DIS IS 2019 AWARDZ THREAD - BRAINSTORM

Monsieur.Camara

I think those awards that wont have any real data behind and are 100% popularity based, are totally pointless. Like submission of the year, KO of the year etc.

I tend to agree with this. Last year I honestly voted for 4-5 categories and the rest I didn`t even bother.

Would be nice to focus on quality instead of quantity this year and get more votes in each category. Keep your ideas coming please, another 4-5 days and we can agree on this and move on to the nominations portion.

Thank you all for your input.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just a heads up I`m gonna start posting the nominations threads this weekend, following the same timelines as previous years (mid november) . I will start with the obvious, undisputed categories and we can add categories if people are absolutely set on having them but again in my humble opinion our measures of success should be:

1- less categories therefore bigger participation in each category

2- Avoid noob mistakes like allowing incorrect nominees into certain categories ( ie: Me nominated for new manager or the year after playig for 2+ years, not setting a max number of votes per alliance = LOD wins everything)

3- Shadiness, oh hi GBU , also fuck you bye GBU

• Downvote 7

Ok just a heads up I`m gonna start posting the nominations threads this weekend, following the same timelines as previous years (mid november) . I will start with the obvious, undisputed categories and we can add categories if people are absolutely set on having them but again in my humble opinion our measures of success should be:

1- less categories therefore bigger participation in each category

2- Avoid noob mistakes like allowing incorrect nominees into certain categories ( ie: Me nominated for new manager or the year after playig for 2+ years, not setting a max number of votes per alliance = LOD wins everything)

3- Shadiness, oh hi GBU , also fuck you bye GBU

I'm gonna quote this for prosperity cause I have a feeling you meant to put someone else on blast and not your own alliance

• Upvote 1

Ok based on your recos here is the list:

Alliance
Company
Org
ID org
Fighter, per division

Poster

Designer
Manager

New Manager

Breakthrough Manager
Writer
Upset
Fight character

Eligibility Rules:

265+ nominee must weight 266 lbs minimum before cut

New Manager must have start date of January 1st, 2019 or later

No more than 5 alliance votes per category

**I`m not gonna add this in each thread but goes without saying: You cannot nominate yourself , your fighter or your company like in other years **

• Upvote 1

**I`m not gonna add this in each thread but goes without saying: You cannot nominate yourself , your fighter or your company like in other years **

You should have put this in each thread - since you posted 3 rules in each thread, but not this rule, I incorrectly thought this rule no longer applied.

Can i request, each time someone makes a nomination that the link to that manager be thrown in.

I have been looking through some of the award nominations and i could not tell you who some of these abbreviated names are but i would love to take part in this!

I also think certain awards are totally different, for example we have the best org of the year and CEO of the year, i think the org is based on which org did better, the CEO award is based on which owner ran his org better. So why remove one of those?

They sound almost the same. I don’t know man at some point we had to make some cuts and compromise since awards with 100 categories had gotten stale, on that everyone agreed.

We also brainstormed for almost a month and this never came up.

If enough people want it I guess we can add it, let’s see what more managers think about this in this thread yeah ?

Can i request, each time someone makes a nomination that the link to that manager be thrown in.

I have been looking through some of the award nominations and i could not tell you who some of these abbreviated names are but i would love to take part in this!

When the voting goes up I will do my best to post links :)

Any chance we can add grappler and KT fighter of the year awards ? And split company of the year into nutrition and clothing ? It just seems lazy and unfair to group all those great companies into one award slot.

Oh shit I totally missed this post, not intended.

We have added KT and Grappler of the Year, I posted on John`s thread and asked to pls let me know if you guys wanted a separate thread or for TJ to help us edit the one John started. Adding KT and Grappler of the Year was a no brainer, that was just a mistake.

Items pending:

1- Chuck`s idea of splitting Company of the year into 2 new categories (nutrition and clothing).

2- Mentor`s idea of adding CEO of the year.

I really want people to give me your input on this pls, in my humble opinion we have enough awards but if enough people want it no worries it will be a pleasure.

I went w the reduced list we worked out during the Brainstorming phase.

Voting Polls will go up riht after the New Year so between Jan 1st and 5th like last year.

Oh shit I totally missed this post, not intended.

We have added KT and Grappler of the Year, I posted on John`s thread and asked to pls let me know if you guys wanted a separate thread or for TJ to help us edit the one John started. Adding KT and Grappler of the Year was a no brainer, that was just a mistake.

Items pending:

1- Chuck`s idea of splitting Company of the year into 2 new categories (nutrition and clothing).

2- Mentor`s idea of adding CEO of the year.

I really want people to give me your input on this pls, in my humble opinion we have enough awards but if enough people want it no worries it will be a pleasure.

I went w the reduced list we worked out during the Brainstorming phase.

Voting Polls will go up riht after the New Year so between Jan 1st and 5th like last year.

I am not sure the Grappler of the year has a place in the awards, In the whole game, we have just one Grappling org. In fact, i just had a look and we have a total of 2 orgs involved in KT, a total of 135 fighters. In my opinion they do not deserve a game award, it is enough for the owners of each org give out a company award for best fighter. Either way, you added the poll, so fuck it, i see no issue having more awards anyway.

Splitting Nutrition from Clothing clearly makes sense because they are two, totally different company types.

The Org vs CEO award also makes sense splitting because the Org of the year award is based upon what org performed the best in super fights + has the most talent. Often this award comes down to merging of orgs and buyouts (so a top level org that buys out a high end org, can often have the best talent, CEC did this in 2019, in 2018 GAMMA had the deepest roster because we bought Duel). In terms of CEO, it is more to do with what org owner runs the best org for it's managers. This means, articles, activity levels, competing in tournaments / leagues, super fights, etc. The CEO award can be won by a mid tier owner if he is doing a good job and people think that his work overall is the best, however, a mid tier org, should not be even considered for the Org of the year award.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Both Org and CEO awards can be awarded for the best-run org, doesnt matter if it has the strongest roster, the highest rating or whatever. I dont see any sense of having two awards for the same thing. Mentor wants to have CEO category, cause it is the only award he has a chance of winning.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

because the Org of the year award is based upon what org performed the best in super fights + has the most talent.

Since when lol

All of the awards are subjective and there is no criteria when it comes to any of the nominations and candidates, other than what the voter sets themselves.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not a huge fan of these awards but imo Camara seems to be handling it pretty well.

I wanted to bring up I think a byproduct of having a ton of awards is also people placing these oddly specific definitions to them, sure CEO and org owner of the year picked up different meanings over time but it probably shouldn't have.

I also think if we have a category for every weight class that an mma fighter most likely wins we can include 1 kt and grappling fighter - a bit inclusive and starting to move into the direction of adding too much but as long as that's tracked it seems fine to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Both Org and CEO awards can be awarded for the best-run org, doesnt matter if it has the strongest roster, the highest rating or whatever. I dont see any sense of having two awards for the same thing. Mentor wants to have CEO category, cause it is the only award he has a chance of winning.

I have 3 awards besides the CEO of the year including winning the Org of the year award for the past 2 years, so move along.

That is your opinion. How many awards did you win the past 2 years? Zero? So even if you consider my 4 awards being worth just 2, it is still 2 more than you have over the same period.

Personally i do not like the idea of reducing all these awards, if it was down to me, i would keep most, if not all of the previous awards. I mean why remove the "best submission", "biggest upset" etc. All these awards are polls anyway, there is no real criteria other than someone nominated you.

That is your opinion. How many awards did you win the past 2 years? Zero? So even if you consider my 4 awards being worth just 2, it is still 2 more than you have over the same period.

Personally i do not like the idea of reducing all these awards, if it was down to me, i would keep most, if not all of the previous awards. I mean why remove the "best submission", "biggest upset" etc. All these awards are polls anyway, there is no real criteria other than someone nominated you.

I'm a little confused what you want Mentor. First you say you want rid of KT and grappling awards then you say if it was down to you you'd keep all the awards.

So are you saying you want to keep every award we've had previously except KT and grappling?

• Upvote 1

I would keep all the awards and add the grappling award as well, the more awards, the better. Just based on the current poll's, 4/5 of all the awards were removed for some reason, so why is a grappling award being added (even though we have just one grappling award), while other awards are being removed? Anyway, i wont bother replying, i do not really give a crap, next year someone else will come up with their own set of polls and rules. The good news is that Mike wont need to send out that many trophies this year.