What's the latest on PS4 / XBox?

MMATycoon

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-release-date-news-and-features-937822

29 November in Europe.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/xbox-one-release-date-news-and-rumours-937167

29 November in this site, 22 Nov in other.

Brag~

P.S.

It took my three minutes to find the results just because I have problem with connection at work.

• Downvote 1

Not sure, but I think Zatochi just passively aggressively called Mike a lazy ass, haha.

Damn I thought that no one would found out that hidden suggestion.

How rude :) Anyone would think I was just trying to generate some forum discussion ;)

You know that I was joking :-)

To be honest I would buy PS4, but what's the point of buying such things if you don't have time to play? But I'm pumped more for PS4 because I think that Xbox isn't so good as Sony's console (I'm too lazy to write some arguments). I was proud owner of PS1 and 2 and those consoles were great. I think that my consoles are somewhere in my house and both of it are still working :).

Bragi~

part of me kind of wishes i preordered the ps4. when i bought the last of us they asked if i wanted to preorder it...they said i couldve put down any amount and saved my spot. i jsut dont see myself playing it...maybe i couldve sold it haha. but if i were to choose between the two, i would definitely go ps4. i played the 360 much more this gen, but the ps4 seems like the better one this time around. we'll see how things turn out.

part of me kind of wishes i preordered the ps4. when i bought the last of us they asked if i wanted to preorder it...they said i couldve put down any amount and saved my spot. i jsut dont see myself playing it...maybe i couldve sold it haha. but if i were to choose between the two, i would definitely go ps4. i played the 360 much more this gen, but the ps4 seems like the better one this time around. we'll see how things turn out.

just like this gen, i'll be surprised if there's much difference between the two systems, as far as graphics/physics/gameplay. before 360/ps3 were released, people initially thought the ps3 would smoke the 360 as far as graphics and everything, but it really didn't. since the vast majority of games are multi-platform, the vast majority of games are going to look nearly identical on both systems. i doubt the exclusives will look/perform much differently either, but time will tell.

i'm SUPER glad they improved on the ancient playstation controller design, and the ps4 controller actually looks comfortable to use (largely in part to it's increased size) and it finally has actual trigger buttons and better thumbsticks, and a headset jack. the new touchpad is a pretty cool idea, and i'm curious to see how developers utilize it.

i wasnt speaking graphically at all...i imagine theyll be close as well. i was speaking more to microsoft flip flopping all over the place with what the xbox one would actually be, and the ps4 has it beat in price. i dont care about kinect at all...i think bundling it in was dumb, but it could pay off for them in the long run. i would agree with the controller though...360's was much better than the ps3's. i'm curious to see how the ps4 controller feels...it looks much better, they added some size and bulk to it.

obviously this isnt really important...but i'm also surprised at how small the actual ps4 console is. i dont know how they managed to do it, but the xbox one is huge compared to it.

and from what i read...the ps3 probably is the more powerful console compared to 360, but it was much harder to program for. thats why some multi-platform games actually ended up looking even worse on the ps3. it would actually be better if console cycles lasted a bit longer...i dont think the 360 or ps3 were used to their max potential.

i'll just buy a wii u....

not sure what they flip-flopped about, other than the downloadable games that people (unnecessarily) panicked over. but yeah, i don't really give a shit about the kinect either, although i suppose it'll be nice to at least use for skype and voice commands and stuff.

i just looked up the console sizes, and yeah the ps4 is surprisingly tiny. looks like the size of a wii but about 10000x more powerful. pretty crazy.

http://static.trustedreviews.com/94/000027cbd/2ad5/Xbox-One-PS4-size-comparison.jpg

In terms of power, the PS4 is apparently around about 50% quicker than an Xbox One.

Our contacts have told us that memory reads on PS4 are 40-50 per cent quicker than Xbox One, and its ALU (Arithmetic Logic Unit) is around 50 per cent faster. One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One. “Xbox One is weaker and it’s a pain to use its ESRAM,” concluded one developer.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

that 50% thing has been argued. i dont see their being a huge difference between the two honestly, but it seems sony tried their best to make the ps4 mroe developer friendly than the ps3 was.