Do you like chael sonnen (after bones fight redo poll)

Do you like chael sonnen (after bones fight redo poll)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like chael sonnen (after bones fight redo poll)

• Yes (multiple choices allowed)
    • no
    • dont care either way
    • totally changed my view of him after the bones jones fight. (can select more than one choice at once)

I LOVED sonnen. til this last fight. now i am pissed at him. i want to redo this poll to see if others have changed their minds also, or if they still feel the same. I was actually so mad i said "i will not pay to watch a sonnen fight, not ever"

the last poll

32 yes

8 no

6 dont mind

It depends if your talkin bout likin him as a person or a fighter? A person yes a fighter no, in my opinion. My opinion has not changed since the jones fight. If you are talkin about liking him as a person in this poll and changed your mind cos he lost a fight, that's harsh... But maybe your not?

well. i think a fighter can be judged based on his fighter personality? idk. how to say it so ill just be blunt. he gave up imo. i viewed him as just being a coward and laying there for an easy paycheck cause he knew he was just gonna look bad if he tried to fight more. obviously i cant know whats in his mind. but i know for sure he could have rolled to his knees or took an open guard position. hes a professional. this is his life. he knows his options from the positions like jenna jameson knows her positions when a camera is rolling. :) thats 3 for today on jenna

so ya, i think he made a personal decision to be a coward and not do his job which was to fight. thats both as a fighter and as a person that he made those choices. plus he ran his mouth too damn much to not go out like a warrior. and thats just his personal decision in and out of the cage. it wasnt the fighter in the cage that slipped up. it was the person i see running his mouth every day (very comical guy i might add and i love his jokes) but he brought shame to himself in my eyes as a fan of the fighter, and person, chael sonnen.

As a person Chael is good (as seen on TUF) but as a fighter no, his style is typical of what fans hate just push forward look for a takedown lay on top

Chael is Chael -- great shit talker and great coach (honestly the best coach TUF has had) but a mediocre fighter -- i dont think he gave up in the jones fight he just never stood a chance or could even get started -- jones' physicality (speed / strength) way just way too much

• Upvote 3

Didn't really change a thing for me. We all knew how the fight would end up, and claiming he would retire them trashing Wandy for a fight a couple days later is the same Chael we are all used to. Can't be held to anything he says, because he is always full of crap when he says it. Losing to Jones like that was expected, and I really won't fault him for that.

i didnt expect him to win. thats not the point. its how he just layed there and didnt keep the judge from stepping in by making a movement. he make all the signs a fighter has to make when he wants out of a fight.

i didnt expect him to win. thats not the point. its how he just layed there and didnt keep the judge from stepping in by making a movement. he make all the signs a fighter has to make when he wants out of a fight.

Agreed. Sonnen showed up for the payday and relied on the ref to protect him.

Chael is Chael -- great shit talker and great coach (honestly the best coach TUF has had) but a mediocre fighter -- i dont think he gave up in the jones fight he just never stood a chance or could even get started -- jones' physicality (speed / strength) way just way too much

I don't think he's a mediocre fighter, he's a really good one-dimensional fighter, but I do agree with you that he didn't give up, he just really didn't stand a chance

i would like to see him one day sits besides joe rogan. Awesome combo

would indeed be awesome but I'd rather see Chael take Rogan's chair, I don't always like Rogan's commentary

• Downvote 1

Jones is big for a LHW, and Sonnen is an average sized MW. Everything Sonnen is good at ( which is very limited though he is really good at it ) Jones happens to excel at. Chael didn't just quit. Jones beat him up. Sonnen has one thing and one thing only. Aggressively high paced wrestling. Jones also happens to be a very accomplished wrestler and much much bigger. Toss in that Jones has been spending the last many years picking up other skills and that fight went exactly as expected. There are many things I am happy to rip on Sonnen for, but that is not one of them.
  • Upvote 1

Chael is one of the most entertaining guys in the biz. He can back up (most of) the trash talk too. Just not against the absolute best fighters in the world like Silva & Bones haha.

Say what you will about Chael, but the guy isn't scared of anyone, is a 100% company man, and sells fights better than anyone in the business.

I'm amazed that anyone hates him, really. His style is boring but I'm still always excited to watch, because he's really good at his style and very few can stop him. Jones, a LHW that should be a HW, obviously can. Silva, the reigning MW champ.. he had a lot of trouble with Chael. Wanderlei will have an even tougher time.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...