Gangs of New York 2

Passed out while doing updates last night. Will do it again soon. Just woke up. 8 teams is a scary thought, it would mean a total of 7 fights for everyone without people quitting and would make it 6 weeks longer than it currently is but I'll have a proper think about it when I'm at the office lol

I definitely think there are pluses and minuses to adding more teams.

I agree with Rory that more teams might make it feel a bit over saturated and could "water down the product". That's not something I think we would want, as the first GoNY was fantastic, so we want to continue to see the same high quality product. Add in the fact that 8 teams means 40 fighters and 40 managers that will stick with this and see it all the way through (especially with the potential of being 0-5 and having horrible hiddens).

On the other hand, more people means more fights and more fun. Obviously there is no shortage of interest in GoNY and I think this could definitely make things more interesting with more smack talk then we have ever seen before.

Exactly, its a tough call as much as I'd like to have as many people as possible it does add a couple of worries regarding the length of the tourney and the loyalty of its participants.

Anyway, I'll give it a wee bit of time and go ahead with updating rankings and who the captain will be, if someone drops out then thats fine as we have plenty of replacements.

Castor, as it stands there are already 30 managers but there are 6 replacements including you. If another 4 join I will consider adding 2 extra teams but reduce time between fights from 3 weeks to 2 weeks.

If we did 6 teams which would be 5 events with 3 weeks in between them that would equal 15 weeks. Training time before 1st event would be 4 weeks)

If we did 8 teams which would be 7 events with 2 weeks in between them that would equal 14 weeks.Training time before 1st event would be 5 weeks)

So both the 6 and 8 team layouts would equal to 19 weeks commitment form everyone. Happy days. I will decide on which one it is depending if 4 more people are keen.

Also I've updated the rankings and captains.

What if somebody gets injured for 16 days?

That is what he is getting at with adding more teams. I wouldn't recommend making it longer then it needs to be because the longer it goes the more people will lose interest.