Bravado Productions - Official Smack Talk Thread

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1467317452Bravado%20Productions3_zpskgscoart.png

Welcome! What you're seeing here is the official smack talk thread, promotional page, and all around home of debauchery for the Las Vegas based fight promotion known as Bravado Productions.

Within this page, you will be able to continually watch as I devolve into a series of obsessive tirades, which will culminate in: event previews, reviews, and interviews. If you've never seen Jim Carrey's drama "The Number 23", don't bother... watching as I promote my fight cards will serve as a suitable synopsis and spoiler for the entirety of that movie. Before I continue, let's take the description of that movie and change a couple of key words to see if the description remains adequate for our needs.

"A man's (Jim Carrey Hoarse Whisperer) discovery of an obscure book smack talk thread about the number 23 Bravado Productions leads him on a descent into darkness. As he becomes more obsessed with its contents, he becomes more convinced that it is, in fact, based on his life. To his horror, he discovers grave consequences in store for the book's main character smack talk thread's event writer."

In all seriousness, I will be seeking out and encouraging those that are willing to promote their fights on this thread. There will be awards, rewards, and other positive incentives that sort of rhyme with "swords", for those that are active on the smack talk thread.

In my next post, I will be posting the "Bravado Productions Promise", located on the organization's main page.

To visit Bravado Productions, visit here: http://mmatycoon.com/orgpublic.php?oid=4981

• Upvote 4

So, before I post the Bravado Productions Promise, I want to give a special shout out to Ryan Epicity, who gave me infinite patience as I wrote for his company: Epicity Productions. His patience and advice allowed me to become the event writer that I am today. The "Productions" in my company name is a direct homage to his fight organization, which has since merged into the corporate giant known as Trinity, who I have been given the opportunity to write for as well. So, I guess this is all a big thank you to Trinity, Grant, Ryan, and Vendetta in general.

Okay, enough with that sappy nonsense, let's get on with that Promise that I keep mentioning.

The Bravado Productions Promise

There are a few key pieces of information that I would like to provide to any fighters that could potentially fight for Bravado Productions, or for anybody that is already under contract with us:

1 - The way that we manage contracts within Bravado Productions is this: the length of your contract will always be one fight longer than your actual contractual obligations insinuate. What I mean by this, is that if you are being offered a FIVE fight contract, it is, in actuality, a FOUR fight contract.

When you only have one fight remaining on your contract, it is the obligation of the Bravado Productions staff to promptly offer you a new contract that is reflective of your tenure with the company. When you are approached by a staff member with a new contract, your options are as follows:
-You can accept the new contract, and continue with building your legacy.

-You can decline the new contract, and negotiate more adequate terms. We are very open to negotiation.

-You can decline the new contract, and politely request immediate release. If you are on your final fight on your contract, you will be released as soon as possible.

-You can decline the new contract, and request the opportunity to fight out the remaining fight on your contract. This could be a strong negotiation tactic, to put your fighter on a winning streak to raise his market value... although, truthfully, your value to the company goes beyond your winning streak, so this should not be necessary.

2 – When you are offered a fight, you are not obligated to accept. My only request is that you provide me with adequate explanation for why you are refusing to accept a fight. Mutual communication is vital for cooperation- I will do my best to suit your needs. There are only three circumstances where I might offer you a supremely difficult fight:
-If you are a top contender facing another top contender, in order to determine who will challenge for the title next.

-If you are the top contender, and you are facing the champion.

-If you are the champion. No champion will ever refuse a fight because it is too hard.

Just be honest with me from the get-go: If you do not wish to be a title contender, I will do my best to go easy on you- but be warned, I will not run a cannery. If you only want easy fights, this is not the right fight organization for you.

3 – I have been affiliated with this game for around eight years. This is my second account- I allowed my original to be deleted because, frankly, I didn't think I was coming back to this game. I thought I had moved on with my life, but the old adage holds true: once an addict, always an addict.

In eight years, I have never held a fighter hostage while working for a fight organization- and I wouldn't be affiliated with an organization that endorses this behavior. If you don't want to fight for Bravado Productions, I will not force you to do so.

4 – Be courteous and I will respond in kind. Remember that in all things, I'm only human, and I make mistakes just like you do. Correct me when I'm wrong, but be polite about it, and I will do whatever I can for all of you.

And finally:

5 – Bravado Productions does not condone the use of multiple accounts to obtain an advantage over those that play by the rules. If a manager is found to be actively using multiple accounts, it should be reported to the Bravado Productions management team immediately for review.

• Upvote 4

Jay Lawrence on Vegas underground fighting:

Reporter: Hello Jay, the rumor is your fighter Jack Johnson signed with Bravado today.

Jay: Yes, Jack "Fat Boy" Johnson has signed with Bravado Productions today. Jack is young and full of enthusiasm for the sport. You will never find a more dedicated person and I think his time in Bravado will be good not only for him, but the organization as well.

Reporter: I heard Jack has already been called out for Bravado 1.

Jay: Yes he has, and Jack made his response in the pre-show. Check in with Bravado to see.

Reporter: What are the future plans for Jack?

Jay: Well, Jack has proven himself in the amateur leagues going 4-0 against others. He's not the standard type of fighter and uses both his fists and his legs to knock out his opponents. I'm excited to see what he can do in this league. Jack is exciting to watch and he's not the typical MMA fighter, so it should be interesting to see what happens.

Reporter: I think we are all curious to see what happens.

Jay: That we are bud.

Reporter: You heard it here first folks! Jack Johnson, one of the most exciting upcoming fighters is now in Bravado and looks for his first fight in just a few days!

Yo Fat Boy Johnson are u ready brother cuz the countdown is on oh yeah brother for ur inevitable diet of defeat brother it's only 1 week away from ur doomsday Howard Johnson ohhhhh brother I cannot wait for the day fat ash burns some well needed carbs and calories brother and that day is 7/17 ur biggest fear will finally be here brother Tarton will get hard on ur mom right after he's done feeding ur fat candy ass oh yeah brother might as well star calling him papa just like ur mom was last night when he was getting hard on the scraggly old geeser but whatever floats his boat and sinks ur fat shit ship lmao oh yeah brother

As u can see Tarton is busy atm I'm sure he's either training or with Mrs. Chunky mama Johnson heard she's quite the head of household from a lot different dudes from Giants to Midgets and the Ancient to the under(cover) age(nts) all across ur mothers big black book it's a big one that sick perverted obese pediatrician trying touch my sons junk and what not i know he looks like his dad but sorry I'm married and jrs 7 plus my boy Tarton is ur boss and he don't want u doing anything except losing weight so ur son gets used to ur fam losing since a lot more of it will be happening very soon ohhhhhh yeaaaaahhhhh brotherrrrrrrrrrrrr I mean nephew Tarton is my half-brother brother

I just touched base with my brother Mr. Hardonurmom and he said quote "I feel like the best way isn't how much u way and it's not the Warriors way sorry Bruce and no it's not left or right nor is it up or down the best way is always gonna be my way and that's straight to the top right thru chubby bunny mama Johnson and then next thru her son chunky buns Johnson I was told that he needs someone to kick his fat expletive into shape expletive, u never know if ur moms next brother and when it comes on brothers it's comin hard just ask his mom"

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/12/12w3.jpg

Do I really have to beat up the developmentally disabled?

http://cdn2.omidoo.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/full_width/images/bydate/201407/mikeshow.jpg
Jack, it doesn't matter who steps in that cage with you. You forget whatever mental handicaps or issues going on with them and just go for the KO.

Yes coach.

• Downvote 1

BraVado

Productions

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1467317452Bravado%20Productions3_zpskgscoart.png

Bravado 1: Raise the Curtain is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by Bravado Productions, in conjunction with Hoarseplay Writing Productions and the Vendetta Fighting Alliance. This event will take place on July 17, 2016 at the Underground Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

[Official Fight Card]

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1467902322Bravado1.gif

Middleweight Adam Holt versus Marcus Brown

Middleweight Reuben Kincaid versus BJ Penn

Super-heavyweight Hollyfield Gomes versus Droppa Cleveland

Heavyweight Mickey Darmody versus Brock The Beast

Welterweight Mladen Tomasevic versus Jon Snitch

Super-heavyweight Tarton McFukur versus Jack Johnson

Heavyweight Jeff Benjamin versus Pillow Hands

Welterweight Flatbush Diaz versus Jazz Wade

Light-heavyweight Dewo Banget versus Tray Brown

Middleweight Brody Macbeth versus Luiz Gustavo

[The Prelims]

http://i.imgur.com/GGs1lwp.jpg

(Middleweight Division) Brody Macbeth (0-1) versus Luiz Gustavo (2-0)

Brody Macbeth is a former street brawler that initially began training in mixed martial arts to gain an unfair advantage in his exploits. However, as he continued his training, he began to become more disciplined, and soon began refusing to fight on the streets, deeming opponents to be too far beneath him for such things.

Brody has fought once in mixed martial arts, serving as a last minute replacement at CFN 1, where he fought Evan Berget on short notice. The fight went as you might expect, with the slugger from Las Vegas falling victim to a first round submission.

Evan Berget is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt that has vowed to dedicate his life to perfecting his craft. Evan made his MMA debut on the regional scene, taking on Michael Lisner, who also holds a purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu. The fight would be relatively one sided, with Lisner taking Gustavo down at will, and dominating him on the ground. In the end, however, it was Gustavo that locked in the show stopping armbar.

Evan Berget made an appearance in the GAMMA Butt-Stompers promotion, fighting at Stomp-a-thon 60. His opponent was Thai boxer Kulap Kamon- a former champion in Muay Thai competitions. Despite his success in other sports, Kamon had failed to secure a victory in MMA, with a record of 0-2. Gustavo forced the clinch early, pressing Kamon against the cage; Kulap Kamon surprised us all when he scored the first takedown of the fight, landing in guard on top. However, Gustavo threw up his legs, locking in a triangle choke, and Kamon had little recourse but to submit.

http://i.imgur.com/Yj9iWWO.jpg

(Light-heavyweight Division) Dewo Banget (4-4) versus Tray Brown (0-0)

Dewo Banget is a very experienced mixed martial artist, with eight professional fights to his credit. As a longtime practitioner of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, he holds a brown belt in the sport. Despite being an accomplished submission fighter in BJJ tournaments, Banget has only secured one submission in mixed martial arts competition.

Dewo was a regular in the regional QFC shows, where he holds a record of 2-2. Despite the fact that he was coming off of a second round defeat at the hands of Jackson Brown, Dewo was signed to the GAMMA Buttstompers organization. Pounding out Darius Masters in his debut, Dewo Banget quickly made a name for himself with his absolute dominance on the mat. Dewo followed this fantastic performance with a first round Anaconda choke over Alen Zalac.

Unfortunately, a period of hard times was to follow for Banget; after submitting to the strikes of the powerhouse striker Karl James, Dewo Banget found himself once again surfing the free agent's market. Dewo took a fight in the regional QFC arena, hoping to get back in the winner's circle to increase his value, but was quickly stopped by Rick Cricket in the opening round.

Tray Brown is a newcomer to the sport of mixed martial arts. Although he has no known fight experience, our talent scout witnessed some impressive feats coming from the gym of Tray Brown. If his striking is as impressive in the ring as it was in the gym, then “The Beast” will certainly be one of the hottest prospects in the Bravado Productions light-heavyweight division.

[undercard]

http://i.imgur.com/X0HJm1B.jpg

(Welterweight Division) Flatbush Diaz (0-0) versus Jazz Wade (0-1)

Flatbush Diaz is making his mixed martial arts debut at this event. He is reportedly a decent boxer, but loves to execute takedowns to bring his strong Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu base into play.

Jazz Wade is one of the younger fighters to grace the Bravado Productions cage at eighteen years old. Jazz Wade is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt, but has very little else to offer in terms of overall offensive capability. In his MMA debut, Jazz suffered a first round defeat at the hands of Sage Northstar, when he was battered from inside the clinch.

http://i.imgur.com/xmptpVR.jpg

(Heavyweight Division) Jeff Benjamin (0-1) versus Pillow Hands (2-0)

Jeff Benjamin is an extremely high level boxer from the Philippines. After just a month of wrestling training, he made his MMA debut. Joining an open weight QFC tournament, he was defeated via first round kneebar by the venerable Jiu-Jitsu brown belt Travis Zero.

Pillow Hands is, despite what his name insinuates, an extremely heavy handed pugilist that loves to brawl. As a regular in the regional Las Vegas QFC shows, Pillow has developed a sort of underground following among the “just bleed” portion of the fan base.

In his MMA debut, Pillow Hands knocked Anicent Konate unconscious in the opening round. In his most recent appearance, not long before being signed to Bravado, Pillow put a ferocious beating on a freestyle fighter by the name of Roman Reigns. Pillow wasted no time in taking the fight to Roman, battering him against the cage. Roman went down and submitted to avoid taking further punishment.

http://i.imgur.com/vwxHDJh.jpg

(Super-heavyweight Division) Tarton McFukur (2-1) versus Jack Johnson (4-0)

Tarton McFukur is among the most outspoken fighters to sign with Bravado Productions thus far; he has generated a ton of hype for his upcoming fight with Jack Johnson, as the two have traded barbs in the media and on the smack talk thread.

Tarton made the transition to professional MMA by up for an open weight QFC tournament; in his debut, he faced Jacob Frost, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt who would fight just this one time. Tarton controlled him with superior wrestling in the opening round, and knocked him clean out just seconds into the second round.

In the second round of the tournament, Tarton faced Johnny Blaze, a hard nosed brawler that had scored a nine second stoppage in his debut performance. Although Blaze would land some heavy shots initially, McFukur would quickly impose his will; after taking Blaze to the floor, McFukur chipped away with ground and pound while searching for a submission. Blaze rolled face down to avoid taking further punishment, and McFukur locked in both hooks before applying the fight ending rear naked choke.

Tarton McFukur faced off against submission ace Travis Zero in the third round of the tournament. Despite possibly having the power to put Zero away on the feet, McFukur believed that he also had the grappling chops to survive on the ground with the man- he had survived on the ground against one brown belt, so he believed that this would be no different. Unfortunately, Tarton was mistaken; he came out aggressive, scored a takedown seconds into the fight, and was working for a submission at a furious pace. As Tarton left himself vulnerable, Travis caught him during a transition, locking in a guillotine choke to force the tap.

Having spoken with Tarton during contract negotiations, I know that the defeat has eaten away at him- he will be looking to make a statement against Johnson.

Jack Johnson is an American kick boxer from Portland, Oregon. Known as “Fat Boy”, Jack Johnson is one of the largest men to grace the sport of mixed martial arts at 7'3, 300 lbs.

Jack has fought in both boxing and kick boxing since he was sixteen years old, and has never been stopped or knocked down in any of his performances. Although not undefeated in the pugilistic arts, he remains a fan favorite due to his tenacity and brutal power.

He made the transition to mixed martial arts with the belief that his power would translate well, and that he would make up for his lack of wrestling experience via raw talent. He made his MMA debut against Joesph Humphrey, who was a strong blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu. Although he was expected to lose this fight, Jack hammered Humphrey with heavy strikes, causing the grappler to wilt seconds into the fight. Jack finished the fight with a brutal left hook, putting Humphrey out cold.

Jack returned to the QFC arena three more times, as his addiction to this new sport began to flourish. He once again found himself facing off against a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner in Moses Sparks- and once again stopped his opponent in the blink of an eye. In his next two performances, Jack scored back-to-back first round knockouts, with neither fight getting past the twenty second mark.

Up Next: Bravado Productions 1 - Official Main Card Preview.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 4

[Main Card]

http://i.imgur.com/305zNGA.jpg

(Welterweight Division) Mladen Tomasevic (2-2) versus Jon Snitch (4-0)

Mladen Tomasevic is a world class Muay Thai stylist that trains out of the prestigious Den of Tears facility. Mladen has fought exclusively for the GAMMA Butt-Stompers promotion throughout his mixed martial arts career, his results split down the middle.

Mladen made his debut at Stomp-a-thon 49, where he took on Robert the Sponge, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu black belt with an underrated striking pedigree as well. Despite his overwhelming advantage on the feet, Mladen offered little in the way of resistance when taken to the ground by the grappling virtuoso. To his credit, Mladen survived until the near end of the opening round before falling victim to an arm triangle choke with three seconds left on the clock.

Mladen came back into the winner's circle when he next faced Chico Greyjoy, a Jiu-Jitsu brown belt with eight professional fights to his credit. Mladen survived multiple incursions on the ground against Greyjoy, and finished him late in the final round with a brutal series of strikes.

Unfortunately, Tomasevic would next face a world class mixed martial artist in Winslow Berhardt, who was known for being very dangerous on the ground and on the feet due to his strong wrestling base. The fight would go the distance, with Berhardt winning the eventual judge's decision.

In his most recent appearance, Mladen Tomasevic knocked out former boxer John Lennon, squashing the man like a bug in the opening round.

Jon Snitch is a former Olympic wrestler, who completed the Olympic trials, and fell just short of finding Olympic gold. Born and raised in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Jon has long considered wrestling to be the focal point of his entire existence.

Following the rampant successes of other wrestlers in the sport of mixed martial arts, Jon Snitch was offered the opportunity to compete in the sport as well. After signing an exclusive contract with the GAMMA Butt Stompers league, Jon made his MMA debut at Stomp-a-thon 49, defeating Leandro Palazzolo via unanimous decision. In the fight, Snitch dominated Palazzolo both on the feet and on the ground, completely shutting off the defense of his young opponent from bell-to-bell. Due to his extreme dominance, Snitch was awarded 10-8 scorecards in both the first and second rounds of his debut.

After taking some time away to progress in his training, Snitch returned at Stomp-a-thon 55, taking on former boxer Alistair Sangster on short notice. After scoring an early takedown, Snitch battered the striker on the feet, out boxing him while threatening with clinch attempts and takedown attempts to keep his opponent guessing. Midway through the opening round, Snitch landed a flush right hook that put Sangster out cold on the canvas.

Snitch returned at Stomp-a-thon 58, besting Holly Shiet with a unanimous decision. As with his debut, the fight was as one-sided as they come, with Snitch dominating on the feet and on the ground, giving his opponent little room to breathe.

In his most recent appearance, Snitch rematched Alistair Sangster at Stomp-a-thon 64. The fight team representing Sangster boasted that he had made the improvements necessary to not only defeat Snitch, but to knock him unconscious in this auspicious rematch; in actuality, the opposite was more than true. Snitch played keep away in the early goings, with Sangster chasing him down throwing constant strikes, hitting mostly air. Snitch caught Sangster coming in, landing a hard left hook while back pedaling, and Sangster went down face first. Although not completely out of the fight, Sangster was unable to offer any resistance as Snitch hammered him with ground and pound from above, forcing the referee to stop the fight.

http://i.imgur.com/zDXzLFe.jpg

(Heavyweight Division) Mickey Darmody (4-1) versus Brock The Beast (5-9)

Mickey Darmody is an extremely popular street brawler from New York. Known primarily for his heavy hands, Mickey has never been knocked out during professional or amateur combat.

Mickey started competing in MMA while he lived in Australia; he initially signed with the one-and-done promotion known as Sydney Elite Championship, where he stopped Thor Zeuz in the opening round. Following the closure of his debuting promotion, Mickey began fighting in regional shows to earn a living.

In his second pro fight, Mickey faced Jiu-Jitsu blue belt David Batista. After working his boxing in the opening seconds of the fight, Mickey was taken down by the submission grappler, pounded on a bit, and eventually submitted in just under one minute. This loss was the first time in Mickey's career where he had been officially stopped by a foe- the reality outraged him, fueling a fire that burned all competitors that would follow.

Mickey Darmody next faced Derek Diggler, a powerful freestyle wrestler from Osaka, Japan. Although Diggler would score an early takedown, which would traditionally spell the beginning of the end for a slugger, Darmody escaped back to his feet and created some distance, landing a brutal one-two combination as Diggler chased after him. With Diggler on rubbery legs, Darmody pushed the pace, catching the man with a big right hand that put him down once more- this time, Mickey Darmody worked ground and pound with his knee digging into the belly of his opponent. The crowd cheered as the referee stopped the fight.

In his most recent appearances, Mickey Darmody scored lightning quick finishes over Wontiam Stillspear and Dario Verovic before moving back stateside to compete for Bravado Productions.

Brock The Beast is a former amateur wrestler that, after a stint in professional wrestling (no, he's not that Brock, relax), has made the transition into mixed martial arts combat.

Brock has fought exclusively in regional shows; although he hasn't always come out on top, he is an exceptionally popular fighter due to his aggressive style of combat. In his first three appearances, he was given tough opponents in George Havvik, Julius Grim, and Bjorn Ironside- all of which are seriously tough competitors.

Brock seemed to finally put it all together, dominating and submitting his next four opponents- two of which were managed by Bravado Productions co-operator Michio Kaku. Although Brock would only win one of his next seven fights, he remained one of the most popular unsigned prospects within the state of Nevada.

http://i.imgur.com/6idjK1C.jpg

(Super-heavyweight Division) Hollyfield Gomes (1-1) versus Droppa Cleveland (8-4)

Hollyfield Gomes is a world class practitioner of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, Hollyfield is a relative newcomer to the sport of mixed martial arts, with only two professional fights to his credit.

In his short MMA career, Hollyfield has fought exclusively within the confines of the QFC 646 openweight tournament, submitting a Conor Mcgregor doppelganger in the opening round, before losing a judge's decision to eventual tournament winner Calvin Jones.

Droppa Cleveland is a legend in the world of kick boxing, where he has fought over a dozen times without seemingly having ever been phased by a punch or a kick by an opponent. Since making the transition to mixed martial arts, Droppa has remarked on the many new skills that he has been exposed to while training for this new form of combat.

Droppa started his MMA career during Season 3 of The Island, where he went undefeated across three fights, winning each one within the opening round.

During his post-season career, Droppa Cleveland signed with the Hardcore Fighting Championship, a St Petersberg based promotion. While there, he scored big wins over Ivan Ogard and Thor Lee, although he also suffered quite a few unfortunate losses as well. Time and again, his biggest weakness has been his relative lack of a ground game- something that he has worked diligently to improve as his career has progressed.

Most recently, Droppa returned to the regional level shows, going on an absolute tear, bringing his active winning streak to four first round finishes. Droppa Cleveland has more than reminded fans as to why he is, without question, one of the most popular crossover stars to grace the MMA cage.

[Co-Main Event]

http://i.imgur.com/6idjK1C.jpg

(Middleweight Division) Reuben Kincaid (5-0) versus BJ Penn (5-0)

Reuben Kincaid, also known as “Agent Orange”, is a world class Muay Thai stylist and undefeated mixed martial arts fighter. Competing out of the 5 Star Spar Bazaar, in Montreal, Reuben is a native of California.

Although he was considered good enough to be a potential future world champion in kick boxing, Reuben's true passion became the growing sport of mixed martial arts. After spending several months training in submission grappling, Reuben actually started his combat career in the TWGC grappling tournament, where he was submitted by Jiu-Jitsu brown belt and eventual TWGC champion Hudson Oliveira.

Reuben next decided to finally make his MMA debut; he first competed on the regional circuit, knocking out a veteran of over sixteen professional fights in Liam Christopher. After getting caught up in the atmosphere of mixed martial arts combat, Reuben Kincaid decided to make a career out of this, but realized that he would need to find a real gym- this is what brought him to Montreal.

Reuben Kincaid linked up with the Canadian based Vale Tudo Fight Club, making his debut in their premiere event, knocking out Zack Ferrera in the very first round. Next, Kincaid faced off against 3-0 ground and pound stylist Joe Jobber, who, despite his name, was considered a formidable threat. Kincaid made short work of the grappler, catching him with a head kick as the man was shooting in for a takedown.

Next, Reuben Kincaid faced the toughest opponent of his career when he was paired up with the heavy handed amateur boxer Boe Szyslak. Despite his pugilistic background, Szyslak repeatedly engaged in clinch warfare with Kincaid, which resulted in Kincaid battering the Canadian slugger with brutal knees and elbows against the cage. After a brief separation, Kincaid put his improved boxing skills on display as he caught Szyslak with a right cross, an uppercut that staggered his opponent, and a series of hooking punches against the cage, forcing the stoppage.

For his final fight with VTFC, Reuben Kincaid was paired up with 4-1 Jiu-Jitsu brown belt Thomas Evans. Fans and pundits alike found agreement in the belief that Evans would end the winning streak of Kincaid. At the pre-fight press conference, the media showed their clear bias towards Thomas Evans, making it clear that they, too had bought into the story line that had been established. The only complication was that nobody informed Kincaid that he was expected to lose; Reuben Kincaid came out like a man possessed, hammering Evans with crisp punches and kicks against the cage before knocking him out with his patented left high kick.

Despite his name, BJ Penn is a Muay Thai stylist that hails from London, England originally. This undefeated striker has fought exclusively in regional parking lot shows, earning him the moniker among fans as the king of the parking lot- a nickname that he will be looking to change with his first fight in the big show.

BJ Penn was already notorious to the hardcore fan base due to his extremely technical Muay Thai striking. With nearly a dozen amateur kick boxing matches to his credit, Penn opted to make the transition to mixed martial arts, declaring that he would show the fans what real striking looks like.

In his professional debut, Penn faced Homer Peterson, a bottom of the barrel Jiu-Jitsu fighter from Croatia. Penn put his newfound Jiu-Jitsu skills on display, scoring an early takedown and controlling from the top position before getting back to his feet and clinching with Peterson. Against the cage, Penn hammered his foe with brutal shots to the body and head, buckling the man and forcing referee intervention in the opening round.

Next, BJ went the distance against Bryant Stephan, who was a former professional boxer that had retired, accepted a role as a TV personality, but wanted to try his hand in mixed martial arts. Although it was immediately clear that Stephan had no business being in the cage, he was applauded for his willingness to endure seemingly never ending punishment. The judge's scorecards were as one sided as they come, but the fighters showed a great deal of mutual respect at the end of the fifteen minute altercation.

BJ Penn made short work of Ronnie Scrollman, an over matched Jiu-Jitsu player, before facing off against folk style wrestler Yang Lei. Lei, known for his flashy takedowns, did indeed get the fight to the floor at the onset of the match, but was unable to control the powerful Penn, who battered Lei to close out the show in the opening round.

Having been featured in Black Belt magazine, BJ Penn has been widely regarded as one of the top unsigned prospects in the sport of mixed martial arts currently.

[Main Event]

http://i.imgur.com/JX03kq9.jpg

(Middleweight Division) Adam Holt (4-1-1) versus Marcus Browne (8-2)

Originally from Spydeberg, Norway, Adam Holt was raised in an athletic family. With a professional boxer for a father, a Judo practitioner and gymnast for a mother, and two track stars for siblings, one would expect Adam to display a modicum of natural athletic ability as well. However, for Adam, such things did not come naturally.

As a young child, Adam spent a lot of time as a cleaner in his father's boxing gym, although he did participate in frequent classes as he got older. For Adam, boxing classes were more of a sport than a career option, and he never humored the idea of going forward with the Sweet Science, as his father had done. Much later in his life, Adam would credit this early time in the gym as the foundation for his eventual abilities.

When the growing sport of mixed martial arts caught his eye, Adam quickly became enamored with the fast paced action and the unpredictability of it all. As a result of this new interest, Adam began taking wrestling classes at a local MMA academy in town, but he focused primarily on his boxing, which he began training more stringently. Although he wasn't quite ready to realize it yet, Adam Holt was on the road to becoming a true mixed martial artist.

As fate would have it, the gym that was offering wrestling classes had an opening on their professional fight team. They were willing to humor anybody that wanted to participate in the tryouts, although they requested that you at least have some martial arts experience. Adam mostly intended to only watch the action rather than actually try out. However, after several would be fighters made their bid to join the fight team, Adam realized that the average level of talent in his area was remarkably low. He commented this to his friend; his comments were overheard by one of the coaches that was standing nearby, and he was invited to put his money where his mouth is.

After initially refusing to participate, Adam finally relented and changed into some spare board shorts, donned a pair of borrowed gloves, and climbed into the cage for his turn in the smoker. His opponent was obviously a self-proclaimed tough guy- a brawler that spent more time swinging wildly in the barroom than connecting with punching mitts. Adam easily avoided everything the slugger threw at him, using the fundamentals that his father had impressed upon him. Adam scored a takedown, ducking under a Roy Nelson-esque overhand right, and pinned his foe against the cage, landing pitter patter ground and pound until the supervising coach pulled them apart. Adam was quickly brought into the official fight team of the LOD: Black Label gym.

It became quickly apparent in the gym that Adam's family had influenced him in all the right ways: he had his father's boxing, some of his mother's grappling technique, and the cardio to keep up with his brothers. The coaching staff at the LOD: Black Label elite fighting gym quickly set Adam up with a professional fight, knowing that they had a future world champion in the making.

Making his debut in a dimly lit parking lot regional show, Adam Holt was matched up against 0-4 Jiu-Jitsu blue belt Alec Norris. Holt, who had been training Jiu-Jitsu exclusively, injured his right hand- his power hand- while preparing for this fight, and thus spent the entirety of his professional debut fruitlessly attempting to wrestle with his opponent. Although he would score some takedowns during the fight, Adam Holt ultimately lost the bout via lopsided unanimous decision.

Adam Holt was linked up with the Australian based Sydney Fighting Club. In his promotional debut, Adam faced 1-0 Rocky Rendulic, a strong wrestler from Brisbane- Holt would struggle with the wrestling of Rendlic, but would ultimately rebound late in the fight. In the end, the match was declared a draw, and an immediate rematch was booked between the two men. In the rematch, Holt would comfortably win two of the three rounds by keeping his distance and landing crisp, straight punches- although he dominated in the clinch as well.

Next, Adam faced off against the very experienced Muay Thai striker Andrew Tran. A veteran of over twenty fights, Tran struggled to keep up with the early aggression of Holt, and would fall before the heavy handed slugger late in the second round. After scoring a lightning quick first round knockout over the well rounded Bryce Fellows, Adam Holt faced the toughest opponent of his professional career in Jackson Brash.

Brash was coming off of four dominant victories, including three brutal stoppages, and was considered a major favorite in his meeting with Holt. For his part, Adam Holt ignored the fanfare, ignored the expectations, and put on an absolute boxing clinic. Pumping the jab like it would cure cancer, Adam Holt never allowed Jackson Brash to settle into any sort of effective pace, keeping him off balance and swinging at air throughout the fight. As the abrasions began to pile up on the face of Jackson Brash, the ringside doctor declared that the nose of Brash was too badly broken, and that too much blood was leaving his body, and thus stopped the fight. Adam Holt had shocked the world with an upset victory in what would be his final appearance with the Sydney based promotion.

Born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, Marcus Browne was known in the rougher parts of Chicago for being the kind of kid that was looking to get into trouble. Always just one unfortunate choice of words away from throwing hands with whoever crossed his path, Marcus Browne had little in the way of ambitions for his future. After his tenth arrest stemming from street fighting, Marcus's parents enrolled him in a boxing class- mostly with the idea of letting him get beaten up by a trained and thus tougher kid, with the hopes that such an experience would set Marcus straight. The plan sort of worked: Marcus quickly fell in love with the sweet science, and started spending all of his free time down at the gym, practicing as frequently as they would let him climb into the ring.

After taking a series of amateur boxing bouts, Marcus accepted a last minute fight in a local mixed martial arts show- he had been in the audience drinking a beer when one of the fighters backed out. Marcus faced off against Aaron Mcguire, a Jiu-Jitsu blue belt that had been expecting to face a timid Collegiate wrestler. Instead, Mcguire faced a brash, trash talking, aggressive Marcus Browne. Marcus paid little respect to the seven fight veteran, cornering him against the cage and battering him with heavy punches. Just as the referee looked as though he was planning to call the match, Browne landed an uppercut that left Mcguire out cold stretched, not forty seconds into the opening round.

This is way easier than getting boxing fights!” Browne was quoted as saying, while he signed up for the next card that the local show was planning to put on.

Marcus faced Leonard Bradley and Heath Slater within three days of each other- each man was the veteran of half a dozen professional fights, yet neither man made it past the fifteen second mark. Next, Marcus put on a striking clinic against Zackary Glenn, a strong Jiu-Jitsu prospect.

In his fifth mixed martial arts fight, Marcus Browne faced former professional boxer and regional light-heavyweight champion Derek Mitchell, who was fighting for the second time in MMA. Although Browne was badly hurt in the early goings of the fight, he survived late into the round before succumbing to a series of right crosses that put Browne out cold.

Marcus Browne fought once more in the smaller shows, knocking out a notorious street brawler by the name of Michael Thompson. Despite his previous knockout defeat, Browne had earned the recognition of the Sovereignty promotion- after some negotiations, Browne was signed to an exclusive contract with the company.

In his SVR debut, Marcus squared off against the heavy handed Demetrious Maxuimus in a highly anticipated match. With the stakes higher than they had ever been for Marcus Browne, the heavy handed slugger from Chicago came out swinging for the fences, knocking Maxuimus out cold in just twelve seconds. Following it up with another lightning fast stoppage, this time over Frank Ender, Marcus took a big step up in competition when he faced off against Arnoldur Dimotroglu- a former Olympic wrestling hopeful and undefeated mixed martial artist.

The legendary clash took place at SVR 4. Dimotroglu scored an early takedown into the guard of Browne and started working him over with damaging ground and pound. Browne showed a new wrinkle in his game when he reversed the future middleweight champion, landing himself on top in guard. As Browne attempted to hold on and force a standup, the collegiate wrestler reversed back to the top position and started landing ground and pound again, hurting Browne and forcing a stoppage midway through the opening round.

The two warriors would go opposite directions in their career following this fight; Dimotroglu would go on to win the middleweight championship by stopping Drederik Tatum, and Browne would fight just once more for the promotion, knocking out James Dean.

[A closer look]

(Adam Holt)

Started Fighting At: 25

Record: 4-1-1

Knockouts: 3

Submissions: 0

Total Opponent Record: 18-48-2

Style: Boxing, Wrestling

(Marcus Browne)

Started Fighting At: 25

Record: 8-2

Knockouts: 8

Submissions: 0

Total Opponent Record: 20-36-1

Style: Boxing

Up Next: Bravado Productions 1 - Official Review (Coming July 17, 2016)

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

BraVado

Productions

Bravado 1: Raise the Curtain was a mixed martial arts event held by Bravado Productions, in conjunction with Hoarseplay Writing Productions and the Vendetta Fighting Alliance. This event will took place on July 18, 2016 at the Underground Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

[Official Fight Card]

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1467902322Bravado1.gif

[Event Review]

Middleweight Adam Holt versus Marcus Brown

Middleweight Reuben Kincaid versus BJ Penn

Super-heavyweight Hollyfield Gomes versus Droppa Cleveland

Heavyweight Mickey Darmody versus Brock The Beast

Welterweight Mladen Tomasevic versus Jon Snitch

Super-heavyweight Tarton McFukur versus Jack Johnson

Heavyweight Jeff Benjamin versus Pillow Hands

Welterweight Flatbush Diaz versus Jazz Wade

Light-heavyweight Dewo Banget versus Tray Brown

Middleweight Brody Macbeth versus Luiz Gustavo

[Prologue]

From the beginning, much anticipation circulated around the debut fight card to be held by Bravado Productions. When we started this promotion, there were already three established companies competing for contracts within Las Vegas. Bad Boy Promotions, Carnage FC, and Casino Fight Nights. We had a difficult choice to make: open our doors in arguably the most competitive city currently available to us, or take the easy road and go elsewhere.

With a name like Bravado, the decision is made for you: of COURSE we're going to jump into the fray and compete. I'll admit that, in the beginning, it was slow going. As we struggled to sign our first forty fighters, people had a tough choice to make: sign with an established company, which had five or more events booked already, or take a gamble by signing with the new guys on the block.

At the time, I couldn't promise that this experiment would lead to success; all that I could promise those that entrusted me with their career was that I would never force them into an uncomfortable situation. The Bravado Productions Promise was meant to assure fighters that I would personally take responsibility for their success as well as their failure, and that I would own up to my mistakes.

Our first event didn't go off without a hitch; rumors on the grapevine would have you believe that the sheer magnitude of the fights that we had put together thrust the entire MMATycooniverse spiraling into a dimension where no time passes. The entire world sat with bated breath, anticipating the dawn of Bravado... twenty four hours later, our event passed through to the other side and we, the fans, caught up in real time.

This event would have been Michio and me playing tennis in the middle of the arena were it not for the super stars that signed their fights in a timely manner and signed on to bleed for the fans. So, seriously, from the bottom of my blackened heart, I thank you for your commitment to cause. Some of you waited patiently as I struggled to find everybody a suitable opponent in those early days. Tonight, you've all done spectacularly.

“How well did we do?” you might ask.

We had an event rating of 103.62. By itself, that number is meaningless; let's put into perspective, shall we?

Comparing our first card to the first card of other Las Vegas based promotions, this is what we find:

Carnage FC, which is under the operation of a good man in Larry Mizzou, pulled in a rating of 27.56.

Casino Fight Nights pulled a debut rating of 55.11 which is a solid, respectable number.

Bad Boy Promotions brought a rating of 60.29 which is actually pretty impressive.

And, for fun, Synchronicity, which is a promotion that I have a lot of respect for, pulled in a rating of 57.15.

We couldn't have accomplished this feat without you, the fighter. Thank you guys SO much for this.

Anyways, let's get on with the fights, shall we? We have all been waiting for over twenty four hours for this thing, and here I am pouring my heart into the prologue like I'm Jon Jones, tearing up over a failed drug test.

[The Prelims]

(Middleweight Division) Brody Macbeth (0-1) versus Luiz Gustavo (2-0)

Round 1 – After the rampant confusion, as the entire event was forced to take place twenty-four hours late, the crowd in attendance was on its feet as the first fighters of the evening made their way to the cage. Brody Macbeth made his way to the arena to the heavy drumming Iron Maiden track “The Trooper”, while Luiz Gustavo walked out to the Hip Hop sounds of Smoke Serpent's “Jiu-Jitsu”.

Both Macbeth and Gustavo brought heavy intensity to the fighter announcements, although some critics questioned the resolve of Macbeth after his lightning fast submission loss in his pro debut. While this opening round may not have carried with it the high action that the fans were expecting, Macbeth put on a technical display.

By the time the ten second warning clapped across the arena, the fans were a tad bit restless due to the extremely defensive posturing of Macbeth, and the seeming inability of Gustavo to close the distance.

Round 2 – Both of the fighters refused to sit between rounds; Macbeth played to the crowd, waving his hands up, pandering for applause. As the second round progressed, events progressed in a similar order as the opening round: Macbeth circled, back pedaling quickly, and peppered Gustavo with straight punches from the outside. Gustavo did briefly obtain a clinch, but Macbeth circled away before anything could come of it.

Just as the fans began to grow restless once more, both Macbeth and Gustavo clashed in the center of the ring. Gustavo attempted to bull rush Macbeth, and was met with a barrage of punches for his trouble. Neither fighter really came close to finishing the other in this round, but the fans showed their appreciation just the same.

Round 3 – This round was absolutely dominated by Brody Macbeth. For every attempt at grappling from Gustavo, Macbeth would land five or six punches up the middle. As the minutes ticked by on the clock, it became horrifyingly apparent that neither man was able to really put the other in grave danger. As the final minute came and went, the fans cheered the technical fight on display before them.

Ladies and gentlemen, after three rounds we go to the judges scorecards for a decision. All three judges score the bout 30-24 for the winner by unanimous decision: Brody Macbeth!”

During his post-fight speech, Macbeth thanked the fans for coming out. Gustavo, gracious in defeat, admitted that he would have to elevate his game.

http://i.imgur.com/ZfXBi5R.jpg

(Light-heavyweight Division) Dewo Banget (4-4) versus Tray Brown (0-0)

Round 1 – Both men made their way to the arena, using the generic guitar riffs that the organization provides to fighters that do not have their own entrance music.

In the opening seconds of the round, Banget shot forward with a sloppy double leg takedown attempt; it was painfully obvious that he was concerned about the striking from Brown, who was reportedly a talented slugger. As if to prove this point, Brown caught Banget with a staggering three punch combination that had the crowd screaming for blood. With Dewo Banget against the fence, Brown clinched with the man and pulled guard on the Jiu-Jitsu brown belt. The ringside commentators noted that this was a poor game plan from the camp of Tray Brown.

After threatening three times with a leg lock, Banget slipped effortlessly into half guard on top. From there, Banget worked heavy ground and pound, forcing Brown to roll into a defensive position. As Brown's arms floundered to protect his vulnerable consciousness, Dewo Banget slapped on a tight armlock Kimura and forced the tap.

Ladies and gentlemen, after one minute, thirty seven seconds of the very first round, we have a winner by tap out due to a Kimura: Dewo Banget!”

Our victor by submission, Dewo Banget, spoke of his inability to be defeated in grappling, and the crowd absolutely ate it up.

http://i.imgur.com/xhRUsH2.jpg

[undercard]

(Welterweight Division) Flatbush Diaz (0-0) versus Jazz Wade (0-1)

Round 1 – This fight was advertised as being almost an exhibition match between two talented competitors; Diaz had never fought before, and Wade was coming off of a loss, but both had signed on to compete at this event all the same.

After the lightning quick finish between Banget and Brown, the fans were expecting a flashy submission from the Jiu-Jitsu brown belt Jazz Wade. Instead, they were treated to the heavy hands of Flatbush Diaz, who quickly took the center of the cage.

Jazz Wade, who was noticeably more muscular than in his last appearance, struggled to find an opening to wrestle; meanwhile, Flatbush Diaz was more than happy to punish his foe with heavy, heavy punches. Suddenly, Diaz rushed forward, landing a jab, cross, left hook, and cross combination! Jazz Wade shook his head, as if to say that it didn't hurt, but his nose was very obviously broken from the assault.

A badly hurt Jazz Wade started circling away, trying to avoid the onslaught from the brawler, Diaz; Flatbush Diaz barely missed with a series of lunging hooks, while literally chasing Wade across the cage. Wade backed up as far as he could go- with his back to the chain link fence, Wade attempted to cover up, in an enfeebled position, as Diaz hammered him with relentless punching combinations! Taking a page out of Chuck Liddell versus Tito Ortiz, Flatbush Diaz pressed forward. Just as Diaz seemed to be backing up to take a breather, he threw a spinning back fist that knocked Jazz Wade out cold! What a dramatic finish!

Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has called a stop to this fight at thirty-three seconds of the very first round, declaring the winner by KNOCK OUT: Flatbush Diaz!”

http://i.imgur.com/mjB61hW.jpg

(Heavyweight Division) Jeff Benjamin (0-1) versus Pillow Hands (2-0)

Round 1 – In what had become one of the most highly anticipated fights on the card, we were treated to the heavy punching power of the man with the ironic name as Pillow Hands faced off against the seemingly indestructible Jeff Benjamin.

Both men happily touched gloves to start things off, and Pillow Hands quickly established himself as the aggressor from the get-go. The camp of Jeff Benjamin had professed during the media tour that they knew they would have to weather a ferocious early storm, and they were absolutely correct. Pillow Hands connected with punches that had “bad intentions” written all over them; Benjamin responded by pumping the jab and attempting to circle away, but Hands was all over him like a lion on the hunt.

As the fighters paused to reset in the center of the ring, Jeff Benjamin darted forward out of the blue with a big right hand that snapped back the head of Pillow Hands. The crowd responded appropriately, and a freshly bloodied Pillow Hands resumed his assault with a new fire about him.

As the round progressed, the dynamic slowly shifted: Jeff Benjamin started fighting back, aggressively. He knew that he could take the power of this supposed front runner, and he happily waded into the thick of battle with a vengeance. With ten seconds remaining in the round, both men engaged in a wild exchange of punches. When the final buzzer sounded, the referee literally jumped between the two swinging brawlers and caught a left hook to the ear- luckily nobody was penalized for it.

Round 2 – Between rounds, Pillow Hands was taking some big, deep breaths while Jeff Benjamin sat on his stool with his mouth closed. The corner of Hands was a thing of chaos, with instructions being shouted to the fighter as the officials attempted to herd them out of the ring.

The dynamic of the fight had shifted dramatically since the opening round; Pillow Hands danced on the outside, pawing with jabs to the body, and Jeff Benjamin stalked with his hands down low, creeping forward with crisp counter punches.

Pillow Hands did little besides dance and try to get his wits back about him in this round; meanwhile, Benjamin pulled even further ahead on the scorecards.

Round 3 – As this round progressed, Pillow Hands attempted again and again to load up and counter with a big punch- early on, it appeared to be a body shot that he had in mind, although he threw a couple of hay makers that missed the mark completely. Meanwhile, Jeff Benjamin continued chugging along with beautiful, crisp boxing technique, without taking virtually any damage in these latter minutes.

By the end of the fight, this fight could have been remembered as existing in two pieces: the early storm of Pillow Hands, and the durability and crisp boxing of Jeff Benjamin.

Ladies and gentlemen after three rounds of action, we go to the judge's scorecards for a decision. All three judges score this bout 30-27 to declare the winner by unanimous decision: Jeff Benjamin!”

http://i.imgur.com/7c2xQlR.jpg

(Super-heavyweight Division) Tarton McFukur (2-1) versus Jack Johnson (4-0)

Round 1 – In one of the most highly anticipated fights on the entire card, Tarton McFukur Rick Rolled the audience with his entrance music. Never one to shy away from his media obligations, Tarton played himself up as the heel that he continually represents. Jack Johnson, meanwhile, simply walked to the ring like a man with a job to do. His music, Fat Boy by Max-a-Million, may not have exactly had the crowd jumping, but that's really what Johnson is all about. He knows that he's not the stereotypical pretty boy that the fans expect to see; he just wants to let his fighting do the talking for him.

The two fighters came out to the center of the ring, and you could cut the tension between them with a knife. As the referee gave his instructions, Tarton continued to lambast Johnson, pointing at his midsection and making obscene gestures during a tirade that only ended when the referee sent them back to their corners.

A slightly annoyed looking Jack Johnson stormed across the cage with a big punching combination! The jab connected, but Tarton McFukur ducked under and spun the big man to the ground! Tarton landed in side control and immediately rolled for an armbar! Johnson defended appropriately, pulling his arm free, but Tarton remained in control on top.

Tarton McFukur attempted to pass the enormous belly of Jack Johnson in his quest to mount, but the sheer size of the Oregon native actually helped him to nullify the attempt. As Tarton took a breather on top, Johnson showed some slick defensive skills as he slipped a leg through and retained half guard. As the two big men simply laid in position, breathing heavily, the fans began to show their disdain for such tactics, booing and screaming obscenities at the fighters.

Tarton would switch from stalling on top to throwing up a token submission attempt, simply trying to catch Jack by surprise with something. Tarton held on, but began isolating the left arm of Jack from the far side. Jack seemed oblivious to the peril that he was in, and simply held on, hoping the referee would become as impatient as the paying audience was. Finally, McFukur passed to the left side of Johnson and locked in a tight arm triangle! Jack fought the arms of Tarton rather than defending the submission appropriately, and soon began tapping to avoid being put to sleep.

Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has called a stop to this contest at four minutes and thirty-two seconds of the opening round, declaring the winner by submission due to an arm triangle choke: Tarton McFukur.”

Given his time on the microphone, Tarton McFukur talked about the strength of his unstoppable Jiu-Jitsu skills and the audience booed, which is understandable after the inactivity they had been put through in this fight.

Jack Johnson took to the mic, gracious in defeat, and said, “The fans believed in me. The fans knew I would win, but I made mistakes today and I was not the best fighter in the cage today. My training starts tonight and my next fight will be my revenge. I pity the next person to step in the cage with me.

http://i.imgur.com/EAkME5t.jpg

Up Next: Bravado 1 - Main Card Review

• Upvote 2

[Main Card]

(Welterweight Division) Mladen Tomasevic (2-2) versus Jon Snitch (4-0)

Round 1 – Both fighters started off our main card with a bang, slugging it out in the early seconds of the bout. The difference was in how they would throw, however; Mladen was throwing everything with the intention of making it a killing blow, while Jon Snitch was obviously trying to set up his powerful wrestling game. Jon shot in for a power double leg, but Mladen saw it coming from a mile away and stuffed the attempt. Not a lot happened in the latter minutes of the round; Mladen did push Jon against the cage, which had the drunk fans screaming for knees, but Mladen quickly disengaged after a few seconds of controlling the position. Neither man really landed anything with significance after that, despite throwing plenty of shots down the middle.

Round 2 – We saw a bit of fruitless head hunting from Jon Snitch in the early seconds of this round. As Snitch shot in with a left hook attempt, Mladen Tomasevic landed a nasty roundhouse kick to the body that had Snitch obviously double over in pain for a second. Both fighters stepped back and reset, but Jon Snitch took a deep breath, which is never a good sign.

Tomasevic started standing in the middle of the ring, doing his best Anderson Silva impression, keeping his hands down at his hips, trying to counter his advancing foe... but Snitch was having none of it, and would only throw a single shot before ducking out of range again. Nothing was really landing for the wrestler, as he tried to work his way inside to clinch.

Jon Snitch telegraphed a leg kick attempt, and Mladen Tomasevic caught him by the heel and drove him against the cage in a tight clinch. This time, Tomasevic started teeing off with punches to the face and body of Jon Snitch. Both men battled for position against the cage, pummeling under, but Mladen backed up and landed a big right hand to the face of Snitch! Snitch's legs buckled beneath him and Tomasevic started teeing off with right uppercuts against the cage!

Jon Snitch is in BIG TROUBLE,” our color commentator screamed out!

Indeed, Jon Snitch was covering up against the cage while Mladen Tomasevic unloaded with power shots! Tomasevic backed up and landed a monster head kick on his dazed opponent and Jon Snitch went down like he had been shot with a gun!

Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has called a stop to this fight at two minutes and thirteen seconds of the second round, declaring the winner by KNOCK OUT: Mladen Tomasevic!”

After the fact, a badly hurt Jon Snitch proclaimed that, “This loss will make me better, I will be back.

http://i.imgur.com/CdS0Y5J.jpg

(Heavyweight Division) Mickey Darmody (4-1) versus Brock The Beast (5-9)

Round 1 – Mickey Darmody made his way to the ring with the default arena music; he was all business at the pre-fight presser, and was certainly an island of calm in an otherwise chaotic sea of bodies approaching the ring. To contrast this, Brock The Beast walked to the ring with the Brock Lesnar WWE theme music, screaming periodically to psyche himself up.

In the ring, Darmody towered over The Beast, practically looking straight down at the man as the referee gave his pre-fight instructions.

Brock The Beast, obviously drawing inspiration from James Thompson, rushed across the cage with his rendition of the gong and dash opening, looking for a power double! Darmody defended well, but The Beast held him against the cage, working for a single leg instead! Mickey Darmody broke free and circled away, and Brock The Beast took a deep breath before chasing after him.

As Brock attempted to sprint forward with another bull rush, Darmody tagged him with a right hand that had the audience letting out a big “OOOOooooo!” Brock had a big cut under his right eye that started bleeding immediately. Brock seemed a bit stunned from the power of Darmody, who unloaded with another right cross! Darmody landed a jab as well before throwing a monster uppercut that dropped Brock to the floor!

A stunned Brock The Beast stared up at Mickey Darmody as if to say “why did you hurt me?” and Mickey simply stood with his hands on his hips before beckoning him up with one hand. Brock climbed to his feet but was on rubbery legs.

Brock shot in with a desperation double leg takedown attempt and Mickey caught him with an overhand right on the separation! Brock went out on his shield, completely unconscious!

Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has called a stop to this fight at thirty one seconds of the very first round declaring the winner by KNOCK OUT: Mickey Darmody!”

A bewildered looking Brock The Beast said, “I will win the next fight, i don't wanna go to WWE.” before exiting the cage as quickly as he could.

http://i.imgur.com/BNCepfk.jpg

(Super-heavyweight Division) Hollyfield Gomes (1-1) versus Droppa Cleveland (8-4)

Round 1 – Despite being a newcomer to the sport of mixed martial arts, especially in contrast to his opponent, Hollyfield Gomes seemed to be the more poised of the two fighters as they stood toe-to-toe in the center of the ring, listening to the referee give his speech.

At the start of the round, they met in the center once again, and Droppa threw a sloppy overhand right, looking to finish with one punch, and Hollyfield ducked under it and shot for a double leg takedown. Hollyfield landed in guard on top and immediately rolled for a kneebar! Droppa tried to twist on the ankle of Hollyfield, but he clearly had no idea what he was doing and soon screamed, slapping the floor in submission.

Ladies and gentlemen, after just twenty-four seconds of action, the referee has called a stop to this contest, declaring the winner by tap out due to a kneebar: Hollyfield Gomes.”

http://i.imgur.com/qT4L2dI.jpg

[Co-Main Event]

(Middleweight Division) Reuben Kincaid (5-0) versus BJ Penn (5-0)

Round 1 – Ruben Kincaid ran to the ring, accompanied by the fast paced Vietnam era song Orange Crush by R.E.M. BJ Penn walked calmly to the arena, with the default music blaring over the loudspeakers. Both fighters looked absolutely poised in the center of the ring, staring into each other's eyes as the referee spoke to them.

The referee said those magic words that the audience had been so anxious to hear, “FIGHT!” and the two warriors met in the center of the ring. Kincaid struck first, hitting Penn with a jackhammer of a right hand that brought some blood to the man's lips. Kincaid unloaded with a slapping leg kick before pushing Penn against the cage. Kincaid attempted to break free of the clinch, but BJ Penn reversed him and drove the larger man back against the wire mesh barrier.

BJ Penn started hammering Kincaid with heavy punches to the body, as well as big uppercuts against the cage. Kincaid mainly threw the occasional shot to the body as he attempted to hold onto the arms of Penn. One minute into the fight, Kincaid broke free of the clinch and threw a head kick- the crowd reacted, but Penn ducked under and clinched one more time.

Reuben Kincaid landed a big knee to the midsection of BJ Penn and broke free of the clinch. BJ took a deep breath and Reuben put pressure on BJ against the cage, keeping him at a distance with leg kick attempts. Kincaid attempted a head kick but slipped in the process. BJ Rushed forward, looking to clinch, but Reuben showed great agility in springing to his feet and throwing a roundhouse kick from hell, slapping BJ Penn to the side of his head and dropping him! BJ went down and Reuben hammered him with punches from above, forcing the referee to step in and stop the fight!

Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has called a stop to this fight at one minute and thirty-five seconds of the opening round, declaring the winner by TKO: Reuben Kincaid!”

In his post-fight interview, Reuben Kincaid thanked his loyal sponsor: Namunamu Clothing, for their support.

http://i.imgur.com/5jKNQTF.jpg

[before the Main Event began, a short advertisement played on the in-house big screens. The advertisement announced that Bravado Productions will be holding the first ever super-heavyweight championship tournament. Prospective combatants will be selected from among the available pool of fighters, and will battle it out with a completely original Hoarseplay Writing Productions content style.

The winner of the tournament will be declared the undisputed super-heavyweight champion of the world. Those that are fighting in lower weight classes are being offered the chance to move up to compete among the big boys for a shot at the gold, but only those that are serious about defending the title will be considered.]

What this means is that you smaller fighters will have the option to move up to super-heavyweight for a linear path to the championship. Those super-heavyweights that are willing to participate will be considered and entered into this tournament- based on the number of potential candidates available, we will determine how many participants there will actually be; there will likely be four, but you never know.

I'm working on a "script" that will help me to flesh out your fighter, and breathe some life into him. It doesn't do much to change the game, but it adds a slight sense of realism to the previews and reviews that involve your fighters.

Currently, this script will only be available to those participating in the tournament. However, based on the popularity or lack of interest, the project could expand to the entire Bravado roster.

Those interested in participating in this experiment should contact me privately, expressing your desire to join in.

[Main Event]

(Middleweight Division) Adam Holt (4-1-1) versus Marcus Browne (8-2)

This is the main event of the evening! Sanctioned by the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Our three judges cage side will be Daniel Franklin, George Francis, and Gwen Towbar. This bout is brought to you by the NoobFund. If you're a new fighter that lacks sponsors, contact the NoobFund for financial assistance- you could be given a scholarship of up to fifty THOUSAND dollars.

Introducing first:

Fighting out of the RED corner, this man is a Muay Thai fighter with a professional record of four wins, one loss, and one draw; standing six feet-two inches tall and weighing in at one hundred and eighty-five pounds; fighting out of Spydeberg, Norway: Adam “Tower” Holt!

Fighting out of the BLUE corner, this man is a boxer with a professional record of eight wins and two losses; standing five feet, ten inches tall, and weighing in at one hundred and eighty-five pounds; fighting out of Chicago, Illinois: Marcus Browne!”

Round 1 – The two middleweight warriors stood toe-to-toe in the center of the ring, and the air in the arena was electric. Despite their intensity in the build-up to the fight, they touched gloves and gave a respectful nod before backing away to start the match-up.

Once the referee gave the command to fight, Holt rushed forward, landing a hard left hook to the body of Marcus Browne. Marcus responded with a crisp one-two combination down the pipe. Holt backed off but only for a second; he darted in with a quick jab to the midsection. As Holt moved in and out of range, Browne stalked forward with his hands cocked and ready to fire at a moment's notice. Browne came forward, looking to engage, and Holt responded with a three punch combination that forced his opponent to back away again.

Holt threw a one-two that hit nothing but air and Browne snapped back the head of Holt with a jab. Browne made a move to clinch and Holt pushed forward, driving Browne back against the fence. Holt basically shrugged Browne off and circled away to the center of the ring. Browne came in, looking to clinch up again, and Holt tagged him with a right hand on the button.

As the round progressed, Adam Holt continued to hammer Browne with punches both at a range and in the clinch. By the end, Holt was landing four or five shots for every punch that Browne attempted- and he only landed one or two in response.

This was a big round for Adam Holt.

Round 2 – This round happened in two stages, much like the opening round of Pillow Hands versus Jeff Benjamin: Adam Holt absolutely had his way with Marcus Browne for the opening three minutes of this round, dominating in the clinch and at a distance, landing beautiful punches and knees from all angles. However, Marcus Browne is nobody's fool; Browne cracked Holt with a big right hand late in the round that backed Holt up for a moment.

Adam Holt responded with some big punches of his own, but Browne smelled blood in the water and picked up the pace, working his own boxing skills that hadn't been on display for the first nine minutes of the fight.

With seconds left in the round, Marcus Browne trapped Holt against the cage, and teed off on him with heavy punches down the middle. The audience was on its feet! Holt grabbed onto Browne and held on, stalling for time.

Round 3 – Browne opened the round with a left hook that hit nothing but air, and Holt responded with an equally unsuccessful one-two combination. Browne tagged Holt with a shot to the body that forced Holt to take a big gulp of air, and Holt began an awkward series of clinch-and-release actions, without dealing any real damage. Holt seemed to be trying to regain his breath, although he did land a nice elbow during a clinching exchange.

Two minutes into the round, and exhausted Adam Holt clinched with Browne once more, but it seemed that it was more of a stalling tactic to catch his breath than to deal any real damage in the fight. Browne quickly reversed the position, so that he was holding Holt against the cage, and started working dirty boxing against Holt up close. Browne landed a nice, clean uppercut that seemed to awaken Holt a bit, and he started firing back.

Soon, we were witnesses to a close ranged dirty boxing war, not quite against the cage, but not quite in the center of the ring, either. Both men were digging hooks to the body and loading up with short punches to the face. The crowd was on its feet as the two fighters traded uppercuts, back-and-forth the battle raged.

Hold broke free from the clinch, landed a jab, and clinched up again. Holt pressed Browne against the fence, nailing him with heavy punches up close, and Browne responded with a big uppercut. Browne began fighting back at a faster pace, knowing that he needed a finish to secure the win. Browne reversed the position, trapping Holt against the cage, and tagged him with some hard shots- Holt surprised the fans by attempting to pull guard, signifying that he must have been hurt by the strikes.

The striking output of Browne continued to increase, and Holt began to noticeably fade. The fans were giving a literal standing ovation by this point, screaming for the finish. Brown responded with a series of hard punches to the face of Holt against the cage. Holt broke free from the clinch and fought his way back to the center of the cage, hammering Browne with heavy punches, and Browne responded with punches of his own! One, two, three, four, Holt was landing punches in bunches again! Browne seemed to be hurt by the flurry of Holt, but responded with a four punch combination of his own! On rubbery legs, Browne battered Holt with a monstrous combination against the cage! Holt went down and Browne hammered him with more blows! The referee was standing close, considering jumping in with five seconds left on the clock... and he jumped in! What a fight!

Ladies and gentlemen, the referee has called a stop to the action at four minutes and fifty five seconds of the third and final round, declaring the winner by TKO: Marcus Browne!”

Marcus Browne gave an excited shout out to Voodoo Nutrition, thanking them for their continued support.

http://i.imgur.com/08HDia9.jpg

Up Next: After Action Report

• Upvote 2

That awkward moment when you realize that the forums didn't update to show your new posts because you edited old posts to paste your review in. Shameless self-bump.

• Upvote 2

Jack Johnson: Coach, did you see the posting just before the main event at the last show?
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0535/6917/products/personaltrainershirt.jpeg?v=1414445691
Yes I did Jack, but I don't think you're ready to join a tournament yet.

Jack: Why do you say that Coach?

Coach: Jack, you have all the talent in the world to be the greatest MMA Superheavyweight fighter that ever lived. But you lack the experience. You need more time and experience before you enter a tournament like that.

Jack: What more experience will I get than fighting? I want to be in the cage Coach. I want to be in the cage every day, I want to fight everyone. I want to prove to myself and to my fans that I'm better than I was today.

Coach: You will Jack, you will.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/11/11w5.jpg

Confidence is high ahead of Phil Cerrone's second professional fight, so much so that the winless fighter was spotted leaving OG's Gentlemans Club in the early hours of the morning, or should I say kicked out onto the streets. One 'gentleman' claimed he overheard Cerrone demanding a free dance in a VIP booth after stating "Do you know who I am?! I'm the king of Vegas! I wake up with a different bitch every day, you're lucky I chose you." The poor girl, trying to just do her job like everyone else in the world, promptly called security resulting in Cerrone lasting less time in the club than he did in the cage during his last fight.

http://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-albu-g3-M00-13-F8-rBVaHFRuJZ2ADkGUAAC10aod_RU112.jpg/bar-word-vest-ds-lead-dancer-skirt-uniform.jpg

Perhaps Cerrone should be keeping his eye on his upcoming fight rather than half clothed women due to the fact he has never won a fight, amateur nor professional. At least he has a good taste in girls.