sparring

GreekFighter

So I got an 18 yo fighter a few months and I was wondering if it is worth doing 3 boxing sparring sessions per week. Right now he is 4 star at boxing and but I was doing cardio and some weights as well and has 10 cardio. So is it better to do secondary training 5-10 people in each session but elite coaches or just do more sparring and more physicals? Also in the TOTT said during 3/3fights 'he has been spending a lot of time sparring his boxing in the run up to the fight, trying to sharpen up those hands and look for a knockout' and managed to KO all his opponents. So what is better?

I wouldn't do secondary classes with more than 5 people in it if you can help it. Keep sparring his boxing - is fun, why not.

The are some key stats that all fighters need though, so sooner or later he'll have to have good punches, str def and clinch, plus tkd def, def grap, trans and escapes if he's to be a sprawl and brawler.

Cardio and strength to 12 ASAP is pretty important too, whatever style of fighter he is.

• Upvote 2

So boxing sparring will increase my boxing primary, however what if I get 5 star at the sparring worth? should I stop sparring then?

You should stop sparring when you have Elite boxing :)

but try to keep your figher balanced dont do just one thing. Also dont do back to back sparrings second sparring will give no improvments.

If your guy is 18 year old its recommended to better do coach trainings at the beggining and sparr around age 21-22 or maybe little younger if you want to fight fast but I would not recommend to fight to fast if you have created project fighter.

right now i have 4 star sparring worth since a few weeks ago. The max stat is 5 star. Is it better to try to max it or focus on physicals?

Dont look at these stars at all it doesnt matter it just matters for sparring it has nothing to do with fight.

If you want to fight you need to have good Pshysicals but if you are building project then start with secondaries and sparrings becase Pshysicals train at the same speed at any age when other skills depends on age.

Also do you think I should spar every day? Or is it too much?

If the fighter is between 18-20 I would better do coach trainings after that start to sparr but also maybe not split it probably do 3-4 sparring sessions a week.