UFC 200 so far (will keep updated as we know more). Thoughts?

True but I think DC is out for a while maybe until like september and I'm guessing they will have the MSG event in the last quarter of the year (where they will most definitely have DC vs Jones) so it would be nice to see Jones active again before then especially at 200. We will see..

He said his knee will only take like 4-6 weeks to recover, hopefully he isn't waiting too long for the winner of OSP/Jones to get back ready.

yep, this should be a pretty good fight - wouldn't say this is a big hype fight though.

I recon we are gonna be seeing RDA/ferguson vs Khabib, Lawler vs Condit/Woodley/GSP and Holm vs Pena though... Maybe JBJ vs Johnson instead of one of them...

I doubt RDA will return for UFC 200, he broke his foot in March. Lawler I doubt fights on UFC 200 but instead headlines UFC 201. JBJ will next fight at MSG, there is no doubt about it. I think this is as good as UFC 200 is gonna get. It seems a lot like UFC 100, with their big hype machine at front and center and two really solid fights behind it which are title fights. You also need to think about time limits for the PPV, UFC's are typically 3 hour PPV's and they already have 3, 5 round fights, that is an hour and 15 minutes ate up, plus time for walk ins, minute breaks etc, you are prolly looking closer at 2 hours worth of shit. Cain and Johnny will take up the other hour, I think you have your main card right there.

anyone else thinks UFC 200 could look better?

still hoping for that big announcement but honestly 198 looks better on paper

Completely agree.

• Upvote 1

anyone else thinks UFC 200 could look better?

still hoping for that big announcement but honestly 198 looks better on paper

It could be better, but it has been completely overshadowed by the UFC getting to fight in NY, which without a doubt will be the biggest card of the year. UFC 198 is the Brazilian UFC 200, all the fan favorites are there.

As I said, UFC in October-December time at MSG, you are gonna see Rousey v Tate/Holm/Nunes, Jones v DC 2, and either Aldo/Conor 2 or Weidman v Jacare

You never know UFC's reasoning for booking whoever where. Isn't Dodson at least prelim status? But since I think he lost his lost his last fight to Mighty Mouse or was moving up, he was a Early Prelim last night. This is my opinion on Silva being booked where he is.

The card is not complete yet right? I still think they're going to throw in one more big fight. Not looking like Lawler, he's being lined up for 201 or 202. Maybe Jones/Cormier II after all.

Ye lawler is looking very doubtful and RDA is on the fight pass card on the 7th so... I think they will just wait and see what happens with a few fights.

now confirmed he is out of ufc 200

It appears that Conor McGregor’s retirement tweet was no joke after all.

On Tuesday, after the featherweight titleholder announced via Twitter that he is walking away from the sport, UFC President Dana White confirmed to ESPN’s “SportsCenter” that McGregor will no longer rematch Nate Diaz in the main event of UFC 200.

Despite the fact that McGregor’s announcement preceded the UFC’s by several hours, White told ESPN that it was UFC’s decision to pull McGregor from the card due to the Irishman missing promotional obligations this week in Las Vegas.

“We pulled Conor McGregor from UFC 200, and we’re working on other fights right now,” said White. “Conor did not want to come to Las Vegas and film the commercial or be part of any of the marketing that we have. He’s in Iceland training, and it’s not possible.”

White attempted to liken the situation to that of Nick Diaz being removed from the main event of UFC 137 after failing to attend a press conference to promote an October 2011 fight with Georges St. Pierre.

Asked whether McGregor was truly retiring from mixed martial arts, White said he did not know.

“Is Conor McGregor retiring? Only he can answer that question,” explained White. “I don’t know. But he’s not fighting at UFC 200.”

White stated that the organization is currently seeking a new opponent for Diaz, as well as an additional bout to be added to UFC 200. Currently occupying the co-main event spot on the July 9 pay-per-view is a women’s bantamweight title bout between new champion Miesha Tate and challenger Amanda Nunes.

Looking to go to this, as it will be the UFC's first event at the new stadium in Vegas. Dana is still giving Conor a chance to be on the card...he's got until Friday to decide if he's really retired before the belt gets stripped.

http://www.mobilesportsreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Screen-Shot-2016-01-22-at-12.55.10-PM.png

Already got tix to 199...looking forward to seeing BJ back in the cage. Sounds like he's motivated for real this time...dude sounds super excited to be training under Greg Jackson:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/20/11465778/the-mma-hour-325-bj-penn

From Conor's Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/thenotoriousmma/posts/1260441947357435

I am just trying to do my job and fight here.
I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.
There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.
50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.
Nothing else was going through my mind.
It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life.
Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a fuck morning show did not get me this life.
Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a fuck about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight ass a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now.
I'm coming for my revenge here.
I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep.
With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight.
I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.
I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.
But it was denied.
There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me.
So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them.
And all with one tweet.
Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good.
I must isolate myself now.
I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time.
I can not dance for you this time.
It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here.
Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it.
He came in with no shit to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out.
Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation.
I'm doing what I need for me now.
It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.
I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.
I am still ready to go for UFC 200.
I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.
If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.
For the record also -
For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
I AM NOT RETIRED.

• Upvote 1

Thank god, still,hope GSP or Lawlor are on it.

i was thinking they might make nate vs robbie for belt -- dont know but would be nice to see nate fight another big fight and get paid plus would give robbie chance to take out the brother of someone who ko'ed him