Jones-Gustafsson 2 Postponed; DC Gets Title Shot

AK47

Cormier is likely thinking about his financial situation first and foremost. He's an older guy, no guarantee that his body will ever be better than it is today. Got to take the money when have a chance at it.

I think he does a decent job as a studio guy, it definitely gives him a little more credibility going forward to have fought for the title at one point in his career. All that being said, I doubt a non-100% Cormier really has much of a shot against Jones.

I feel torn about this. I believe Cormier deserved the shot over Gus in the first place, so it is nice to see him getting the title shot that I feel was rightfully his all along. However, I don't want him to go in there injured, get schooled, and then have all the Gus fanboys talking about how it proves how much more deserving Gus is.

Some knee injuries don't affect performance. They just increase the risk of aggravating it into something severe. Hopefully, that is the case with Cormier and he can perform up to the high standards he has shown so far in his career. I want Jones to win, but I want it to be a solid, entertaining, close fight.

• Upvote 1

I feel torn about this. I believe Cormier deserved the shot over Gus in the first place, so it is nice to see him getting the title shot that I feel was rightfully his all along. However, I don't want him to go in there injured, get schooled, and then have all the Gus fanboys talking about how it proves how much more deserving Gus is.

I feel the same way, but i like DC, its unfortunate hes going in hurt

problems with DC fighting with his knees injured.

1. jon jones favorite move is the oblique kick. This can cause major damage to the ligaments in anyone's knees . If you add that up with bad knees......need i say more?

2. we've seen condit blow out his knee on a takedown stuff, but in wrestling its more common to get that if you're the person attempting the takedown. Cormier has stated that he will beat jones with his wrestling........bad combo

3. cormier has an significant reach disadvantage ,so this will cause him to have to explode into his range. over the course of the fight this could put significant wear n tear on his knees.

but hey this is just my 2 cents

• Upvote 1

Cormier will destroy Jon the Snitch Jones. Jones camp might have bribed Gus to say hes injured Cuz jones is scared

That's probably the case here.

Com on guys Jon Jones is awesome aswell he only lost a DQ he is good but I am with Cormier aswell (want to see a new Champion!)

Jone Jones has amazing fighting skills, but seems to be hypocritical prick of a person.

I was a fan before he was champ, but can't stand his personality anymore.

Cormier has amazing fighting skills and seems to be a sound good person.

I hope he will crush Jon "eye gauge" Jones

No question who I root for and put my money behind. :)

• Upvote 2

Jone Jones has amazing fighting skills, but seems to be hypocritical prick of a person.

I was a fan before he was champ, but can't stand his personality anymore.

Cormier has amazing fighting skills and seems to be a sound good person.

I hope he will crush Jon "eye gauge" Jones

This is exactly how I feel too. JBJ had potential (skills, fighting style, dominance) to be the biggest star in MMA by a long shot if he just had the personality. When he ragdolled The American Psycho and landed that spinning elbow we have all seen I was sold! Unfortunately his prickness came obvious soon after the fame. Now he reminds me more of Tito Ortiz than anything lol. I think a lot of people want to see him lose just becouse.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1