NFL future

Rambo

If mods move this I'll update more often. Can't provide consistent enough tycoon related material to justify this thread being bumped in General Discussion.

When you list a player, I try to find a player on a team that has a guy w/ the same age. The older guys listed will end up vets. I don't edit stats, just names, and will adjust height/weight if I need to. Usually can find a player w same age and identical measurements.

I haven't played Madden in a long time. Last version I played was Madden 07. I loved Superstar mode, best QB was the Michael Vick clone (the ultimate scrambler). I also liked making for HB the Ladanian Tomlinson clone also because that man could run the ball, catch and jump like a champ (I'd even switch him to WR for some plays to get him more experience and catching yards). WR I would go for the Randy Moss clone and he was always great.

Fun times. I don't follow football much anymore but I do kind of miss playing Madden.

How's the SS mode nowadays anyway?

Idk if there is a SS mode. They have "Long Shot" mode which is kind of like a linear story mode w/ pre-made character.

They have connected franchise where you choose between Player, Coach, and Owner. But I always choose Owner or Coach. Not sure if choosing a player makes it more geared towards SS mode or not but if it's anything like Coach/Owner than there isn't much substance outside of games, gameplay, and stat tracking. Outside of season stats it does a terrible job of pumping into life into franchise mode. They make subtle efforts w/ "News Feed" but it's repeated material w/ no story lines.

I.E. (in my current franchise file)

Week 8

Mexico City Conquistadors (4-2) @ San Diego Crusaders (7-0)

Mexico City's 2x MVP QB Brian Wang (87 Ovr) dislocated ankle in wk 7 vs San Antonio Marshalls (5-2) and is out 6 weeks. San Diego's 3x probowl vet starting RB Darrien Marriet (84 Ovr) is out w/ a shoulder tear. Mexico City defeated San Diego two consecutive years in a row ('29, '30) in the NFC Championship to make Superbowl. San Diego beat Mexico City in the ('25) NFC championship. San Diego's QB Ricky Rex (98 Ovr) is a former MVP and frequent Pro Bowl QB for 10 seasons. It's usually a shootout when these two teams meet. I would say it's a rivalry but the game doesn't acknowledge it at all.

I broadcast this game on mixer. Unfortunately the video didn't save (not that it was very entertaining but the highlights were in there and 1 of the most epic endings of all time) because of my settings. I thought broadcasting game on mixer would make easier for highlights than xbox upload studio which is slow and a pain in the ass. Anyway, a few MMATycoon fighters made plays in that game.

(Mex) Kajun Puno got his 2nd sack of the season in the 1st qtr.

(SDG) Jah Reid scored a long 52 yard TD Rec in the 3rd Qtr to put the Crusaders up 17-10.

(SDG) Brandon Vee made a few tackles and big hits. He had a big sack in the 4th qtr.

Mexico City scored w/ 1:44 seconds left in the game to take a 20-17 lead. Crusaders drive down the field and score w/ 24 seconds left in the game. It's 24-20 and no timeouts. 3rd String RB Dantavious Tubbs (Ovr 76) takes the kickoff back for a 98 yd TD and leaves 4 seconds left in the game. A squib kick later and I win.

The finish was crazy. but the crowd and team doesn't respond w/ any emotion or animation to simulate that moment. so that's disappointing. I remember back in the old days of NCAA the crowd would tear down the Goalpost if it was a big upset (NCAA later had this removed from the game because they didn't want to promote that). The News headlines the next week didn't say anything significant regarding the finish or victory. Just another Team beats Team update w/ a score.

An interesting storyline that will go unmentioned is that Tubbs is on the last year of his contract. I haven't offered him a renegotiation deal. I was going to let him walk because I don't see a point in paying a 3rd String RB and 2nd String KR to stay. Now I want to offer this dude a contract. No damn way I can let the Miracle Man walk off after that. That kickoff return might of earned him a contract to stay in Mexico City.

Columbus Aviators (5-2) @ Orlando Wizards (4-3)

The Wizards started off 1-4 and currently riding 3 game win streak. Jason Tanner (Ovr 79) was a 3rd Round draft pick and has been a career #2 backup QB for 7 seasons. It's his 8th season and it's his first year as a starter. He's preformed admirably as a career backup - having 4 seasons where he's had significant playing time due to starter being injured. As a backup he threw 6,100+ yards, 43 TD's 16 Interceptions. His best season was his rookie year when he threw 1853 Yds 13 TD 3 INT. Anyway, long story short, career backup, first year as a starter. He went into this game w/ 9 TD - 7 Interceptions. Not very good. The backup QB is a former 1st Rnd QB Lamar Jackson (Ovr 78) who's been in the league 12 seasons and started many games for other teams. Considering Tanner's struggles, you could say he was close to getting benched.

No comments. No headlines. Nothing about it. Wizards win 34-5 (Aviators scored on blocked extra point) and Tanner lit it up, and I have some of the highlights cuz I didn't try to broadcast game on mixer but other than 1 deep bomb the 2x TD passes were just quick slants and post in the redzone and it was only a 6 yd TD run. Nothing spectacular, but highly efficient. Impressive boxscore stats.

17/22

272 Yds

4 TD - 0 INT

1 Rush TD

was named NFC Offensive Player of the Week. but doesn't pop up in the news lines at all lol. NCAA has Dynasty's Newspaper which at least pumped a tad bit of life into it. If there was a last second finish, the headline would frequently say "FSU wins on the last play of the game." or something along those lines. Madden focuses far too much on online play and MUT card nonsense.

How did you relocate 16 teams? I think I’m at 10 and there’s no more cities or it tells me my rating isn’t low enough even if it is.

Turn relocation settings to All or something like that. Than you can move any team regardless of stadium rating.

Nope, it doesn't matter what the setting is, I don't have the option to relocate, it tells me my stadium rating is too high even if it isn't.

Nope, it doesn't matter what the setting is, I don't have the option to relocate, it tells me my stadium rating is too high even if it isn't.

Madden 18 xbox one.

100% there's a setting that will allow you to relocate anybody anywhere regardless of stadium. You might have to start the franchise w/ it. Not 100% sure. I know you can change the relocation settings and it'll work. It might be users only, I really can't remember what exact setting it was but there's only like 3-4 so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

^^^ ok, my bad. I forgot to mention I was like 3-4 seasons into franchise already when I decided to relocate all.

Edited by Rambo

Be warned, there's better things to do w/ your life than read any of this lol. Maybe some useful tips for madden franchise players. Still would like to see this thread moved...

anyway, too lazy to 'perfect' the video or add music or any of that. Just threw the plays in there to support the PBP I'm about to run down.

Updated OP w/ division winners, MVP, superbowl champ /score, etc. Will try to do quick summary in this post:

NFC North

* Brooklyn Beats (12-4)

Chicago Blues (10-6)

Toronto Thunderbirds (10-6)

Columbus Aviators (5-11)

NFC South

* Mexico City Conquistadors (14-2)

* San Antonio Marshalls (12-4)

* Orlando Wizards (11-5)

Austin Desperadoes (7-9)

NFC West

* San Diego Crusaders (14-2)

Salt Lake City Elks (7-9)

Portland Riverhogs (7-9)

Sacramento Miners (6-10)

NFC East

* London Monarchs (10-6)

London Bulldogs (9-7)

Houston Gunners (8-8)

Dublin Celtic Tigers (7-9)

Conquistadors beat Crusaders in rematch @ NFC championship. It wasn't as competitive as the regular season game. I crushed the Bronco's in the Superbowl but they got there with an 7-9 record which was kinda lame from a competitive standpoint but could of made it much more interesting if the commentary or pre-game presentation even acknowledged it in the slightest of ways.

Conquistadors were a juggernaut. Just hit 3 in a row. Aging. Had a lot of 90+ rated players and HOF players but most are 32-34 yrs old now. Earl Battle HB was 99, Randy Frost WR was 99, Julius Gage DE was 99 at one point. Brian Wang QB is 87 ovr now but he was usually low 80's before 2 MVP seasons earned ton of xp points.

Salary cap is on. Advice to anybody that plays is wait to use your player xp until you sign them to 7 year contracts and you can lower the salary and signing bonus a bit saving you money in long run, and locking em up long term before they evolve into 90+ ovr. Old ass players just want 1 year contracts but a lot of money if they are good - you can sign them long term too and save money for salary cap and unless they are a QB they retire before reaching end of contract. All contracts are back-loaded, so they don't take up as much cap space 1st few years.

then there's draft, trades, etc. Trades and draft get me useful draft picks that replace players that leave. 77 Ovr who is 21 w/ quick or superstar development is better than a 25-28 year old who is in the low 80's, especially for the price tags.

Anyway... about the video.

https://twitter.com/WarDaddyRambo/status/953152169674502145

little history last season

Wizards beat Conquistadors last year in regular season and 2nd game was really close. Jason Tanner is like a 76-78 ovr but he's a mobile QB and scrambles a lot. My defense is aged and some players who are great are just a little too slow so he can get into the secondary frequently and Wizards have a pretty damn good defense.

So new season starts, 2nd week of the season is Conquistadors @ Wizards. I play it. You can see recap in video (https://twitter.com/WarDaddyRambo/status/953152169674502145)

Tanner breaks a 70+ yd TD run on the first drive of the game. I didn't record it at the time cuz I was caught off guard and in a wtf moment. I drive down field, defense shuts redzone off down and I get field goal. Now I decided to capture replays and make one for tycoon.

Here is a Play By Play of most of the highlight reel.

Puno gets a sack on Wizards 2nd drive. Flexes out.

Tanner bombs a flipping fly to Aldo O'Donno. Aldo is like a 75 Ovr backup slot guy. That made me laugh but was result of my former probowl safety Kaliko Mauluga being 82 spd and 33-34 yrs old.

Old man Mauluga gets revenge INT vs Tanner and O'Donno misses a tackle. Obviously needs to work on his takedowns.

Half time report. That fumble was reversed btw. So them showing the replay was stupid lol. Frost mossed the shit out of the DB for a TD.

Earl Battle trucks Bastien Harris. I thought it was hilarious that they showed the replay so many times. What I didn't manage to capture was a few plays before that Harris lit up one of my backup WR's and made him fumble out of bounds. So I intentionally ran at him w/ my big ole powerback. Harris is pretty good like low 80's OVR.

Tanner going Johnny Football on me again...

end of game. end of game highlights. Conquistadors won but Wizards jumped out 14-3 early and Tanner went all willy nilly rushing for 120+ yds.