Steriod/Drug testing

IrishTommy

well i think it could work if it given out like stub toe and IQ messages randomly but related to your fighters popularity The more popular hidden the less likely you our to get caught our do stupid shit .It might make the hidden actual useful.It be pain for org owners have a fighters suspended right beofre a big right but will add a little spice to the game .

Image getting a few of these in your in box.Your fighter has caught driver under control substance and nearly rolling over a pregnant woman .Fighter receives a 100k fine and 1 year suspension

Your fighter has punched a fan at a night club after a drunken night out .Gets a life time ban from ever fighting in Las Vegas .

Mike could have field day with the number o things he could come up with

Things like that need tons of thinking and filtering but I like the idea behind it. should be hidden-related and VERY rare. The big downside of it is if a fight gets cancelled so that occurance most likely should be removed completely.

I made a thread some time ago about a posible "Profesionalism" hidden that would trigger some shenanigans and add a lot of flavor to the game <http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62598>

at the moment you cannot get an avatar approved or for that matter canned with an explanation why within a month or two. why do you think there is room to add other BS?, the game is not being monitored that is obvious

fix what is fucked or at least make the effort to address day to day issues before adding anything

is it a pain in the ass to play the game?

most of it is fun, but parts of the micromanagement (flying, clothes, supplements) is both unnecessary and annoying to deal with. likewise, running an org is fairly demanding without having to deal with assholes randomly failing drug tests and destroying your events as well. sure its "realistic" but it isnt fun and a game should be fun

• Upvote 1

most of it is fun, but parts of the micromanagement (flying, clothes, supplements) is both unnecessary and annoying to deal with. likewise, running an org is fairly demanding without having to deal with assholes randomly failing drug tests and destroying your events as well. sure its "realistic" but it isnt fun and a game should be fun

Yeah I'm not necesarily standing up for this steroid idea. In general, anything that would prevent a fight from happening is a no-no. But still, I wouldn't oppose some random crazy things happening as long as they're very rare.

I don't think rarity matters much, it would just be a negative addition without gameplay value as many have pointed out. The way to do it right right should be something along your professionalism ideas RegularJohn. But if this is done I'd like it to go even further and give the manager some way to interact with it. Like having a choice to punish the fighter or not when they do bad shit which could equal take a short term morale hit but build professionalism long term. Go Abdulmanap on them :whip: Could also be choices for the org about it involving hype, payment reduction etc. which would also push some player interaction and help differentiate orgs further.

I don't think rarity matters much, it would just be a negative addition without gameplay value as many have pointed out. The way to do it right right should be something along your professionalism ideas RegularJohn. But if this is done I'd like it to go even further and give the manager some way to interact with it. Like having a choice to punish the fighter or not when they do bad shit which could equal take a short term morale hit but build professionalism long term. Go Abdulmanap on them :whip: Could also be choices for the org about it involving hype, payment reduction etc. which would also push some player interaction and help differentiate orgs further.

yeah good idea. Send them to rehab or something then have them come back after two days saying they're a new person.

see i like the idea of bringing the illegal supps in tbh. leave it to the managers to choose weather their fighters use them or not. and if they do theirs that chance of the random msg, plus like it was pointed out the repercussions of getting caught or the fighter was drunk fighting fans etc. neat idea but would take a lot of work. yea it might cause a fight to get cancelled for an org but just have it set up so the org doesnt take a hype hit for a cancelled match. instead the fighter takes a hype/popularity hit if caught. idk i like the idea personnally about adding it but i also see where everyone else is coming from on why it shouldnt be added

oh yeah lets add some random bullshit thatll make it even more of a pain in the ass to play the game

wait where is everyone going

While I would not go so far as to say that the game is a pain in the ass to play, for the most part, I do agree that this will push people away from the game rather than make it better.

Personal Assistant takes care of most of that nonsense, but yeah having people sign fight offers in a timely fashion, or making weight, or any number of other issues can make it really hard on org owners. Which will only create more burnout. We don't need to increase the rate at which fight orgs close up. Terrible for the game.

see i like the idea of bringing the illegal supps in tbh. leave it to the managers to choose weather their fighters use them or not. and if they do theirs that chance of the random msg, plus like it was pointed out the repercussions of getting caught or the fighter was drunk fighting fans etc. neat idea but would take a lot of work. yea it might cause a fight to get cancelled for an org but just have it set up so the org doesnt take a hype hit for a cancelled match. instead the fighter takes a hype/popularity hit if caught. idk i like the idea personnally about adding it but i also see where everyone else is coming from on why it shouldnt be added

Realistic though it may be, this is just bad. You hit the nail on the head with some of this though. Lots of work to make it happen, it would kill orgs like crazy since fights getting canceled would be terrible for most orgs. especially if an org is trying out a bigger arena for the first time when a fight gets canceled. It could be devastating to the hype and therefore the earnings of the org. It would add another issue to deal with in relation to running an org and increase the rate at which they fold, and it would give unfair advantages to those that opt to use the illegal substances. To say nothing of the fact that a 12 week suspension (the length of an in-game year) would suck for org owners and managers alike if they get caught. Plus, what if there is no drug testing in Japan, for instance? Then the fighter's could fight in Japan for a few in-game years, using steroids the whole time, then sign with an org anywhere else and stop taking them. They would NEVER get busted and have huge advantages as a result. No this is a super terrible idea and it needs to just die.