Proper Guides

SnapDragon

Ok, so im going to talk a little shit, but dont kill me because im new. Almost every veteran ive talked to have reiterated similar points regarding the access of basic up to date information in this game. I have struggled finding very basic things myself, let alone more nuanced aspects of the game. I dont know what it takes to run this site. I dont know shit, but if it were a problem that could be fixed, could we start fixing it?

• Upvote 1

Well for some reason this community is against in game tutorial.
I wrote about it here and told how hard for new manager is to find out stuff in this game and that you literally have to waste hours of hours of time just to understand how basics work. But for some reason they think its not all like that so maybe you as a new mangers can put some light in to them.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59398&p=824526

• Upvote 1

I read the wiki pages i can find, but its kind of a black hole of links. Whoever codes the page had just recently knocked it out of commission until today. I have had very poor success finding relevant information using the search engine. Most of the threads that pop up are many years old, and while admist it all there is valuable information to find, there is also troves of information that is either inaccurate or outdated. Theres a gap between 2014/15 and a year later when it started to pick up again. Not sure what happened, i wasnt here. The sliders....no argument there. I try to study fights to see how sliders are implemented but experience will be my greatest teacher.

Got to agree with this. Wiki keeps leaving me in a non-loading page wasteland, and as I read things here in the forum, it's hard to know if subjects are current (not knowing when changes actually happened).

On the other hand, it DOES push you to get a mentor (bless mine's patient heart!), and up to now I've found people a LOT more friendly and helpful than virtually any other game out there...so maybe there's method to the madness...!? ;)

• Upvote 1

Its true, the mentorship program is invaluable and almost anyone with real experience ive spoken with have all been generous with their time. Honestly, i dont know where they find the patience.

I feel like your surrounded by rainbows and pixie sticks lol. Such a "bright side of life" way to look at it. Its scrambling my brain... I think we can all walk away with a warm hearted message here.

• Upvote 1