• Butter slug
    • LardVark
    • Salad Dodger
    • Tightanic
    • Hamthrax
    • Buns and Roses

Example?

I know hiddens cap at 150.

All skills cap at 150 but then should get effects from height/weight/morale/energy during a fight so you might have 150 ko power hidden but fight with more. Active skill is the final sum of the skill after calculating all bonuses/maluses and it should be used in the GE during a fight. Would be stupid if it is not working like that.

All skills cap at 150 but then should get effects from height/weight/morale/energy during a fight so you might have 150 ko power hidden but fight with more. Active skill is the final sum of the skill after calculating all bonuses/maluses and it should be used in the GE during a fight. Would be stupid if it is not working like that.

99% sure it caps at 150. Height/weight impact hiddens absolute base value.

The % of impact on hiddens from fighter build is minimal to avoid build exploits.

Am I understanding this right? 135 and 265 lbs fighters would cause the same amount of damage with a similar strike despite different mass being calculated into the equation?

Maybe weight/height impact after rolling 150 KO power for a BW would get negated from the base hidden roll but still don't think it can go under 1 and over 150.

iirc, could be wrong, Mike said there's a max % increase/decrease from height/weight builds to avoid exploits.

The term bonus-malus (Latin for good-bad) is used for a number of business arrangements which alternately reward (bonus) or penalize (malus). It is used, for example, in the call center and insurance industries.

Yeah it is business word, but i have seen it in use in different contexts too.

Also I have asked Mike and he confirmed that u cant go over 150 in any skill during a fight no matter what weight/height or recent training you have.

Made further research on the malus meaning and usage:

malus (plural maluses)

1. (business) The return of performance-related compensation originally paid by an employer to an employee as a result of the discovery of a defect in the performance.

When bank fired the loan originator, they recovered the last two years of her bonuses under the malus clause in her contract.

2. (rare) A penalty or negative thing.

Usage notes

Might occur in financial services in connection with defaulted loans.

Sometimes used in reference to games as a negative counterpart to "bonus."

Eat this grammar nazis lmao

• Upvote 1

Ok, here is my complete conversation with Mike about the discussion we had here:

Me: Hey man! Just a fast question that has been bothering me for a while. Is the skill cap solid at 150? Or during fight there are active skills taken into consideration by the fight engine and you can fight with a skill over 150 points thanks to the height/weight/recent training bonuses?

Mike: no you can't get over 150.

Me: That doesnt make much sense - a 135 and a 300 lbs fighters if roll 150 ko power at creation, they will be hitting with the same power no matter the size difference?

Mike: no, that's a totally different question. the power you hit someone with is calculated from the weight/strength/skill etc all combined.

So it seems bigger guys hit with higher power, no matter that the skills are capped.

• Upvote 1

Ok, here is my complete conversation with Mike about the discussion we had here:

Me: Hey man! Just a fast question that has been bothering me for a while. Is the skill cap solid at 150? Or during fight there are active skills taken into consideration by the fight engine and you can fight with a skill over 150 points thanks to the height/weight/recent training bonuses?

Mike: no you can't get over 150.

Me: That doesnt make much sense - a 135 and a 300 lbs fighters if roll 150 ko power at creation, they will be hitting with the same power no matter the size difference?

Mike: no, that's a totally different question. the power you hit someone with is calculated from the weight/strength/skill etc all combined.

So it seems bigger guys hit with higher power, no matter that the skills are capped.

I know (unless Mike changed something) there's a % cap on bonuses received. Not sure what it caps at but I know the impact is minimal in comparison to hiddens to avoid build exploits.

"the power you hit someone" is probably calculated and correlated with damage/accuracy slider mechanics. The hidden KO Power is just one of those things that go into this equation, but KO power caps at 150.

The only thing I know for certain is that the hidden 'KO Power' is capped at 150, just like all hidden attributes and that there's a cap on the increase/decrease % from builds to avoid exploits.

I was under the impression that fighter build (height/weight) impacted the base value of hiddens. (from wiki)

• Height - Taller people will have a natural reach advantage and in turn will have more chance of landing strikes when in the standup position. However, they are also easier to take down and easier to sub because of their lanky limbs. Basically anything you'd expect in real life.
  • Weight - Heavier people will have naturally more power, will tire more quickly, will be able to maintain control more easily in certain situations. Again, basically anything you'd expect in real life.

Shorter/Heavier fighters have better chins and more KO power, but can't exceed 150 or below 1. I'm sure there's a cap on any bonuses or impact builds have outside of the 'hidden' stat.

Initially I was referring to just the hidden.

Pretty damn sure there's a cap/limit on +/-'s from this combination too.

So I guess Salad Dodger won? Id like to see a link when you get his avatar and build sorted out.

Im putting my boy Manuel Overide on fat injections just because Im bored and would like to see what happens at 350lbs.

Would like to see your fighter take another qfc. His opponent wasnt the greatest but it proves many know it alls here were wrong.

So I guess Salad Dodger won? Id like to see a link when you get his avatar and build sorted out.

Im putting my boy Manuel Overide on fat injections just because Im bored and would like to see what happens at 350lbs.

Would like to see your fighter take another qfc. His opponent wasnt the greatest but it proves many know it alls here were wrong.

Yeah,Salad Dodger won but i wont be making the new fighter for a while.

I signed the dude with gamma contenders,His next match is in a few days

• Upvote 1