TUF 14- Mayhem vs Pissping

Face Kicker

Hahaha! Why do you "hate" Couture?

Out of interest, did the hate for Bisping in America stem from the Jorge Rivera thing

I don't think anybody outside the UK really likes him. I'm not from the US. The real question is, where does that love in the UK come from?

I don't think anybody outside the UK really likes him. I'm not from the US. The real question is, where does that love in the UK come from?

He was always pretty popular everywhere after he won TUF season 3. I've got some of the DVD's of him fighting in Canada and the US and the crowd gave him a great reception. Bisping will always be popular over here because he was simply the first famous mixed martial artist and pretty much carried the UK market on his own at first. Personally he's just another fighter to me, I dont really care whether he wins or not, personally I think the UK's best fighter for the future is going to be Ross Pearson, I think Bisping is pretty good but not elite. I thought he represented the UK well on the TUF 9 show and showed he's a good coach, I really dont get why everyone suddenly started hating on him after that. The knee to Rivera, regardless of all the trash talking was a disgrace, but other than that he's never really done anything to earn the hate, unlike Koscheck, Nick Diaz and guys like that. Paul Daley is a good example of someone who deserves shit from the UK! What a total waste of space he is.

Bisping had one problem within the usa and that was a dry northern British humour. People didn't get him to start with so didn't like him much and then they really didn't like him after the Hammill fight

Then the TUF coaching sent him to the hated level, but again primarily in the usa only. The Rivera fight actually split people on him, some hated him even more and some people thought Rivera was so out of line they went to just strongly dissing him again

Bisping has told me that he loves being the bad guy over there, mainly because as long as people have an opinion of him either way he will have a job, so he plays on it now and happily riles the usa fans as it means people will tune in just to see him lose

He is a good guy in real life, he just runs his mouth occasionally without thinking and assumes that people will get him but he had been a lot better since the Hendo fight, until Jorge of course

As mentioned, his dry British humour was taken too seriously by US fans. He didn't mean 99% of his trash talk so I always kind of liked him. Then the knee and spit in the Rivera fight made me lose all respect. Rivers was just doing what Bisping always does. Hyping a fight while trying to have fun. If he can't take he shouldn't give.

I don't think the hate initiated with the Rivera fight, I think his attitude and trash talking since TUF 3 has been what's makes him so hated, at least that's how it works with me. Look at Sonnen or Koscheck, they're all hated because of the same thing. The difference is that, for example, Sonnen is actually funny to someone other than himself (unlike Bisping or Koscheck)... but maybe that's just me

To give you some perspective, their alternative is Alex Reid.

To give you some perspective, their alternative is Alex Reid.

Manny don't you ever utter that filthy language again or ill have you banned and visited at home by 3 well built trans genders with deep voices and large hands....

Don't, really. Just kind of dislike him for some of his shadiness stemming from some early Quest business involving sponsor money and Evan Tanner, and he comes across as fake.

I do, however, hate Matt Hughes, legitly.

Bisping had one problem within the usa and that was a dry northern British humour. People didn't get him to start with so didn't like him much and then they really didn't like him after the Hammill fight

Then the TUF coaching sent him to the hated level, but again primarily in the usa only. The Rivera fight actually split people on him, some hated him even more and some people thought Rivera was so out of line they went to just strongly dissing him again

Bisping has told me that he loves being the bad guy over there, mainly because as long as people have an opinion of him either way he will have a job, so he plays on it now and happily riles the usa fans as it means people will tune in just to see him lose

He is a good guy in real life, he just runs his mouth occasionally without thinking and assumes that people will get him but he had been a lot better since the Hendo fight, until Jorge of course

i love dry humor, so that has nothing to do with my dislike for him. i just think he's a d-bag. the HORRIBLE decision win that he got over hammill (and his response to it) didn't help things, and the rivera stuff just cemented his place on mma's biggest douchebags list.

all the gifs from hendo knocking him out will always hold a special place in my heart. especially the knight rider one lol.

(i hope this works, i'm at work and the link is blocked)

http://static1.wapple.net/images/mp.jpg?p=e5245d5af97ff792b8ba293af782250f

i love dry humor, so that has nothing to do with my dislike for him. i just think he's a d-bag. the HORRIBLE decision win that he got over hammill (and his response to it) didn't help things, and the rivera stuff just cemented his place on mma's biggest douchebags list.

http://static1.wapple.net/images/mp.jpg?p=e5245d5af97ff792b8ba293af782250f

This.

Althugh I have to admit, he'd probably be a funny guy to hang out with.

yeah i have a feeling this will be the best season as far as antics between the coaches goes

It looks like it's going to be a good season, but I can't see it top Penn vs Pulver. That was just great in every way.

I really dont get where Bisping is supposed to have done all of this trash talking!? The only instance was the Rivera fight and Rivera initiated it all, and went way too far...frankly I think Bisping had every right to spit at the cornermen after the instance where they brought his girlfriend into the video slandering, but the illegal knee pissed me off. But yeah, back to the point, I really think its a lot more about Americans HATING the fact that another country got one over on them on their own TV show than anything Bisping ever actually said or did. He's always expressed confidence in winning fights but he treat Henderson with respect, he treat Wanderlei with respect, Kang, Dan Miller, Evans, Akiyama, all his fights bar Rivera and Hamill really. He's just another fighter. I'm sure he'll get shit from American fans for "trash talking" on this season when Mayhem is the one instigating it.

On a different note its great to have the Bantams and Feathers on a season, the little guys always put on the most exciting fights!

As someone that knows Mike personally dude can I just say that he does trash talk, a lot. He has a character now that he enjoys playing and that character does stir and try as much as possible to wind up the Americans

So I'm sorry Tom, but he does act like that and trash talk all the time, and he does it deliberately...

I really think its a lot more about Americans HATING the fact that another country

It's really not an American thing to hate douchebags as much as it might be a Brittish thing to like them. I don't really like Bisping. I'm not an American. I didn't like him during the Ultimate fighter as a fighter. I didn't like him as a coach. I don't get excited for any of his fights. I don't like him, never did. I really start to dislike you too for persisting on some racial bullshit for people not sharing your mancrush for Bisping.

It's really not an American thing to hate douchebags as much as it's a Brittish thing to like them. Don't really like Bisping. I'm not an American. I didn't like him during the Ultimate fighter as a fighter. I didn't like him as a coach. I don't get excited for any of his fights. I don't like him, never did. I really start to not like you too for persisting on some racial bullshit for people not agreeing with your mancrush for Bisping.

Oh pipe down moaning about "racial bullshit", I said nothing remotely racist. Its an American thing to chant "USA USA USA" to taunt fighters from other countries so it stands to reason American fight fans dont like it when American fighters are beaten by people from other countries, its nothing racial, its just an analysis (based on stuff that actually happens) of sports fans. I have no mancrush for Bisping, I dont particularly 'like' him, I just dont dislike him either. He's just another fighter. I just pointed out (again, based on what actually happened) why a lot of the hate and comparrisons to Koscheck and Sonnen is very unfounded and offered possible alternatives. Seriously, whiners that play the race card at every given opportunity are the worst.

• Downvote 1

the HORRIBLE decision win that he got over hammill (and his response to it) didn't help things

Thats a fair point to be honest, getting a bad decision is one thing but bragging about it is pretty lame. Everyone could see he lost that fight.

Out of interest, did the hate for Bisping in America stem from the Jorge Rivera thing or were you guys just bitter at how he and team UK gave team US a lesson on TUF Season 9!? :P Despite being from the UK I'm a huge Henderson fan and was glad he won that fight, but it seemed that Bisping was pretty popular in the US before that season of TUF and he didn't really do all that much on the show to justify the amount of hate that seemed to follow, besides win ofcourse. I lost a lot of respect for him for the knee on Rivera though, that was total bullshit. That said, he should beat Miller easilly. I like him and all, but for the life of me I dont see what qualifies Mayhem to come straight into a big fight in the UFC other being a TV personality with bully beatdown. His only real name win was a decrepit Sakuraba over a year ago!

You do realize that season of TUF was set up so UK would win, right? Everyoen season has multiple decorated wrestlers. Always a bunch of college wrestlers and at times All American wrestlers like Koscheck. Team USA had no wrestlers on it. The UFC simply made sure the UK fighters were better than the US fighters they put on the show. So what we got was "Team UK" vs "Team watered down Jeremy Horns".

As for Bisping. I was a fan of his when he was TUF as a fighter. I didnt think he was cocky at the time and felt there was reasons why he did some of the things he did. Like when he had beef with Hamill. For me it was after the show. From everything he says to his mannerisms. He comes off as a prick who let his mediocre success go to his head. Everything he does makes me dislike him more and more. I watched the replay of his fight with Wandy the other day. Bisping loses the close decision and he jerks away from the ref and walks off pissing and moaning. You can see he carries himself much different than before. When he was a nobody he didnt do it. Yet now he is an average fighter at best and he thinks his shit dont stink. I dont think it is an act either. He is just that weak minded that he convinces himself he is better than everyone around him. I knew a few of those types and he is the same way. To bad Ross Pearson didnt win TUF. I liked both at the time and i bet Ross wouldnt have been as ass clown.

To bad Ross Pearson didnt win TUF. I liked both at the time and i bet Ross wouldnt have been as ass clown.

Ross *did* win TUF and so far has done himself proud in my opinion! As for the "set up" thing, I didn't think it was a good season at all as far as talent went on either team. All of the Welterweights were poor, and of there were 2 OK Lightweights (Winner and Dent) and 1 good Lightweight (Pearson).

Fair enough, I guess some guys just rub people up the wrong way rather than there being anything deeper in it.

Oh pipe down moaning about "racial bullshit", I said nothing remotely racist. Its an American thing to chant "USA USA USA" to taunt fighters from other countries so it stands to reason American fight fans dont like it when American fighters are beaten by people from other countries, its nothing racial, its just an analysis (based on stuff that actually happens) of sports fans. I have no mancrush for Bisping, I dont particularly 'like' him, I just dont dislike him either. He's just another fighter. I just pointed out (again, based on what actually happened) why a lot of the hate and comparrisons to Koscheck and Sonnen is very unfounded and offered possible alternatives. Seriously, whiners that play the race card at every given opportunity are the worst.

You're making an awful lot of generalizations, and doing -exactly- what you are accusing an entire country of doing.

As an American, sure, i'm not Bisping's biggest fan, but it's because he's a douche, not due to him being from the UK.

Really. Didn't mind him until the blatant cheating in the Jorge fight and poor sportsmanship, and have nothing bad to say about his skills.

I fucking love Paul Sass. Among others. Douches come in all shapes and sizes. While i'm sure some people go "fuck that guy, he's not American!", that's largely an invention of your media.

Hell, I even dig Daley, and he slugged someone after the bell. Probably helps that it was Koscheck.

You're making an awful lot of generalizations, and doing -exactly- what you are accusing an entire country of doing.

As an American, sure, i'm not Bisping's biggest fan, but it's because he's a douche, not due to him being from the UK.

Really.

I fucking love Paul Sass.

I wasn't generalising man, nor did I accuse an entire country of anything, I was talking purely about sports fans, not every single person in America or anywhere else and just pointing out stuff that *actually happens* and suggesting something based on observations. Fair enough if I'm wrong on it, was just a suggestion. More towards the idea that having a UK vs US TUF show created a rivalry between the two countries fighters for some fans...like I said, fair enough if I'm wrong on it, I guess I am. But I'm not gonna listen to that other guy insinuate I'm being in some way racist for pointing that out!

Really.

I fucking love Paul Sass. Among others. Douches come in all shapes and sizes. While i'm sure some people go "fuck that guy, he's not American!", that's largely an invention of your media.

Hell, I even dig Daley, and he slugged someone after the bell. Probably helps that it was Koscheck.

Agree. There is a reason Bisping is hated by so many and even as cocky Anderson Silva is he is liked by many. Bisping stands out from everyone other foreign fighter because he is a douche. Not just because he isnt from the US. Also all countries root for their own fighters or athletes. It just seems some has penis envy when its Americans doing it. You didnt see the UFC stack the Rio card with Americans and set it up so they all win. It was full of Brazillians and set up so they win. Thats what they wanted to see. That is who they cheer for. That is also why Minowa and Saku are so popular in Japan. Everyone roots for their own. I have no problem with people chanting USA because its how they get invested in the fight and enjoy themselves. I dont do it personally because i follow the sport and have other reasons to be interest in each fight. But it isnt a reason to get butt hurt either. It is basically how Americans enjoy a sporting event. Just as Europeans sing their pub songs at soccer games.