• Whymer Van Mastodon (40116)
    • Laz Staz (82447)
    • Action Jackson (123097)
    • Prince Mitchell (116394)
    • Carlos Castenada (84794)
    • Ibrahim Camara (118287)
    • Giuseppe Folioli (120427)
    • Bwang Jong Sr (91781)

On the subject of best CEO: The Gamma Awards mean much more, cos that is based on real stats, real fights and a criteria that clearly outlines who is 'actually' the best. At least in that org anyway..... Be great if someone went through the trouble to make a data summary for all our fighters across the board (all orgs). Nor sure why the other Org managers haven't done it...or maybe they do (forgive me if I'm incorrect). It really puts on a soverign touch.....That is, if REAL DATA and true stats are what people are generally looking for. Maybe not, maybe that's the point here? Not enough people are paying attention to 'that kind of stuff'......or it's something altogether more fishy?

• Upvote 4

I personally would like to see next year vetted properly. Can anyone just nominate anyone? Maybe the could be criteria to even get nominated, cos I only see 5-7 people on here that should be. I certainly shouldn't be on here, cos I only held the number one spot for a short period and for that reason alone, I certainly don't deserve to be on here.

It's ludicrous that this isn't a battle between Alex K, Bwang, Billy Arseworth and Laz. I would wanna see Action on the list too cos he's been an absolute killa and literally a scary opponent. So that is based on merit that is clearly earned on top of holding number spot. Look, I just wanna lay out the facts. Alex K held the number one spot for longer than anyone. Personally I find it hard to consider anyone who hasn't had a top ten P4P fighter. Alex had 3, possibly 4 top guys at the same time as he literally claiming the number one spot. I want to add that during ALex's reign I'm fairly certain he held the P4P number one spot a lot of that time. This is fucking major if you bare in mindhow hard it is to even just get a fiighter to the number 1 p4p position.

Laz has LITERALLY only fought killas. He also held the number one spot with top ten fighters. If u look over his whole year, you will see he practically had no fights in ID restricted orgs and the fights he had are against top managers with fighters at the highest level. So a real (working) opposition rank should also be taken into consideration.

Fairly certain Billy Aresworth held a similar reign (forgive me for not paying much attention to details or events earlier in the year which dare I say it was has happened here). People or voters that weren't around during the year are voting or this is simply a popluarity contest.......hmmmm but still something dodgy!

I also want to point out that some awards are missing this year. They should hav stayed like Best CEO...etc. And a new one should be added now after all this shinagins.

Well said Carlos we should be talking about who had the better year Laz, Alex, Billy or Bwang. Who had bigger fights, head to head records etc and I'm not being partial to my alliance as I think either Laz or Alex deserve it the most. There is also the question of eligibility as there are some unanswered accusations of cheating among the nominees in regards to being multi's. I can also almost guarantee the aforementioned managers did not lobby for votes.

• Upvote 10

While I think all parts of the game should count I agree it makes sense for top org fights to weigh a lot heavier and wish they did so for manager hype. But then 1. everyone votes according to their own criteria and 2. most people won't research a full years worth of fights for 11 managers.. and 3. yes there is something doggy.

Frankly speaking, i think a large % of the above votes are not following any criteria.

• Upvote 1

Well said Carlos we should be talking about who had the better year Laz, Alex, Billy or Bwang. Who had bigger fighters, head to head records etc and I'm not be partial to my alliance as I think either Laz or Alex deserve it the most. There is also the question of eligibility as there are some unanswered accusations of cheating among the nominees in regards to being multi's. I can also almost guarantee the aforementioned managers did not lobby for votes.

I think that is another good criteria. Maybe the criteria for manager of the year should be:

#1 You need to have held the #1 spot during the year.

#2 You need to have held AT LEAST one title in a top PPV level org.

#3 Number of top 100 ranked fighters.

#4 Total fights in top level orgs.

#5 Total wins in said orgs.

#6 Head to head between the challengers for this award during the year.

This is specific criteria.

• Upvote 6

You gonna give me a 10-day timeout big man? You can't be utter shit all year round, then act like the "good guy" while using dirty tactics to try and lure in "empty votes". Doesn't work that way.

As far as me "living here" goes, that's not really you're business as far as anyone is concerned.

BUUUUUURN :owned:

I think that is another good criteria. Maybe the criteria for manager of the year should be:

This is a really swell idea and I could see it being implemented as awards for the Super Fight League at the end of 2020.

For the Tycoon Awards I honestly don’t see this ever passing as it’s not inclusive enough.

But please keep those creative juices flowing and we can properly discuss come November when I reopen the Brainstormz thread for the 2020 awards. I could not thank you guys enough for all the ideas and support this year. Thank you on behalf of Mike and myself!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Inclusiveness has no place in sports. Either you win or you lose.

This is a really swell idea and I could see it being implemented as awards for the Super Fight League at the end of 2020.

For the Tycoon Awards I honestly don’t see this ever passing as it’s not inclusive enough.

But please keep those creative juices flowing and we can properly discuss come November when I reopen the Brainstormz thread for the 2020 awards. I could not thank you guys enough for all the ideas and support this year. Thank you on behalf of Mike and myself!

not inclusive enough? or do you mean youre just upset there is no option for number of qfcs won to qualify? im not sure which cuntmara is more insufferable, the old one who tried to act tough behind his cherry picking and qfcs, or this one who is on his hands and knees working for voters and mikes spunk all over his face

• Upvote 2

If you feel that the criteria of generally being successful at top level is "not inclusive enough" for manager of the year award, then I have bad news for the "honourability" of your awards buddy. But leaving that aside, I find your delusional nonsense rather entertaining.

If we apply just the first of those rules (being #1 at some point during the year) to some of the other categories it will be counter productive...

Take Unrestricted org for example....

I might be mistaken but at no point this year have I ever seen GAMMA hold that #1 spot. Would that mean the title would be contended between just SYN and CEC ?

I don`t think that`s fair. I believe CEC held the #1 spot for the longest and GAMMA not only hit that 10 year anniversary and Mentor dedicated his involvement in the game solely to running it which has given GAMMA one of it`s better years in 2019 whereas SYN was a bit quiet compared to past years.

How would that be fair for GAMMA?

I say this with the utmost respect not just to GAMMA but also to Mentor who Grumpy holds in the highest regards and so do I.

The bottom line here is awards are always going to be part popularity contests, they always were and they always will be.

We can have some rules such as Breakthrough Manager of the Year that should not include anyone having hit #1 in the past and New Manager which should not have returning managers but apart from those no brainers we cannot restrict the awards nominations much more otherwise it will backfire and we will have less participation.

I`m seeing some epic races accross the board, whatever you guys might think of me, my persona in the game don`t let it fool you into thinking these are not the best ran awards ever. Because they are, and if you did not partake on the brainstorming nor the nomination discussions I think it a bit unfair to come cry wolf with 3 days left just because voting is not going however you wish it to go.

All the Best

Ibby

• Downvote 5

Are you seriously trying to compare rules for voting between a MANAGER and an ORGANIZATION? are you that dense? quit trying to spin things around and get off topic because you know people are right and how the awards this year(coincidentally being ran by you) are utter bullshit

This same discussion is going on in the Best Company category except much more politely.

This will be (maybe) the first year we have a post-mortem thread to see best practices and opportunities for 2020 awards.

Comparing these credentials

to this

lotos, on 26 Jan 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:snapback.png

My criteria for best is pretty high, especially IF u compare workmanship, individuality (if the designs are simply copied and how far have they been made into unique), quality of prints (ie how well the graphics are put together, and if if are in focus), effort and things like that. Logo is very important and I'd be the first to say they probably have the best logo and an excellent name.

You are delusional if you think thats the same thing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lol poor Camara, noone has any respect for u as a manager or a person on here. Ur name shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the mangers nominated for this award. Go ahead and be THAT guy tho, we all can see through you and it's pretty pathetic man.

It's funny cuz I read someone say something like, "if Camara wasn't the troll that he is, then the game wouldn't be as much fun", when in reality.... He is the only thing that's currently holding the game back. These awards would be so much more interesting if they were ran with integrity and not some childish ulterior motives.

• Upvote 10

It's obvious something needs to be done about the process of the awards for next year. I like the 5 alliance per vote rule we have this year, that takes away from the big alliances having too much control.

But I feel we need to do something about who can vote. You can't have accounts that joined in 2020 voting for something that took place in 2019. How would they know? I'd propose a 3 month period prior to noms being a cut off for voting.

Also new manager needs to be say an 18 month window prior to nominations so as to not miss certain managers.

As for humors, he'll do what he does no matter what because he's a cbomb. I can minimize his multi voting as much as possible but there is nothing against him sending mails to people asking them to vote as shitty as it may be.

I will happily put myself forward as a possibility to do the awards next year.

• Upvote 11

It's obvious something needs to be done about the process of the awards for next year. I like the 5 alliance per vote rule we have this year, that takes away from the big alliances having too much control.

But I feel we need to do something about who can vote. You can't have accounts that joined in 2020 voting for something that took place in 2019. How would they know? I'd propose a 3 month period prior to noms being a cut off for voting.

Also new manager needs to be say an 18 month window prior to nominations so as to not miss certain managers.

As for humors, he'll do what he does no matter what because he's a cbomb. I can minimize his multi voting as much as possible but there is nothing against him sending mails to people asking them to vote as shitty as it may be.

I will happily put myself forward as a possibility to do the awards next year.

I still feel more for the idea of letting Mike pick a committee for the yearly awards.

As long as the committee has an uneven number of members (Mike included) and is a mix of veterans from different alliances/countries, it would already be more fair than how the winners are voted/picked currently....

Also, being picked by a 'board of veterans' as award winner, gives it more 'panache' in my opinion.

• Upvote 5

If we apply just the first of those rules (being #1 at some point during the year) to some of the other categories it will be counter productive...

Take Unrestricted org for example....

I might be mistaken but at no point this year have I ever seen GAMMA hold that #1 spot. Would that mean the title would be contended between just SYN and CEC ?

I don`t think that`s fair. I believe CEC held the #1 spot for the longest and GAMMA not only hit that 10 year anniversary and Mentor dedicated his involvement in the game solely to running it which has given GAMMA one of it`s better years in 2019 whereas SYN was a bit quiet compared to past years.

How would that be fair for GAMMA?

I say this with the utmost respect not just to GAMMA but also to Mentor who Grumpy holds in the highest regards and so do I.

The bottom line here is awards are always going to be part popularity contests, they always were and they always will be.

We can have some rules such as Breakthrough Manager of the Year that should not include anyone having hit #1 in the past and New Manager which should not have returning managers but apart from those no brainers we cannot restrict the awards nominations much more otherwise it will backfire and we will have less participation.

I`m seeing some epic races accross the board, whatever you guys might think of me, my persona in the game don`t let it fool you into thinking these are not the best ran awards ever. Because they are, and if you did not partake on the brainstorming nor the nomination discussions I think it a bit unfair to come cry wolf with 3 days left just because voting is not going however you wish it to go.

All the Best

Ibby

No one gives you permission to run next years awards and we will be sure to start our own threads don’t worry. No more of this corruption.

Make sure there is a big asterisk next to your award to remind you bud. We all see it.

That awkward feeling when people who respected/liked you are finally starting to see your true colors, huh Ibrahim.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

That just means they'll simply load up on accounts 3 months in advance, or just keep going with the ones created this year, then let them sit unused for an entire year until the corpses have to come out of the graves to vote.

Would kill ALL the shinanigins in a heartbeat. Even if the other awards had at least some sort of criteria written at the top and maybe examples of work (so people aren't basing their opinions so much on memory). Seems that most people don't want to trawl through looking fo, preferring to vote on what they can remember; which in a lot of cases is the last 6 months at best (I know for a fact that a few managers wouldn't spend 5 mins to let alone look through even their own private messages or read). Yeh I deduce, these awards don't mean shit. I never cared much for awards or ranking, so I have zero interest in arguing with the likes of you that don't deserve shit. This year is a horrible affair and I doubt I will even be taking part in the awards next year. I have absolutely no interest in popularity, which is clearly all the voting awards are....or maybe letting off some steam in my case.

Although those who have dominated in their flields should get some recognition, so I think a REAL awards take place as well. Awards based on true data much like Mentor's example. The hardcore or elite managers could simply not take part in any of THIS and let the smaller fish eat each other over the voting awards.

• Upvote 3