TWW News

ArtieBanks

http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

Well this is back again due to overwhelming demand, and when I say overwhelming I really mean that some writers approached me about starting this back up again since they all enjoyed it. GBK and Wolf will be joining the team in the next episode but I felt the need to do this one myself due to some of the recent news that has filtered through in the recent week or two. This isn’t as much drama and finger pointing though and marks a low part for myself in the game.

The end of Ascension?

As most people know Scott Davies has been having a tough time of it recently, well actually for over a year now to be honest. News filtered to me via Davies himself saying that Ascension will be merging into CEC. As most people won’t know anymore that Ascension was created by Skinny Vince a few years back, I signed on as a writer and Skinny took me under his wing and showed me how the org game worked before just after one year of the company existing Skinny passed the org over to me. So naturally I look at Ascension as my baby and instantly threw my hat into the ring to take it back. After sleeping on it for the night I felt that as much as I would enjoy the challenge of making Ascension the top org in the game, I think that it is a good time for it to go out still as a top org in the game.

The merging with CEC makes perfect sense roster wise, as it will see CEC get a much needed roster boost and moving it into the place Ascension was as a true power org in the game. Brand wise CEC is Gus Malcolm’s baby, he would never consider merging into Ascension and to be fair after as many years of him running CEC I wouldn’t do it either. Gus is an awesome org owner, he knows roughly what he is doing number wise and is an approachable org owner. I messaged Scott back telling him that I have taken my name out of the hat and gave my support towards Ascension merging into CEC.

I will do a longer piece for the history of Ascension since I was there pretty much from its birth, and Shortfuse and Skinny filled me in with the bits that I didn’t know. I will more than likely do this in the next TWW. To Scott Davies, I rip the utter pish out of you on a regular basis, however you done well with Ascension when you first merged Geezers Palace into it, then UPG Vegas. Like all org owners you have eventually burned out, and like all good org owners you are going out while still at the top. Well done man and good luck with the shit you are going through with in real life.

Evo 200: The Supershow.

Now this may seem like a shameless plug using TWW to do it but I am gonna be honest this is the most excited about an event; period. I rarely do any matchmaking or anything for that matter in Evo outside of recruiting and manager relations. This is a card that I am working with Jug to build up as the biggest card in the history of Tycoon. So far things are shaping up to be huge!

First up we have the current heavyweight tournament going on in Evo. This is an un-official tournament to see who fights Leo in his retirement fight. Rinky Spider fights Hans Beck, Varg Veide fights Rockford Knight. The winner of those fight each other and the winner gets Leo on October the 3rd.

Conan who holds an unblemished record of 16-0 will take on Bowser Stormcrow in an eagerly anticipated match-up between the two top welterweights. Conan currently fights Rinky Rocker on the 27th of this month. If all goes to plan the winner of Conan vs Stormcrow could very well be the #1 p4p fighter if Leo wins and retires.

Colin Croft’s next appearance will also be on this card as it was confirmed last night, as far as possible opponents names such as Malkin and Tantor were thrown around as possible opponents to see if either of them can take the 0 from Crofts untarnished record after his recent victory against Evo LHW champion Vagner Love.

Other fights have yet to be confirmed with guys such as Bishop and Falcao fighting next week, hopefully in the next TWW I will be able to announce the full card.

The Olympics announcement.

After discussing with a few people the Olympics we believe will be held in November with this being its permanent date from now on so it runs alongside the Of The Year awards and allows the top managers to showcase their brightest talent.

Players leaving the game.

I thought I would put in my well wishes for the recent players to have left the game, Stu, Tom Violence and Castor. Good luck in whatever it is you guys do in life.

Tournament updates.

The ITFL has started and like every season there have been some drama early on. Verdino after struggling were forced to forfeit a fight due to one of their members leaving. So far Team Conquer and Misfits have been performing very well and The Corp have been punching above their weight and making me eat some humble pie.

The Insanity tournament recently finished with Louie having two finalists and the potential to make a lot of money. However, Louie suffered two demoralizing defeats to the hands of Barn and Bjorn. Barn was an early season favourite to win the middleweight division and did not disappoint dominating his way to the final. Bjorn was an underdog at the start of the tournament and rode his luck in a few rounds however he won convincingly in the final and took home the prize money and trophy.

So yes a relatively short TWW but this is just the revamp of what was once the premier news thread on the forums. GBK and Wolf will be able to do their parts and hopefully will be able to make it a bit more news worthy and a little less TMZ like.

• Upvote 9

Colin Croft’s next appearance will also be on this card as it was confirmed last night, as far as possible opponents names such as Malkin and Tantor were thrown around as possible opponents to see if either of them can take the 0 from Crofts untarnished record after his recent victory against Evo LHW champion Vagner Love.

Why are you looking for opponents out of the org when their is a top 10 LHW signed there waiting for a title shot?

Why are you looking for opponents out of the org when their is a top 10 LHW signed there waiting for a title shot?

Evo 200 is gonna be a huge event and when i spoke with Jug about it, i wanted to test myself against one of the top two managers in the game at this time and both of them just happen to have the other two top LHWs in the game. I also agree however a rematch with Vagner Love would also be a great match up and he was on a tear before losing yesterday.

Evo 200 is gonna be a huge event and when i spoke with Jug about it, i wanted to test myself against one of the top two managers in the game at this time and both of them just happen to have the other two top LHWs in the game. I also agree however a rematch with Vagner Love would also be a great match up and he was on a tear before losing yesterday.

My fighter is who I'm talking about. http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=206370

• Upvote 1

It was with your manager profile saying

"Will not be accepting any fights from now to the middle of October due to incoming child."

There are also Eli vs Alexander who will more than likely pass your boy on hype level who would be next in line for a shot, plenty of great fights for Croft. Congrads on becoming a father btw.

It was with your manager profile saying

"Will not be accepting any fights from now to the middle of October due to incoming child."

There are also Eli vs Alexander who will more than likely pass your boy on hype level who would be next in line for a shot, plenty of great fights for Croft. Congrads on becoming a father btw.

And I told jug that was the one fight that I was going to take when i declined the last fight he offered me and said Id wait (so you probably read it as well). I know Riccuito doesnt follow the trend of Croft's opponents since he signed with EVO, guys with much more hype and a favorable matchup, but I think he deserves the shot.

Pretty obvious I'm not going to ever get a fair shake at EVO.

And I told jug that was the one fight that I was going to take when i declined the last fight he offered me and said Id wait (so you probably read it as well). I know Riccuito doesnt follow the trend of Croft's opponents since he signed with EVO, guys with much more hype and a favorable matchup, but I think he deserves the shot.

Pretty obvious I'm not going to ever get a fair shake at EVO.

I don't read many of the fight accepted or declines to be honest so i wouldn't know, i just tend to delete them as i stated above Jug does the match making (For full disclosure the last one i did read was yours when you rejected a fight wanted a higher ranked opponent and i set up the fight against Boothe for you). The trend of Crofts fights however are former champions, i don't get this favorable match up thing but i suppose you have your opinions and i have mine. I'd have thought fighting two guys hitting depops would be more favorable (one of which came in with 75-80% energy) than three former champs but hey that is just me.

As far as getting a fair shake, as above we have catered to you previously and taken your opinion on matters and acted upon them; but i get what you are doing throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Unfortunately in this situation they are people above you not only in Evo but outside of Evo.

• Upvote 3

I don't read many of the fight accepted or declines to be honest so i wouldn't know, i just tend to delete them as i stated above Jug does the match making (For full disclosure the last one i did read was yours when you rejected a fight wanted a higher ranked opponent and i set up the fight against Boothe for you). The trend of Crofts fights however are former champions, i don't get this favorable match up thing but i suppose you have your opinions and i have mine. I'd have thought fighting two guys hitting depops would be more favorable (one of which came in with 75-80% energy) than three former champs but hey that is just me.

As far as getting a fair shake, as above we have catered to you previously and taken your opinion on matters and acted upon them; but i get what you are doing throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. Unfortunately in this situation they are people above you not only in Evo but outside of Evo.

Reyes and Doolittle both have shit chins and had way more hype than croft at the time of the fight. So they were great matchups for you. If you want to cherry pick Croft to the #1 ranking, go right ahead. Jug obviously does whatever you say in that regard, so I wont have to wish you any luck.

I really dont want to play the politics game that seems to be required to get a fight in EVO. Long and shady tradition of that going on. So none of this came as a shock to me.

No worries, I'll just move on. Shit, I had to message Jug asking for fights just to keep Riccuito somewhat active. It's not like I enjoy having to message an org owner all the time just to get him to do his job.

Okay now that JLP has that out this system time to get this thread back on track.Wow Ascension closing never taught i see the day .I love to know the full details to be honest.Is the politics and not making any tycoon dollars or is it real lift issue with time or his he burned out?

I had the same issue with my org not making any money but now were on the up and up again.Got the fire back in me to get us to the top after all the supportive messages i got from mangers in the org .

EVO 200 should one o the best event yet. Hopefully they try to get the best of the best talent for the card :thumbup: .I going to be bookmaking the fights guaranteed.

• Upvote 1

Reyes and Doolittle both have shit chins and had way more hype than croft at the time of the fight. So they were great matchups for you. If you want to cherry pick Croft to the #1 ranking, go right ahead. Jug obviously does whatever you say in that regard, so I wont have to wish you any luck.

I really dont want to play the politics game that seems to be required to get a fight in EVO. Long and shady tradition of that going on. So none of this came as a shock to me.

No worries, I'll just move on. Shit, I had to message Jug asking for fights just to keep Riccuito somewhat active. It's not like I enjoy having to message an org owner all the time just to get him to do his job.

Right so let me get this straight, I fight and defeat Love (who beat your boy), the two guys i want to fight are Klatz and Jorma fighters who both hold the distinction of the fact that Renato, Jorma's other LHW (who beat your boy) and Malkin who beat Renato, prior to this i fight two former Evo champions and i am cherry picking... wow, your logic is flawless. I mean out of all the accusations that get thrown at me, taking the easy route isn't one that gets used.

I mean i could point out the fact earlier this year i accepted a challenge, let the guy pick the fights and won 9 of them. While i owned an org i never had any of my top fighters in that org, i used to sign them elsewhere to avoid the accusations of cherry picking. The only time my guys would be in the org was for filler fights at the bottom of the card (which i often lost) or Crassus winning the 3mil tourney as a filler.

This year while i have been working at Evo there were two things i told Jug, one was Veide vs Rinky because i promised Hans the fight against Rinky and i was on holiday until the 20th, and the second was most recently since i got my uni timetable in and i cannot take any fights for the first few weeks in September as i need to move into my uni accommodation. The fight against Malkin for example was always the next step anyway if i defeated Love for two reasons. Malkin is would be the #1 LHW and for me personally i thought it would be cool for the star of the ITFL season two to fight the ITFL Individual season 2 winner. Making the fight at Evo 200 will add to the hype the event will already have.

Anyway i see you have left the org, good luck with your future endeavors and good luck to the org owner that deals with you.

Right so let me get this straight, I fight and defeat Love (who beat your boy), the two guys i want to fight are Klatz and Jorma fighters who both hold the distinction of the fact that Renato, Jorma's other LHW (who beat your boy) and Malkin who beat Renato, prior to this i fight two former Evo champions and i am cherry picking... wow, your logic is flawless. I mean out of all the accusations that get thrown at me, taking the easy route isn't one that gets used.

I mean i could point out the fact earlier this year i accepted a challenge, let the guy pick the fights and won 9 of them. While i owned an org i never had any of my top fighters in that org, i used to sign them elsewhere to avoid the accusations of cherry picking. The only time my guys would be in the org was for filler fights at the bottom of the card (which i often lost) or Crassus winning the 3mil tourney as a filler.

This year while i have been working at Evo there were two things i told Jug, one was Veide vs Rinky because i promised Hans the fight against Rinky and i was on holiday until the 20th, and the second was most recently since i got my uni timetable in and i cannot take any fights for the first few weeks in September as i need to move into my uni accommodation. The fight against Malkin for example was always the next step anyway if i defeated Love for two reasons. Malkin is would be the #1 LHW and for me personally i thought it would be cool for the star of the ITFL season two to fight the ITFL Individual season 2 winner. Making the fight at Evo 200 will add to the hype the event will already have.

Anyway i see you have left the org, good luck with your future endeavors and good luck to the org owner that deals with you.

You dont want to fight Riccuito because its not a good matchup for your fighter. You set up good matchups with high hype gains for your fighter in an org you work for. Deny and obfuscate all you want, its pretty obvious.

The last engine change was decidedly in Riccuitos favor and I think he could beat any LHW in the game right now. Malkin is an easy win for Croft because the ground game is pretty much worthless. Tantor has a shot, but is old. Riccuito would beat either of them.

No need to carry on this topic any further. I used the inactivity clause to get out of that poorly run cheap-ass org. I'm sure I'll find better opportunities for Ricuito in orgs that dont match make based on lame politics and behind the scenes deals.

You dont want to fight Riccuito because its not a good matchup for your fighter. You set up good matchups with high hype gains for your fighter in an org you work for. Deny and obfuscate all you want, its pretty obvious.

The last engine change was decidedly in Riccuitos favor and I think he could beat any LHW in the game right now. Malkin is an easy win for Croft because the ground game is pretty much worthless. Tantor has a shot, but is old. Riccuito would beat either of them.

No need to carry on this topic any further. I used the inactivity clause to get out of that poorly run cheap-ass org. I'm sure I'll find better opportunities for Ricuito in orgs that dont match make based on lame politics and behind the scenes deals.

You keep using the word obvious while nothing is obvious other than the fact you threw the dummy out the pram because you didn't get your own way. You go on some full tilt diva strops man and make up some amount of shite. You are saying Malkin is an easy win... he just beat Renato, you remember Renato? He is the dude who fucking skelped your arse red raw when you two fought.

You say i set up my matches... how about we ask Uncle Lar or Shortfuse how much trouble it is to get me to accept a fight that they want? The only time i ever got involved with MFN was when Lar was having a hard time getting a hold of Davies for the fight between Juggernaught and Andrei, and i went and got the details sorted. All this is showing and it is pretty obvious is the fact that you do not like it when you don't get to call the shots or get told no.

You keep using the word obvious while nothing is obvious other than the fact you threw the dummy out the pram because you didn't get your own way. You go on some full tilt diva strops man and make up some amount of shite. You are saying Malkin is an easy win... he just beat Renato, you remember Renato? He is the dude who fucking skelped your arse red raw when you two fought.

You say i set up my matches... how about we ask Uncle Lar or Shortfuse how much trouble it is to get me to accept a fight that they want? The only time i ever got involved with MFN was when Lar was having a hard time getting a hold of Davies for the fight between Juggernaught and Andrei, and i went and got the details sorted. All this is showing and it is pretty obvious is the fact that you do not like it when you don't get to call the shots or get told no.

Whatever, I didnt mean to get you all upset. Truth hurts I guess. The whole thing is strange from a guy stating that he has nothing to do with running the org being so involved with who his own fighter fights.

I never said you set up all your matches, just Crofts. Deny all you want, but its pretty obvious what you did. You want an easier, higher hype fight then Riccuito. Which seeing how you handled Croft once you got him is not surprising.

I never tried to call the shots, just asked why a top ten WC fighter was getting overlooked for a title shot. Any one in my situation could do the same thing.

Your reactions are pretty telling, a guilty conscious perhaps? First you pretended to not know who I was talking about, which was cute. Then you said a fight in the org in the future might produce a higher hyped fighter, which is irrelevant. Then you got upset when I implied cherrypicking (which looks like the case to me, JMO) and started in with all the justifications of your actions weakly based on Riccuito losing two fights to Love and Renato. That was the old engine, which didnt do Riccuitos build any favors. I think Id beat both of them in a rematch and I plan on pursuing those fights when they make sense.

Seriously JLP can you you a small favor and stop posting so this thread can actually get back on some sort of track. Kthanks...

Report me to the mods or put me on ignore if its bothering you so much. I'll post whatever and whenever I want. The starter of the thread is responding to my posts, it cant be any more on topic than that.

• Downvote 6

just to be clear, you approached me for a contract and you set the terms. I believe you also wanted time to train in between fights, might be getting confused with a diff fighter of yours (as this want the only time) so is prob why you ended up msg'ing me for minus the last one (after i caught on).

so if I understand the situation, your mad bc 1) you didnt get the title fight or bc 2) you had to msg me "to do my job"?

1) you didnt get the title fight, well Dinooo wanted someone higher ranked. I can argue with him bc I posted something of the same with a fighter I have in a diff org earlier this week. And so your clear I cannot make him fight nor can make you understand what really happens on this side of the org. I believe you just "feel" and have "opinions" which really just sprout neg speculation. And you are correct with the fact Riccuito was #8 wc on a 3 fight win streak. IMO you needed one more with to fight the champ esp in a deep div bc you havent beaten anyone inside the top10. And you I think you like the matchup with Croft so you wanted it more as hes the champ bc you had already lost to Love. Assuming you knew the rematch was forthcoming.

2) "to do my job" - pretty certain i'm not the best out there as at times Im unorganized, so your probably. Grant, Dale, Senzo among others are excellent org owners (better than I) maybe Ric can go there. As you say you have to msg me to do my job is stretching the truth a bit. In fact you enjoy msg'ing myself and other org owners your fighters are signed too. In my experience you msg me pretty quick to set up your fight, at least since I have known you (HFC and IMMA days) this has been true.

But I have said this to you before and Ill say again, you should start your own org and run it the way you think it should be run. I think you can do a good job and a 280k ID org sounds great. Ill even fund it.

• Upvote 1

just to be clear, you approached me for a contract and you set the terms. I believe you also wanted time to train in between fights, might be getting confused with a diff fighter of yours (as this want the only time) so is prob why you ended up msg'ing me for minus the last one (after i caught on).

so if I understand the situation, your mad bc 1) you didnt get the title fight or bc 2) you had to msg me "to do my job"?

1) you didnt get the title fight, well Dinooo wanted someone higher ranked. I can argue with him bc I posted something of the same with a fighter I have in a diff org earlier this week. And so your clear I cannot make him fight nor can make you understand what really happens on this side of the org. I believe you just "feel" and have "opinions" which really just sprout neg speculation. And you are correct with the fact Riccuito was #8 wc on a 3 fight win streak. IMO you needed one more with to fight the champ esp in a deep div bc you havent beaten anyone inside the top10. And you I think you like the matchup with Croft so you wanted it more as hes the champ bc you had already lost to Love. Assuming you knew the rematch was forthcoming.

2) "to do my job" - pretty certain i'm not the best out there as at times Im unorganized, so your probably. Grant, Dale, Senzo among others are excellent org owners (better than I) maybe Ric can go there. As you say you have to msg me to do my job is stretching the truth a bit. In fact you enjoy msg'ing myself and other org owners your fighters are signed too. In my experience you msg me pretty quick to set up your fight, at least since I have known you (HFC and IMMA days) this has been true.

But I have said this to you before and Ill say again, you should start your own org and run it the way you think it should be run. I think you can do a good job and a 280k ID org sounds great. Ill even fund it.

1) Colin Croft got a title fight after two evo wins. So you look pretty stupid saying that Riccuito's three fight winning streak wasnt enough. I get that dinooo gets special treatment now. Thats how EVO works. Always has and seems like it always will work that way. Dinooo wanting higher ranked fighters isnt new either look at his three fights in evo with croft:

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=750545

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=756874

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=762743

Thats garbage matchmaking in favor of your employee. Whether he asked for it or not is pretty much irrelevant. Its either incompetence or favoritism.

2) Saying i enjoy messaging org owners is more than total bullshit, its a flat out lie. It quickly turned into a chore to get a fight in evo that made sense. Either i would get a fight on 5 days notice or one where i was matched against a guy with far less hype or on a losing streak. Both of those are cause for decline with an explanation. I asked for a little time when i first signed to train, after that i fought about once a month. The Hayes fight came about when i asked for a fight with either him or Thor because they were both similar rank comparable to Riccuito. I took that fight on less than two weeks notice.

I've been messaging orgs lately to let them know that I wasnt going to accept fights in September. I also messaged you a few weeks ago and let you know that I would wait for the love/croft winner and fight them asap. Had you or dinooo replied and let me know where I stood this would all have been avoided.

The idea that you would fund me to open up a 280k org is pretty laughable. I brought NYFN from about 30 to the top 10 (with Bjorns help) and DSC from the mid 20s to the top ten. I didnt inherit these orgs with tons of hype and money like you did with evo (chuck gifted Empire to you to turn into the abortion that is EVO) nor did I use outside funding like you did with IMMA.

I think you are a nice guy Jug, just not able to say no when you know managers are making you do things that threaten your orgs legitimacy.

• Downvote 1

1) Colin Croft got a title fight after two evo wins. So you look pretty stupid saying that Riccuito's three fight winning streak wasnt enough. I get that dinooo gets special treatment now. Thats how EVO works. Always has and seems like it always will work that way. Dinooo wanting higher ranked fighters isnt new either look at his three fights in evo with croft:

Thats garbage matchmaking in favor of your employee. Whether he asked for it or not is pretty much irrelevant. Its either incompetence or favoritism.

2) Saying i enjoy messaging org owners is more than total bullshit, its a flat out lie. It quickly turned into a chore to get a fight in evo that made sense. Either i would get a fight on 5 days notice or one where i was matched against a guy with far less hype or on a losing streak. Both of those are cause for decline with an explanation. I asked for a little time when i first signed to train, after that i fought about once a month. The Hayes fight came about when i asked for a fight with either him or Thor because they were both similar rank comparable to Riccuito. I took that fight on less than two weeks notice.

I've been messaging orgs lately to let them know that I wasnt going to accept fights in September. I also messaged you a few weeks ago and let you know that I would wait for the love/croft winner and fight them asap. Had you or dinooo replied and let me know where I stood this would all have been avoided.

The idea that you would fund me to open up a 280k org is pretty laughable. I brought NYFN from about 30 to the top 10 (with Bjorns help) and DSC from the mid 20s to the top ten. I didnt inherit these orgs with tons of hype and money like you did with evo (chuck gifted Empire to you to turn into the abortion that is EVO) nor did I use outside funding like you did with IMMA.

I think you are a nice guy Jug, just not able to say no when you know managers are making you do things that threaten your orgs legitimacy.

I didnt use any outside funding and chuck didnt gift anything to me, i bought it (Empire was brought to IMMA as we had the higher hype and chuck also really didnt have time to play any longer). But IMMA already had a better than good standing roster and you know that. Seems like your in the mood to exaggerate things tonight. And Croft deserved the titleshot bc he just beat Reyes (was in top10) who also was in a title contender spot (after his win of Funky since losing title) and had he beat Croft would have fought for title. It really doesnt matter what I say at this point, as nothing I say will mean anything to you because of your emotions.

A

• Upvote 2

I am a fan of not tooting your own horn but guess you don't think that.

NYFN was in the top 10 once because 1) You started a tournament which was favorable for the org, which was taking high hyped fighters to the org outside of your ID range. 2) The tournament was stupid as well European Premier League when your org was based outside of Europe. Stupid from the outset.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I am a fan of not tooting your own horn but guess you don't think that.

NYFN was in the top 10 once because 1) You started a tournament which was favorable for the org, which was taking high hyped fighters to the org outside of your ID range. 2) The tournament was stupid as well European Premier League when your org was based outside of Europe. Stupid from the outset.

You have the right to your opinion, but please don't say that NYFN wasn't a great succes and that it was only going up because of the tournament. That is bullshit. We had a ton of top talent signed, the managers were very loyal, ... everyone loved it! To me, it is still the thing in the game that I am the most proud about and your idiot post only shows that you were jealous of the big succes it had. If I didn't had to take some time away from the game due to health issues in my family, NYFN would have been still an absolute great place to be!! Sad that there are people like you who are jealous of other's people succes.

And we brought EPL back to live and it was huge succes. I'm sure that everyone who was part of the tournament can confirm that it was well organised and fun to be part of. ( Apart from the one fighter who lost all of his fights perhaps :P )

I shouldn't have reacted as it's not even worth it, but lets now all stop derailing this thread with bitter comments.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2