Stu_Pidasol

• 2 months later...

You must have missed the first half an hour (3/ ~45 and then a dropped caught behind that would have made it 4) and confused Root with the English cricket team. Easy enough to do and probably not far from the truth!

At least Root is all class.

Pretty good test match so far, scoring like a limited overs match on a pitch that favours bowlers by the look of it, but has short 'long' boundaries so plenty of runs.

This new England have a lot to thank Paul Farbrace for, their now assistant coach alongside Bayliss.

And they have a lot to thank the Kiwis for as well, for playing in such an exciting fast scoring way even in tests, and inspiring England to match them. England have raised their game up to the level of the Aussies which is great to see.

They have also stumbled upon a very all rounded team too. The bowling attack is like in 2005 with Anderson instead of Hoggard, Broad matching Harmison, Wood being Simon Jones and Stokes as Flintoff. They're almost identical. And they have proper batsmen all the way down to 8, and then two good batting bowlers - Mark Wood being better than Broad these days in my opinion. Wood even opens for his county in one day cricket. Needless to say I'm delighted.

I fancy England's batting more than their bowling to be honest. I am bias to be sure, but I don't see this as an Ashes that England can win, as opposed to an Ashes that Australia can lose.

• 4 weeks later...

6 overs in, Australia have lost 6 wickets. Wow.

That's the Ashes won says Boycott. Coronation at the Oval, festival game for the finale.

60 all out!

Fastest a team has been bowled out in their first innings.

First time extras has top scored in an Ashes innings.

Fastest 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th wickets have fallen.

8-15 for Broad.

• 3 weeks later...