defeat a good boxer trying very hard not to hit the floor.

Prediction:

Homelius has wonderful wrestling and if he can showcase his skills in that department in this fight he has the clear advantage. However, Smith Jr has learned defensive wrestling in the hope of avoiding takedowns from his opponent and will try and make things as hard as possible for homelius in this one.

Winner: Aulis Homelius

While Smith Jr is obviously the better boxer I don’t think his wrestling skills will be good enough to prevent Homelius from getting this fight to the ground where he should have little trouble of ending the fight.

(4-4, 205 lbs) Rock “RB” Bolt

VS

(1-0, 205 lbs) Michael “Mike” Wazowski

Bolt vs Wazowski appears to be an all round fighter (Bolt) taking on a strong clincher (Wazowski). Bolt has had an up and down career so far winning and losing in equal amounts. He has yet to fight for the SFC and will be showing what he has to Wazowski who is also making his SFC debut.

Prediction:

Both fighters have shown an inclination towards the clinch, but while Bolt only slightly prefers it Wazowski practically lived in the clinch for his first fight and how exactly this difference manifests itself in the match will be the large deciding point in this one.

Winner: Michael “Mike” Wazowski

I expect this fight to take place primarily in the clinch where Wazowski is the clear favorite, if Bolt can either keep it at a distance or manage to pull guard he will definitely have a decent shot at winning this one as well, but Wazowski looked very impressive in the clinch so this seems unlikely.

(2-0, 155 lbs) Bernardo De Barros

VS

(1-0, 155 lbs) Tieree “Smok’In” Joints

These two fighters both won their fights in SyFi 5 via submission in impressive fashion and can make a strong case for a chance at the belt with a victory over the opposition. It is extremely doubtful there is a better Jiu Jitsu artist in the 155 pound division of the SFC than De Barros, but he is very unskilled at all other skills. Joints seems to have put equal focus in his Muay Thai game as he has in his Jiu Jitsu game and has a bit more to bring to the table than just his Jiu Jitsu.

Prediction:

Joints will hope to keep this fight standing despite having won by submission in his last fight this is an opponent that you do not want to meet on the ground. However, De Barros’ lack of a Muay Thai and boxing game provides an opening in this fight for Joints and makes for an interesting fight with an outcome that is difficult to predict.

Winner: Bernardo De Barros

Despite his shortcomings standing he should be able to pull guard from the clinch and end the fight off his back with his black belt Jiu Jitsu skills.

(2-0, 170 lbs) Pyotr Petrov

VS

(3-1, 170 lbs) Fabio “Xabeco” Ferreira

Petrov is one of the fighters I am most impressed with in the SFC and I expect him to eventually end up wearing the title belt within the 170 pound division. This puts a lot of pressure on his opponent Ferreira who comes in as the clear underdog, but you can never count out a jack of all trades, because if he can gameplan successfully around his opponent’s weakness he has a shot of winning.

Prediction:

Petrov’s only hole in his game is his BJJ meaning that Ferreira has only a single win condition and that is to somehow get Petrov to the ground despite Petrov being the superior wrestler.

Winner: Pyotr Petrov

It’d be rather hypocritical of me to say he is a championship quality fighter then go on to pick him to lose. Call me biased if you will, but Petrov has the advantage over his opponent in nearly every aspect and I can only see him losing if his weight management or stamina management is severely mishandled going into this one.

(1-0, 155 lbs) Petchuangtong Sitsongrit

VS

(3-1, 155 lbs) “Brass Monkey” Eddie Johnson

When I did the write up for SyFi 4 I wrongfully picked Sitsongrit’s opponent as the victor and once again I sincerely wish for Sitsongrit to lose just so I never have to try and spell his name again, but he is definitely a strong fighter as he showed in his debut. His opponent Johnson will have a large disadvantage on his feet, but his BJJ is no joke and he will have the advantage on the ground.

Prediction:

Sitsongrit is the stronger stand up fighter while Johnson is the stronger on the ground and where this fight takes part will be a large factor in determining who comes away with the victory.

Winner: Petchuangtong Sitsongrit

Johnson has only fought a strong Muay Thai fighter once in his career and that was in his debut, which is also the only fight he has lost. Due to this I have to give Sitsongrit the edge coming into the event.

(2-1, 170 lbs) Conor Henderson

VS

(3-0, 170 lbs) Pete “Snow Dog” Jones

Henderson looked good in his SFC debut, walking away with the victory via an arm bar early in the first round. His opponent comes in undefeated, but having only participated in QFC fights meaning this is his first time being tested within an organization. This fight should prove interesting as both fighters will be attempting similar things in the fight.

Prediction:

Henderson and Jones both have similar skill sets with Henderson having a pretty good sized advantage in wrestling, but otherwise equal to his opponent Jones.

Winner: Conor Henderson

Due to the reasons I stated above I believe Henderson to be the favorite with his superior wrestling. However, ultimately this fight will come down to Jiu Jitsu and the wrestling while important is not a big enough advantage to call him the overwhelming favorite.

(2-0, 205 lbs) John “Lucky” Sullivan

VS

(4-3, 205 lbs) Mister “The Clinch FuckFest” McNasty

Freman wowed the crowd in his SFC debut forcing the ref to separate him from his opponent at the 18 second mark before he could do further damage. McNasty on the other hand has had mixed results even within the QFC and needs a strong showing here to show he belongs in the SFC against a man like Sullivan.

Prediction:

This is one of the more difficult fights to call in the card, because McNasty has been hit or miss while Sullivan while he has won both of his fights has yet to face an opponent as skilled as McNasty. Look for Sullivan to try and box it out with McNasty and if that fails he will need to resort to trying to take him down if possible where he can use his Jiu Jitsu advantage.

Winner: Mister “The Clinch FuckFest” McNasty

McNasty seems to have the advantage coming into this fight, his boxing is slightly better as his Muay Thai and his wrestling is even more so ahead. The only hole in his game against this opponent is his lack of Jiu Jitsu, but he should be able to keep that from affecting his overall gameplan.

(4-0, 205 lbs) Ricardo “Ismail” Count Vacula

VS

(4-0, 205 lbs) Damatang Camara

Going into this fight its the main event of the evening for obvious reasons. Both fighters are coming in with an impressive 4-0 record, but Vacula’s wins were all in the QFC whereas Camara’s wins came mostly from divisional fights. Due to this interesting dichotomy I asked Mr. Lineman “In the Main Event for SyFi 12 we have two undefeated fighters at 4-0 facing off. One of which has 3 decision victories while the other has won by submission 4 straight times. Do you believe that having been able to win via submission speaks better about a fighter than taking it to the judge's scorecard?To which he answered “It is always a question, on which win is bigger, if you have 4 wins all inside the End of Round 1 it looks impressive, but that also means your opponent had a weakness you could exploit. If you win Decisions it shows stamina and condition, as well as being able to tactically dominate a fight. When two such fighters meet it's always a question of who's superior, so let's see what happens inside the cage, once the doors are closed and it's one on one, all the fights before don't mean anything.

Preview:

Camara is the stronger fighter while standing and Vacula is stronger from the ground meaning this fight will largely come down to whether or not Camara can keep his feet in the fight.

Winner: Damatang Camara

Camara has a slight edge in wrestling which will make it difficult for Vacula to take him down and he has also shown a very controlled fighting style making it difficult for Vacula to take of any mistakes Camara may make. It may come down to a decision, but I expect Camara’s hand to be raised at the end of this one.

Prediction Rate: 46-24 (65.7%)

-Eric Leoanrd

• Upvote 3

I sincerely wish for Sitsongrit to lose just so I never have to try and spell his name again

That's racist! Next thing now is biased judges scoring punches in the air over kicks to the body and robbing thais left and right like they do in K-1/Glory/Enfusion.

BTW I think you should call him by his fight name Petchuangtong - it's not that hard: "Pet" = diamond; "Chuang" = shining; "Tong" = gold/golden - which makes him the "Shining Diamond of Gold".

That's racist! Next thing now is biased judges scoring punches in the air over kicks to the body and robbing thais left and right like they do in K-1/Glory/Enfusion.

BTW I think you should call him by his fight name Petchuangtong - it's not that hard: "Pet" = diamond; "Chuang" = shining; "Tong" = gold/golden - which makes him the "Shining Diamond of Gold".

We have advertised repeatedly that if you want something included in a write up feel free to shoot me a message, whether you want to make a statement about the fight or include a fun fact like the translation of your name : D and now that we are running bets I don't think you have to worry about us rigging the judging unless your picked to lose =p

• Upvote 1

Sydney Fights

SyFi 13 - Preview

February 18th, 2018 - The Underground - Sydney

This card brings many very close fights to the octagon and should have many fights that go down to the wire. With the title fights getting ever closer to happening each fight wants to try and earn his position on the rankings that come out. Due to this I asked Lineman exactly what he plans to do with those rankings so that fighters know exactly how much they need to prove in order to make their way onto the list when it comes out. His answer was “Well, after what I did during the week, and shape the title races, I guess I will not really go for 1-5 or 1-10 rankings, instead each week, there should be an article, which reflects the Situation in each weight class. Like "Champion", "Next Champion Fight", "No. 1 Contender fight", "Fights to watch" , others to watch. I mean if you want rankings, break down the weight classes and you can see the pop+hype by fighter. But to get an idea, of where your fighter stands, it likely goes deeper than 1,2,3. However it has to be seen, how that is classed, or if people want a simple ranking." I also wanted to know his thoughts about this particular card as I found it to be one of the most difficult events to predict his answer was "I guess really close and unpredictable will be the Baxter vs. Hendal, the two fighters look really quite equal in class, and while one is a MT and one a Boxer, it's a toughie, they both have one KO win, so let's see who can take it better. Really Excited I'm about the 2nd fight of the Anderson Brothers at SFC, they both had great debuts, and now they really look in the 265+ title pictures, some already think, they should battle each other for the title. Not sure what their manager would think about this. :-)". Now lets get into the fights!

(0-0, 205 lbs) Lee “Big Rig” McDaniel

VS

(1-0, 205 lbs) Joshua “The Sauce” Syracuse

McDaniel and Syracuse appear to be two very similar fighters with both prioritizing boxing and then a little ground game on the side. However, while Syracuse went all in to wrestling McDaniel learned a little BJJ as well. Despite this fact ultimately this fight will come down to who is the better boxer.

Prediction:

Syracuse showed he had heart in his debut win whereas McDaniel has the more experienced manager. It will be fun to see who wins in this boxing showdown and it is doubtful this will go into a decision.

Winner: Joshua “The Sauce” Syracuse

I give the slightest of edges to Syracuse, because we know for sure he has heart whereas his opponent remains an unknown to this point.

(0-0, 170 lbs) Luke Melendez

VS

(0-1, 170 lbs) Dan “The Sazzler” Sazz

Melendez is a superb boxer with respectable wrestling as well, he is fighting out of Doherty Gym and hoping to make a name for himself in the SFC. Sazz lost his debut in the QFC via submission in the first round and needs to redeem himself in this one. He also is a very good boxer with average wrestling skills.

Prediction:

Both fighters want this fight to stay standing and just as in the first fight of the evening I expect this match to come completely down to who is the better boxer.

Winner: Dan “The Sazzler” Sazz

Sazz has the better boxing and has also shown he has very high knockout power and as he isn’t against a grappler there is no worry of him being submitted again.

(0-0, 145 lbs) Vladimir Lenin

VS

(1-0, 145 lbs) Marcos “Ratinho” Santana

Lenin is making his debut in this event and his trainers have led us to believe that he has obtained a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. His opponent Santana also has a purple belt and is one of the best moonwalkers in the SFC. This means that we can expect both of these fighters to want to drag the fight to the ground where they will try to control each other and eventually lock in a submission.

Prediction:

Moonwalking may not prove to be a large disadvantage for Santana, because they are trying to grapple on the ground anyways. This fight will come down to who has the better Jiu Jitsu and it could go either way.

Winner: Marcos “Ratinho” Santana

I had to go with Santana in this one solely due to the fact he has the more experienced manager, because when two fighters with equal skills meet the training received is a very large factor.

(1-1, 185 lbs) Eren “Bullet” Onay

VS

(0-1, 185 lbs) Eric “The Barbarian” Anderson

Onay is a good boxer with decent BJJ and wrestling to go with it and has won 1 and lost 1 in his two QFC fights. Anderson on the other hand has Wonderful Muay Thai and respectable wrestling, but had a disappointing loss in his debut against another strong Muay Thai fighter.

Prediction:

Onay has had mixed results and looked lost against the opponent who tried to shorten up the distance aganst him. Anderson on the other hand merely lost to a better Muay Thai fighter so we have yet to see him fight a boxer such as his opponent.

Winner: Eric “The Barbarian” Anderson

Anderson should be able to close the distance on Onay in order to control from the clinch.

(1-1, 185 lbs) Vercingetorix Frenchy

VS

(1-0, 185 lbs) Carl “CJ” Johnson

Frenchy lost his debut in the SFC to a tough opponent in Krovchensky who also went on to win a second fight in the SFC. Johnson has yet to fight with the SFC, but had a win in the QFC and will hope to show that what worked in the QFC for him will also work in the SFC. Frenchy is an all around figher with no preference for any style whereas Johnson strongly prefers to keep the fight on his feet and.

Prediction:

Frenchy will try to abuse the weak ground game of Johnson whether he does so by taking him down or pulling guard, while Johnson will have to keep it standing and avoid closing with his opponent if possible.

Winner: Vercingetorix Frenchy

If Frenchy loses against a fighter with this obvious of a hole in this game it will prov ethat he just isn’t ready to fight and has dire need of more training, but I expect him to be able to win through his ground game in this one.

(1-0, 265+ lbs) Arn “The Enforcer” Anderson

VS

(1-1, 265+ lbs) Cat “Chunky” Fhin

Anderson looked very impressive in his SFC debut, winning the fight in exactly the manner he set out to in his gameplan. Fhin also dominated his fight albeit in a different manner as he won in a decision that was not even close, outstriking his opponent and avoiding almost all of his takedowns.

Prediction:

Each fighter has obvious goals as Anderson will try to takedown Fhin and submit him or ground and pound him, while Fhin will try to avoid all takedowns and win using his wonderful boxing.

Winner: Arn “The Enforcer” Anderson

While Fhin looked like he was very adept at avoiding takedowns in his first bout, his opponent was a much worse wrestler than Anderson not to mention unlike his last opponent Anderson has the BJJ to make good if even one takedown succeeds.

(1-0, 265+ lbs) Ole “The Rock” Anderson

VS

(2-0, 265+ lbs) Adam “Monster” Hardy

Ole Anderson is the reason that his little brother Arn didn’t win submission of the night, in true big brother fashion he is striving to be the better of the two brothers. Hardy has looked impressive in his two QFC fights, but as we have seen previously QFC fights can be misleading and we will have to see him in action in this fight to determine just how good he is.

Prediction:

Anderson will be going for takedown attempts against Hardy who will be hoping to control the fight from the clinch.

Winner: Ole “The Rock” Anderson

Hardy may be better at BJJ than Anderson’s last opponent, but he isn’t better by enough to escape the same fate, its a given he will be taken down considering Anderson’s last opponent was a better wrestler, and once on the ground I expect Anderson to once again show his impressive BJJ to achieve another victory.

(1-0, 135 lbs) Dax “Drizzle” Baxter

VS

(1-0, 135 lbs) Zac “Attack” Hendal

Baxter has only fought once, and although it was a victory in the QFC he didn’t seem to have any overwhelming strengths, but had good control of how the fight went. Hendal similarly has only fought in a single QFC bout, but his fight only lasted 5 seconds so we saw little of what he had to offer.

Prediction:

Its hard to guess how this fight will go, but Baxter looks like he enjoys fighting from the clinch just as his opponent does, but has less effective Muay Thai than his opponent. We have seen little of Hendal as one head kick was enough in his last fight, but if he can show as much power in this one he should do well.

Winner: Zac “Attack” Hendal

Hendal looked solid in his first fight and despite seeing little he showed the ability to knock an opponent out quickly. Its tough to call this one, but I’ll give Hendal the edge, because he has better Muay Thai than his opponent.

(2-0, 170 lbs) Rui “Hiena” Vidal

VS

(1-0, 170 lbs) Mike Johnson

Vidal won with a very impressive overhand right that took the fight right out of his opponent, but he didn’t look particularly impressive up to the moment that punch hit. Johnson’s only fight was with IHOF, but he looked very impressive succeeding in both takedown attempts and never looking back once he hit the ground crushing his opponent with ground and pound.

Prediction:

Vidal will hope to keep this fight standing as his only advantage is in his boxing, while Johnson needs to take this fight to the ground where he can impose his will on Vidal.

Winner: Mike Johnson

Johnson looked extremely powerful in his fight and I doubt Vidal can stop his takedown attempts. With them having equal BJJ skills the chances of Vidal submitting off of his back look low.

(1-0, 265 lbs) Mark “Bloodstain” Borrego

VS

(2-0, 265 lbs) Draco “Wild” Grotin

Borrego has fought once as a kick boxer and once in the QFC and managed to win both fights with little difficulty. He has superb boxing and remarkable wrestling both of which he uses to try and keep the fight standing on his terms. His QFC win came from the clinch despite him having very little ability at muay thai.

Just like his opponent Grotin also has two victories, however both of his were within the QFC. He seems to match his strategy to his opponent’s weakness to some degree, but mainly utilizes the clinch and from there takes his opponent down if he believes he has more of an advantage on the ground than in the clinch.

Prediction:

Both fighters are coming in without a loss and hope to leave that way, but only one will have his hand raised at the end. If Borrego can keep it at a distance he has the clear advantage, but if his opponent can lock in a clinch its hard to say who would come away with the victory.

Winner: Mark “Bloodstain” Borrego

His advantage standing using his boxing is much higher than his opponents and even within the clinch he has shown he can hold his own, thus I believe he has the advantage in this one.

-Eric Leoanrd

• Upvote 1

King Hippo

I'm going to tear my own head off and beat you to a bloody pulp with it. I've got a gameplan for you man. You have no idea what's coming this fight, I'll show you some crazy shit.

This is legitimately one of the funniest bits of smack talk I have ever read.

• Upvote 3

Probably should not be possible for me with one month in the game to beat one of the top manager's with years of experience and a better fighter. But no one told poor Hippo that.. Who knows, I might just be a natural with the sliders or beat him on plain dumb beginners luck, it worked out ok for me so far :)

• Upvote 2

A big weekend of fights concluded late Night Monday in Sydney, 4 fight cards, 3 including direct title fight implications let's summarize the action day by day.

Friday saw the smaller weight classes in Action, and at 135 Marcelo Barbosa qualified for the title fight, and at 145 Hodi Gardanbit qualified with his 2nd win, both will have to wait another weekend to find out their opponents.

Fight of the night: Jonathan Green vs DaQuan Zachary

KO of the night: Derek Johnson

Sub of the night: Marcelo Barbosa

Saturday saw 3 more Qualifiers, at 205 Damatang Camara was the top of the class, while Mister McNasty showed a great fight in his Syfi Debut in the next fight. At 155 both Sitsongrit and Da Barros got their 2nd win, with Sitsongrit taking the title fight, thats already confirmed. And in another major fight Pyotr Petrov qualified at 170.

Fight of the night: Karl Flix vs Pedro Siracha

KO of the night: Petchuangtong Sitsongrit

Sub of the night: Kazuma Kuwabara

Sunday saw the big guns at 265+ fight it out, Arn and Ole Anderson both won, with Arn taking the first shot at the title, in 2 weeks he'll face Jeff Messer.

Fight of the night: Joshua Syracuse vs Lee McDaniel

KO of the night: Luke Melendez

Sub of the night: Vercingetorix Frenchy

On Monday the chances for glory were less, but at 265 Rivo Riita showed his class in the Main Event, and will wait out the fights of next week, to see, where he stands in the class.

Fight of the night: Ivar The Boneless vs Theodore Van Anderson

KO of the night: Luke Bentley

Sub of the night: Rivo Riitta

• Upvote 2

Remember to check your sponsorship offers for the next event, I cancelled some that had not responded so I can send offers to other fighters.

Yeah... any of my other fighters that you want to send a sponsorship too I would accept. The one you sent was for a fighter that I will be dropping soon. Thanks, mate.

Sydney Fights a look into the title Race (Updated: 02/20)

To me the most important and one of the break or make criterias in an Org is the way titles are handed out and defended.

At Sydney Fights, we want to keep that very transperent, but instead of doing a tournament to crown champions everyone entered the Tournament by signing at Sydney Fights. The rules for qualifying for a title fight in the beginning is pretty simple, be the first to win 2 fights in Sydney Fights. However, as more fighters from Outside came in, a win in another Org can be counted, and once there is a qualifier and it takes more than 2 weeks to fill the Title Fight, one win may be enough, as we can see in the 265 race.

In this News I want to show who is close to the title in all our Divisions, and who already is set for the title fight.

135:

The picture got one point clearer last weekend, Barbosa(4-0) qualified for a title fight, let's see if the next weekend brings a challenger, or if we have to wait one more week.

Qualified for Title Fight:

Barbosa (4-0)

Key Fights upcoming Weekend:

Boco (1-0) vs. Lopes (2-0) Lopes can qualify with a win

Glass Joe (1-0) vs. Plesoun (1-0) Glass Joe can qualify with a win

Others to watch:

Zac Hendal (2-0) won last weekend to get on the map, Dieselnoi Por Pramuk (2-0) comes from RISE KT, and will make his Org debut in 3 weeks, Kyoji Kubota (3-0) will face Pinched Nerve (2-0) , Zurab Koshadze(1-0) will face Brain Foog(2-1) in March, the winners of these two fights will be sure in the title hunt.

145:

Qualified for Title Fight:

Hodi Gardanbit(2-0)

Key Fights upcoming weekend:

Илья Муромец (4-0) vs. Canavan (0-0) Илья Муромец should be in title fight with win

Sousa (2-0) vs. Dante (1-1) winner has reached qualifying criteria

Others to watch:

Sun Ming (2-1-1) will face Dominguez (1-0-1)in March, Marcos Santana (2-0) has opted for a slow build, and aged 18yo will not go the title route yet.

155:

Title Fight is set :

Pat Williams (5-1) vs. Petchuangtong (2-0)

The fight has been confirmed by both fighters for March 11th, so 3 weeks to prepare for both fighters

Key Fights this weekend:

Filipovic (1-0) vs. Fazali (4-0) Both fighters have 1 win at SyFi, there title hunt will continue with this fight

Hill (1-0) vs. Luther (2-0) Luther had an impressive win, and would like to continue that route

Others to watch:

De Barros (3-0) is in the Hunt for a shot at the winner of the title fight

Genady Golovkin(2-2) brings experience from another Org,

Logan Reid (2-2) and John MacGee (4-0) have recently been signed, but look like fighters to recon with.

170:

Joe Lugg(3-1) vs. Petrov (3-0) is not confirmed yet, but has been decided to be the thought after title fight

Key Fights this weekend:

Walker (6-1) vs. Finnegan (1-0) Walker wants to put himself in the Contender spot with another win

Others to watch:

Johnson (2-0) has all criterias to become a future Champion, but asked for a 4 week break after his recent win

Kevin Daughdrey(3-0) and Akira Harada (3-0) just signed with Sydney Fights, and have to be watched in Org fights. in general this Division spots a lot of talent, and perhaps the just signed Callaghan (3-1) can become a future superstar. Also Johnny Jonsen (4-1) was just signed after a NJMMA fight, and may be one to look at.

185:

Title Fight set:

March 3rd:

Big Asznee(6-0) vs. Gary Red(2-2)

Big Asznee looked dominant in all his fights, and is the clear favorite, however don't count Red out, he came to Sydney at 0-2, and was off the picture for many, but with two clear wins he qualified.

Key Fights this weekend:

no key 185 fights are scheduled for this weekend

Others to watch:

Sammy Kilbach(4-0) was just signed with a great QFC record, but his first fight yet to be confirmed, Wayne Benning(3-0) won his SFC debut, but aged 18 is more a long term project, Jon Silva(2-1) is 1-1 at SFC, and would love to get his hands on Asznee again, Irusek(2-1) is on equal terms, and also lost against Asznee, with a fight between those set for March 3rd, the winner could well be the next challenger.Darth Bo(3-0) has yet to make his debut, while Sergei Bumanov(1-0) looks a legit 19 year old on his way to the top.

205:

Samedov (2-0) vs. Camara (5-0) has not yet been confirmed

Key Fights this weekend:

none

Others to watch:

Mc Nasty (5-3) has made an impressive SFC debut, one more win, and he will look to get into the thick of the title race

Wazowski(2-0) got his 2nd win, and will face McNasty in his next fight. Carnera (3-0) has 2 wins in other Orgs, while Farsight (3-2) just joined SFC after loosing a title fight at RISE. Lindham(3-1) also is an interesting pickup, like Gooti Kusta(1-0) who picked up a win last weekend in SFC action.

265:

Title Fight:

February 24th:

Rick Piano(3-0) vs. King Hippo (2-0)

Rick Piano seems like the Poster Boy of Sydney Fights, well, even if he is more seen as a Heel figure, he sells tickets, as SFC wanted to keep his face prominent, it was decided, that Hippos win over McDaniels(4-1) this weekend was enoguh to earn him a title fight, surely McDaniels wants a shot at the belt in the future.

Key Fights this weekend:

Bill Shorton(3-0) vs. Nebel (2-0) the Winner may be the new No. 1 contender

Others to watch:

Riita (2-0) won the key fight last weekend, and is set to wait out the fights this weekend, to get into the next career step

Mahir Ferhatbegovic(1-1) has a great debut win at SFC, and will face McDaniels in March, the winner can stay in the title Picture.

Henrik Hightower (2-1) looks to be a great addition, his debut win at SFC looked good, and he will reamain to be watched closely, Travis Dillon (3-0) is an 18yo hopeful, which we should look out for in the future.

265+:

Title Fight:

Jeff Messer (2-0) vs. Arn Anderson (2-0)

March 4th

Key Fights this weekend:

none

Others to watch:

Hulk Hogan (4-2) won his last NJMMA fight, and under new management hopes for a better run at SFC, than he had at NJMMA(1-2), be sure to look out for him, except for him the division still has time to built his stars. Ole Anderson (2-0) is in line to be one of the top contenders, next to them other talent will have to develop.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to be doing the Friday event previews from now on, and speaking of which, SyFi 15 is right around the corner:

--

SyFi 15 - Preview
February 23rd, 2018 - The Underground in Sydney, Australia
(by Malikoy Muza)
For weeks, Sydney Fights has been filled with anticipation as every fighter has fought tooth and nail to gain leverage for the eventual title opportunity looming in the very near future. This Friday, a number of warriors from the lower weight classes will feel the thrill of the chase as they step inside the cage in an attempt to prove their worth for title contendership. I asked Sydney Fights owner Boble Lineman to shed a light on the current workings of the 135 lbs and 145 lbs divisions. '[Marcelo] Barbosa at 135 and [Hodi] Garbandit at 145 are set for the title fights, this weekend will bring them opponents', said Lineman. On the subject of other potential contenders, Mr. Lineman singled out Илья Муромец as well as Sung Ming at 145 lbs. From the 135 lbs division, he has high hopes for Glass Joe, Paulo Lopez and apparently a soft spot for Kyoji Kubota, who he says 'had an impressive debut, let's see how he does one week later'. I asked Lineman how he thought the Bantamweight and Featherweight divisions differ from the other weight classes within Sydney Fights. '135 and 145 take a long time to develop', said Lineman. 'That's the reason, that those are the only weight classes not having set a title fight.' Perhaps after SyFi 15 the title picture will gain more clarity. On to the bouts!

155 lbs : Mirko 'Cro Cop' Filipovic [1 - 0] vs. Keon 'Stun Grenade' Fazeli [4 - 0]
Our main event of the evening pits together the Croatian Mirko Filipovic and the Afghani Keon Fazeli. 'Cro Cop' is coming off a first round TKO victory in SyFi 5, where he pounced on an unwitting Josh Alli with relentless striking and forced the referee to step in. During the same night, Fazeli brought home a hard fought decision victory over Nazim Bardakci in a three round grapple fest. It's clear that Filipovic is going to want none of that when Sydney Fights returns to The Underground on the 23rd.
- Keys to victory for Filipovic: Keep the fight standing. Mix in kicks with the heavy hands. Stuff Fazeli's takedown attempts.
- Keys to victory for Fazeli: Take the fight to the ground as soon as possible. Look for submissions. Outwrestle Filipovic.
- Prediction: Decision victory for Fazeli, even though he'll eagerly go for submissions on the ground.

145 lbs : Carlos Sousa [2 - 0] vs. Silvio Dante [1 - 1]
The Portuguese Sousa notched a win on his Sydney Fights debut in SyFi 5, where he won on the judges' scorecards against Half Life. The two were awarded the Fight Of The Night bonus for their efforts in a bout that saw Carlos Sousa dominate the grappling exchanges. Silvio Dante is making his promotional debut here, though he is one a piece in org competition and coming off a first round loss by referee stoppage.
- Keys to victory for Sousa: Avoid stand up at all costs. Rush for takedowns. Force Dante to tap to a submission.
- Keys to victory for Dante: Outwork Sousa by making the fight as dirty as possible. Control positioning with striking, clinching and wrestling. Aggressively pepper Sousa with punches without getting caught in a takedown.
- Prediction: Likely to finish, hard to say who will edge out the winner. Carlos Sousa is better on the ground, but severly outclassed on the feet. I'll go for Silvio Dante by TKO, if he can be the superior grappler.

135 lbs : Antonio 'Demo' Boco [1 - 0] vs. Paulo 'Matador' Lopes [2 - 0]
- Keys to victory for Boco: He'd likely be best left standing and banging, but something tells me he's not going to do that. Instead, he'll try and work a submission. It's crucial Boco avoids all wrestling.
- Keys to victory for Lopes: Don't sleep on the ground with the BJJ brown belt Boco. Clinch all day, only take the fight to the ground if there's a ground and pound victory there.
- Prediction: Submission victory for Antonio Boco, because Lopes might make the mistake of taking the action to the mat.

145 lbs : Илья Муромец [4 - 0] vs. Michael 'Wild Child' Canavan [0 - 0]
- Keys to victory for Муромец: Actively go for the finish, whether standing, clinching or grappling.
- Keys to victory for Canavan: Slow the fight down by any means necessary. Use clinching to negate offence. Pray to a higher being, as it'll be a rough debut for the Irish 'Wild Child'!
- Prediction: Илья Муромец by TKO, possibly in the first round.

145 lbs : Mateusz 'The Wizzard' Biernat [0 - 2] vs. Stan 'Butcher' Booth [0 - 1]
- Keys to victory for Biernat: Avoid standing with Booth. Instead, actively seek a takedown and finish the fight on the ground.
- Keys to victory for Booth: Stay on the outside hoping Biernat doesn't come shooting in, which he will.
- Prediction: Mateusz Biernat by TKO.

145 lbs : Joao 'Fininho' Freitas [0 - 0] vs. 'El Castigador De Juárez' DeMario Valdez [0 - 0]
- Keys to victory for Freitas: Forget striking with Valdez and go for a takedown early. Once there, lock in a submission.
- Keys to victory for Valdez: Use boxing and footwork to keep Freitas at bay. Be prepared to sprawl A LOT!
- Prediction: Joao Freitas by submission.

155 lbs : JP 'The Smoker' CooL [1 - 0] vs. Ethan Dalrymple [1 - 0]
- Keys to victory for CooL: He has superb mat work and should try to utilize it to his best ability here. Any attempts to go to the pocket would be foolish.
- Keys to victory for Dalrymple: Don't go testing swords with CooL on the ground. Stuff the takedowns and answer with counter striking. Dalrymple is likely to be the better fighter in the clinch, which leaves open the possibility of working inside boxing from the clinch.
- Prediction: Ethan Dalrymple by decision.

135 lbs : Dani Yadin [0 - 1] vs. 'The Avenging Angel' DeJuan Carneiro [0 - 0]
- Keys to victory for Yadin: Use kicks to control range with quick punches should Carneiro move in. Avoid the clinch, avoid the ground.
- Keys to victory for Carneiro: Shoot in right away with vigilance, since Yadin has a variety of kicks in his arsenal. Force the issue with submissions for the finish.
- Prediction: DeJuan Carneiro by submission.

265 lbs : Canelo Lopez [0 - 0] vs. Karl Anthony Towns [1 - 0]
- Keys to victory for Lopez: Conditioning, as Towns had a high output in his debut win by decision over Markus Hambucher. Lopez's best bet would be to catch Towns and not let go.
- Keys to victory for Towns: Have patience and outwork Lopez in the stand up. If Towns can do his thing here, he should do well.
- Prediction: Karl Anthony Towns by a clear decision.

135 lbs : Brandon Shumaker [0 - 1] v Joh 'The Ice Ax' Fabnik [4 - 1]
- Keys to victory for Shumaker: If that BJJ blue belt is only for defence, go for a freak knock out. If not, takedown Fabnik and make him tap.
- Keys to victory for Fabnik: Fabnik is quickly gaining a reputation as somewhat of a clinch specialist and many are expecting him to do exactly that against Shumaker. The only way I see Fabnik getting caught is in a submission, like he did to Brain Fog's rear naked choke in SyFi 5.
- Prediction: Joh Fabnik by TKO.

• Upvote 1