Creating Custom Avatars

SnapDragon

I have looked over the forum and although there are many topics regarding this, i couldnt find anything specific resembling a guide to initiating the process. From what i could gather people are taking base images and superimposing aspects of the tycoon avatars onto them, and blending. Now, what are the requirements for doing this for an avatar to be accepted, vs those that are not compatible. If there is already a thread discussing this i would appreciate the link. Im familiar with photoshop, and while im by no means an expert, am still capable nonetheless. Ive also got a 3d design program on standby, but from what i can tell it doesnt seem to be necessary. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Maybe im a retard but my searching never even came up with that default page. Thanks!

Upon reading a second time more closely i answered my next questions...

Almost every part of the site has this (i) info button that redirects you to the info page about that particular section. Some useful stuff could be found there.

The main problem I have at the moment is that people keep doing really shitty, pixely eyes.
My main tip would be that you have to design the image at a much bigger size than the actual avatar dimensions, then size it down once it is finished... If you try to draw anything on to an avatar the finished size it will look rubbish.

• Upvote 1

The main problem I have at the moment is that people keep doing really shitty, pixely eyes.

My main tip would be that you have to design the image at a much bigger size than the actual avatar dimensions, then size it down once it is finished... If you try to draw anything on to an avatar the finished size it will look rubbish.

Thats because I am not doing avatars anymore.

What are some of the more dated aspects of the info and how has it changed?

I am in no way saying I know everything about making avatars because I have also just recently got into doing them but have been doing posters, logo's and other design jobs for managers in the game. Anyhow I was mainly referring to the one example of a denied avatar and it saying it was due to it being to realistic since a lot of the guys who are making them now are having them be as real as possible. But I will say that if the wiki had a few larger sized images of in game avatars for people making them to use when cutting out features like the eyes and whatnot rather than having to use the in game sized avatar images would be helpful. This would make designing them at larger sizes before you would ultimately downsize the finished design a lot easier.

Are you limited to a certain area or percentage of the profile being a part of the original or does it just have to be of high quality and follow the general acceptance rules?