Overeem?

Carwin would completely pummel the living shit out of Lesnar 9 out of 10 times. Brock is lucky that they didn't stop the fight, but I'm glad they didn't - I think fights should go on a lil longer unless opponent is blatantly finished. Carwin fucked up by not makin Brock who curled into the fetal position stand up, and gassed himself punchin Brock's arms lol.

Overeem will get KO'd by JDS in the 1st or 2nd round, or whenever Overeem decides to engage. Overeem /over roid = overrated. His win over Brock was pathetic. Brock was pathetic in that fight and obviously had no business being in the cage that night. Yeah the injuries didn't help at all, but he was really never that good to begin with. He out muscled Mir once, beat a gassed out Carwin after gettin his ass kicked, beat up on a retired out of shape Heath Hearing, beat up on little LHW 50 year old Couture, he was a hype machine, and a lot of people who watch UFC bought into the hype and thought he was the shit, which he wasn't, and it's not the least bit surprising that he got whooped by Cain and overrated Overeem, and is now retired.

JDS will knock Overeem out. Roy Nelson could KO overeem. Carwin would slap Overeem into unconciousness.

JDS will knock Overeem out. Roy Nelson could KO overeem. Carwin would slap Overeem into unconciousness.

its intresting that JDS will only KO overeem but Carwin will slap him in to unconcisioness when we all know that JDS almost put parkinson decease on Carwin.

The thing with K1 is the same as the boxing. MMA is more whys to win so 1 mistake can cost you a fight thats why a lot of people can loose with 1 stupid mistake but look at k1 and boxing they all have the same guys dominating for years and thats not because the tallent is not there just because these guys are to fucking good at what they do.

thats like Anderson is dominating at 185 so there is no good guys in that weight class but in 205 when Jones where not champion where everyone was beating every it was the most talanted divison but now when Jones is champion and no one cant beat him all these guys doest look so talanted after all.

Thats bulls crap. K-1 has the sae guys because their rules alienate all the major styles of kickboxing, It isnt popular but in Japan and a few other countries, and typical of Japanese promotions. They refuse to replace big name has beens with young prospects. Pride was the same way. They never brought in new fighters. The guys they had who were at the top in 2001 were the same guys at the top in 2007. Had nothing to do with them being to good. Mark Coleman sells more seats than Jon Jones in his first fight. They can make anyone appear good. They choose to go for the sure ticket sell.

That also isnt the case for boxing either. They stay at the top for many years because they get to pick their opponents. No one stays at the top that long and the best have their weakness. Anderson Silva is in a shallow division. It has been that was sinc eit was created.

The thing with K1 is the same as the boxing. MMA is more whys to win so 1 mistake can cost you a fight thats why a lot of people can loose with 1 stupid mistake but look at k1 and boxing they all have the same guys dominating for years and thats not because the tallent is not there just because these guys are to fucking good at what they do.

thats like Anderson is dominating at 185 so there is no good guys in that weight class but in 205 when Jones where not champion where everyone was beating every it was the most talanted divison but now when Jones is champion and no one cant beat him all these guys doest look so talanted after all.

Thats bulls crap. K-1 has the sae guys because their rules alienate all the major styles of kickboxing, It isnt popular but in Japan and a few other countries, and typical of Japanese promotions. They refuse to replace big name has beens with young prospects. Pride was the same way. They never brought in new fighters. The guys they had who were at the top in 2001 were the same guys at the top in 2007. Had nothing to do with them being to good. Mark Coleman sells more seats than Jon Jones in his first fight. They can make anyone appear good. They choose to go for the sure ticket sell.

That also isnt the case for boxing either. They stay at the top for many years because they get to pick their opponents. No one stays at the top that long and the best have their weakness. Anderson Silva is in a shallow division. It has been that was sinc eit was created.

Its not about have much fights you have there but what have you done there. Everyone knows that K1 HW division is the stronges on with guys like Hari Schilt and others. And have you can compere guy who have won K1 grand prix with guy who is 1-4 K1 and guy who is throwing fights there?

Bob Sapp won some legit fights in K-1 and did much better than Overeem did. The corruption that created Bob Sapp has its hands in everything K-1 and effects all the other fighters too. Dont blame Sapp. Blame K-1 you are defending. You claim the product is good but want to discredit Sapp. A lot of fighters made their name and built a lot of hype on beating Sapp. Then someone beat them. So if Sapp was a fraud then the entire k-1 roster is fraudulent. Tom Erickson was maybe was 1-4. But he beat a guy that everyone in K-1 was padding their record with. Giant Norte was a K-1 mainstay. Someone who shouldnt have been KO'ed by a PURE 1 diminsional wrestler.

Fighters in K-1 are less skilled than they used to be but bigger. They aren't worse. They're better. Semmy Schilt would've beaten the winners of the K-1 10 years ago as well. He wouldn't have to break a sweat. If Tyrone Spong competed in the 90's he would've been in the finals every single time.

Semmy Schilt is a classic example of how far K-1 has declined. Went went into kickboxing and left because he wasnt that good. Then went back after he couldnt make it past gate keeper in MMA. How can you be so sure he is good? He fights the same guys over and over which is a common theme in K-1. He has fought JLB 4 times, Aerts 4, Remmy 3, Hoost 3. He has over 20 fights with only 7 different guys. He also got smashed on the feet by Gilbert Yvel back in the day.

Its always a good sign of the quality of the talent pool when a guy can walk away from a 12 year MMA career and jump into K-1 in his 30's and beat all the 40 year olds.

How can you sat they are less skilled but bigger? Its the same damn fighters lol. JeBanner, Aerts, Bonjasky, Alexy, etc. They had a K-1 USa even tthe other day and it was of course the same guys as i last watched it 8 years ago. Dewey Cooper, Mighty Mo, and Rich Rufus. In fact the only guy who is having any success who wasnt around when i watched it is Badr Hari. K-1 is a dead product. They shut down in 2011 and have a long history of financial problems and not paying fighters. Which is why noone looks to go into K-1 and why they keep the big names until they turn to dust.

its intresting that JDS will only KO overeem but Carwin will slap him in to unconcisioness when we all know that JDS almost put parkinson decease on Carwin.

Thats true but just because you match up better head to head doesnt mean you dont match up as well verses someone else. Brock beat Carwin. But Carwin did better verses Mir than Brock did. Santos had the speed to stay on the outside of Carwin. Overeem wouldnt. In theory Carwin could punish him in many different positions and posibley through wrestling. Where as Santos is pretty much only going to try to box. Not saying i agree because im not sold on Carwin. But who does best verses Overeem has nothing to do with who was better head to head. That logic doesnt work in this sport.

Pride was the same way. They never brought in new fighters. The guys they had who were at the top in 2001 were the same guys at the top in 2007.

Complete and utter bullshit, Pride brought in tons of guys in after 2001 who got to fight the top guys in the division -- I'd argue they signed better fighters between 2002-2006 than the UFC did.. some examples

HW: Werdum (2005), Kharitonov (2003), Hunt (2004), Barnett (2004), Fedor (2002), Aleks (2003)

LHW: Shogun (2003), Nakamura (2003), Diet Nog (2002), Sokoudjou (2007), Overeem (2002), Yoshida (2003)

I'll ignore the fact they built 2 more divisions (LW and MW) after 2001, not to mention the countless guys who came in and didn't make it to the top.

Semmy Schilt is a classic example of how far K-1 has declined. Went went into kickboxing and left because he wasnt that good. Then went back after he couldnt make it past gate keeper in MMA. How can you be so sure he is good? He fights the same guys over and over which is a common theme in K-1. He has fought JLB 4 times, Aerts 4, Remmy 3, Hoost 3. He has over 20 fights with only 7 different guys. He also got smashed on the feet by Gilbert Yvel back in the day.

Schilt improved drastically between 1996 and 2004 (and he still lost to Ignashov in 2004). Schilt was always a ridiculously difficult opponent under 3 knockdown rules, simply because he doesn't even need to connect cleanly. Also Yvel was a pretty decent striker in his own right; just really unreliable and prone to acts of extreme stupditiy.

Thats true but just because you match up better head to head doesnt mean you dont match up as well verses someone else. Brock beat Carwin. But Carwin did better verses Mir than Brock did. Santos had the speed to stay on the outside of Carwin. Overeem wouldnt. In theory Carwin could punish him in many different positions and posibley through wrestling. Where as Santos is pretty much only going to try to box. Not saying i agree because im not sold on Carwin. But who does best verses Overeem has nothing to do with who was better head to head. That logic doesnt work in this sport.

thats because Mir is a ground fighter but Carwin and JDS is not so they are mached the same against Overeem.

Bob Sapp won some legit fights in K-1 and did much better than Overeem did. The corruption that created Bob Sapp has its hands in everything K-1 and effects all the other fighters too. Dont blame Sapp. Blame K-1 you are defending. You claim the product is good but want to discredit Sapp. A lot of fighters made their name and built a lot of hype on beating Sapp. Then someone beat them. So if Sapp was a fraud then the entire k-1 roster is fraudulent. Tom Erickson was maybe was 1-4. But he beat a guy that everyone in K-1 was padding their record with. Giant Norte was a K-1 mainstay. Someone who shouldnt have been KO'ed by a PURE 1 diminsional wrestler.

Bob Sapp only legit win is old Ernesto Hoost and that your Tom guy have won fighter who is 9-14 lol

A simple question ! If you put JDS in boxing training with no previouse training expierienc and you put Klichko in MMA training with also no previouse experien and after 10years who will be champion or on better ranked in their game?

Its always a good sign of the quality of the talent pool when a guy can walk away from a 12 year MMA career and jump into K-1 in his 30's and beat all the 40 year olds.

My friend you are very stupid :) Semmy had only kickboxing training and experience and he joined MMA only to make money because like you said K1 was dying. When he returned ar 30 whats the problem there? Its not like he wasnt training for all that time and I kinda dont understand why he was not very good in k1 when his record there is 39-6 and looking at 30year point doest look like he have left he was figting few fights a year every year after he started so thats a bs also.

Semmy Schilt came into MMA from Karate. He never kickboxed before. When he came from MMA to K-1 he was an instant success.

How can you sat they are less skilled but bigger? Its the same damn fighters
I hope you're not serious. Overeem is also still the same guy. Compare the Aerts who won the GP to the guy who was in the finals last. Satake, Hug, Aerts, Maurice Smith, Branko, those guys were close to 200 lbs. Semmy would've butchered them. If the 190 lbs version of Spong would've competed with these guys there's a very good chance that he would've won.

Bonjaski, Schilt, Spong, Ghokan Saki, Ghita, Hari, all those guys are better than the average competitor was in the 90's.

Btw, I just read that Mike Bernardo killed himself in Februari. That's some sad news.

Semmy Schilt came into MMA from Karate. He never kickboxed before. When he came from MMA to K-1 he was an instant success.

How can you sat they are less skilled but bigger? Its the same damn fighters
I hope you're not serious. Overeem is also still the same guy. Compare the Aerts who won the GP to the guy who was in the finals last. Satake, Hug, Aerts, Maurice Smith, Branko, those guys were close to 200 lbs. Semmy would've butchered them. If the 200 lbs version of Spong would've competed with these guys he would've been the top favorite.

Bonjaski, Schilt, Spong, Ghokan Saki, Ghita, Hari, all those guys are better than the average competitor was in the 90's.

Btw, I just read that Mike Bernardo killed himself in Februari. That's some sad news.

Anderson Silva is in a shallow division. It has been that was sinc eit was created.

And if Silva wasnt there and it was like 205 2years a go? Now after i think few years where no one will beat Jones what you will say about 205?

Le Banner, Aerts, Hoost, Greco, Hug and Bernardo > that list, and not by a small margin either.

Evidence: Aerts has a winning record with several those guys.. while over the age of 35.

Also, Spong fears Corbett.

A simple question ! If you put JDS in boxing training with no previouse training expierienc and you put Klichko in MMA training with also no previouse experien and after 10years who will be champion or on better ranked in their game?

Santos. Because in boxing he can pick his own fights and run off 30 wins. Kilts in MMA would get beat early and often.

And if Silva wasnt there and it was like 205 2years a go? Now after i think few years where no one will beat Jones what you will say about 205?

I believe 205 is weak also. The UFC has big names so they don't put the effort into building it. But the names are old fighters who are trying to take out a 24 year old.

Do you realize the UFC only has about 30 fighters on their roster for HW and 30 for LHW. Yet the light divisions like 155 have over 60 on the roster. That's why it seems everyone can beat everyone and there is a log jam at the top. Everyone has been beat recently.

Santos. Because in boxing he can pick his own fights and run off 30 wins. Kilts in MMA would get beat early and often.

please link me that great HW fighter who klichko brothers are ducking can i see them?

I believe 205 is weak also. The UFC has big names so they don't put the effort into building it. But the names are old fighters who are trying to take out a 24 year old.

Do you realize the UFC only has about 30 fighters on their roster for HW and 30 for LHW. Yet the light divisions like 155 have over 60 on the roster. That's why it seems everyone can beat everyone and there is a log jam at the top. Everyone has been beat recently.

Every havet been beat recently ! Anderson have been beat for like 10years or so thats why MW division is called if you take Anderson out of that divison it would be the same as 205 few years a go where everyone would be a start because ther would be like 7 champions. 205 was the most talanted divison before JJ started to dominate so what changed? Other fighter talant dropped or just JJ is on other level?

please link me that great HW fighter who klichko brothers are ducking can i see them?

I didnt say he was ducking anyone. Bust just about everyone else is. IF the promoter or the Showtime/HBO, or the governing bodies hold fighters back. There have been many cases of its olways going on, where a fighter cant get fights or they are given bad fights to get them knocked off to protect someone else. Its all politics. The truth of the matter is It would very very easy for anyone with average skill to run off a ton of wins if they dont jump at a big money fight. Dewey Cooper has had a great boxing career so far and so did Matt Skelton. How far you go in boxing depends on how soon you try to be champ. Santos would never be a champion. BUt he could easly run off a great recor and get into some rankings. Many fruad boxers have do so in the past and only got exposed when they were called on for a big money fight to pad a big names record.

Neither would be legit top 20 if they crossed over. They could only be false hyped to that sport. IF Klits signed in the UFC and beat 1 bum most would rank him above every other non UFC fighter just based apon being in the UFC. There are guys in the UFC who would lose to hundreds of guys out of the UFC. But he would never be close to the 20th best HW. Santos would never be close to the 20th best HW boxer. They could only APPEAR to be top 20.

Le Banner, Aerts, Hoost, Greco, Hug and Bernardo > that list, and not by a small margin either.

Evidence: Aerts has a winning record with several those guys.. while over the age of 35.

Also, Spong fears Corbett.

I said the average competitor and I admitted that they were more skilled, but they weren't as big. Aerts is a freak of nature. Back in the day Aerts lost a lot of fights though because of a huge size disadvantage and injury problems. He certainly wasn't as agile in his later years, but he fought a lot smarter and was a lot bigger. Andy Hug is another great fighter, but also relatively small compared to the fighters now. Bernardo always had difficulties against fighters who he didn't have a size advantage on. And Hoost always had trouble against bigger fighters as well. There's just no way any of those guys could've dealt with the size of a Semmy Schilt. LeBanner was good, but I don't think he was better than any of the fighters that I mentioned. And Greco...

Spong fucked up against Corbett, but it's not like that's a big shame. He probably has the biggest balls of any fighter out there. The guy fought at 170 two years before he moved to the big boys in K-1.