Additional "Speciality Slot"

MMATycoon

Yeah I know what you mean Cus - the point of this though is to give something that could possibly hook new players to the game. meaning they are more likely to transition into playing the game long term rather than joining and then realising before even being able to compete at the upper echelon they need to put years into their fighters..

This way they get to fight and fight quickly with fairly decent fighters - meaning they will hopefully realise the game is worth their investment of time

I see, only problem i see then if its more so directed at the newer players is them not wanting to wait to train their other guys to 70% once trying the QFC way and just having a whole roster full of QFC guys.

It wouldn't be soley at new guys - existing players could do it as well, returning vets that wants to fight with a decent fighter while they rebuild their roster..

The way to stop them from having a whole roster full of these types of fighters - is limiting the amount they could create. Maybe allowing Non-Vips 1 of these fighters and allowing VIPs 2 or 3 of these fighters.. That gives an incentive to purchase VIP.. While still leaving room on the roster to train up fighters for the "real" game. On the flip side if these newer guys/returning vets/existing players actually have a whole roster full of these types of guys is it that bad of a thing? I mean the more players playing and paying VIP the better it is for everyone.

What I think really needs to be understood regardless of what game style the person wants to play, slow-burn real MMA Tycoon or a more arcade like version, to maximise the amount of players you attract and retain you really need to cater to both groups.

• Upvote 2

It wouldn't be soley at new guys - existing players could do it as well, returning vets that wants to fight with a decent fighter while they rebuild their roster..

The way to stop them from having a whole roster full of these types of fighters - is limiting the amount they could create. The other thing to look at maybe would be allowing Non-Vips 1 of these fighters and allowing VIPs 2 or 3 of these fighters.. That gives an incentive to purchase VIP.. While still leaving room on the roster to train up fighters for the "real" game. On the flip side if these newer guys/returning vets/existing players actually have a whole roster full of these types of guys is it that bad of a thing? I mean the more players playing and paying VIP the better it is for everyone.

What I think really needs to be understood regardless of what game style the person wants to play, slow-burn real MMA Tycoon or a more arcade like version, to maximise the amount of players you attract and retain you really need to cater to both groups.

I wasn't meaning it would be a bad thing all round if there were some managers that had a whole roster full of these types of fighters just that if a lot of the newer guys/guys signing up only make the QFC type fighters and never create any of the fighters we have now the game might be completely different in 12 months time and more arcade like. I think a cap on how many you can have like you said would be best myself, even half your roster so people still have to make fighters that need to be trained.

Yea I think you can only use that as your 'Niche' slot so it'd be limited to 1 fighter per roster

It really depends on what Mike whats to achieve.. If it's to add some extra fighters to niche aspects of the game then sure 1 fighter..

If he want to use this idea (QFC 70% fighters) to try and expand/generate etc etc the game then I think it would be silly to limit it to 1 per roster.. To be fair this 70% QFC thing has more spawned from the idea of an additional speciality slot.

I honestly don't think we lose people because they think it's too scary looking at top fighters and not competing at the top straight away. I think we lose people because;

1. The game looks too complicated and they can't be bothered learning. 30%

2. They lose. 30%

3. It looks too slow. When they see they have to wait 2 days for their first fight they can't be bothered waiting. 20%

4. They thought it would be graphical. 10%

5. Other 10%

Just a random guess but they're my assumptions. Whenever I have played a game like this I always assumed I would have to work my way to the top over a decent period of time. We lose most people in the first few days; often before they have chance to even understand the concept of fighter skill levels etc.

I honestly don't think we lose people because they think it's too scary looking at top fighters and not competing at the top straight away. I think we lose people because;

2. They lose. 30%

3. It looks too slow. When they see they have to wait 2 days for their first fight they can't be bothered waiting. 20%

5. Other 10%

Just a random guess but they're my assumptions. Whenever I have played a game like this I always assumed I would have to work my way to the top over a decent period of time. We lose most people in the first few days; often before they have chance to even understand the concept of fighter skill levels etc.

I think this is pretty much spot on.

2. They lose. 30%

5. Other 10%

I mostly agree with this. I think the changes you were going to make with sliders so it shows how often you'd throw certain moves will help a lot with #1.

I think the fighting at the top end part is really for returning managers. Once you've fought at the top before it's hard to do that 2 year grind again if you're a competitive person. That is why guys like Edsfan, Shiv, Swan Song, Rayden, Skinny and even J-bomb to an extent tried to pick up scraps on the FA market. A few of them played the spam QFC's to get their rank really high so they could actually get GOOD FA's.

I think the other thing you have to consider is not everybody gets VIP right away. If you build 4 guys @ 18 most likely those fighters are only fighting one time a month or so because you have to give young guys time to train their skills up since they start with so few. If a couple of those fights happen on the same weekend you could be looking at a month before your next fight. That's not a great incentive to sign in everyday especially because non-VIP's can't even really see pops.

If you do manage to go VIP very early in your experience do you think the pops from training is really a reason to sign in everyday like it used to be? I don't. So okay let's say you go VIP and start with 10 fighters right away. Let's also say they're also fighting about once a month so they have time to train. There are times you can go 10 days or 2 weeks with no fights, again I think people lose interest before they ever really get the chance to get hooked.

If you give them 1 guy who can fight with no injury and potentially fight every couple days or once a week, even though it's only 1 guy that could be enough to keep them signing in for a while and leave a greater opportunity that they get hooked on the game

Boxing Superb, 10 (2)+ Muay Thai Wonderful, 12 (3)- Wrestling Exceptional, 13 (14)+ BJJ Strong, 9 (7)++ Agility Exceptional, 13 (17)- Flexibility Wonderful, 12 (32)++ Speed Wonderful, 12 (17)- Strength Sensational, 14 (40)- Conditioning Sensational, 14 (25)+ Balance Exceptional, 13 (8)-

Punches Exceptional, 13 (10)+ Kicks Exceptional, 13 (15)++ Elbows Useless, 1 (60)+ Knees Exceptional, 13 (1)-- Clinchwork Exceptional, 13 (3)-- Striking Defense Exceptional, 13 (13)++ Ground n Pound Wonderful, 12 (3)- Takedown Off Wonderful, 12 (12)++ Takedown Def Exceptional, 13 (8)-- Submissions Useless, 1 (60)-- Defensive Grap Exceptional, 13 (7)++ Transitions Superb, 10 (28)- Escapes Useless, 1 (60)--

This fighter is 69.10% skills. I think having a guy who can have a little bit of diversity in his builds without having HUGE glaring holes in other parts of his game and fight every couple of days to once a week could keep guys wanting to come back long enough to keep them around. I agree with Mike in the sense I think we lose most of the guys before they ever get a chance to give the game a chance.

If those %'s are pretty close that means we're losing half or more users in the first couple of weeks from either thinking it looks too complicated or seeing 2 days for that first QFC and immediately giving up on the game.

• Upvote 1