mma ufc bellator wsof best champion new fighter winner good

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

No one has mentioned Kimbo huh? lol

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Also Overeem,Conor,Hector and Palhares where/are overhyped.

All these guys so over hyped. I just love watching overroids get knocked out. I would pay for ufc events if over is fighting = getting knocked out. Roids finally taking a toll on him. I love it.

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:47 PM

All these guys so over hyped. I just love watching overroids get knocked out. I would pay for ufc events if over is fighting = getting knocked out. Roids finally taking a toll on him. I love it.

Theyre definitely taking their toll. You can tell he is smaller than he was and now just fights like shit.

• Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Theyre definitely taking their toll. You can tell he is smaller than he was and now just fights like shit.

That's why I don't use that crap. It doesn't help you in a fight so what's the point

#45 Cadillac

Cadillac

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:25 PM

Kimbo slice!! They told me he could shoot fireballs out of his eyes!

• Guests

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

Kimbo slice!! They told me he could shoot fireballs out of his eyes!

From day one I knew he wouldn't do well. Now he is undefeated in boxing fighting scrubs.

#47 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,417 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Kimbo slice - He was hyped to the moon, but to be honest nobody expected him to do well. It was a marketing move.

Brock Lesnar - Frankly speaking he was booked in a way to make him look good. He got a UFC Heavyweight title fight within 5 or 6 fights! I mean when was the last time that happened? Sure he is a star and he is big, but as far as fighting goes he lacks and real skills. Even his wrestling is not that good.

BJ Penn - He was always hyped as being this ninja figure. He rarely won any major fight and usually crumbled when it mattered.

Tito Ortiz - Without much doubt. He had this really long streak, but that was against useless fighters (besides Horn and even he was on the downhill). He should of retired about 5-6 years earlier. He had heart, but that was about it.

Alistair Overeem - I do not think he was over hyped, however he has dissapointed in the UFC. I am not sure what happened. I think the extra weight has created problem because he seems to gas out early and lacks the movement. I think it is more to do with his training than his hype.

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

The way Brock shut down Mir's bottom game in the second fight was very impressive.

BJ won the first Hughes and (arguably) the first GSP fight. Sherk, Florian and Sanchez are als'o very solid wins.

Overeem has always been a gassy turd though

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:15 AM

Kimbo slice - He was hyped to the moon, but to be honest nobody expected him to do well. It was a marketing move.

Brock Lesnar - Frankly speaking he was booked in a way to make him look good. He got a UFC Heavyweight title fight within 5 or 6 fights! I mean when was the last time that happened? Sure he is a star and he is big, but as far as fighting goes he lacks and real skills. Even his wrestling is not that good.

(...)

Alistair Overeem - I do not think he was over hyped, however he has dissapointed in the UFC. I am not sure what happened. I think the extra weight has created problem because he seems to gas out early and lacks the movement. I think it is more to do with his training than his hype.

Kimbo - EliteXC was built with Kimbo's hype.

Brock - I never liked that guy, but he was giving good fights. His fight against Carwin was great, I really had hopes that Carwin would win. Also he brought lots of fans to UFC.

Overeem's problem is that he was juicing. Without his testosteron he isn't so agressive, dominant fighter. His fight against Lesnar was great, I couldn't wait for fight against Junior, but then Overroid was catched. And now he is on lossing streak.

When it comes to most hyped fighters in Poland (and overyhyped):
Mamed Khalidov - a few brands are using his face. KSW is using him, he is fighting only against "cucumbers" (ex-fighters) from UFC.

Pudzianowski - in Poland there were lots of commercials. Even some experienced fans were curious what the strongest man in the world can do in MMA. And then, fight against Tim Sylvia, nothing to add. But in Poland he attracted lots of peoples to MMA. I would even say that his face was more effective in marketing than Mamed's.

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:25 AM

Overeem was much smaller in PRIDE (presumably before he started juicing) and still had a bad gas tank. Granted he was supposedly killing himself with those cuts but still..

• Guests

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Overeem was much smaller in PRIDE (presumably before he started juicing) and still had a bad gas tank. Granted he was supposedly killing himself with those cuts but still..

I think that in PRIDE he fought in middleweight division (205 lbs, I'm almost sure that in PRIDE divisions had different lbs limit) and he had better condition. Let's compare Overeem in his last fight against Brown with old young Reem from the fight against Liddell (http://www.dailymoti...s-overeem_sport). There is hughe difference in my opinion. Btw. the fight is great, one of my favourite in MMA.

Bragi~

• Guests

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

It was so funny how he beat up Chuck until he gassed and got mugged.

#53 Erik

Erik

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Overeem's problem is that he was juicing. Without his testosteron he isn't so agressive, dominant fighter. His fight against Lesnar was great, I couldn't wait for fight against Junior, but then Overroid was catched. And now he is on lossing streak.

Overeem's problem is that he was never anywhere near as good at striking with small gloves; his style of defence just isn't designed for it.

Tito Ortiz - Without much doubt. He had this really long streak, but that was against useless fighters (besides Horn and even he was on the downhill). He should of retired about 5-6 years earlier. He had heart, but that was about it.

Ortiz was actually really good at one stage. It's been pretty obvious to anyone with a brain that since about 2005 Tito has declined and since his return he was never even close to what he was.

Also lol at calling Wanderlei Silva and Vladimir Matyushenko "useless fighters", that's just fucking dumb (and Tito also beat Belfort).

Frank Zappa was a troll, you are just a twat.

See You Next Tuesday

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

Posted Image

#55 Erik

Erik

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

Posted Image

And 2007 Overeem got roughed up by Kharitonov...

See You Next Tuesday

• Guests

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

IMO, 2005-2006 he was looking prime. Lean and strong and fast enough to put high quality technical skills to work. His chin has always been a bit suss but that's not what we're talking about :P

I would expect Badr Hari to go the same was as Overeem if he suddenly threw 15kg on.

• Guests

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

So Overeem and frank mir huh. I will go with Mir and then Overeem is cut. I think he had big things he could have done in the UFC but those roids are killer.

#58 AK47

AK47

Sparkly Belt

• Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

So Overeem and frank mir huh. I will go with Mir and then Overeem is cut. I think he had big things he could have done in the UFC but those roids are killer.

the questions here is
1. can overeem finish him in 3 mins
2. can mir last 3 mins to get a guaranteed win

+++ Manfred has given op to AK47

#59 Erik

Erik

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

the questions here is
1. can overeem finish him in 3 mins
2. can mir last 3 mins to get a guaranteed win

3. Will Mir's shitty gas tank last more than 3 minutes?

See You Next Tuesday

#60 AK47

AK47

Sparkly Belt

• Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

3. Will Mir's shitty gas tank last more than 3 minutes?

that can go both ways lol.

+++ Manfred has given op to AK47

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mma, ufc, bellator, wsof, best, champion, new, fighter, winner, good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users