TV Series worth watching

THT

My missus is looking for a new series to watch, it needs to be something that has some legs on it and will last a few days.

In the past she has watched and enjoyed shit like :

Dexter (All seasons)

Fringe (All seasons)

Heroes (All seasons)

Battle Star Galactica (All seasons)

Farscape (All seasons) - Which is fucking awesome

Caprica (All seasons)

Alphas (All seasons)

GOT (All seasons)

Grim (All seasons)

Supernatural (All seasons)

Being Human (All seasons)

That's the first few that I think most would be bothered to read, she watches a wide variety of genre's so if you could just smash your suggestions for a new view that, I am sure that others will like them too.

NB: I don't watch too much tele because I am always on MMATycoon

Looking at all ongoing series atm, my favourite easily is Boardwalk Empire... i'd rate it higher than GoT, Walking Dead and the now finished Breaking Bad. I am a big fan of such mob/prohibition stuff in general, so that's also a factor. I love all mentioned series, although - knowing i am in the big minority, i can't motivate me anymore to watch Walking Dead. They got - for my preference - a horrible pacing, one climax hunts the other, the buzz from the beginning is gone for me.

Alright, here we go...

Twin Peaks - one of my alltime favourites, watching it now it may feel a bit odd with this 90's look but you won't regret it

The Wire - also a classic and by critics one of the highest rated series ever

Deadwood - watching it atm, pretty damn great and it is insane how many familiar actor faces you will see there. Which brings me to...

Justified - with the main actor here also in the lead role

In general i like crime series with some sort of local touch like Justified... nothing too polished which takes itself very serious like Law & Order/CSI and so on. Not all are really brillant lol, but let's call it easy watching stuff where one episode is a full circle, i like that. -> Memphis Blues, The Glades... personal tip, it's cheesy but it has something, Death in paradise.

Monk - it's just smart easy watching stuff with a great character, i have seen every episode

Life (with the Homeland guy)

Sopranos

Sons of Anarchy

Seinfeld - best comedy ever, old but still gold... i really HATE Big Bang Theory and HIMYM... HATE lol, so i sometimes prefer to go back some years and watch some Seinfeld, King of Queens or Two and a half men again.

I'm watching Grimm atm also... it's cheesy lol, similar to Supernatural, but dunno, it's just easy watching stuff and i like some supernatural stuff here and there. I'm a bit more ashamed that i watch True Blood though. :D

• Upvote 1

I can top that nerd-wise , while having seen all Star Trek series also except the last one... i have watched Babylon 5 complete... A YEAR AGO! :D

Yep you win the nerd-off with that Roger!

Can't believe I forgot to mention the best series ever, Curb Your Enthusiasm. If you like seinfeld (which everyone should) then this is the show for you.

Looking at all ongoing series atm, my favourite easily is Boardwalk Empire... i'd rate it higher than GoT, Walking Dead and the now finished Breaking Bad. I am a big fan of such mob/prohibition stuff in general, so that's also a factor. I love all mentioned series, although - knowing i am in the big minority, i can't motivate me anymore to watch Walking Dead. They got - for my preference - a horrible pacing, one climax hunts the other, the buzz from the beginning is gone for me.

Alright, here we go...

Twin Peaks - one of my alltime favourites, watching it now it may feel a bit odd with this 90's look but you won't regret it

The Wire - also a classic and by critics one of the highest rated series ever

Deadwood - watching it atm, pretty damn great and it is insane how many familiar actor faces you will see there. Which brings me to...

Justified - with the main actor here also in the lead role

In general i like crime series with some sort of local touch like Justified... nothing too polished which takes itself very serious like Law & Order/CSI and so on. Not all are really brillant lol, but let's call it easy watching stuff where one episode is a full circle, i like that. -> Memphis Blues, The Glades... personal tip, it's cheesy but it has something, Death in paradise.

Are you you missus?

Feeling slightly stalked

Probably been said but here is my list:

-Breaking Bad

-Game of Thrones

-Californication

-Entourage

-Eastbound and Down

-Homeland

-Mad Men

-Luther

-Spartacus