Training

Hi

I am very new into the game (my 1st week)...

I have 3 fighters and I am currently trying out some training routinees... A bit trial and error at the moment..

I think I understand the **, *, *, ** progression.

A couple of questions...

I only ever see slight improvement so from * to ** in only one category (is this normal), but this mornign I did circuit training and there were no visable improvements? Why not?

Does the level of Trainer / Coach make that much of a difference?

Is it better early on to concentrate on your fighters weaker skills to achieve an acceptable level or look to increase his already stronger skills - I guess what I am asking is should all fighter have a base of Mediocre minimum for all primary skills?

Does your fighters Primary skills (Boxing, MT, Wrestling & BJJ) only increase when an number of secondary (Punch, Kick, Elbow, etc...) improve?

What are Agility, Flexibility, Sprred, Strenght, Conditioning & Balacne classes as.. secondary? And I take it they have an impact on all aspects of your fighter when performing his primary skills (Boxing, MT, Wrestling & BJJ).

Thanks

:training2:

I only ever see slight improvement so from * to ** in only one category (is this normal), but this mornign I did circuit training and there were no visable improvements? Why not?

-----Yes this is normal, especially in a public gym. CTs train all your physicals at once, so you won't see big gains in one session. Compared to secondary training where you get a bigger gain for focused training on one skill.

Does the level of Trainer / Coach make that much of a difference?

-----It depends on the skill of the coach and the fighter he is training. Look at the Coach Changes here. If you have 40 in a skill and the coach is 110(Wonderful) you would get the same gain as if the coach was 150(Elite). You can ignore the stuff about maintenance/tickers in that post, the maintenance has been removed. More info on that here.

Is it better early on to concentrate on your fighters weaker skills to achieve an acceptable level or look to increase his already stronger skills - I guess what I am asking is should all fighter have a base of Mediocre minimum for all primary skills?

-----Someone more knowledgeable about fighting earlier in their career will probably help you more than me.

Does your fighters Primary skills (Boxing, MT, Wrestling & BJJ) only increase when an number of secondary (Punch, Kick, Elbow, etc...) improve?

-----The get minimal improvements from secondary training. To improve them faster you can spar them.

What are Agility, Flexibility, Sprred, Strenght, Conditioning & Balacne classes as.. secondary? And I take it they have an impact on all aspects of your fighter when performing his primary skills (Boxing, MT, Wrestling & BJJ).

-----They are classified as physicals and you use CTs to improve them directly. Some do get small gains when you train secondaries or sparing. Training transitions for example is give a slight gain to agility, but cts is what you really do to improve physicals. Flex/Strength/Conditions have specific training like yoga/weights/cardio, but still get gains from cts as well.