TUF 18: Team Rousey vs Team Tate (Discussion Thread)

DeadlyDirk

you know what the messed up part is she has done said she is going to break tate's arm and make sure she breaks it -- i consider that worse than palharres really -- ronda has done said she doesnt care and is gonna break her arm -- if she ends up not letting go (if tap happens) and does it thats gonna make dana look bad if he doesnt fire her or do something to her after firing palharres

tate doesn't tap until her arm is turned into wet spaghetti (as evidenced by their first fight), so i don't see the problem with rousey saying that. i could see her continuing to wrench on it for a second or so after a tap, but a lot of fighters do that.

Palhares is the man. Falsely accused of malicious intent. People rally in numbers due to emotional finger tips typing a mess and the media trying to blow it out of proportion. Palhares has never held on to a submission for too long. Rampage vs Wanderlei Silva anybody? Anybody complain and jump on their horse about that one?

totally this. i actually think he could have let go some subs earlier but I think he was hardly close to ending somebody's career as the media and some emotional pinkies tend to picture. rampage's and hendo's thing were much much closer to that. jones' knees to the kneecap too. yet i don't think any of them should be punished though... it kind of comes with the job.

• Upvote 1

totally this. i actually think he could have let go some subs earlier but I think he was hardly close to ending somebody's career as the media and some emotional pinkies tend to picture. rampage's and hendo's thing were much much closer to that. jones' knees to the kneecap too. yet i don't think any of them should be punished though... it kind of comes with the job.

Exactly.

A lot of the times where Palhares has held onto subs "too long" his beady little eyes are closed or wincing and he's about to pop a blood vessel in his head lol.

Exactly.

A lot of the times where Palhares has held onto subs "too long" his beady little eyes are closed or wincing and he's about to pop a blood vessel in his head lol.

well didnt he let go on a sub one time and jumped up on the fence thinking he won -- then the ref informed him he didnt win -- cant remember exactly but thought it was him -- something like that happening will make you hold on little longer too making sure you have won

well didnt he let go on a sub one time and jumped up on the fence thinking he won -- then the ref informed him he didnt win -- cant remember exactly but thought it was him -- something like that happening will make you hold on little longer too making sure you have won

No, it was a head kick.. but basically yeah. It also sounded like someone was yelling "stop stop stop" when it happened.